Obese America - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By SSDR
@Suntzu, Yeah, wealthy right wingers (no offense to the right wingers on here) want some poor people to get fat so they struggle and take medicine, so that medicine companies can get rich. Weight losing companies can also feed off of obese people. And fast food companies like McShit can make A LOT of money off of fat people.
By Godstud
SSDR wrote: One reason is that it wastes food.
This is the one thing I disagree with. I am on a healthy diet, and eat MORE food, but of a different kind, than when I was obese. A fit healthy person eats more food, of higher quality.

Mind you, I have plenty of time to prepare and cook healthy food, and so the price is around the same.

SSDR wrote:I think when people talk about "accepting" obesity, what I think that they really mean is that obese people should not be made fun of, mocked, harassed for being obese, or rejected by other people.
Yes, but this is becoming more than that, and actually trying to change the perception of people, that fat is unattractive and unhealthy. It's simply gone too far.
By SSDR
@Godstud, Well, fat people do eat more. It's pretty simple. I barely eat any nutrients and I am almost underweight. I eat a lot of chocolate and cookies and the only reason why I am not underweight is because I have heavy bones.

People who are really obese usually had bad or abusive childhoods, so they eat a lot and a lot to cope with the childhood traumas (one reason why child abuse is bad!). Like that fat YouTuber Boogie2988, he had a bad childhood and his family that he was economically forced to stay with abused him. So whenever the times were good, they would go out to eat and have a good time, and Boogie2988 would start to eat a lot to remind him of the good parts of his childhood, or because he was allowed to eat in a partially conscious manner of rebelling against the abuse. He even made a video on extreme obesity, he said that if one is like over 100 pounds over the healthy BMI, then there is something wrong with their mentality (most likely caused by abusive childhood).

And to make the majority of the people think that being fat is "attractive" and "healthy" is messed up.
By Godstud
Healthy and fit people eat more, as well. most people are not underweight... if they are fit.

We also have a lot of different body types. I'd be fat as a pig if I ate chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. I have a friend like you, who can consume a LOT of calories but still not put on weight, and it has more to do with your metabolism than with "heavy bones". That's why we just can't make blanket statements about food consumption.

SSDR wrote:People who are really obese usually had bad or abusive childhoods, so they eat a lot and a lot to cope with the childhood traumas (one reason why child abuse is bad!).
Can you please provide a source for this claim. I've know people with great childhoods who became obese. I do not buy this argument.

SSDR wrote:And to make the majority of the people think that being fat is "attractive" and "healthy" is messed up.
That I do agree with, although attractiveness is indeed subjective.
By Suntzu
Stupid folks make stupid decisions. This includes not controlling what one eats. The poor are poor mostly because they make stupid decisions.
By Godstud
There are rich, fat, smart people, as well @Suntzu. Troll elsewhere.
By One Degree
Very, very few people want to be fat. They have their reasons for gaining weight which need to be addressed. There are lots of reasons for being overweight. Some are a lot more difficult to overcome than others.
So I agree we should not make it acceptable but we should also not ridicule them.

My personal solution was simply not to sit down during the day. I could always eat huge amounts of food. That worked great until I developed problems making standing for too long impossible. :) I gained 40 lbs. Lost it by dieting the first time in my life. Now I have put most of it back on because dieting is really boring. :)
By Suntzu
Godstud wrote:There are rich, fat, smart people, as well @Suntzu. Troll elsewhere.

True! Most rich folks have dieticians and personal trainers. Can you think of a fat billionaire? 'Bout the best I can do is Donald Trump. :)
By Godstud
Time, money, etc. All things that people who are rich have, in abundance. Still, even if you can't think of one, there are fat billionaires. Bad diet is not uncommon to even the rich.
By Suntzu
Godstud wrote:Time, money, etc. All things that people who are rich have, in abundance. Still, even if you can't think of one, there are fat billionaires. Bad diet is not uncommon to even the rich.

True! And women with three tits! :p
By Godstud
Only on Mars.
By MistyTiger
3 tits? Crazy, unbelievable!

I feel hungrier since I lost weight and gained more muscle this year. I have to run most days to tone my legs besides the squats and swimming I have been doing for years.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Only on Mars.

I wonder if that is one reason some men what to travel to Mars.
HalleluYah
By One Degree
I actually knew a girl with 3 tits. She was a wonderful person.
If a woman had three tits, that were equally plump and well-formed, would they still be attractive? Like those alien-chicks in Futurama were kinda hot.....
By Ter
The first girl I lay with, in my university days, had a nipple right in between her breasts.
It was kinda not very nice but I was not choosy in those days.
I saw a picture of her in google images recently and I hardly recognised her, fat and ugly now.
C'est la vie.
Ter wrote:The first girl I lay with, in my university days, had a nipple right in between her breasts.
It was kinda not very nice but I was not choosy in those days.
I saw a picture of her in google images recently and I hardly recognised her, fat and ugly now.
C'est la vie.

Let me ask you:

If a woman had three tits, that were equally plump and well-formed, would they still be attractive?
By Ter
Victoribus Spolia wrote:If a woman had three tits, that were equally plump and well-formed, would they still be attractive?

No, they wouldn't.
We are programmed to prefer and like bilateral symmetry.

Also, contrary to many other men, I am not very interested in breasts.
By MistyTiger
Ter wrote:No, they wouldn't.
We are programmed to prefer and like bilateral symmetry.

Also, contrary to many other men, I am not very interested in breasts.

Agreed on the symmetry part.

Define not very interested.

I realized that my breasts have started to sag a little, about a cm. I really need to get them smaller and lighter, less drag.

As is usually the case, you are wrong. Back in t[…]

I am not lying You purposefully ignore this, b[…]

@Rugoz Why does wanting America taken down a p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

litwin doesn't know this. What litwin knows is: […]