Jussie Smollett: Life and Death of an MSM Hate Hoax - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Ter wrote:Well now, Trump has been accused of many things, but this is a first.

Claiming ignorance isn't an excuse. https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/23/ ... pe-lawsuit.

The first major scandal to hit the Trump campaign besides the typical “what a racist, such a sexist, yada yada yada,” came from a lawsuit stemming from the infamous sex parties held by billionaire and known pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. The woman named in the suit is Katie Johnson, who says Trump took her virginity in 1994 when she was only 13 and being held by Epstein as a slave.

Johnson says in the complaint that Trump and Epstein threatened her and her family with bodily harm if she didn’t comply with all of their disgusting demands. The Trump campaign has been on this immediately, calling it absolute nonsense and not even remotely true or possible. The first major scandal to hit the Trump campaign besides the typical “what a racist, such a sexist, yada yada yada,” came from a lawsuit stemming from the infamous sex parties held by billionaire and known pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. The woman named in the suit is Katie Johnson, who says Trump took her virginity in 1994 when she was only 13 and being held by Epstein as a slave.

Johnson says in the complaint that Trump and Epstein threatened her and her family with bodily harm if she didn’t comply with all of their disgusting demands. The Trump campaign has been on this immediately, calling it absolute nonsense and not even remotely true or possible.
Taurean Reign/Libertarian 353 wrote:You must be dumb white supremacist to assume Blacks had/have a choice to leave.

Today, people can leave the US if they so choose. Airfare is relatively cheap.

By the way, it's really weird to see someone talking to themselves online. It's like a digital form of schizophrenia or something.

Taurean Reign wrote:Meanwhile a pedophile like trump can stay in office.

Trump is not a pedophile.

Taurean Reign wrote:Claiming ignorance isn't an excuse. https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/23/ ... pe-lawsuit.

The plaintiff wasn't credible--kind of like you posting from two different accounts.
Robin Roberts says her Jussie Smollett interview was a 'no-win situation for me

Robin Roberts is reflecting on her decision to interview Jussie Smollett.

The Good Morning America co-host sat down with the Empire actor on Feb. 12 to discuss the alleged hate crime against him. Just over a week later, he was arrested for making a false police report. (He maintains his innocence.) Roberts talked about how her interview came to be, including doubts she had about doing it in the first place, as well as the criticism she’s faced since it aired, describing it as a “no-win situation.”

“I’ll be completely honest, I was like, ‘I don’t know if I want to do the interview or not,’” the morning TV personality said during The Cut’s “How I Get It Done” event on Monday. “I said, ‘I don’t want to sit down with him if he’s going to lawyer up.’ And then I was told, ‘He wants to speak with you,’ [because] he was outraged by people making assumptions about whether it had happened or not.”

His handlers made it enticing, saying that the star would reveal new details about the so-called hate crime and Roberts was told she could challenge him about the “red flags” she saw in his story. “I’m like, ‘As a journalist, as a newsperson, this is newsworthy,'” she recalled. “He’s going to go on record for the first time. Yes, I’ll do the interview.”

On the day of the interview, it started two-and-a-half hours late. She tried to be as “neutral” as possible, saying, “I pride myself in being fair.” And Smollett was considered a victim at the time. However, she talked about challenging him, including when, after he said he “couldn’t believe people didn’t believe him,” pointing out, “Well, I go, ‘You’re out at 2 o’clock in the morning, you’re getting a sandwich, [and] you won’t give up your phone.’”

Roberts also said she felt pressure to represent the LGBT community during the sit-down. “I’m a black gay woman, he’s a black gay man,” she said. “He’s saying that there’s a hate crime, so if I’m too hard, then my LGBT community is going to say, ‘You don’t believe a brother,’ if I’m too light on him, it’s like, ‘Oh, because you are in the community, you’re giving him a pass.’”

She concluded, “It was a no-win situation for me.”

She had a chance to be a journalist with truth and integrity but she decided to side with her sexual identity and the LGBT cult that she's involved in.
maz wrote:Robin Roberts says her Jussie Smollett interview was a 'no-win situation for me

She had a chance to be a journalist with truth and integrity but she decided to side with her sexual identity and the LGBT cult that she's involved in.

It is what is called common left-wing journalistic bias.
Red_Army wrote:Do you care about repression and basic human rights @Verv? Is that a big part of US Army boot camp :lol: There was a ton of racism in the Soviet Union dude. Russians are notoriously racist, do you think that began in 1991? I think more important than the blatant strawmanning in this post is the hypocrisy and bad history. For shame Verv.

The endorsement of the Soviet Union and Communist thought obviously isn't the endorsement of the inclinations of the Russian people at that time.
‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett indicted on 16 felony counts related to allegation that he staged a hate-crime attack

Prosecutors have said Smollett paid two men to help him stage an attack that was initially seen as a racist and homophobic hate crime. The Associated Press reported that Smollett was indicted Thursday on 16 felony counts.

Smollett was the recipient of an outpouring of public support immediately after the incident was first reported, but the goodwill has disappeared as evidence mounted that countered his original story.

Washington Post

That could theoretically carry a sentence of 48 years in prison.
Oy vey.
Prank gone wrong.
Very costly.
It seems like the Smollett family wanted the FBI to handle the investigation so they could cover it up before the local police could finish their investigation.

Records: Former Michelle Obama aide, Smollett relative reached out to Kim Foxx

Just days after Jussie Smollett told Chicago police he had fought off a pair of attackers who targeted him in an apparent hate crime, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx tried to persuade Police Supt. Eddie Johnson to turn the investigation over to the FBI.

Foxx’s call to Johnson came after an influential supporter of the “Empire” actor reached out to Foxx personally: Tina Tchen, a Chicago attorney and former chief of staff for former First Lady Michelle Obama, according to emails and text messages provided by Foxx to the Chicago Sun-Times in response to a public records request.

Tchen passed Foxx’s number to a relative of the actor, and the ensuing conversations with the family member were cited by Foxx last month as the reason she recused herself from Smollett’s prosecution as the actor faces disorderly conduct charges for allegedly making a false police report.

Text messages show Tchen contacted Foxx on Feb. 1, three days after Smollett said he was jumped by two men as he walked home from a sandwich shop near his Streeterville home. Tchen texted Foxx to set up an early morning phone call.

“I wanted to give you a call on behalf of Jussie Smollett and family who I know. They have concerns about the investigation,” Tchen wrote in a text sent before 5 a.m., seeking to set up a call with Foxx before Tchen left on an 8 a.m. flight to New York.

A few hours later, Foxx received a text from a relative of Smollett, who said she’d received the number from Tchen.

In an interview with the Sun-Times this week, Foxx said that the family member expressed concerns about leaked information about the investigation — information that media outlets attributed to “police sources.”

“They had no doubt about the quality of the investigation, but believed that the FBI would have a tighter lid on the information,” said Foxx, adding that Johnson initially seemed receptive to the idea of turning the case over to the FBI.

Foxx said she has made similar calls to Johnson in cases involving lower-profile victims.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the FBI was involved from the start of the investigation, as is the case in most possible hate crime investigations, but there was never a discussion of the CPD giving up the case to federal investigators. The department confirmed last week that there is an ongoing internal investigation of the unnamed sources who gave the press information.

The conversations with Smollett’s relative took place during the period of the investigation when Smollett was considered the victim of a hate crime, not a suspect in a hoax, Foxx said.

Her decision to recuse herself was based on the conversations with the family member, which included information about Smollett.

An email included with the records requested by the Sun-Times shows Foxx’s chief ethics officer sent a message to top staff announcing Foxx had recused herself from the case on Feb. 13 — about a week before Smollett was charged, and the same date as her last text message and calls with Smollett’s relative.

Foxx spokesman Robert Foley announced that the top prosecutor had recused herself and turned the case over to her top deputy, Joseph Magats, on Feb. 19, without explaining why.

The next day, Foley elaborated in a statement to reporters that Foxx “had conversations with a family member of Jussie Smollett about the incident and their concerns, and facilitated a connection to the Chicago Police Department who were investigating the incident.”

The text messages show Foxx told both Tchen and Smollett’s relative that Foxx had reached out to Johnson personally about handing the investigation off to the FBI.

“Spoke to the superintendent earlier. He is going to make the ask. Trying to figure out logistics. I’ll keep you posted,” Foxx wrote the relative that evening.

“OMG this would be a huge victory,” the relative texted in reply.

In an email message to Tchen sent the same day, Foxx wrote: “Spoke to the Superintendent Johnson. I convinced him to reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation. He is reaching out now and will get to me shortly.”

Tchen did not respond to requests for comment from the Sun-Times.

Defense lawyer and Chicago-Kent College of Law professor Richard Kling said that it would not be unusual for prosecutors to reach to police during an investigation, though it is likely rare that a victim would get the state’s attorney’s personal phone number. Foxx’s decision to recuse, once it became clear that Smollett was likely to be facing charges, was appropriate, Kling said.

“I don’t think it is odd or rare for prosecutors to talk to police, or for (Foxx) herself to ask what is going on in a particular case,” Kling said. “And, once she realized she had talked to a family member who may have given her information about a pending case, recusing herself was exactly the right thing to do.”

FOP accuses Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx of interfering in Jussie Smollett investigation

CHICAGO -- The president of the Chicago police union has sent a letter to the Justice Department alleging that Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx interfered in the police investigation of "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

Foxx had recused herself from the case, but Kevin Graham, Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) president, said that was insufficient and wants the feds to determine whether she broke any laws.

"That recusal is wholly insufficient. In order for Ms. Foxx to properly charge and try this case, her entire office should have recused itself and a special prosecutor been appointed," Graham said in a statement.

Smollett, who faces 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly filing a false police report, claims he was the victim of a hate crime in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood in January. However, police say it was a hoax and that Smollett hired two

brothers to carry out the fake attack.

"I think there are additional questions that need to be answered by Foxx and the police department. I don't think it's to the stage of being a federal investigation," said Laura Washington, an ABC7 political analyst.

The police union, which has been at odds with the state's attorney on a number of issues in the past, said she went too far in this case.

"The FOP has never been a friend... stick it to her and raise questions about her ability to be a good states attorney," Washington said.

Legal experts said there are some ethical questions about the way Foxx handled the case, but add that it's important to remember that when she first got involved Smollett was being investigated as a victim -- not a suspect.

"If her motivation is about the integrity of the investigation and ensuring that the investigation was properly conducted, I don't see an ethical issue there," said Sam Jones, of John Marshall Law School.

The Cook County State's Attorney's Office did not respond Monday to requests for comment.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Don't worry everyone. Maz will soon get marching orders from all his nazi buddies with extremely valid, not at all retarded, conspiracy theories about why this means the black man is still guilty and hate crimes aren't real. Dr. Black Crimes is on it!

It seems politics is involved, as maz suggested. Prosecutors never give a deal to someone where they are considered not guilty of anything when the evidence has them dead to rights. Since they tried to involve the FBI to quash the investigation, and the FBI already has a world famous black eye from trying to overthrow the Trump administration, they may find it in their interest to investigate both the Cook County State’s Attorney and local FBI offices for "collusion."

This should be interesting. I don't think that Smollett will be the person of interest in future investigations. It will likely start with Foxx now.
blackjack21 wrote:It seems politics is involved, as maz suggested. Prosecutors never give a deal to someone where they are considered not guilty of anything when the evidence has them dead to rights. Since they tried to involve the FBI to quash the investigation, and the FBI already has a world famous black eye from trying to overthrow the Trump administration, they may find it in their interest to investigate both the Cook County State’s Attorney and local FBI offices for "collusion."

This should be interesting. I don't think that Smollett will be the person of interest in future investigations. It will likely start with Foxx now.

It makes you wonder if that local FBI office is staffed by Obama appointees. I heard on the news that Smollett was allowed to work 18 hours with Jessie Jackson's Rainbow Coalition as his community service before the prosecutor presented his sweetheart deal to get Smollett out of his mess. The Mayor did not seem happy that he was not consulted before the deal was put forward to the court. Apparently, the Mayor was not happy with the agreement to forfeit the bail money of $10,000 to the city because he said that was not near enough to cover their costs of this fraud.

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]

First two sentences: "The ICJ didn't say tha[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all of[…]