I Reject, I Affirm. ''Raising the Black Flag'' in an Age of Devilry. - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
annatar1914 wrote:We've had this discussion before, about the insipid emotional blackmail of non-Christians thinking they have the capacity to ''explain'' Christianity to them, the Christians :roll:

As it happens, I DO have a problem with freedom as a concept, in which the meaning you have and the meaning I have are somewhat different. I am basically a Compatibilist/Determinist philosophically;

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/compatibilism/

So I am not going to have the same ideas on ''freedom'' as say, Max Stirner or Ayn Rand.

Ah, I should have guided one to this article as well;

https://www.theopedia.com/compatibilism

Now, free will is an important thing to discuss, liberty and all that. But probably not here in this thread.
SSDR wrote:@SolarCross, There is no fixed human nature. Societies always change. People are different now then they were 100 years ago, or even only 50 years ago. Social norms, politics, fashions, and sexual attractions all change collectively over time.

No one said it was fixed but we are not robots nor should we want to be robots.
SSDR wrote:@SolarCross, Damn you're prejudice asf.

No wonder you right wingers are so deluded.

If it talks like an ant, walks like an ant, looks like an ant, it's probably an ant. Seriously though think about it, you flat out find everything about humans basically either repugnant or incomprehensible and want us all to completely change into something basically exactly like ants. Maybe the problem isn't with us humans it is just with you.
SSDR wrote:@SolarCross, No, the problem is capitalism and those who want to defend and conserve the capitalist mode of production. Capitalists want humans to be slaves to the wealthy elitists. So the problem is YOU because you're defending capitalism, which enslaves society as a whole.

You don't realise how lucky you are to get a human body, for an ant it is like winning the lottery or something. You should try to make the most of it but first you have to learn more about us, which means talking less and observing more. Human existence is a far superior experience to that of ants, try to appreciate it.
Thread drift is no doubt inevitable, but basically this thread is not so much about an attack (or defense of Modernism!) upon Modernism, but the ability of an Anti-Modern such as myself and others of somewhat similar mind to discuss what comes after the collapse of Modernism, for collapse it is in the process of doing. It is as much Apocalyptic and Eschatological as Political, if not more so, this discussion. If that isn't your cup of tea, I ask you to post elsewhere.
SolarCross wrote:You don't realise how lucky you are to get a human body, for an ant it is like winning the lottery or something. You should try to make the most of it but first you have to learn more about us, which means talking less and observing more. Human existence is a far superior experience to that of ants, try to appreciate it.

It appears to me that SSDR is trolling.

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]