Rightwing Hero James Fields To Be Sentenced Monday Thread - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

JohnRawls wrote:I have 2 degrees maz. Well almost, one is being finished right now. One of them is law.

Your explanations are bullshit for common law or continental european law systems. Like it or not, he did commit murder and any sane judge or jury will understand that there was intent to kill people or to do harm to them. The chances of him being found "Not Guilty" in any court is around "0,000001%".

Like what exactly is not clear?

1) What he at the crime seen? (Yes, he was. He was seen in the car by a lot of people and cameras)
2) Was it his car? (Yes, as i understand it is officially registered to him)
3) Did he have motive ? (Yes, he expressed it in phone calls/posts and he also attended a rally that was counter protested by the guys he attacked)
4) Did he have intent ? (Yes, again phone calls, posts etc. Not to mention the whole video of him ramming the crowd and not pressing breaks before hitting them is a big sign of intent in itself even without all of the previous things)
5) Is there causation ? (Did his actions lead to death? Well, obviously it did. This was the reason that some people claimed the heart attack bullshit but no jury or judge will buy this BS unless its a 3rd world corrupt monkey court)

Motive and intent didn't seem very clear to me and I am wondering how the jury was convinced that he planned to kill protestors because he posted a meme on the internet and accused people of being anti-white communists.

I was also referring to the idea that he was not even been given the opportunity to have a fair trial after having been called a murderer by the president of the United States before there was a trial or even a proper investigation.

Even though Barack Obama was criticized for getting involved in a local law enforcement matter, even he did not accuse George Zimmerman of murdering Trayvon Martin before there was a trial.

Rich wrote:I think the OJ Simpson case showed that given the right jury and the right judge, you can get pretty much any result you want, regardless of the evidence.

Indeed Rich.

Some people have been comparing the James Fields incident with the Lizzie Grubman incident.

It was a very big story in the US because it involved a privileged individual doing something totally outrageous and seeming to assume that her privilege would prevent her from receiving serious penalties.

The case of Lizzie Grubman and James Fields are similar because 1) both involved cars running over a crowd, 2) both involved a heated conflict, 3) both incidents had intense media focus 4) to a lesser extent of the Grubman incident, race/ethnicity were factors.

The media attention was very different however as the media characterized the Grubman incident as a road rage accident while Fields was automatically accused of murder.

The fact that she only received 38 days of jail time and Fields was convicted of murder is proof that the majority of American courts are 3rd world corrupt monkey courts.

Lizzie Grubman just happens to be Jewish.

Lizzie Grubman

Elizabeth Grubman (born January 30, 1971) is an American publicist, manager and socialite.[1] She is the daughter of entertainment lawyer Allen Grubman and his first wife, the late Yvette Grubman.[2] In 2002, Grubman served 38 days in jail for an incident where she backed a Mercedes SUV into a crowd, injuring 16 people.[3][4]

2001 incident with an SUV[edit]

On July 7, 2001, after being asked by security guards to remove her Mercedes from a fire lane, Grubman intentionally drove her father´s Mercedes Benz SUV[12] into a crowd of people outside of the Conscience Point Inn at 1976 North Sea Road in the Hamptons, injuring 16 people. Grubman was later charged in a 26-count indictment with felony crimes including second-degree assault, driving while intoxicated, and reckless endangerment.[13]

The subsequent trial garnered widespread media coverage,[13][14][15] not only because of the particular circumstances of the crash, but because of what Richard Johnson, editor of the New York Post's Page Six, referred to as "the overreaching drama of class warfare."[16] Grubman was alleged to have made an inflammatory statement before striking her victims with her vehicle: "F*** you, white trash."[17] Later, allegations arose that she received "special treatment"[18] at the hands of police, who did not perform a Breathalyzer test[18] despite allegations, and later, criminal charges, that she was intoxicated at the time of the incident.[13][19]

Grubman has said that the SUV incident was an accident.[20]

In the criminal trial, Grubman faced up to eight years in prison, but served only thirty-eight days in jail and received five years' probation after reaching a plea bargain for leaving the scene of a car accident.[21]

Publicist Lizzie Grubman makes tearful apology after court appearance

RIVERHEAD, New York (Court TV) -- An emotional Lizzie Grubman apologized Thursday for any pain and suffering she caused 16 people she struck when she backed into them with her father's Mercedes SUV outside a Hamptons Nightclub last July.

"I want to say something. I just want to say how sorry I am that innocent people got hurt that night," Grubman, the 31-year-old celebrity publicist and daughter of entertainment lawyer Allen Grubman, said through her tears.

Grubman, whose client list has included Britney Spears and rapper Jay-Z, made the unexpected statement as she emerged from the Suffolk County, New York, courtroom Thursday morning to find a crowd of reporters and television cameras.

Suffolk County Court Judge John Mullin had just informed Grubman that he will let her know on August 16 when she will stand trial for a 26-count indictment that includes charges of assault, vehicular assault and driving while intoxicated.

After she spoke, Grubman, wearing a powder blue pantsuit, continued sobbing and rested her head on the shoulder of her lawyer, Stephen Scaring, as she walked with him from the courthouse to a black Chevrolet Suburban waiting for her in the parking lot.

On the night of the incident, July 7, 2001, Grubman was driving a black $70,000 Mercedes SUV that belonged to her father. Witnesses told police that Grubman became upset at the Conscience Point Inn, a popular night spot in Southampton, when the club bouncer asked her to move her vehicle from a fire lane.

Grubman allegedly shouted "white trash" before putting the car in gear and hitting the accelerator. The SUV lurched backward and struck a crowd of people waiting to get inside the nightclub.

According to the indictment and numerous lawsuits filed after the crash, 16 people were treated for injuries, which included broken bones and scrapes.

Scaring told Courttv.com that he believes the case will go to trial and that his strategy will be to attack the driving while intoxicated charge, which he says is the key to whether Grubman was criminally reckless. Grubman and her lawyers maintain that the incident was an accident and that she inadvertently put the vehicle in reverse.

When Grubman entered the courthouse at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday, she was composed and wasn't talking. She replied "no comment" when someone in the crowd asked whether she was prepared to go to prison.

After her lawyer and the prosecutor finished a 15-minute conference in the judge's chambers, Grubman looked sullen and briefly addressed reporters. She said that she has always felt sorry for what happened and asked that her feelings be conveyed to the victims.

If convicted of the most serious felonies, prosecutors say Grubman could face more than eight years in a state prison.

LIZZIE BIDS TO MOVE CIVIL TRIAL

Spin maven Lizzie Grubman wants the remaining civil suits against her moved to Albany, saying she can’t get a fair trial because of massive – and negative – publicity about her case.

“In the face of ongoing world events – including terrorist acts where people have been killed – Lizzie Grubman has been front-page news,” fumed her lawyer, John McDonough.

But at least one plaintiff’s lawyer, Andrew Siben, said he would “vigorously oppose” the motion.”

Siben, who represents club bouncer Scott Conlon, said the p.r. princess helped create the publicity herself by speaking to the media.

The bottle blonde spent 38 days in jail for backing her Mercedes SUV into 16 people outside a Southampton nightclub in July 2001.

She has settled suits filed by eight of her victims, including a deal reached yesterday involving injured entertainment promoter Adam Wacht, for a total of more than $5 million.

Wacht, who’s leg was broken, had sued Grubman for $30 million. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed.

Grubman still faces suits from five others in the Big Apple, as well as the suit filed by Conlon in Suffolk County. Legal sources said New York City juries are much more likely to award large damage awards than those in more Suffolk and Albany.

Meanwhile, on her first day back in the office yesterday, Lizzie signed up seven new clients, sources said.

She also met with probation officials, was assigned a probation officer and had lunch at Balthazar with her lawyers and senior staff.

Additional reporting by Jennifer Gould
Last edited by maz on 11 Dec 2018 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Can any human institution truly stand in judgment of a murderous nazi? Or is no institution created by man capable of judging the faultless innocence of white supremacists?

What’s sad is you think this makes sense. The point is to judge individuals based upon their actions. You propose jusdging them based upon membership to a group. It appears you agree with the reasoning of Nazis and white supremacists.
One Degree wrote:You propose jusdging them based upon membership to a group.

Actually, I think SO proposes judging them based on actions like deliberately driving a car at high speed into an unarmed woman, killing her.

How would you be reacting to this if it was an Antifa member who had driven their car into a crowd of Unite the Right protesters? To ask the question is to answer it. :lol:
I formally withdraw my earlier statement as not even God is capable of casting judgment on the perfect and faultless innocence of nazis. Our system is truly broken. The fact that this sham trial ended with a guilty conviction rather than a formal apology from the Charlottesville government for creating the conditions which forced a nazi into violence is all the proof I need that things just aren't right.
Actually, I think SO proposes judging them based on actions like deliberately driving a car at high speed into an unarmed woman, killing her.

Obviously false as the group affiliation was mentioned, not the individual.

How would you be reacting to this if it was an Antifa member who had driven their car into a crowd of Unite the Right protesters? To ask the question is to answer it.

The same. Saying I belong to Antifa or the Nazi party is not proof of wrong doing. As soon as you concentrate on the group in your argument, you have abandoned any claim to righteousness. It doesn’t matter which group you discriminate against. The ‘politically correct’ in the US operate on a double standard that turns their good intentions evil. You either treat all individuals as equal or you don’t. You don’t get to make exceptions based upon your self proclaimed superiority.
I think they concentrated on the fact that he drove a car through a group of people with cameras in broad daylight on a day when there were lots of people on the streets. Hope that helps, One Degree.

Don't worry, I'm sure if you concentrate really hard then someday you'll finally be able to draw a line between "James Fields Driving a car through a crowd of people" and "guilty of murder." I believe in you.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I think they concentrated on the fact that he drove a car through a group of people with cameras in broad daylight on a day when there were lots of people on the streets. Hope that helps, One Degree.

Don't worry, I'm sure if you concentrate really hard then someday you'll finally be able to draw a line between "James Fields Driving a car through a crowd of people" and "guilty of murder." I believe in you.

There is nothing here to justify 1st degree murder. How many people have been charged with first degree murder when hitting someone with their car in the middle of hostilities. You seem to forget this crowd of people were in the middle of the street he needed to drive on. Apparently the police had not blocked it off to traffic so they had no business in the street.
The only thing that matters is showing he planned to do this beyond a reasonable doubt. I have not seen any evidence that even comes close to doing that for a reasonable person. However, I still admit the possibility evidence was presented I am not aware of. Someone tell me what it was and maybe I will change my mind. Until then, the punishment seems ‘cruel and unusual’ based upon the circumstances.
SpecialOlympian wrote:"I need to drive down this road, guess you all have to die now."

-1° on his way to the store.

Yep, if there were a group of people blocking my way who were threatening, I would drive through them. Only a fool would stop. We have seen what that gets you from scenes of riots where they are dragged out of their cars and beaten to death.
One Degree wrote:The only thing that matters is showing he planned to do this beyond a reasonable doubt.

In law, "premeditation" does not mean weeks of planning. Upon seeing the crowd, he backed up for more than a block before accelerating towards it. That alone would serve as evidence of premeditation, since there is obvious intent to do harm.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The video evidence of his car in the moments before he drove into others shows no attack or threat towards the killer.

Again, he was not threatened at all before he decided to drive into people.

The people he drove into were not threatening him in any way.

That’s silly. He was in the middle of a large group that was on the opposite side as him. That would be threatening to anyone. You would not make that same argument for a black man in the middle of a peaceful KKK March.
I am not even saying he didn’t do it deliberately. I am saying there is plenty of room for reasonable doubt based upon what I know.
Heisenberg wrote:In law, "premeditation" does not mean weeks of planning. Upon seeing the crowd, he backed up for more than a block before accelerating towards it. That alone would serve as evidence of premeditation, since there is obvious intent to do harm.

No it isn’t. It may have been accepted so by this jury, but no lawyer would honestly claim that is all that is needed.
One Degree wrote:That’s silly. He was in the middle of a large group that was on the opposite side as him. That would be threatening to anyone. You would not make that same argument for a black man in the middle of a peaceful KKK March.
I am not even saying he didn’t do it deliberately. I am saying there is plenty of room for reasonable doubt based upon what I know.

No, this claim of yours (that his car was threatened in any way) has been contradicted by evidence that has already been presented in this thread.

You are simply incorrect.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, this claim of yours (that his car was threatened in any way) has been contradicted by evidence that has already been presented in this thread.

You are simply incorrect.

Pretending my argument does not exist does not refute it. Please address the comparison I made as to why a reasonable person would feel threatened. Would it be normal not to be threatened surrounded by adversaries?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, his car was not threatened in any way.

There is video evidence showing this.

The same video evidence shows that he intentionally reversed so that he would have more time to accelerate before he rammed into the others.

Evasion is not a counter argument to my point.
Who thinks you have to back up a car to accelerate to 28 mph to get through human bodies? Why wasn’t he already up to speed if that was his intent? It actually demonstrates lack of intent if he had to back up first. I would just step on the gas as I don’t believe a car needs a running start against a human body.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim that the IDF deliberately targeted human[…]

She's back. :D https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/s[…]

Mexicans are speculating that he might use them i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I see USA has some kind of problem with the size o[…]