The Trump Shut Down - Page 31 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By One Degree
Drlee wrote:You made this up from whole cloth. I didn't. It is your straw man. Try again sport. :roll:

Shooting fish in a barrel.

Is this another example of your ‘factual’ rebuttals. Looks like more insults to deflect from your inability to support your position.
By Sivad
One Degree wrote:Their repeated posts of their superiority and the inferiority of any who disagree with them is the same fascist thinking as the ‘black shirts’. Simply a reference to using superiority as a justification for their abuse of others.

gotcha. I thought you were saying basement dwelling losers like black shirts and I couldn't figure out why that would be. The funny thing about the old black shirt fascist's overly dramatic, straight out of central casting, on the nose, cliched evil is that it trained everyone that that is was authoritarianism looks like. So when people see an older woman in a pastel pants suit sharing the stage with Jay Z or geeky computer nerd in a sweater and glasses sitting down with Charlie Rose they think 'that couldn't be a fascist, that's not what fascists looks like'.

Most people don't realize that the fascists won the war and they now run the fucking world.
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Do you have inferiority complex, @One Degree? It is often subconscious.

No, I err more on the other side. However, I think most humans suffer from a combination of inferiority and superiority.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:No, I err more on the other side. However, I think most humans suffer from a combination of inferiority and superiority.

You just complain too much about people feeling superior (to you). It seems a vital experience for you.
By One Degree
Beren wrote:You just complain too much about people feeling superior (to you). It seems a vital experience for you.

Nice troll. Your post is a set up to force me to deny, thus exposing me to accusations of lying about my own tested abilities. Lol
I have seen little in reality to justify claiming superiority over others, but repeated test scores telling you very few are as bright as you are, are too enticing to be ignored 100%. I, like others on here, prefer to leave it to speculation. Think what you want.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:Think what you want.

Sure, people just think what they want regardless of what you show. They just shouldn't be judgemental so much because the only possible objective reality is that we're all the same anyway. :lol:
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Sure, people just think what they want regardless of what you show. They just shouldn't be judgemental so much because the only possible objective reality is that we're all the same anyway. :lol:

Don’t really get your point.
I don’t believe in objective reality. I don’t even know what it is suppose to mean.
What I show is interpreted differently by different people. That has nothing to do with me.
It also assumes I am one thing, when I am a combination of things.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:I don’t believe in objective reality. I don’t even know what it is suppose to mean.

Like it's a matter of belief. So what do you believe in? The lack of objective reality? :lol:

It's even better because you don't have to face or cope with anything (including yourself) then. However, if there's no objective reality, what makes everyone frustrated? Their own reality? :lol:
By One Degree
Like it's a matter of belief.

Pretty much. The things we use to try to prove objective reality aren’t really that important to our quality of life, so it is difficult to see the point of arguing it. The best that can happen is we individually, therefore subjectively, accept it for it to serve any purpose.
So what do you believe in? The lack of objective reality? :lol:

I believe in living our short time as contentedly as possible and providing a future for others to do the same.
It's even better because you don't have to face or cope with anything (including yourself) then. However, if there's no objective reality what makes everyone frustrated? Their own reality? :lol:

Lots of things cause our frustrations. Most of which are only created by our own thinking and expectations. You can’t be frustrated if you choose to accept whatever happens. So basically we are frustrated by desiring control or believing we should have what we don’t have. An objective reality would have no reason to frustrate us anyway.
Being alive is a pretty good reason to not be unduly frustrated.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:Pretty much.

Maybe that's what Hitler also had believed until he met objective reality in its final true form. Until then he may have believed it's just a matter of will and endurance. :lol:
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Maybe that's what Hitler also had believed until he met objective reality in its final true form. Until then he may have believed it's just a matter of will and endurance. :lol:

He didn’t meet objective reality. He met an opposing force. If he had won, you would have different beliefs. Your ‘objective reality’ is mainly the result of arbitrary historic events.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:He didn’t meet objective reality. He met an opposing force.

Sure, the Red Army at his doorstep was his final objective reality he couldn't escape. :lol:
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Sure, the Red Army at his doorstep was his final objective subjective reality. :lol:

FIFY. Consider the Germans change in thinking (reality) after WWII? Their objective reality was altered by a historic event. It wasn’t philosophy or better understanding of objective reality through interaction and knowledge. They were told to believe differently, so they did. That is pretty much what all of us do.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:FIFY. Consider the Germans change in thinking (reality) after WWII? Their objective reality was altered by a historic event. It wasn’t philosophy or better understanding of objective reality through interaction and knowledge. They were told to believe differently, so they did. That is pretty much what all of us do.

Or they just accepted objective reality and accustomed to it. That is pretty much what all of us do, which is frustrating.
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Or they just accepted objective reality and accustomed to it. That is pretty much what all of us do, which is frustrating.

I get your gist, but I think the frustration comes from trying to adjust to others reality rather than an objective reality. If it was objectively true, then it shouldn’t cause frustration imo. It should just be accepted.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:If it was objectively true, then it shouldn’t cause frustration imo.

Maybe it shouldn't, but it usually does. Truth/objective reality can be really uncomfortable sometimes. Or many times.
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Maybe it shouldn't, but it usually does. Truth/objective reality can be really uncomfortable sometimes. Or many times.

Or, maybe you are confusing objective reality with subjective reality?
The earth being round probably doesn’t frustrate you. It is objectively true (perhaps :) ), so you accept it.
If you get fired for drinking that is subjective reality, because not everyone would fire you for it.
It would be interesting to think of frustrations and see how often my idea holds true.
By B0ycey
Subjective reality? :lol:

If you get fired for drinking that is objective. Whether you should get fired is subjective. Opinions do not change facts. That is why Trump is fake news. His lies don't become truths because you believe it One Degree.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]