Julian Assange arrested in London - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Beren wrote:Only dupes believe Snowden lives happily ever after in Moscow without ever having done anything for the Russians ...

Alleging that Snowden is a Russian puppet without providing any evidence or alleging that Assange is a rapist before he is condemned are classical methods of character assassination to discredit dissidents.

The arrest of Assange demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt that Russia is the only safe place for Snowden and Assange's extradition to the US will show that the rape allegations cannot be substantiated.
Atlantis wrote:Alleging that Snowden is a Russian puppet without providing any evidence or alleging that Assange is a rapist before he is condemned are classical methods of character assassination to discredit dissidents.

The arrest of Assange demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt that Russia is the only safe place for Snowden and Assange's extradition to the US will show that the rape allegations cannot be substantiated.

I don't allege that Snowden is a puppet, but he clearly colluded with the Russians for whatever reason or motive, while he also knew that Russia was the only safe place for him when he took care of his own safe exit. Assange is also not a rapist and he obviously meant to hide away from the Americans and not the Swedish authorities.
Atlantis wrote:Alleging that Snowden is a Russian puppet without providing any evidence or alleging that Assange is a rapist before he is condemned are classical methods of character assassination to discredit dissidents.

Nonsense-

Because, for ASSANGE, these 'alleged' claims against him, are a pretext device, in which to pursue his extradition by political channels of power abuse.

It's been claimed that America's extradition claim on ASSANGE should take precedence over Sweden's, because America made that claim first, once he was arrested.

That is B$, it's going to be a political decision, by an administration, that is, as ASSANGE's mother stated, in deep **** & that is typically the course that all Tory government's adapt when in the deep.
Sweden should have the first claim & ASSANGE should claim asylum in that country.

If that's not possible, he should claim Habeus Corpus through his lawyer, he would be brought to court & the legaility or otherwise of his detention be decided on by the courts of justice.
In my opinion, a jumping of bail' is not justification of holding a person against his will.

In effect, he would be in 'protection' of the court, once a claim for HC is made

As an asylum seeker, he is in no way any different than the monarch is in respect of the law, assuming that is his status, it would be against the law to hold him, when the act to deprive him of refuge by the Ecuadoran government took place, they, literally deprived him of his 'protected' status as a seeker of asylum.
Despite his fears of extradition to America by Sweden, that risk is far greater in the U.K under a 'Tory' gov't, or a 'Blairite' Labour one.
Last edited by Nonsense on 14 Apr 2019 17:42, edited 2 times in total.
Beren wrote:I don't allege that Snowden is a puppet, but he clearly colluded with the Russians for whatever reason or motive, while he also knew that Russia was the only safe place for him when he took care of his own safe exit.

Do you have a source for your claim that Snowden was in contact with the Russians before he fled? Everything I know suggests he didn't know where he would end up when he fled to Hong Kong.
Rugoz wrote:Do you have a source for your claim that Snowden was in contact with the Russians before he fled?

No, I'm just guessing. I wonder if even the FBI could prove he'd been in contact with the Russians before he fled even if he really had, however, it seems logical, realistic and even necessary to me. But I'm just a low-level ant in the colony that may be completely wrong.
QatzelOk wrote:Not really.

The "hand the fed" Julian Assange was Rafael Correa, the former leftist president of Ecuador. He is currently hiding from "freedom and democracy" in Belgium.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -election/

The current president, Lenin Moreno, is one of the IMF-borrowing, western base inviting, multinational-friendly rightwingers who swept across Latin America in a series of western-backed coups and opportunistically imprisoned leftists.

He is currently selling his country to the highest bidder, which happens to be non-Ecuadorians. He is thus "not an issue" in commercial media.

That's a good point QatzelOk, although the link you have attached doesn't quite relate to what you're trying to say. Perhaps the readers can find more information in the link below about how the Ecuadorian authorities in the past one year made Assange's life in the Embassy worse than prison - they're the words from Vaughan Smith; a friend and regular visitor of Assange at the Embassy in the past six months:
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/juli ... -1-5995022

"He is very mentally and physically robust but he has lost a lot of weight and in the last year the Ecuadorians have tried to push him out.

He said they took away his internet access, put cameras in every room, reduced him visiting rights and did not let him talk to the press.

They applied pressure to make it worse, it was worse than prison with no outside space or social life but he is a fighter,”
Smith said.

Speaking of the hands that feed you, indeed...
The U.K would have to agree with the Swedish government before any attempt at extraditing ASSANGE from the U.K or Sweden to America & as the law stands that would not happen.

The law prevents his being handed over to any country with the 'Death Penalty'.

He should be eligible, but probably wouldn't be granted bail, because he has already broken that one already.

I would suggest that the 'evidence' for his extradition to America, would be extremely weak & spurious to say the least anyway.

That he was arrested within the Ecuadoran embassy, does give him rights within the law, even if he 'allegedly' abused those rules or conditions for asylum in the embassy itself.
I would accept ASSANGE's perceptions that he has been spied on by the embassy, possibly, in connivance with the British government.
Rancid wrote:Assange's rape victim would differ in opinion about how fake that charge is

I wouldn't believe it takes so much to get accused of rape in Sweden, Sweden's role could be explained by its historic relationship with Russia though. However, it works only if we agree to adding Russia to the equation. :lol:
A very good article on this, from the Sydney Morning Herald:

Julian Assange is no journalist: don't confuse his arrest with press freedom

In the American extradition request, WikiLeaks is accused of conspiring with the whistleblower Chelsea Manning to publish a huge trove of military documents in 2010. The documents included the infamous "collateral murder" video filmed from the gunsights of two US Apache helicopters as they opened fire on a group of men in Baghdad, including two Reuters journalists, killing them all.

Other documents included the Afghanistan War Logs, the Iraq War Logs, and "CableGate" – a trove of classified diplomatic cables that contained some embarrassingly undiplomatic analysis of world leaders and their countries. So far so newsworthy.

But Assange went further. Instead of sorting through the hundreds of thousands of files to seek out the most important or relevant and protect the innocent, he dumped them all onto his website, free for anybody to go through, regardless of their contents or the impact they might have had. Some exposed the names of Afghans who had been giving information on the Taliban to US forces.

Journalism demands more than simply acquiring confidential information and releasing it unfiltered onto the internet for punters to sort through. It comes with responsibility.

To effectively fulfil the role of journalism in a democracy, there is an obligation to seek out what is genuinely in the public interest and a responsibility to remove anything that may compromise the privacy of individuals not directly involved in a story or that might put them at risk.

Journalism also requires detailed context and analysis to explain why the information is important, and what it all means.

When The Guardian and The New York Times got hold of the cache of files that Edward Snowden downloaded from the US National Security Agency in 2013, they spent months searching through it to pick out the documents that exposed the extent of the NSA’s surveillance operations. Then, the newspapers took months more to release those stories in a cascade that was as explosive as it was impressive.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/assange ... hkyK6p9-qA
B0ycey wrote:Nonetheless here is a meme that typifies who the true enemies of the state should be...

Exactly.

If the USA government has been feeding ISIS, it means that most of the "civil wars" and "terror attacks" aimed at MENA countries have been American false flags.

This means that the USA is fighting "both sides" of many of its wars, probably to destroy countries whose resources multinationals want to steal.

This murderous duplicity with fake regulatory-capture governments doing the PR and military appropriation for zombie corporations.... is something that we really shouldn't know about if we're going to be happy pawns.
Hong Wu wrote:It does seem plausible that Hillary and Obama gave arms to ISIS but we can't ignore who was staffing ISIS; not all of the culpability lies with western great gamesmanship.

Great gamesmanship has been shared with the elite of a few non-Western countries. But this "tokenism of oligarchy" doesn't change anything except that it makes it easier (for oligarchs) to market an internationalist (colonial) oligarchy.

And humanity is approaching the end-game, where this kind of violence and social aggression finishes us all off with extinction.

Some countries have already had their quality of life reduced to "hell" by multinationals being fed by lying, fake government in the West.

Of course, now that Assange has been arrested, we don't know any of this anymore. From now on, the Great Western Powers are trying to help the world's people find freedom and prosperity, and the smart-weapons they use do as little harm to anyone or anything as is reasonably possible... when you're saving the world from despair with high-tech weapons.

Igor Antunov wrote:All the 'muh assange hacked teh emails' is just more Clintonian bullshit. They're still in denial about 2016.

I can see the Clinton nerds ITT still crying. The emails were not hacked, they were leaked. You should look into the basics of how Wikileaks works before regurgitating corporate media nonsense.

And it was the electoral college which lost Clinton the election for the gazillionth time.

Rancid wrote:Assange's rape victim would differ in opinion about how fake that charge is

Read:
Assange is not a "journalist". I don't think the media should be defending Assange. They're supposed to report the news, not give us their stupid fucking opinions.
Godstud wrote:Assange is not a "journalist". I don't think the media should be defending Assange. They're supposed to report the news, not give us their stupid fucking opinions.

You are fine with the fake news giving their opinions when they agree with you. :lol:
Godstud wrote:They're supposed to report the news, not give us their stupid fucking opinions.

Yes they are. Journalism has always included opinion reporting. You might be upset about it, but it's a fact. Newspapers ALWAYS have had their editorials and opinion sections.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 791ef9f5ee
colliric wrote:Yes they are. Journalism has always included opinion reporting. You might be upset about it, but it's a fact. Newspapers ALWAYS have had their editorials and opinion sections.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 791ef9f5ee

You also mentioned Sean Hannity, but I saw only Tucker Carlson. Did you forget to post the video with Sean Hannity?

ACLU defends Assange: Prosecution would be unconstitutional

In a statement released after the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, The American Civil Liberties Union says 'criminally prosecuting a publisher for the publication of truthful information would be a first in American history and unconstitutional.'

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O