Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence - Page 27 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Gender and sex are not synonymous.

Note:
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)

Sex
either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.

It really is just that easy, and people saying that the definitions of gender and sex are identical, are making up bullshit.
Only the left-wing lunatic fringe define gender as anything other than referring to the two sexes (male and female).

I didn't know that Ted Cruz, George Bush and Dick Chemey were left-wing lunatic fringe people. I thought they were Christian conservatives just like you.
Hindsite wrote:Perhaps I was generalizing too much, but I think you are smart enough to get my point.

No you weren’t. They are politicians who will say anything that gets them votes. I doubt any of them truly believe it.
Godstud wrote:Gender and sex are not synonymous.

Note:
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)

Sex
either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.

It really is just that easy, and people saying that the definitions of gender and sex are identical, are making up bullshit.

I agree with these definitions and that there are clear differences between the two, I don't wish to deny anyone the right to live how they choose. However, I do believe that you SEX is concrete and will be defined at birth and cannot be changed. I do not believe the state should be funding any operations for people to mutilate themselves so they can pretend they are biologically another sex to which they were born and they should not be recognised as the opposite sex to their birth by any authority. I feel for anyone who is grappling with mental health issues and think we should offer every support to help them cope and as said before, they can choose to live their lives however they wish when it comes to how they identify. There are objective truths in life and to try blur those lines is leading us to collective insanity.
Godstud wrote:The problem, is that even sex isn't black and white, as there are variations that occurr. Some people fall in that area where it's a bit... androgynous. Nature isn't that "simple".

There are a tiny, tiny percentage of cases where an individual can be born with two sets of genitals/no genitals etc. These are clearly medical anomalies and this isn't the issue we're really talking about. It's about people defining themselves as something , which is their right to do, but then expecting others to agree with that definition, denying the truth of the matter. It's complete madness and can only happen in a society which has become so obsessed with the individual that we are now deliberately casting aside objective truths.
We know very little about how the brain works, so we can't make generalizations. The psychology of it is still being researched. There are no objective truths about gender identity, as of yet, since it's very subjective.
Godstud wrote:We know very little about how the brain works, so we can't make generalizations. The psychology of it is still being researched. There are no objective truths about gender identity, as of yet, since it's very subjective.

It’s not subjective. Just look between your legs. What is there was dictated by who you are.
Godstud wrote:We know very little about how the brain works, so we can't make generalizations. The psychology of it is still being researched. There are no objective truths about gender identity, as of yet, since it's very subjective.

Agreed. I can only go with what we have to go on and I don't think society should just have to accept what someone 'feels' to be the truth. As I said, I have no desire to be cruel or make anybody miserable but there are other ways to deal with this than operations to gouge peoples bodies into something they think makes them more female or male, something they can never biologically be.
One Degree wrote:It’s not subjective. Just look between your legs. What is there was dictated by who you are.
It's not that simple, and even the scientists studying it, admit that. How does this affect you anyways? Why do you even care how someone else feels? If they are happier being something they are not, and not harming anyone, then that's fine. It's between them and their doctor.
Godstud wrote:It's not that simple, and even the scientists studying it, admit that. How does this affect you anyways? Why do you even care how someone else feels? If they are happier being something they are not, and not harming anyone, then that's fine.

Schizophrenics are happy being who they are, should we leave them alone? As I said, we are not all compatible. I do not wish to share my community with people who don’t know what sex they are. People that unstable are dangerous and are obviously creating sexual identification problems in our youth with their propaganda. Tolerating them is one thing, accepting them as a ‘choice for people’ is insanity.
Godstud wrote:Don't be absurd. You are not a psychiatrist, a doctor, nor are you a psychologist, You are hardly in a position to judge.

But you are? Don’t be silly. Judging is what people do. We want to live with people like ourselves. Who that is, is determined by each of us. You simply believe others have a right to dictate this to us based upon criteria they made up.
I don’t accept any such silliness. I find some people objectionable and don’t want to live with them. As long as they have someplace else to live, I am causing them no harm. None of us has the right to be accepted everywhere. That’s insane.
One Degree wrote:We want to live with people like ourselves. Who that is, is determined by each of us. You simply believe others have a right to dictate this to us based upon criteria they made up.
So if I wanted you to leave, you'd do that, simply because I don't like old intolerant men, or would that be considered wrong? No one's dictating anything to you. They have as much right to be accepted, as old white bigots have a right to be accepted.

How is their gender, or sex life, for that matter, any of your business? Does it harm you in any way?

One Degree wrote:As long as they have someplace else to live, I am causing them no harm.
How magnanimous of you? :roll: You do realize how selfish and self-centered that sounds, don't you?

One Degree wrote:None of us has the right to be accepted everywhere.
Sure we do. FFS, you live in a country where that's one of the founding principles in the Bill of Rights.

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

https://twitter.com/CIJ_ICJ/status/177337636136248[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]