No Sex For You, Young Man - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14997658
SolarCross wrote:Dating is a method for discovering a suitable reproductive partner. They are related activities.


Yes, they are related. To use your economic comparison, dating can be likened to the bidding process, while reproduction can be compared to awarding a contract. Bidding on a contract is like dating in the hopes of eventual reproduction.

And even that comparison is flawed, since most bidding is done with the express purpose of attaining a contract, while most dating is not done with the express ourpose of reproduction.

And that relationship between dating and reproduction does not change the fact that dating someone who is in an open marriage almost always has nothing to do with reproduction.

Differential reproduction for men and women.

This page collates dozens of different research papers on the subject.


At this point, I would (in your position) look through those and find the one study that shows the differential reproduction most clearly.

For the purposes of this discussion, let us assume the differential exists.

While I see how this supports the incel idea of polygamy leads to less males breeding, I can also imagine other reasons for this.

The only way that polygamy could have led to a restriction of breeding males is in the case where female sexuality was carefully controlled, such as in an Abrahamic theocracy.

In that case, that is a situation where sex is rigidly controlled by society and polygamy is forced upon women.

A society with the four legal conventions you mentioned would be similar: a situation where sex is rigidly controlled by society and monogamy is forced upon women.

Right now, we have neither, and I recognise that women can now date whomever they want. For those who are looking for a female partner, it is up to then to impress a lady, to make an effort. For those of us who are married, we have to do the same thing to maintain our relationship.
#14997662
I did like how @Hong Wu literally laid out the predilections of his ideological brethren as the reasons for men being miserable and pathetic. I can't disagree. Atomization and alienation are huge reasons for unhappiness in general and the ability to interact with others in the real world. I'm sure Hong is comfortable trading cartoon pornography and nazi memes online, but I can understand how being brought up on the internet makes it hard for him to make friends, let alone girlfriends.

That's why these people are ripe for recruitment by retrograde violent ideologies. If he was a shade browner he would be in ISIS.
By Rich
#14997665
Pants-of-dog wrote:Because people do not date solely to reproduce. In fact, reproducing is something you do after you have finished with the dating scene.

Not consciously no, but sub consciously we are very much driven by the desires to reproduce and particularly in the case of women the desire not to reproduce. Our whole psychology, evolved in a time before civilisation and long before modern contraception. The Patriarchal Agrarian cultures were certainly a distortion of our sexual psychologies, but the idea that differences between men and women are fundamentally social in origin is for the birds.
#14997705
Dating does not necessarily lead to reproduction. It most likely is done because people are not wanting to be single and alone. People hate being alone. There is this peer pressure to have a partner to do things with during vacations and weekends.

As people get poorer and living costs rise faster than wages, people are choosing not to have kids or waiting until they are near 40 to have kids.
#14997710
On a personal note I rather want polygamy to be a thing. I have a son, who is a great kid very brainy and talented who does me proud, by my wife who is a truly lovely lady so I am very happy with all that but she does not want more kids and she is probably too old for it now as well. But honestly I'd like a few more so some kind of polygamy is the only way that can happen. I don't want to be a sneak about it though.
#14997716
Polygamy will only result in the 10% of men getting MORE women. It won't change what's happening among young men.
#14997735
SolarCross wrote:Maybe we shouldn't and arguably a social darwinist should be happy they don't get dates but if we don't care about them getting dates then why should we care about them getting jobs or getting paid more for those jobs or having any income at all? There is some very selective "caring" going on here.


There's very little society can do if you're squat, fat, ugly, or tongue-tied. There is, however, quite a bit society can do to prevent people from dying because they can't afford insulin. So we do those things we are capable of doing.

The presence of some polygamy proportionately causes some inceldom, the more polygamy the more inceldom.


So, there's nothing wrong in being asexual, either voluntarily or not. It only becomes a problem when you succumb to anger and start blaming others for a situation they didn't create.

Be a kind person, listen to others and treat them fairly. You will be returned in kind by those people worth knowing.
#14997738
quetzalcoatl wrote:
So, there's nothing wrong in being asexual, either voluntarily or not. It only becomes a problem when you succumb to anger and start blaming others for a situation they didn't create.

Be a kind person, listen to others and treat them fairly. You will be returned in kind by those people worth knowing.

Of course Mohammad figured out how to weaponise incels by baiting them with 72 heavenly virgins in return for a violent death, imams have been repeating the trick till this very day and so today we have the suicide bomber. The Christians and the Buddhists have relatively nice and harmless activities for incels but those aren't the only options. We should also worry if the white nationalists figure out and copy the muslim's trick.
#14997740
SolarCross wrote: We should also worry if the white nationalists figure out and copy the muslim's trick.


If the statistics of mass attacks in recent years are an indication, they've already figured this out.
#14997741
quetzalcoatl wrote:If the statistics of mass attacks in recent years are an indication, they've already figured this out.

I read that Anders Brevik was baited by a woman to travel to the Belarus for paramilitary training. It is the only reference I have found for him having any kind of female relationship. So yeah they probably have.
#14997770
There's lots you can do to substantially improve your chances with women:

Zazen, Yoga, Weight Training, high fruit and vegetable healthy diet, develop your trade /career / art / business.

The above is what I would call the essentials. I have also found Enlightenment intensives, massage courses, counselling courses, small amounts of co counselling and studying both academic and popular psychology helpful. Life is unfair, some people are born more attractive than others, but you actually have a surprsing amount of control over how good looking you are. Now all of the above might sound like a lot just to get a woman, so obliviously you are going to need to have some interest in your own self development / self actualisation. But then if you don't value yourself at all why should you expect a woman to?
#14997777
Rich wrote:There's lots you can do to substantially improve your chances with women:

Zazen, Yoga, Weight Training, high fruit and vegetable healthy diet, develop your trade /career / art / business.

The above is what I would call the essentials. I have also found Enlightenment intensives, massage courses, counselling courses, small amounts of co counselling and studying both academic and popular psychology helpful. Life is unfair, some people are born more attractive than others, but you actually have a surprsing amount of control over how good looking you are. Now all of the above might sound like a lot just to get a woman, so obliviously you are going to need to have some interest in your own self development / self actualisation. But then if you don't value yourself at all why should you expect a woman to?


Vegetables are toxic but otherwise what you say is fine self-help advice for those just to the left of the bell curve peak because as I said before women are naturally more discriminating on mate quality so clearly improving one's quality is a way to get accepted as a quality semen donor. BUT the net effect changes nothing because for every slob who through self improvement moves himself a few percent to the right of the bell curve some other fellow just gets bumped to the left by standing still. If everyone doubles down on improving his personal quality in the eyes of women then the whole bell curve leaps to the right and the poor slob just to the left of the peak is back where he started only now he is working his nuts off harder. In the immortal words of @Hong Wu: Sad!

Think about it, you are saying to runners in a race in which only the top three win "run faster!" :lol:
Last edited by SolarCross on 06 Apr 2019 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
#14997781
This is one of the most widespread, well known and international topics in the world right now and we have these old guys in here posturing and calling people incels. Way to be completely out of touch yet again, guys :roll:
#14997786
Hong Wu wrote:This is one of the most widespread, well known and international topics in the world right now and we have these old guys in here posturing and calling people incels. Way to be completely out of touch yet again, guys :roll:


And yet you keep responding to or keep baiting said old guys. ;)

@Rich Good points. It is very attractive if a man or woman is focused on their own self improvement. Confidence is sexy as well. Exercise gives a person confidence and can make one happier and more energetic. I watched this one video on Youtube by a guy who gives advice to young girls and he said that guys like a girl who seems happy when she interacts with others. And maybe he will want her to direct her positive attitude towards him.

We all think that losers and bums are ugly because they just wander around aimlessly.
By Rich
#14997804
SolarCross wrote:Vegetables are toxic but otherwise what you say is fine self-help advice for those just to the left of the bell curve....

Think about it, you are saying to runners in a race in which only the top three win "run faster!" :lol:

No because my problem is that I'm just not attracted to a lot of women, and I would like to see women doing the above as well. So as I see it both men and women would have a bigger pool of attractive members of the opposite sex to fish in. Plus in my book people would be healthier and happier if they followed this path so they would be better off even if they don't get together with someone.

Zen Master Dogen addressed the question of dropping mind and body. he said one should meditate for the Buddha. Yeah fine if that lifts your boat, but for me it was a bit too homo, so I can see nothing wrong mediating with the intention of getting laid. Or put it the other way. I often hear complaints that women can be selfish, self-centred, narcissistic, contradictory, cruel, callous, capricious, uncompasionate, spiteful, that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Try spending a couple of months in a traditional Zen training regime, then you'll find something to whine about. At the end of the day women are only Koans.

I eat a lot of fish, but the traditional hunger gather diet seems to be healthy as well, high wild meat, high vegetables and fruit, no processed sugars and low on over concentrated starchy grains.
#14997809
@Hong Wu is a definite incel. I want pics of him even next to a woman or I will not believe it. I guarantee this dude has a giant body pillow with an anime picture on it and that he hasn't touched another human being in 30+ years. I'm betting the last time he talked to a real person was to IRL shout, "REEEEEE".

Unsurprisingly this type of winner has trouble establishing sexual relationships.
#14997828
Hong Wu wrote:This is one of the most widespread, well known and international topics in the world right now and we have these old guys in here posturing and calling people incels. Way to be completely out of touch yet again, guys :roll:


I thought maybe it was because the global sexual ratio was off; you know, skewed to there being more males than females..and maybe even age differences :hmm:
#14997863
I am not even sure this is a real thing.

By that I mean that I am not sure that there is actually a significantly higher percentage of sexless men than there were a decade or two ago, or even more.
Another school shooting

Anything they believe is bad, is cultural marxism.[…]

This is absolutely insane. https://www.youtube.co[…]

Someone tell me of 1 prediction made by mainstrea[…]

Macron: Nato is brain-dead

I find myself in agreement with Macron once again.[…]