"Jews are smartest race in the world and superior humans", Israeli Lawmaker claims - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
XogGyux wrote:And I also know a great many people that are awful and are christians too.
Bad people exist regardless of if they are religious or not.

Many of the rules in most religions are based on what makes society better, and people within in it, better members.

XogGyux wrote:Why?
Because you're comparing a fear(an unreasoning one beyond their control) with a CHOICE. It not a fair comparison by any yard-stick. Again, a phobia is not a BELIEF.

XogGyux wrote:Religion does not try to explain anything.
That's your opinion, but I don't agree with you. I think that's too simplistic, and doesn't make sense when you actually look at the religions.

Fanatics of all types, even atheist ones, end up being pretty ignorant, because they're not actually trying to understand each other. Be sure you don't fall into this category simply because you dislike religion so much.

Dismissing science, or religion because of science, is like a biologist dismissing philosophy, and the philosopher dismissing biology. They aren't even the same field of interest, and they don't over-lap. There is no competition.
Godstud wrote:Bad people exist regardless of if they are religious or not.

Many of the rules in most religions are based on what makes society better, and people within in it, better members.

No, they have not. It has been the secularization and detachment of western societies from official religion that has lead to the freedoms and social betterment that we have today. And for a great part, it is religious fanatics that stand as a major obstacle for further betterment of society.
I don't give a rat's ass if person x believes in a god when person x starts trying to impose their views into everyone else's lives that's the real problem.
And their views are often not even based on religion, many times is simple ignorance, bigotry, and hate but they use religion as an excuse and as a recruitment method... and it works.

Because you're comparing a fear(an unreasoning one beyond their control) with a CHOICE. It not a fair comparison by any yard-stick. Again, a phobia is not a BELIEF.

Phobia: an extreme or irrational fear
Fear: an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
Phobia is an irrational emotion caused by the belief that something is dangerous.
Furthermore, the link I was trying to make does not even rely on belief but rather on irrationality. Faith and phobia are not similar in this sense because they are both beliefs but because they are both irrational which is the whole point I was making.
Both faith and phobias can be learned. Faith through indoctrination and phobia through conditioning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Albert_experiment). The christian does not have a "choice" to not believe any more than you or I have the choice to "believe" that we can fly off the empire state building by just thinking about it. They can de-convert, of course. Perhaps with a combination of reasonable arguments, evidence or perhaps by replacing it by some other irrational belief (e.g. conversion to other religion) but technically they don't have a choice. We don't "choose" what we believe, we can be convinced by various methods such as reason, coercion, indoctrination, conditioning, etc but it is really not a choice.

Fanatics of all types, even atheist ones, end up being pretty ignorant, because they're not actually trying to understand each other.

Agree.

Be sure you don't fall into this category simply because you dislike religion so much.

I dislike religion just the right amount. :lol: . This is one of the greatest achievements of religion that helps perpetuate its dominion. They have convinced many people that they deserve a special place of reverence and that their views/beliefs are worthy of defense even by those that do not submit to the religious beliefs. Those that call the bullshit are "intolerants" something along those lines.
Tell me... why aren't you religious? Don't you think religion would make you a better person?

Dismissing science, or religion because of science, is like a biologist dismissing philosophy, and the philosopher dismissing biology. They aren't even the same field of interest, and they don't over-lap. There is no competition.

I agree. One deals with reality, the other does not, but tries to make claims about reality and encourage people to act upon those claims...
Godstud wrote:If all it takes to be a Christian is to say you're a Christian, then I am one, too. :lol: You saying you're a Christian and then saying un-Christian things, sort of flies in the face of that.

I was responding to your claim that I am not a Christian by my own words. I have never said I am not a Christian on here. Being a Christian is not about keeping rules and regulations, performing rituals, judging others, always saying Christian things, or just claiming to be Christian.

Being Christian is more spiritual than it is physical. Being Christian is repenting of ones sins and believing that Jesus is the Son of God (God in the flesh as the lamb of God) and creator of all things in the universe that gave Himself to die in our place to save us from the second death that we deserve because of our sins.
HalleluYah
@Hindsite Right... because helping the poor is all in your head. Being nice to people is not about doing good deeds or actually treating them well.

All spiritual? You really need to re-read that Bible. You missed some important things!
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite Right... because helping the poor is all in your head. Being nice to people is not about doing good deeds or actually treating them well.

All spiritual? You really need to re-read that Bible. You missed some important things!

I did not miss this:

Jesus said, "For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you wish you can do good to them; but you do not always have Me."
(Mark 14:7 NASB)

HalleluYah
Deuteronomy 5.11
11 There will always be some Israelites who are poor and in need, and so I command you to be generous to them.

Your literal interpretations of the Bible are idiotic, and thoughtless.

Incidentally... Mark 14.6-9
6 But Jesus said, “Leave her alone! Why are you bothering her? She has done a fine and beautiful thing for me. 7 You will always have poor people with you, and any time you want to, you can help them. But you will not always have me. 8 She did what she could; she poured perfume on my body to prepare it ahead of time for burial. 9 Now, I assure you that wherever the gospel is preached all over the world, what she has done will be told in memory of her.”

You take it out of context. :knife:

FFS, you have an atheist schooling you about the Bible. Go back to Sunday school!!
Godstud wrote:Deuteronomy 5.11
11 There will always be some Israelites who are poor and in need, and so I command you to be generous to them.

Your literal interpretations of the Bible are idiotic, and thoughtless.

Incidentally... Mark 14.6-9
6 But Jesus said, “Leave her alone! Why are you bothering her? She has done a fine and beautiful thing for me. 7 You will always have poor people with you, and any time you want to, you can help them. But you will not always have me. 8 She did what she could; she poured perfume on my body to prepare it ahead of time for burial. 9 Now, I assure you that wherever the gospel is preached all over the world, what she has done will be told in memory of her.”

You take it out of context. :knife:

FFS, you have an atheist schooling you about the Bible. Go back to Sunday school!!

I did not say you should not be generous to the poor and needy if that is your priority. But remember you are citing from the old covenant.
Godstud wrote:FFS, you have an atheist schooling you about the Bible. Go back to Sunday school!!

No. He just believes the Salvation by Faith Alone doctrine common amoungst Christian Zionist Protestants.

His Christian theology is that denominational theology.

I may not agree, but he has a right to believe it if he wishes.
Most religions are absolutely fine with science, since science and religion(philosophy) are two entirely different things. Science tries to explain the world around us(how things work), while religion tries to explain our place in that world(who made us?https://www.politicsforum.org/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=32&t=173847 Why are we here? What's the meaning of life?). That's why most reasonable people reconcile their faith with science, without any problems.

Am I wrong, @Drlee? That's sort of my take on it.

You are absolutely correct. Judging by X's irrational fear of religious people I could assume that he is suffering just like his mythical relative.

I am just so tired of people who do not understand religion at all criticizing at every opportunity that it is hard to even respond. And I am not going to respond to childish "Inherit the Wind" arguments like X is giving us.

I understand your position Godstud and honor it. I have many friends, particularly in the groves of Academe, who share your views. Unlike the usual teenage iconoclast feeling the first frisson of rebellion, they are thoughtful and kind people. People who do not see personal advantage in destroying the lives of others. (Here comes some bullshit about the Inquisition or some other nonsense.)

You have to admit though that it is sad that every thread that even mentions something religious or even a tenuous religious association like this one, eventually devolves into yet another discussion of Jonah or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

So I am out of this thread. Let X have the last word. He has plenty of childish angst to work through before he matures.
Hindsite wrote:One can not be a true Christian and not believe in Jesus.
Praise the Lord.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders. She was a Christian, now she is a Jew. Jews do not believe Jesus was anything more than just a man, and a very "flawed" man at that....

Any last name that ends in EE is likely JEWISH.

The Huckabee family is likely ALL JDAAC frauds....

JDAAC = Jew disguised as a Christian

examples of JDAACs....

Ted Cruz
Lindsay Graham
Peter King
Rupert Murdoch
Pastor HagEE
Marco Rubio
Bob Corker
Billy Graham
Joel OstEEn

The rather hollow and shallow "minds" of US "Christians" are 100% owned by Jews the "Christians" mistakenly ID as "Christian..."
Drlee wrote:You are absolutely correct. Judging by X's irrational fear of religious people I could assume that he is suffering just like his mythical relative.

I am just so tired of people who do not understand religion at all criticizing at every opportunity that it is hard to even respond. And I am not going to respond to childish "Inherit the Wind" arguments like X is giving us.

I understand your position Godstud and honor it. I have many friends, particularly in the groves of Academe, who share your views. Unlike the usual teenage iconoclast feeling the first frisson of rebellion, they are thoughtful and kind people. People who do not see personal advantage in destroying the lives of others. (Here comes some bullshit about the Inquisition or some other nonsense.)

You have to admit though that it is sad that every thread that even mentions something religious or even a tenuous religious association like this one, eventually devolves into yet another discussion of Jonah or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

So I am out of this thread. Let X have the last word. He has plenty of childish angst to work through before he matures.

The irony is that I have not insulted you personally, certainly not in this thread and probably ever as it is not my MO. I certainly think you think I have because you see an attack on religion as a personal attack on your person but that is simply not the case. I don't get fired out if I happen to read someone complaining of Hispanics, males, atheists, pen collectors (I collect pens =D) or doctors as if it was a personal attack on me. I might enter the discussion if I think the criticism is unwarranted but I definitely won't go around claiming that person X made an attack aimed at me personally.

This "let him have the last word" is a very childish attitude. That is the sort of thing I would expect from an 8-year-old or 9-year-old in a playground "he is mean, don't talk to him" attitude. Fine, if you don't want to have a discussion I certainly will not force you to do anything against your will. I just want to point out how silly this is. It is never I who bring "religion" into the discussion. It is usually one of you guys, sometimes is a troll like Hindsite but you certainly seem to get butthurt every time his trolling gets a sharp reply from one of those "atheists" guys. If you do not wish to have religious discussions don't put more fuel into the fire. I will certainly not waste my time further than a smack reply to one of those trolls because they are not worth my time so if you don't put fuel into the fire, the flames will go away on their own.

At the end of the day... one of two things is true... either you know something that makes your belief reasonable and you think I am too stupid for you to share your knowledge or you think I am not good enough for such knowledge. Either way... from your point of view that would be an insult on me :lol: yet you don't see me crying around and complaining. Alternatively, you don't possess any such evidence in which case stop complaining, you believe in something that it is not warranted, don't complain when others point it to you.

We are all subject to criticism (both good and bad), praise and/or ridicule of our ideas/beliefs. Your beliefs are not special and do not require some kind of special treatment. You will certainly never get it from me as far as religion is concerned.
Godstud wrote:Jews see Jesus as a prophet.

???

You're crossing the wires mate....

That's Islam you are thinking of. They can Jesus "The Great Prophet Isa"

Jews in large part(in particular Hasidics and other Orthodox groups), generally don't even know Jesus was a Jew. And if they do they hate his guts.

The Talmud sections on Jesus are absolutely shocking.

Who cares what they think? That's their belief, and given it's religion, they might not be wrong. <shrug>

Except it's not their belief. You mixed it up with
the Islamic belief.

Lots of Jews hate Christians andJesus:

Not saying Benzi Gopstein is a good representative example of Jews generally(Lehava is basically Hitler Youth, the Jewish Edition).... But his vitriol is typical of Ultra-Orthodox and Highly-Orthodox Jews.
LaDexter wrote:Sarah Huckabee Sanders. She was a Christian, now she is a Jew. Jews do not believe Jesus was anything more than just a man, and a very "flawed" man at that....

Some Jews do believe that Jesus is their promised messiah and not all Christians that marry Jews become Jesus haters. You may be confusing the President's press secretary with his daughter, who did marry a Jew.
HalleluYah
@Taurean Reign, Why do you believe so? I am obviously against it. But we all have our own opinions.

Islam supports the family institution. Islam claims that shame is the most important emotion, yet shame was used to keep the masses under slavery. Islam is strict. Islam is very hard to get out of. Islam also has beliefs that make no sense (The Earth was created BEFORE the sun? The moon was split in half?? WTF???).

If I offended you I don't mean to hurt you, I am not going against you personally. I just like to have discussions.

Should schools have books on phrenology, astrolog[…]

@FiveofSwords Edwards' critique does not co[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

70% of Americans view Ukraine as an ally or frien[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 19, Friday Allied troops land on Norway co[…]