CNN's Acosta kicked out of the Press Room - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hindsite wrote:CNN's senior White House correspondent would like you to believe he's bring you the facts - but that's far from the truth. He has his own agenda and could be considered the face of the anti-Trump movement. Does Jeff Zucker watch his news organization?

It's funny because both CNN and MSNBC outperform by a wide margin fox news in terms of accuracy, reliability and facts as measured by 3rd party sources. Keep being delusional in your own world and let's wait and see what happens.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Trump ordered to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's access

A judge in Washington DC has ordered the White House to return CNN reporter Jim Acosta's press pass after it was revoked by the US Secret Service.
    The judge's order says that the pass must be reinstated as a CNN lawsuit against Donald Trump continues.
    Mr Acosta's press pass was taken after he clashed with the president during a news conference earlier this month.
    The judge said the White House decision likely violated the journalist's right to due process and freedom of speech.
    Speaking outside the court, Mr Acosta praised the decision and told reporters "let's go back to work".
    White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said they would comply with the order, and would "also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future".
    "There must be decorum at the White House," she added.

Trump loses. Again.

It is funny how this Whitehouse and this "president" has such a great ability to self-inflict wounds. They tried to blow out of proportion this stupid silly incident which is not even an incident at all and they got slapped by a judge and Acosta is back. Now, this is going to be awkward. I would not put it past them to try to pursue further actions, or even escalate which would be an even more terrible idea. These people don't learn.

One Degree wrote:
Another crooked judge. He wasn’t arrested, so due process is not involved. There has never been unlimited freedom of speech by reporters at the White House. That’s ridiculous. These judges need charged with incompetence or even sedition.

Funny, because if there has been a crooked administration in History of the US, this one would take the cake, the oscar, the Nobel price and the medal of honor for crookedness.
Funny, because if there has been a crooked administration in History of the US, this one would take the cake, the oscar, the Nobel price and the medal of honor for crookedness.

I see you are still having trouble with American History.
One Degree wrote:I see you are still having trouble with American History.

It is funny because you don't even need to know american history to know this for a fact. You just have to look last 2 years. Hires guys that abuse government $$ and get fired (Prince), what about that guy Flynn that was security advisor and already pleaded guilty who is basically a traitor... or his own lawyer Cohen? or... the long list of people that already pleaded guilty or are facing serious charges from his campaign.
You are right, trump is not a crook, he is flat out a criminal. Lock him up.
XogGyux wrote:It is funny because you don't even need to know american history to know this for a fact. You just have to look last 2 years. Hires guys that abuse government $$ and get fired (Prince), what about that guy Flynn that was security advisor and already pleaded guilty who is basically a traitor... or his own lawyer Cohen? or... the long list of people that already pleaded guilty or are facing serious charges from his campaign.
You are right, trump is not a crook, he is flat out a criminal. Lock him up.

https://www.historyextra.com/period/mod ... s-history/
OneDegree said: another crooked judge.

and

I see you are still having trouble with American History.

Crooked judge you say? Perhaps because he was.....wait for it.......this is too good to miss..........Look below....

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy J. Kelly was appointed to the bench by President Donald Trump.
Drlee wrote:Crooked judge you say? Perhaps because he was.....wait for it.......this is too good to miss..........Look below....

U.S. District Court Judge Timothy J. Kelly was appointed to the bench by President Donald Trump.

Yes, it was in the cited article. I was well aware of it which is why I didn’t call him a ‘crooked liberal judge’ as you would have expected. :)
Drlee wrote:Fair enough.....

That caused me to consider whether he was stupid or crooked. I decided to go with crooked. Someone should check for recent increased finances. :)
One Degree wrote:That caused me to consider whether he was stupid or crooked. I decided to go with crooked. Someone should check for recent increased finances. :)

President Trump doesn't really know these Judges he appoints. They are all suggested to him by the Republican Conservative think groups. He is just trying to make his party happy by appointing Judges they claim to like.

The White House says it will “temporarily reinstate” the White House press credentials of CNN reporter Jim Acosta in response to a judge’s order.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders also called for “decorum” at the White House and said they would be developing “rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future.”

The judge granted CNN’s request for a temporary restraining order. A lawsuit that CNN brought against the Trump administration over the issue is continuing.

President Trump said if Acosta acts up again that he will be removed or that he will stop the press conference.
Trump is terrified right now. He is totally defensive. It is only going to get worse for him. Look at the incitements that will come down this week. Mueller has him on the ropes.

If he thinks Acosta is tough he is going to just love the house intelligence committee.

Record losses in the mid terms. The worse republican defeat since Watergate.
Hindsite wrote:President Trump doesn't really know these Judges he appoints.

Dude, really? You defending your guy by claiming he is incompetent? You know that is just as bad right? That is no excuse.
Besides, the guy calls names to everyone that disagrees with him, demicrap or stupidclan it does not matter.
He creates a cult of personality. Everyone that disagrees with him get some kind of derogatory nickname.
This is something that should not have been escalated. He could have simply said “I wont answer that question” or “no comments” or simply make shit up like he fking always does. He could have literally said that the caravan problem was fixed by giving them a piece of land and shipping them to the moon with money paid by the Mexican government and the stupidttans would have believed him and applauded. Alternative facts yo. Escalating this situation, was literally the worse fking action. Is like answering this multiple choice question with option (D), its the only bad answer!
When you see a nice woman what do you do?
(A) Say hello
(B) Introduce myself
(C) Panic uncontrollably and leave
(D) Grab her by the pussy.

Drlee wrote:Trump is terrified right now. He is totally defensive. It is only going to get worse for him. Look at the incitements that will come down this week. Mueller has him on the ropes.

If he thinks Acosta is tough he is going to just love the house intelligence committee.

Record losses in the mid terms. The worse republican defeat since Watergate.

I don’t know what to think anymore. At this point, Muller could come up with the most perfect case against him and he could still get away with it. I just want him to finish his last 2 years and be booted out. Then as a citizen face muller. I am sure stupid senate is gonna take his side even if they have videos of him committing crimes.
XogGyux wrote:I don’t know what to think anymore. At this point, Muller could come up with the most perfect case against him and he could still get away with it. I just want him to finish his last 2 years and be booted out. Then as a citizen face muller. I am sure stupid senate is gonna take his side even if they have videos of him committing crimes.

That is more or less exactly what happened in the case of Bill Clinton.
There was proof of his lying, he shot a load on Ms Lewinsky's dress and went on record to say he did not have sexual relations with her. Yet he was not impeached by the Senate. It needs 2/3rds of the vote. That is unlikely to happen indeed.
Drlee wrote:Look at the incitements{sic} that will come down this week.

We can't look at them until they "come down." So far, they have not.

Drlee wrote:Record losses in the mid terms. The worse republican defeat since Watergate.

I think losing both the house and the senate in 2006 was worse for them. The Republicans spent 40 years in the minority in the House. So frankly the size of their minority wasn't particularly relevant. Democrats drove the majority in the United States for 40 years. Gingrich ended that in 1994, and the Republicans have dominated the house for 20 of the last 24 years.

XogGyux wrote:He creates a cult of personality.

Trump isn't a cult of personality. He's an entertainer. Obama fits that bill a lot better. You could also say that about Kennedy and FDR. Maybe Reagan to a lesser degree, because he was also an entertainer and most of his shtick was comedy too.

XogGyux wrote:At this point, Muller could come up with the most perfect case against him and he could still get away with it.

Why do you find that surprising? There is no meaningful crime Trump has committed. It's all being done to undermine him politically with his base, and it is too obvious by half. Our politicians are pretty skilled at political judo, and Trump is naturally quite good at it.

Look at Obama for example. You could say he committed no crime too, because he was exercising his authority as president. That's true. Yet, he was authorizing military contractors to buy weapons from Al Qaeda affiliate, Ansar Al Sharia. Yet, he simultaneously authorized a drone strike on Ayid Ghali's cousin, Abu Yahya al-Libi, killing him; and, authorized a snatch-and-grab and waterboarding rendition of another cousin, Umar. That probably is what led Ansar al Sharia to attack the US Special Mission compound in Benghazi, where Ambassador Stevens and Sean Smith were killed. Is that incompetence? Is that criminal? This shit happens in plain site and the media doesn't cover it. Obama, Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice lied directly to the American public. It didn't matter. Obama was re-elected. He literally was giving money to Al Qaeda in hopes of running non-US weapons to the Free Syrian Army. What happened there? The largest humanitarian migration crisis since WWII. Hundreds of thousands of people died because of the shit Obama did. Literally millions of people were displaced. Other than a House oversight investigation into security for the compound and exposing some of the lies Clinton told, and her wanton destruction of government documents, neither the Democrats or the Republicans or the mainstream media tell the truth about what Obama and Clinton were doing. There was some "bi-partisanship" too, as John McCain was meeting with the likes of al Baghdadi. What fuck-all could Trump have done that is worse than any of the wake of death and destruction of Obama, Clinton or Bush? How are we supposed to witness a mass migration of people from Syria into Germany, and then get upset about some quip Trump made about Putin probably having Clinton's missing emails? You people have got to be out of your tree to think we're going to take that shit seriously. :eh: :?:
Ter wrote:That is more or less exactly what happened in the case of Bill Clinton.
There was proof of his lying, he shot a load on Ms Lewinsky's dress and went on record to say he did not have sexual relations with her. Yet he was not impeached by the Senate. It needs 2/3rds of the vote. That is unlikely to happen indeed.

That was also affected by the proximity to Election 2000. The campaigning had already begun for it. Bringing it forward would have cost alot of money.
I don’t know what to think anymore. At this point, Muller could come up with the most perfect case against him and he could still get away with it. I just want him to finish his last 2 years and be booted out. Then as a citizen face muller. I am sure stupid senate is gonna take his side even if they have videos of him committing crimes.

I completely agree. Impeachment would be little more than a political stunt. If he did actually commit crimes though, they should be shown to the American people.

I can see a scenario where just enough republicans in the senate decide that they would rather run for reelection with Pence at the top of the ticket rather than Trump. That is a possibility.
There is no doubt Trump is surrounded by Republicans waiting for a chance to crucify him and go back to their cozy swamp arrangement with Democrats.
XogGyux wrote:It's funny because both CNN and MSNBC outperform by a wide margin fox news in terms of accuracy, reliability and facts as measured by 3rd party sources. Keep being delusional in your own world and let's wait and see what happens.

Source or link ??
suntzu wrote:There is no constitution requirement to have press conferences.

Actually, the president has to meet with the press "from time to time," which is generally interpreted as once a year. I think that sort of cadence would improve the quality of coverage rather than the 24-hour news cycle, where the government and press are generating meaningless content.

How do you think society should be organized? Wou[…]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

There are intelligent and stupid ways to retain p[…]