Should We Put All the Totalitarians in Gulags? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14991620
ness31 wrote:the wife of the Chinese prez? :lol: the most amazing power couple right now. you’re brave to bring them up ;) edit - must be a President thing :D


It is interesting that in practice matriarchies basically never happen for humans but are ubiquitous for hive insects like ants. Yet there are some apparent humans who seem to have an instinctive expectation that matriarchies are how things ought to be and hold that the absence of them in human civilisation is some kind of terrible fault. Why should this be? The ant soul hypothesis happens to explain it.
#14991622
matriarchies have always been around in human history...haven’t they?? Fierce stuff, no doubt, but not unusual. I wrote a heap of other stuff which I then summarily deleted , because it doesn’t mean anything anymore. It’s all Petshop Boys now.
#14991926
SolarCross wrote:... The ant soul hypothesis happens to explain it.


I use the word “hypothesis” to mean “a verifiable claim that has yet to be supported or falsified by evidence”.

This would be more like an unverifiable religious claim.
#14992303
Yes it is. It is some random weirdo question that has nothing to do with real life and depends solely on some weird religious idea that no one can verify.

The only real difference is that you are using this fantasy as an excuse to impose totalitarian penal systems.
#14992305
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes it is. It is some random weirdo question that has nothing to do with real life and depends solely on some weird religious idea that no one can verify.

The only real difference is that you are using this fantasy as an excuse to impose totalitarian penal systems.

The proposition of the OP is entirely separate and independent of the theory for one possible origin of totalitarian behaviors which I flung out in the course of the following discussion . Don't mix that up.

Reincarnation or soul recycling is potentially verifiable; if it happens then it should be verifiable, if it does not then it should be falsifiable.

Whether or not peaceful coexistence is possible with totalitarians is an entirely separate matter from what causes totalitarianism in the first place.
#14992306
SolarCross wrote:The proposition of the OP is entirely separate and independent of the theory for one possible origin of totalitarian behaviors which I flung out in the course of the following discussion . Don't mix that up.


Your ant soul crap is unverifiable hogwash.

Reincarnation or soul recycling is potentially verifiable; if it happens then it should be verifiable, if it does not then it should be falsifiable.


No, reincarnation is not verifiable, and I think you do not understand what falsifiable means.

Whether or not peaceful coexistence is possible with totalitarians is an entirely separate matter from what causes totalitarianism in the first place.


This does not explain why you want to put people in gulags so badly.
#14992307
Pants-of-dog wrote:Your ant soul crap is unverifiable hogwash.

Your opinion on the matter is unverified. :)

Pants-of-dog wrote:This does not explain why you want to put people in gulags so badly.

Self-defence is the best reason for harming the interests of another.
#14992308
SolarCross wrote:Your opinion on the matter is unverified. :)

Self-defence is the best reason for harming the interests of another.


So you want to impose totalitarian penal systems because you feel attacked, or are afraid that you will be attacked?
#14992309
Pants-of-dog wrote:So you want to impose totalitarian penal systems because you feel attacked, or are afraid that you will be attacked?


I don't want to do that and it needn't be a "totalitarian" penal system, it could just be a wall in between, a border. Anyway wouldn't a totalitarian enjoy a totalitarian penal system?
#14992310
SolarCross wrote:I don't want to do that and it needn't be a "totalitarian" penal system, it could just be a wall in between, a border. Anyway wouldn't a totalitarian enjoy a totalitarian penal system?


You really seem like you want gulags and torture and executions. You mention them all the time when discussing how you would treat your ideological opponents.
#14992311
Pants-of-dog wrote:You really seem like you want gulags and torture and executions. You mention them all the time when discussing how you would treat your ideological opponents.

So you are saying it is safe to just let the likes of Lenin or Pol Pot runaround unchallenged? History begs to differ.
#14992312
SolarCross wrote:So you are saying it is safe to just let the likes of Lenin or Pol Pot runaround unchallenged? History begs to differ.


You openly support dictatorships that have imprisoned, tortured, and killed children without even a trial, simply because they share your ideology.

So, you actually do think we should let totalitarians run around doing what they want.

Also, you do not claim that only people like Pol Pot should be put into gulags. You also claim that all Marxists should be.

This is why I find your whole “we should enact totalitarian policies and imprison and torture innocents in order to protect freedom” schtick to be ironic.
EU-BREXIT

@Kaiserschmarrn In truth, I don't give a fuck[…]

I appreciate the boundless forgiveness that some […]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-19[…]

You sound so childish with your facile dismissive[…]