Julian Assange arrested in London - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Hindsite wrote:You also mentioned Sean Hannity, but I saw only Tucker Carlson. Did you forget to post the video with Sean Hannity?

No. Fox News weirdly buried it:

For legal reasons I believe.
Hannity's people have also been busy with the memory hole:

Fox News’ Sean Hannity Removes All Julian Assange Content From His Twitter Account

As of Monday, it appears Hannity has deleted everything regarding Julian Assange from his Twitter feed. Hannity used to be quite the Assange fan, even telling the Wikileaks founder that he would make a good guest host for Hannity’s radio show. Hannity also promoted Assange’s credibility, saying that “nothing he has published has ever been false.”

This makes the Assange cleansing of Hannity’s feed seem most suspicious, considering the timing. However, it seems that Twitter personality Richard Feren was too quick for Hannity’s team, and has preserved the pro-Assange tweets for the world to see:

https://hillreporter.com/fox-news-sean- ... ount-31229
I believe Hannity and Fox News may have had legal concerns in relation to the upcoming release of the Mueller Report in which Wikileaks is obviously going to feature.
colliric wrote:I believe Hannity and Fox News may have had legal concerns in relation to the upcoming release of the Mueller Report in which Wikileaks is obviously going to feature.

WikiLeaks already features in the Barr Summary. The problem is they co-star the Russian government, they could be good guys otherwise.
Please get involved in the solidarity campaign to free Julian Assange, by supporting the upcoming events as arranged by JADC 'Julian Assange Defence Committee' (UK based), in the next two weeks. Spread the news as wide as possible, share the info-graphics through the social media platforms, and of course; make it possible to attend the events:

Julian Assange.png
Julian Assange.png (367.78 KiB) Viewed 2375 times

Thank you!
SSDR wrote:I am against both sides of this conflict. One side is capitalist, and the other is anarchist.

I am on the side of the Christian Capitalists.
Praise the Lord.
Godstud wrote::lol: You can't be a proper Christian and a Capitalist.

Jesus trashed the Gentiles Forecourt because they setup business there... And whipped them till they ran for their lives.

Hindsite doesn't understand this means Jesus was clearly anti-establishment.
colliric wrote:Jesus trashed the Gentiles Forecourt because they setup business there... And whipped them till they ran for their lives.

Hindsite doesn't understand this means Jesus was clearly anti-establishment.

You are certainly ignorant in understanding about Jesus. Jesus approved of capitalism as is proven by some of his parables. What Jesus disapproved of was how the money changers were cheating those coming to worship at the temple.

The Bible records two instances of Jesus cleansing the temple of money changers and those selling sacrificial animals. Jesus’ first encounter with money changers was at the beginning of His three-year ministry (John 2:14–16). He made a whip of cords and drove them out. The second time He confronted the money changers was the week before His trial and crucifixion. Seeing that the money changers had come back, He again drove them out, saying, ““It is written, ‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers’”” (Matthew 21:13).

Because Jewish law required a temple tax of a half-shekel (Exodus 30:11–16), Jews and visitors from other nations came to pay their taxes when they offered their sacrifices. But foreign coins with the likeness of pagan emperors would not be accepted in God’s temple. So money changers exchanged those foreign coins for Jewish money, but they did so at an exorbitant profit. Rather than provide this service as a business in another part of town, they exploited the religious zeal of the visitors to Jerusalem and did their business on temple grounds. Because they determined their own exchange rate, money changers easily took advantage of the poor and the foreigners pouring into Jerusalem for Passover.

These same money changers were associated with others who engaged in shady business practices in the temple courts. Some sold sacrificial animals, overcharging people who did not bring their own. Others were in charge of examining the animals to be sacrificed, and it was a simple matter to declare an animal “unapproved” and force the worshiper to buy another animal—at an inflated price—from the temple vendors. Such goings-on, exploiting the poor and the foreigner, angered the Lord Jesus and was strictly forbidden in the Mosaic Law (Exodus 22:21; Leviticus 19:34).

Praise the Lord.

Godstud wrote:Assange is not a "journalist". I don't think the media should be defending Assange. They're supposed to report the news, not give us their stupid fucking opinions.

:eh:
Assange is a journalist and Wikileaks is a media org. And of course "the media" should be defending Assange since if he's convicted for publishing the Iraq war logs - what he's really being extradited for - it'll affect the industry they work in. I recommend you read the article in the first tweet above.

Beren wrote:The problem is they co-star the Russian government, they could be good guys otherwise.

Wikileaks has released hundreds of files on Russian government corruption.
Don't extradite Assange!

Please sign the petition.

To the government of the UK

Julian Assange, through Wikileaks, has done the world a great service in documenting American war crimes, its spying on allies and other dirty secrets of the world's most powerful regimes, organisations and corporations. This has not endeared him to the American deep state. Both Obama, Clinton and Trump have declared that arresting Julian Assange should be a priority. We have recently received confirmation [1] that he has been charged in secret so as to have him extradited to the USA as soon as he can be arrested.

Assange's persecution, the persecution of a publisher for publishing information [2] that was truthful and clearly in the interest of the public - and which has been republished in major newspapers around the world - is a danger to freedom of the press everywhere, especially as the USA is asserting a right to arrest and try a non-American who neither is nor was then on American soil. The sentence is already clear: if not the death penalty then life in a supermax prison and ill treatment like Chelsea Manning. The very extradition of Julian Assange to the United States would at the same time mean the final death of freedom of the press in the West.
UN official visits Julian Assange, investigating Ecuador’s illegal surveillance

The United Nations special rapporteur on the right to privacy, Joe Cannataci, was finally permitted yesterday to meet with Julian Assange inside London’s Belmarsh prison.

The WikiLeaks journalist and publisher has been held virtually incommunicado, in denial of his fundamental legal and democratic rights, since the British police dragged him out of Ecuador’s embassy more than two weeks ago.

This has become a global battle for free speech and right of the public to know the truth about the crimes being committed by governments and their state agencies around the world.

Assange is being persecuted, and subjected to an unprecedented legal assault, for publishing millions of secret documents exposing political conspiracies and corporate crimes. Without this extraordinary record of authentic investigative journalism since 2006, this information would have remained suppressed...
Hindsite wrote:...money changers exchanged those foreign coins for Jewish money, but they did so at an exorbitant profit. Rather than provide this service as a business in another part of town, they exploited the religious zeal of the visitors to Jerusalem and did their business on temple grounds. Because they determined their own exchange rate, money changers easily took advantage of the poor and the foreigners pouring into Jerusalem for Passover.

This is, of course, interesting from a "details of the bible" perspective.

But most Christians walk away with a macro understanding of the Bible and the life of Jesus. Let me explain what I mean by Macro understanding of the Bible.

Jesus was this out-spoken guy who travelled around saying things that were true. For doing this, the mafia and elite of the time, humiliated and killed him. Macro Moral of the story: keep your mouth shut and you won't get hurt.

So however heroic and supermanish Jesus allegedly was, most of His followers are the doormats of capitalism, keeping their mouths shut so they don't get hurt.

1 The great settlement withdrawal that Israelis […]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate pote[…]