2018 US Elections - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By One Degree
Beren wrote:There'll be proof as a result of the investigations perhaps. Which should be shut down by the SCOTUS, right? ;)

This is still more of beating a dead horse. Democrats forget Trump supporters don’t care what your investigations ‘uncover’. The same repeated mistake. Only Democrats care and therefore all they will accomplish is to alienate people and feel self satisfied. There is ‘no smoking gun’ or we would know by now. I find it very doubtful their investigation will turn up anything that results in substantial votes.
If Democrats want votes, they need to appeal to everyone with policies for everyone, not attack Trump. There is a lot of evidence the more you attack a position, the more support it gives to that position. Example: Attacking Trump supporters as Nazis increased the appeal of being a Nazi. They have grown from the attacks.
Attacking Trump has the same effect.
The only thing that prevented a huge red wave was healthcare. The only thing Democrats promote for everybody. Did they learn anything, or will they convince themselves identity politics gave them votes? I will guess the latter.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:There are still 18 undecided house seats. It is too early to know if Democrats have a workable majority or just their current 2 vote advantage. Very premature to fantasize about Trump being on the defensive.

Edit: ‘270 to win’ is only forecasting 222 to 202 with 11 not guessable.

It seems it wasn't very premature and the Democrats managed to get a workable majority after all. As it could be expected, by the way. :)

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2018/results/house
By One Degree
Beren wrote:It seems it wasn't very premature and the Democrats managed to get a workable majority after all. As it could be expected, by the way. :)

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2018/results/house

Lol. My post is from November 7th. Yours is 11 days later. Hardly grounds for saying it was not premature. :)
By One Degree
Beren wrote:It was not premature because that was the expected result despite all your bullshit. :D

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... ouse/#lite

Then why did it take so long to figure out who won? Apparently their expectations were hanging on a thread. They either lucked out or their confidence in what a political machine can force to happen was justified. :)
By Beren
One Degree wrote:Then why did it take so long to figure out who won? Apparently their expectations were hanging on a thread. They either lucked out or their confidence in what a political machine can force to happen was justified. :)

If they lucked out, then they were really lucky, but now it's absolutely justified to fantasise about Trump being on the defensive and get boners. :D
By One Degree
Beren wrote:If they lucked out, then they were really lucky, but now it's absolutely justified to fantasise about Trump being on the defensive and get boners. :D

Enjoy.
Two more years of nothing being done. hurray!
By One Degree
Beren wrote:So the president's party should always win? :)

Only if it favors what I want. :)
By Godstud
One degree wrote:Two more years of nothing being done.
Yes, despite having majorities in the House and Senate, Trump couldn't get anything done. That's because even his own people know he's a moron. Facts are like that. They slap you in the face.
By Ter
Godstud wrote: Trump couldn't get anything done

Nearly 3 million jobs have been created since President Trump took office.
304,000 manufacturing jobs have been created since President Trump took office, and manufacturing employment stands at its highest level since December 2008.
337,000 construction jobs have been created since President Trump took office, and construction employment stands at its highest level since June 2008.
Under President Trump, the unemployment rate has dropped to 3.8, the lowest rate since April 2000, and job openings have reached 6.6 million, the highest level recorded.
67 percent of Americans believe now is a good time to find a quality job, according to Gallup.
Only under President Trump have more than 50 percent of Americans believed it is a good time to find a quality job since Gallup began asking the question 17 years ago.
President Trump prioritized job training and workforce development to empower workers to seize more opportunities, signing an Executive Order to expand apprenticeship opportunities.
President Trump has restored confidence in the American economy, with confidence among both consumers and businesses reaching historic highs.
Consumer confidence in current conditions has reached a 17-year high, according to the Conference Board.
Optimism among manufacturers has hit record highs under President Trump, according to the National Association of Manufacturers.
Small business optimism has sustained record-high levels under President Trump according to the National Federation of Independent Business.
President Trump signed the historic Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, cutting taxes for American families and making American business more competitive.
American families received $3.2 trillion in gross tax cuts and saw the child tax credit double.
The top corporate tax rate was lowered from 35 percent to 21 percent so American businesses could be more competitive.
President Trump has rolled back unnecessary job-killing regulations beyond expectations.
In 2017, President Trump far exceeded his promise to eliminate regulations at a two-to-one ratio, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every new regulatory action.
The Administration rolled back rules and regulations harming farmers and energy producers, such as the Waters of the United States Rule and the Clean Power Plan.
Regional and community banks and credit unions got relief after President Trump signed legislation reducing harmful requirements imposed by the Dodd-Frank Act.
Since taking office, President Trump has advanced free, fair, and reciprocal trade deals that protect American workers, ending decades of destructive trade policies.
Days after taking office, the President withdrew the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations and agreement.
President Trump’s Administration is working to defend American intellectual property from China’s unfair practices through a range of actions.
The President improved the KORUS trade agreement with the Republic of Korea, which will allow more U.S. automobile exports to South Korea with lower tariffs and increase U.S. pharmaceutical access to South Korea.
American agriculture has gained access to new markets under President Trump.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... greatness/

If that is nothing, what would something be ?
By Drlee
So basically you are saying that Trump has given business whatever it wants without a thought to the long-term consequences.

I would like to add to the list:

Oh never mind. Conservatives no longer care about the deficit or the environment. Certainly not about the US standing in the world. And they are good friends with Russia. The republican party motto. WWPD? (What would Putin do?)
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Yes, despite having majorities in the House and Senate, Trump couldn't get anything done.

This just proves how ignorant you are of the facts. Maybe, that is because you don't live anywhere close the the USA. Praise the Lord.
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:This just proves how ignorant you are of the facts. Maybe, that is because you don't live anywhere close the the USA.
Fact. Republicans had both the House and the Senate for 2 years and almost nothing got done. You claim to live in the USA(and with your apparent level of education I am not surprised) and are are completely ignorant. What does that say about you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :knife:
That's not true. They ended Net Neutrality and also gave lots of money to the rich through the tax bill. Those were very popular and exactly what their base wanted.
By Hindsite
SpecialOlympian wrote:That's not true. They ended Net Neutrality and also gave lots of money to the rich through the tax bill. Those were very popular and exactly what their base wanted.

I am not rich, but the new tax law reduced my tax liability, so I don't have to pay as much in Federal taxes as I did under Obama.
By redcarpet
But...but...but...aren’ We winning? He told us that he was the greatest negotiator of all time. He promised trade wars were easy to win. He said that only he could solve all of these problems and make America great again. I want the 1950’s back when guys ran their families and wives knew their place. When those uppity blacks stayed in the back of the bus and white guys were in charge. Do you mean he lied?

And what happened to that promise of healthcare for all? WHERE is that better alternative plan he supposedly had kept that was BETTER than Obamacare?

WHERE is that better alternative to NAFTA and Paris Accord?
By Hindsite
redcarpet wrote:WHERE is that better alternative to NAFTA and Paris Accord?

NAFTA was replaced by USMCA and we pulled out of the Paris Accord because it was a bust. Ask the common people in Paris how they like the higher fuel prices because of the carbon taxes.
By redcarpet
You're a total dodger. Trump didn't present his alternatives in the 2016 campaign because he didn't have one.
By One Degree
redcarpet wrote:You're a total dodger. Trump didn't present his alternatives in the 2016 campaign because he didn't have one.

Lol. This argument is basically, “why isn’t Trump pursuing what liberals want?” coupled with nonsensical charges of racism. Returning to the 50’s? No one buys this lameass emotional rhetoric anymore. Crying wolf has reached its natural end.
Democrats may even win in 2020 with their propagandized base, but their doom is certain. Their cities, that house their base, are falling apart under their policies. Propaganda can only hide this failure so long. Their idealistic policies simply don’t work with real people.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]