What matters in life - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
By Ter
RepubliConservative wrote:Pizza, blow jobs, and football.

Pizza is way overrated.
Blowjobs are, from a cerebral point of view, pretty disgusting
and football, if you are referring to the American version, is utterly stupid.
By Sivad
Ter wrote:Pizza is way overrated.
Blowjobs are, from a cerebral point of view, pretty disgusting
and football, if you are referring to the American version, is utterly stupid.

You just took a shit on everything the vast majority of Americans live for. Food, sex, and mindless entertainments are the only things propping up this retarded farce of a society.
Pizza is great. Blowjobs are usually not that great (oily handjob is better, not much a slimy mouth and tongue can do) and American football, Soccer and Rugby are all shit, dumb games for brainlets.
By Sivad
Oh, I forgot drugs, from prescription stimulants and anti-depressants to street dope, psychoactive molecules are the backbone of the American way of life.
misterjakelee wrote:Does anything matter?
I think the reason I and others ask this question is because we don't have the means to be engaged in life. Just sitting around existing when I would I rather be out living, but I can't. Some people are just naturally more extroverted than I am.
Sivad wrote:Oh, I forgot drugs, from prescription stimulants and anti-depressants to street dope, psychoactive molecules are the backbone of the American way of life.
Amphetamine and MDMA are really euphoric until they're not. Used to use but my tolerance is so high now I just get jittery.
Sivad wrote:Oh, I forgot drugs, from prescription stimulants and anti-depressants to street dope, psychoactive molecules are the backbone of the American way of life.

Yeah, I noticed that about America. The one time I was in the USA, the only products being advertised all day on TV - and I really do mean the only products - were dodgy financial investments and psychotropic anti-depressant drugs. I thought it sort of summed everything up. Lol.
misterjakelee wrote:I think the reason I and others ask this question is because we don't have the means to be engaged in life. Just sitting around existing when I would I rather be out living, but I can't. Some people are just naturally more extroverted than I am.

Join a sports league.

The exercise helps produce endorphins, it is easy to meet people and socialize, and organised physical activities help get you out of your head.
misterjakelee wrote:Amphetamine and MDMA are really euphoric until they're not. Used to use but my tolerance is so high now I just get jittery.

If you got nothing better to do heroin is the ultimate euphoric.
SolarCross wrote:I always found heroin to be rather disappointing. Everyone's body chemistry is a bit different.

You're probably just doing shitty dope. And banging it makes all the difference, smoking or horking it isn't the same.
By Rancid
SolarCross wrote:I always found heroin to be rather disappointing. Everyone's body chemistry is a bit different.

Can you go into detail about your experience wit heroin?
Rancid wrote:Can you go into detail about your experience wit heroin?

There isn't much to say, it was pretty boring. I smoked it rather than go intravenous so that might be why it was weak just as @Sivad suggests. You get a napkin sized square of tinfoil and put the heroin in a dip in the middle. Then using a cigarette lighter to heat underneath the H to melt and evaporate it then you suck up the vapour using a tinfoil funnel. The slang for this method is "chasing the dragon".

By Wellsy
Potemkin wrote:Yeah, I noticed that about America. The one time I was in the USA, the only products being advertised all day on TV - and I really do mean the only products - were dodgy financial investments and psychotropic anti-depressant drugs. I thought it sort of summed everything up. Lol.

This was part of my culture shock when i first visited the US. I felt uncomfortable when i forst witness ada for prescription drugs. I then came back to Australia and realized this simply didn’t exist because of laws barring such ads.
Also during lunch here in the US i see the strange ads of “have you X? Because you might be entitled to financial compensation” lawyer ads. Then came how normal people were with televangelists during the day. Then also ad ive been among female coworkers during lunch when all of a sudden ads for things like slutfest come on. American ads are farkn weird.
I agree with @Drlee and @Pants-of-dog about how we give meaning to life. Life is an adventure, an experience that every alive, breathing person goes through. We choose what matters to us. To me it's about finding happiness, spreading happiness and love to others and helping out. We should be giving to others not just taking. It feels good to help and give back to those around us or even to just take care of our environment. Our world could be more beautiful if we respected it more, respected people more, respected ourselves more. A big problem I see with people these days is that they do not like who they are, they do not understand what respect is. Respect is something that people have to learn at a young age and sadly not everyone learns that in school or from their parents which is a damn shame. If I did not understand respect, I would be a different person. Granted I do not respect all my elders, but I know how to respect someone if I feel like they are worthy of my respect. Respect has to be earned, not given based on a title or level of seniority.

I compare the US commercials to commercials from Taiwan and it's quite a contrast. US ads can be very rude, offensive, loud and even disgusting. The ads in the 90s in the US were still ok and some were even funny and memorable. I recently saw a Taiwan New Year's ad on Youtube and it was like a story, it actually had a plot and I thought it was sweet. An American version would be just alcohol, hot girls or guys, an animal or two and maybe a Santa in there with a weird American guy saying or doing something odd. This could be one reason why I seldom watch TV anymore.
By Rancid
There's this anti-depressant ad going around on youtube now. Where it basically say's something about a symptom of depression is not wanting to do your laundry. Which, I'm sure it is, but come on....
Potemkin wrote:Yeah, I noticed that about America. The one time I was in the USA, the only products being advertised all day on TV - and I really do mean the only products - were dodgy financial investments and psychotropic anti-depressant drugs. I thought it sort of summed everything up. Lol.

Haha, indeed.

Reminds me of this scene :D :
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]