CNN's Acosta kicked out of the Press Room - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Even if fake news representative Acosta gets his pass back, does anyone seriously believe he will be allowed to put multiple questions to the President ? There are many real journalists in the briefing room who will be able to ask questions (in a courteous manner).
The importance of Acosta getting his credentials back is that, yet again, we are shown that even the president is not above the law.
Drlee wrote:The importance of Acosta getting his credentials back is that, yet again, we are shown that even the president is not above the law.

This was an ad hoc ruling by a judge, pending the outcome of a court case.
I agree that Acosta should get access to the White House but I doubt he will be allowed to sit in the front and monopolise question time.
Drlee wrote:Crooked judge you say? Perhaps because he was.....wait for it.......this is too good to miss..........Look below....

. District Court Judge Timothy J. Kelly was appointed to the bench by President Donald Trump.

While everyone is celebrating and doing their end zone dances with this temporary ruling, Trump continues his wining at 4 dimensional chess.

This interview actually seems fine until the 4 min mark when CNN puts their classic flavor on it.

Drlee wrote:The importance of Acosta getting his credentials back is that, yet again, we are shown that even the president is not above the law.

No one has claimed that the President is above the law.
That is why President Trump obeys the law and refers to himself as the law and order president.
HalleluYah
Suntzu wrote:So access to the White House is a right? How do I exercise this right or is it restricted to certain protected classes? If Acosta is allowed to return, will Trump be forced to call on him, too? :lol:

You must become a Journalist, preferably for CNN. :lol:
The Sabbaticus wrote:The press got what it wanted. Where did the White House press briefings go to? :lol:

Sanders is retiring (announced months ago). The new rules have come into force. The WHCA has declared that it will not abide by the rules. Let's see when the situation changes.

The press seems to me to be trying to serve the Democrat party by use of propaganda.
The public is getting bombarded with fake political news, which does not serve the American people.
blackjack21 wrote:Trump isn't a cult of personality. He's an entertainer. Obama fits that bill a lot better. You could also say that about Kennedy and FDR. Maybe Reagan to a lesser degree, because he was also an entertainer and most of his shtick was comedy too.

ROFL. Big enough for you to admit this far. The problem is we do not hold elections for "Federal entertainer" but for president of the US. We do not need a clown in that seat, although to be fair we would be better served by an actual professional clown than by this moron. His supporters just want to see the world burn, they are poor, illiterals and have a very flimsy relationship with reality. They feel the whole world have been playing tricks on them to make them this poor, and this stupid and they just want to see the world burn and thus elect the best man that can make that happen. The thing they don't realize is... they will also burn with the rest of the world. This guy is not a Messiah that will cleanse the world from reasonable people, this guy is a moron that, if successful will cleanse the world, period.

Why do you find that surprising? There is no meaningful crime Trump has committed.

Are you f.king real? He brags about all the obstruction that he has done.... He is caught ON TAPE telling people to do campaign fraud and that is just a couple of what we have 100% FOR SURE evidence off. Those yummy tax returns will tell us a very criminal history, just wait until January with the new Congress. This is going to be fun.
Have you noticed how EXTRA bizzare and erratic this guy has been behaving since the last elections? Do you think this is a coincidence? The guy is fk.ing terrified of those taxes coming up to the light. The most benign thing that those taxes could show is that he is actually broke as hell (admittedly a very likely yet disappointed possibility if that is ALL that it shows). Although it is likely it will show his real business ties and perhaps shed some lights in why he is such licking russian and saudi arabia's assess.
Last edited by XogGyux on 25 Nov 2018 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
XogGyux wrote: We do not need a clown in that seat, although to be fair we would be better served by an actual professional clown than by this moron.

Trump is many things, but he is not a moron. You have to have something going for you to become president of the United States. That a president has objectives that you would eschew doesn't mean that person is stupid.

XogGyux wrote:His supporters just want to see the world burn, they are poor, illiteral{sic} and have a very flimsy relation{sic} with reality.

If you are going to condescend to Trump supporters on the basis of their intelligence, try getting your grammar in order first. I want to see the establishment overturned. I think they are arrogant, condescending, corrupt, and have an astonishingly bad track record over the last 20 years. They are simply unfit to rule.

XogGyux wrote:Are you f.king real? He brags about all the obstruction that he has done.... He is caught ON TAPE telling people to do campaign fraud and that is just a couple of what we have 100% FOR SURE evidence off.

That might be admissible in the court of MSNBC. In a court of law, Trump cracked a joke suggesting that maybe Vladimir Putin could find the emails that Hillary Clinton deleted (unlawfully by the way).

XogGyux wrote:Those yummy tax returns will tell us a very criminal history, just wait until January with the new Congress.

The IRS could have prosecuted Trump decades ago if that were the case. It's simply not the case. I'm sure baseless subpoenas for a president's tax returns will entertain the Democratic base, even though I'm inclined to think it will go nowhere in view of the Privacy Act. After all, Congress SHOULD have to follow the very laws it passes.
blackjack21 wrote:Trump is many things, but he is not a moron. You have to have something going for you to become president of the United States. That a president has objectives that you would eschew doesn't mean that person is stupid.

You are right, Trump is not a moron. Trump is THE MORON. The whole family is a moron next. While the two son's are fighting each other trying to prove how moronic they are by confessing over twitter how they colluded. In the meanwhile, the "smart" daughter Ivanka is silently emailing away on private servers after her stupid father made a whole campaign on that very issue. :lol: It is a fk.ing comedy if he didn't have the nukes on his thumb. But it's ok the walls are closing in, and the closer they get, the more erratic he gets and the more stupid decisions he makes. He is slowly getting rid of the few half-competent people that were keeping his office afloat. He will lose of course and then he will go to prison, or maybe he has some shit on Pence and he somehow manages to get a pardon but I doubt it. Anyway Mr. Orange Man is screwed. :lol:
XogGyux wrote:You are right, Trump is not a moron. Trump is THE MORON. The whole family is a moron next. While the two son's are fighting each other trying to prove how moronic they are by confessing over twitter how they colluded. In the meanwhile, the "smart" daughter Ivanka is silently emailing away on private servers after her stupid father made a whole campaign on that very issue. :lol: It is a fk.ing comedy if he didn't have the nukes on his thumb. But it's ok the walls are closing in, and the closer they get, the more erratic he gets and the more stupid decisions he makes. He is slowly getting rid of the few half-competent people that were keeping his office afloat. He will lose of course and then he will go to prison, or maybe he has some shit on Pence and he somehow manages to get a pardon but I doubt it. Anyway Mr. Orange Man is screwed. :lol:

Do you ever reread your own posts? Your unhinged bigotry should worry you. You hate Trump, his whole family, and everyone of his supporters. Why? Because you disagree with his politics?

big·ot·ry
/ˈbiɡətrē/Submit
noun
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
XogGyux wrote:In the meanwhile, the "smart" daughter Ivanka is silently emailing away on private servers after her stupid father made a whole campaign on that very issue.

There is no evidence that she destroyed official communications or leaked classified information. However, she should have her security clearance suspended as a potent reminder not to use private email for public purposes.

XogGyux wrote:It is a fk.ing comedy if he didn't have the nukes on his thumb. But it's ok the walls are closing in, and the closer they get, the more erratic he gets and the more stupid decisions he makes.

Let me get this straight: you think it's scary that he has nuclear weapons, but you want to pressure him into acting erratically?
One Degree wrote:Do you ever reread your own posts? Your unhinged bigotry should worry you. You hate Trump, his whole family, and everyone of his supporters. Why? Because you disagree with his politics?

Did I say I hated him?
Did I say I hated him because of his opinions?
I am pretty sure I didn't.
Saying someone is a moron is not the same as hating them. I personally have no strong feelings for him. I am simply objectively stating what it is true, he is a moron.
Furthermore, if I did hate someone, it would be because of their actions and behavior and not their opinion. There are plenty of sexists and racists people in this world, and I don't hate them. I would definitely actively avoid interacting with those people at all cost. Now if they act on their "opinions" such as killing people because of their race and/or discriminating in other way or form, then, I am justified in my hate.
For the record, Trump has already acted on "his opinion" and already fk.ed over countless of people. So those that hate them because of that, it would be justified.
Nice try with your strawman by the way.

blackjack21 wrote:There is no evidence that she destroyed official communications or leaked classified information. However, she should have her security clearance suspended as a potent reminder not to use private email for public purposes.

Sure. Wink Wink... Totally different situation. Ride a whole campaign on this very issue then let your daughter slide. Definition of swamp boss. Wink Wink, nothing to see here, everything under control.

Let me get this straight: you think it's scary that he has nuclear weapons, but you want to pressure him into acting erratically?

Sure, isn't that what you guys want? Let the world burn? Let's burn as much oil as we can and poison ourselves, let's buy as many machine guns as people can afford so they kill each other on churches and malls. Let's allow vicious dictators kill and intimidate journalists left and right. Let's build a massive nuclear arsenal and lets put a stupid, unstable monkey on the driving seat of our nuclear submarine. If I had to choose any of that death, a quick nuclear explosion seems quite attractive to me, not to mention, that if I don't die instantly at least I can die later with the satisfaction of being right and the "I told you so" will be all mine! :lol:

Joke aside, no. Offcourse it is fk.ing scary and that's why I did not want him there and I want him removed as quickly as possible. See it as the lesser of two evils. You already screwed up putting a manic monkey on the driving wheel, at this point the least we can do is take back control, even if in the struggling process the truck gets a couple fender benders.
XogGyux wrote:I am simply objectively stating what it is true, he is a moron.

That is not objectively true. He is a graduate of the Wharton school. The term "moron" was used by the Eugenics movement to denote someone of intellectual disability.

XogGyux wrote:For the record, Trump has already acted on "his opinion" and already fk.ed over countless of people.

Who has been unjustly treated in your opinion?

XogGyux wrote:Sure. Wink Wink... Totally different situation. Ride a whole campaign on this very issue then let your daughter slide. Definition of swamp boss. Wink Wink, nothing to see here, everything under control.

Ivanka Trump "advises" her father. It's a nominal role. She is not the Secretary of State. Hillary Clinton had a cabinet position and was using it to feather her own nest while commingling classified information and Clinton Foundation activity on the same server. Classified information was compromised in Hillary Clinton's case, so it was not just a violation of protocol, but a criminal matter. If Ivanka Trump has exposed classified information, she should be prosecuted--but not before Hillary Clinton is prosecuted for what she did.

XogGyux wrote:Sure, isn't that what you guys want?

I want establishment politicians thrown out of power.

XogGyux wrote:Let the world burn?

Let's not find ourselves involved in every war around the world.

XogGyux wrote:Let's allow vicious dictators kill and intimidate journalists left and right.

Such as? Are you speaking about the government of China, and how we should curtail our trading relationship with such a repressive government?

XogGyux wrote:Offcourse it is fk.ing scary and that's why I did not want him there and I want him removed as quickly as possible. See it as the lesser of two evils.

Trump is the lesser of two evils in a race with Hillary Clinton.

XogGyux wrote:You already screwed up putting a manic monkey on the driving wheel, at this point the least we can do is take back control, even if in the struggling process the truck gets a couple fender benders.

I didn't screw up. My actions are deliberate.
blackjack21 wrote:There is no evidence that she destroyed official communications or leaked classified information. However, she should have her security clearance suspended as a potent reminder not to use private email for public purposes.

As I understand it, Ivanka Trump only used her private e-mail for scheduling during transition. That was not an uncommon thing before Hillary Clinton abused the whole system for years during her time in office. I don't see any reason for Ivanka's security clearance to be suspended, since she does not use private email for official government purposes at this time and there was never any threat of leakage of classified government information from what has been reported.

They don't always, though. Ben and Angela Ihegbo[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucl[…]

As long as settler colonialism is a thing, October[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Speculation is boring and useless. Speculation is,[…]