Did We Just Discover Aliens? Harvard Researchers Think So. - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
^Beyond this political fantasy, we should recognize our plight for what it is, an information bias. Being present is an information bias (finite mind vs infinite potential). We assign contemporary reason/values to things we simply don't understand. The behavior of an alien species is pure speculation, and I for one will stand behind the notion that war is a primitive feature of evolutionary development. In-fact, binary thought in general is primitive. We're slowly moving away from a binary paradigm, it's difficult though, because the human mind has evolved with it as a perceptional operating system.

The new mode of perception is an interactionist nondual perspective. This follows the evolution of our understanding of matter, space and time. The operating system we use is essentially useful fiction, and dualism is no longer useful fiction. After-all, competition has always been blind cooperation, because dialectical interaction has forced us along a path of technological evolution. Eventually, we will recognize that mindful cooperation is more effective than blind cooperation.

The internet is the beginning of the noosphere (stage of evolutionary development dominated by consciousness, the mind, and interpersonal relationships). The ONE mind we share will be revealed to us, and the binary paradigm will fade away. It's my belief that an interstellar species would be past this stage of evolutionary development. They would most likely be telepathic and so interconnected in a civilized network, war would be unfathomable.

Anyway, run along and talk tar-ship troopers and how the lasers go pew pew. :lol: :roll:
Last edited by RhetoricThug on 12 Nov 2018 18:36, edited 3 times in total.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Once again, that is not up to you to decide and you are free to leave the thread if you feel this topic is so beneath you. :lol:

That might be a good idea before you embarrass yourself further.

If we are discussing the actual topic, then my vote would be some odd sort of offgassing caused the odd change in trajectory.

Nah. If I wanted to discuss that further, I would have.

Besides, you already stated, on record, that you believe as a consistent leftist that the working class should be armed with military grade weapons contra gun control.

So we are on the same team. :lol:

That is not the argument being made in that thread.

I will take this as a concession.
RhetoricThug wrote:^Beyond this political fantasy, we should recognize our plight for what it is, an information bias. Being present is an information bias (finite mind vs infinite potential). We assign contemporary reason/values to things we simply don't understand. The behavior of an alien species is pure speculation, and I for one will stand behind the notion that war is a primitive feature of evolution. In-fact, binary thought in general is primitive. We're slowly moving away from a binary paradigm, it's difficult though, because the human mind has evolved with it as a perceptional operating system.

The new mode of perception is an interactionist nondual perspective. This follows the evolution of our understanding of matter, space and time. The operating system we use is essentially useful fiction, and dualism is no longer useful fiction. After-all, competition has always been blind cooperation, because dialectical interaction has forced us along a path of technological evolution. Eventually, we will recognize that mindful cooperation is more effective than blind cooperation.

The internet is the beginning of the noosphere (stage of evolutionary development dominated by consciousness, the mind, and interpersonal relationships). The ONE mind we share will be revealed to us, and the binary paradigm will fade away. It's my belief that an interstellar species would be past this stage of evolutionary development. They would most likely be telepathic and so interconnected in a civilized network, war would be unfathomable.

Anyway, run along and talk tar-ship troopers and how the lasers go pew pew.

^ Speaking of an alien visitation.

Pants-of-dog wrote:If we are discussing the actual topic, then my vote would be some odd sort of offgassing caused the odd change in trajectory.

Yeah, we know where all the off-gassing is coming from Pants, and it ain't from space.

:lol:

Pants-of-dog wrote:That is not the argument being made in that thread.

I'm not discussing that thread. This is a red-herring.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I will take this as a concession.

As long as we agree that you oppose gun control in principle, or at least should if you were consistent.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Yeah, we know where all the off-gassing is coming from Pants, and it ain't from space.

:lol:

Yes, you tend to make these offtopic attacks when you have no argument.

I'm not discussing that thread. This is a red-herring.

As long as we agree that you oppose gun control in principle, or at least should if you were consistent.

And we also agree that you misread a website and actually disproved your own implied argument.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, you tend to make these offtopic attacks when you have no argument.

Actually, you basically conceded your failure on this thread, pot calling the kettle black perhaps? :lol:

Pants-of-dog wrote:And we also agree that you misread a website and actually disproved your own implied argument.

So long as we agree you are opposed to gun control and therefore are being inconsistent when engaging in the defense of such a position contra marxism for purposes of expediency and tribalism.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Actually, you basically conceded your failure on this thread, pot calling the kettle black perhaps? :lol:

Sure, believe what you want about opinionsabout a kids book.

So long as we agree you are opposed to gun control and therefore are being inconsistent when engaging in the defense of such a position contra marxism for purposes of expediency and tribalism.

Your incorrect opinion about me does not change the fact that you made mistakes and are now unwilling to discuss the claim you made.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Sure, believe what you want about opinionsabout a kids book.

Yes, I will continue to affirm the correct interpretation regarding a work of political fiction that has its place in political theory. In part vindicated from your clear error.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Your incorrect opinion about me does not change the fact that you made mistakes and are now unwilling to discuss the claim you made.

My correct assessment of your own publicly stated position (in spite of your cowardly mid-stream attempts to dodge and evade the argument) does not change the fact that I am not going to engage in your red-herrings about something said in another thread here.

Glad we agree.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:My correct assessment of your own publicly stated position (in spite of your cowardly mid-stream attempts to dodge and evade the argument) does not change the fact that I am not going to engage in your red-herrings about something said in another thread here.

Glad we agree.

I never asked you to respond here.

You should reply in the thread where you erred.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I never asked you to respond here.

You should reply in the thread where you erred.

You brought up a thread here that is not relevant to any topic being discussed here. Hence, a red-herring.

HERE, your argument was refuted and your childish dismissal has been noted.

HERE, you brought up a red-herring to which I answered the equally valid red-herring of the fact that you have publicly admitted that as a consistent leftist, you believe in the mass arming of the working class with military grade weapons, or whatever approximation as legally possible; contra gun control.

Glad we agree.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:You brought up a thread here that is not relevant to any topic being discussed here. Hence, a red-herring.

HERE, your argument was refuted and your childish dismissal has been noted.

HERE, you brought up a red-herring to which I answered the equally valid red-herring of the fact that you have publicly admitted that as a consistent leftist, you believe in the mass arming of the working class with military grade weapons, or whatever approximation as legally possible; contra gun control.

Glad we agree.

1. People can have differing opinions about book interpretations. There is no single correct interpretation.

2. Your implied argument in the linked thread was shown to be incorrect.

3. Your incorrect opinion about my stance in gun control is irrelevant.

4. You ignored my only topical claim.

You may now go back to talking about me instead of making an argument.
0X∞ = Strange loop of potential
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Speaking of an alien visitation.
I come in peace, to redirect the pieces of this curious puzzle (tuss-dem-zuzzle). I am consciousness having a human experience. We share this consciousness and that's why forum image RT can visit with you. In 2014, I was granted access to the inner-circulation of this cyclical cipher. In 2022, I'll visit again and shed light on the orthogonal multiplex message.

We're strange loops we said we're strange loops we said (veiled veneration of ONE)... Substantial reality is a relative projection of a simultaneous happening. This kind of meta-cognitive awareness doesn't resonate with forum image Victoribus Spolia because he has unknowingly convinced his higher SELF that he's in-fact a program that is being projected into reality by the mind's circuitry. That's why he's invested so much of his time on Earth to useful fiction and the frictional-fractal-fractures. The tale he chases is an interrelated consummation. The Universe is making LOVE. 1X0, we hang in the balance. I am a strange l∞p I said. I cannot be created or destroyed.
Last edited by RhetoricThug on 12 Nov 2018 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote: 1. People can have differing opinions about book interpretations. There is no single correct interpretation.

Under that view, one could argue there is no correct interpretation of any human writing, including things like, lets say, gun statistics? :lol:

That is an ad-reductio argument, besides the fact that the author himself was explicit with his views and what he intended to convey in this work.

If you want to argue by an appeal to literary relativism, then Marx was clearly an Anarcho-Capitalist. That is my interpretation after all and its just as valid as yours. :excited:

Pants-of-dog wrote:2. Your implied argument in the linked thread was shown to be incorrect.

Your expressed argument in this thread was shown to be incorrect, and we are in this thread after all, not that one.

Pants-of-dog wrote:3. Your incorrect opinion about my stance in gun control is irrelevant.

Correct, not unlike your opinion of what I said in an entirely different thread, which was the point.

Pants-of-dog wrote:4. You ignored my only topical claim.

That is because I was addressing you point about Starship Troopers, and pretty well nothing else.

Pants-of-dog wrote:You may now go back to talking about me instead of making an argument.

I haven't been discussing you, i've been discussing your arguments.

Don't let your delusions of grandeur cloud whats going on here. You presented bad arguments, were refuted, and are trying to deflect with a red-herring distraction about another thread.

Time to pick up your toys and go home pants.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Under that view, one could argue there is no correct interpretation of any human writing, including things like, lets say, gun statistics? :lol:

That is an ad-reductio argument, besides the fact that the author himself was explicit with his views and what he intended to convey in this work.

If you want to argue by an appeal to literary relativism, then Marx was clearly an Anarcho-Capitalist. That is my interpretation after all and its just as valid as yours. :excited:

This only makes sense if we assume all written works are as open to interpretation as works of speculative fiction. Since works of fiction like Starship Troopers or the Bible are not making objective and verifiable claims, it would be stupid to pretend that they should be treated as if they did.

Your expressed argument in this thread was shown to be incorrect, and we are in this thread after all, not that one.

Correct, not unlike your opinion of what I said in an entirely different thread, which was the point.

That is because I was addressing you point about Starship Troopers, and pretty well nothing else.

I haven't been discussing you, i've been discussing your arguments.

Don't let your delusions of grandeur cloud whats going on here. You presented bad arguments, were refuted, and are trying to deflect with a red-herring distraction about another thread.

Time to pick up your toys and go home pants.

So, what does this have to do with the topic?

Do you have an actual argument here?
Pants-of-dog wrote:This only makes sense if we assume all written works are as open to interpretation as works of speculative fiction.

On what basis would you argue that there is such thing as objective criteria of verification? How would the author TELLING you what he meant not count as a verification of his intent?

Likewise, the Bible is verifiable. The Trinitarian God and His Providential Power has been proven by me on this forum. You are free to challenge my proof in the Immaterialism Debate Thread in the Agora where I present the argument.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So, what does this have to do with the topic?

Do you have an actual argument here?

Do you?

This was a direct address to the points you made in your last post.

If you are done, feel free to move on.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:On what basis would you argue that there is such thing as objective criteria of verification? How would the author TELLING you what he meant not count as a verification of his intent?

Without getting into a whole irrelevant discussion on whether art happens in the mind of the author or in the relationship between author and reader, I will simply say (again) that fiction cannot be verifed, while a scientific study or news article can.

Likewise, the Bible is verifiable. The Trinitarian God and His Providential Power has been proven by me on this forum. You are free to challenge my proof in the Immaterialism Debate Thread in the Agora where I present the argument.

Ahem.

I will simply say (again) that fiction cannot be verifed, while a scientific study or news article can.

Do you?

This was a direct address to the points you made in your last post.

If you are done, feel free to move on.

Maybe, but it has nothing to do with the topic.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Without getting into a whole irrelevant discussion on whether art happens in the mind of the author or in the relationship between author and reader, I will simply say (again) that fiction cannot be verifed, while a scientific study or news article can.

I already addressed this.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I will simply say (again) that fiction cannot be verifed, while a scientific study or news article can.

Logic is the basis of verifying propositions. If you are too cowardly to challenge my argument, then so be it.

Your dismissals have been noted.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Maybe, but it has nothing to do with the topic.

Neither were your original arguments. Glad we agree.

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]