Soros to Fund Groups Working to Register FL Ex-Cons - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This is completely predictable because common sense shows that the average ex-felon is going to vote for politicians who are the friends of felons and not for people who seek to be tougher on crime.

Moreover, the average felon is from the sort of demographic that tends to vote Left to begin with. They are disproportionately minorities. And if you were an ex-felon, who would you be more likely to listen to? The people who arm you with excuses and talk about you as the real victim, or the people who believe in the American system and seek to enforce the laws and standards more regularly?

Do you think such people would be more likely to want to see the current America continued, or torn down?

So, of course, Soros and his far left gang are going to spend a lot of money organizing these guys and getting them to the polls.

Progressive organizations, many financed by billionaire activist George Soros, are working overtime to restore voting rights for Florida’s nearly 1.4 million ex-felons as the nation’s biggest swing state seems poised to play a pivotal electoral role in the 2020 presidential race.

The current battle revolves around a Florida state amendment that was passed last year restoring voting rights for felons, with progressive groups opposing a local bill that would require the state’s ex-felons to first pay civil fines and court fees before registering to vote.

Some information more specific to the efforts of Soros and his inexhaustible wealth:

The heavily Soros-funded American Civil Liberties Union and Brennan Center for Justice based in New York both served as consultants in drafting Amendment Four.

Soros’s Open Society Foundations donated $50 million to the ACLU. The Brennan Center has been the recipient of numerous grants from Soros’s Open Society Foundations totaling over $7,466,000 from 2000 to 2010 alone.

Desmond Meade, president of the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition, helped lead activism that put Florida’s Amendment Four on the ballot last year, including a news-making petition to restore voting rights to the released felons. His group is currently opposing efforts to require the former felons to pay their court fees prior to regaining their voting abilities.

“When I looked out of the plane, I said somewhere down there’s an imaginary line that divides Florida from Georgia. And it reminds me of the days of slavery when all a slave had to do was cross an imaginary line to get to freedom,” Meade said, comparing the ex-felon registration drive to the fight against slavery.

“And I said there is no way in hell in the 2000s should any American citizen have to escape another state to experience their freedom and their democracy.”

Meade’s official bio boasts that in his capacity at the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition, he has “orchestrated the reorganization and incorporation of a coalition comprised of over 70 state and national organizations and individuals”

Meade’s coalition, formed to help the ex-felon voting efforts, is comprised of numerous Soros-financed activist organizations, including the ACLU, NAACP, PICO National Network, and the Florida chapter of the radical League of Women Voters.

Breitbart

But let's also remember... there is a fantastic dope that has President Trump's attention who has blown smoke up the anuses of loads of Republicans by implying that these felons are our guys.

White House senior adviser Jared Kushner told Fox News that more ex-felons in Florida have registered as Republicans than those who are Democrats.

In a wide-ranging interview with host Laura Ingraham, President Donald Trump's son-in-law expressed his satisfaction at seeing the passage last year of the bipartisan criminal justice reform bill, called the First Step Act, which aims to reduce recidivism and help convicted felons reintegrate into society.
When Ingraham asked Kushner about it, he said: “One statistic that I found very pleasing, is that in Florida, they passed a law where former felons can now vote. We have more ex-felons registered as Republicans than Democrats.

Ingraham interrupted him to say, ”Woah, you have had more ex-felons register as Republicans than Democrats?”

Kushner replied: “That is the data that I have seen. I think that will surprise a lot of people when they see the new coalition that President Trump is building for what the Republican Party has the potential to be.”

It is unclear where Kushner got his data.

Newsweek

... Imagine going in front of the GOP and implying that the new Republican Party will be one of ex-cons, and that is the direction that we need to be going in.

This guy is either stupid or evil. Stupid to think that this is the case... or evil for underestimating the GOP and thinking that he can get away with parading out these devious & bizarre arguments.

If Kushner continues being a staple of the Trump administration, I am going to be holding my nose when I vote in 2020.
The idea that a felony conviction bars someone from being able to vote ever again - rather than just while they're in prison - is absurd to begin with, and ripe for abuse.

That said, I really don't see why Soros, or anyone else, registering people to vote who are legally allowed to vote is some sort of moral outrage. Especially when a felony conviction includes stuff like possession of marijuana - the sort of thing that plenty of Trump supporting Republicans would get in trouble for if the law was applied evenly.

Furthermore, coming from a party that prides itself on using every dirty trick in the book for the purposes of voter suppression, from ludicrous gerrymandering to strict voter ID laws that just so happen to disproportionately affect minority voters, your faux outrage is even more babyish and unbelievable.

Get a grip, Verv.
@Verv would probably be a felon if he got caught doing some of the shit he did while an alcoholic. This is just conservatives borrowing outrage culture to mask their naked desire to suppress voters. I think it's cool when people like Verv actually get upset about it though. I hope we one day have terrorist-only voting so that the ex-pats who have somehow become political boomers are too scared to come back.
Heisenberg wrote:The idea that a felony conviction bars someone from being able to vote ever again - rather than just while they're in prison - is absurd to begin with, and ripe for abuse.

It's absurd even while they are in prison.

The right to vote is a fundamental right in a democracy, it cannot be taken away by the majority without abolishing democracy itself.
Heisenberg wrote:Furthermore, coming from a party that prides itself on using every dirty trick in the book for the purposes of voter suppression, from ludicrous gerrymandering to strict voter ID laws that just so happen to disproportionately affect minority voters, your faux outrage is even more babyish and unbelievable.

They deliberately overcriminalized minor offences specifically to disenfranchise minorities and the poor. Felony disenfranchisement, from the black codes to the vagrancy laws to felony charges for simple possession, it's all class warfare. It is one of those dirty tricks.
Sivad wrote:They deliberately overcriminalized minor offences specifically to disenfranchise minorities and the poor. Felony disenfranchisement, from the black codes to the vagrancy laws to felony charges for simple possession, it's all class warfare.

Or the new Jim Crow, according to Michelle Alexander.
Lmao @ Verv just coming out and saying he supports voter suppression of black people and quoting Breitbart lmao.

JohnRawls wrote:Censored image of Soros circa 1933 when he was assisting Hitler:

This game is jankety but it's fun as fuck and it owns. Evil Genius, if anyone is interested. Graphics are a bit dated but they're cartoony enough that you won't be bothered by it.

The premise is that you're a cartoonish bond villain and you build your secret evil lair on a tropical island and then upgrade to an actual volcano island halfway through the game.

Red_Army wrote:Ya I think so. Good point @Finfinder. I'll donate to the Arm Felons party right fucking now.

Arming minorities, who have a higher felony conviction rate because of our racist justice system, is the fastest way to implement gun control so I support it.

Reagan passed gun laws in California as governor the second the Black Panthers started exercising their second amendment rights.
Sorry I missed all of these wonderful posts.

Heisenberg wrote:The idea that a felony conviction bars someone from being able to vote ever again - rather than just while they're in prison - is absurd to begin with, and ripe for abuse.

That said, I really don't see why Soros, or anyone else, registering people to vote who are legally allowed to vote is some sort of moral outrage. Especially when a felony conviction includes stuff like possession of marijuana - the sort of thing that plenty of Trump supporting Republicans would get in trouble for if the law was applied evenly.

Furthermore, coming from a party that prides itself on using every dirty trick in the book for the purposes of voter suppression, from ludicrous gerrymandering to strict voter ID laws that just so happen to disproportionately affect minority voters, your faux outrage is even more babyish and unbelievable.

Get a grip, Verv.

We have actually always caveated a lot of stuff with being in good standing. For instance, the 1790 Naturalization Act limited it to persons who were in good standing. And, of course, a quick perusal of the historic voting laws show that it was often limited to men who were propertied and meeting a certain level of pedigree.

Did you know that, to this day, there are crimes that will prevent you from receiving citizenship?.

This includes aggravated felonies -- crimes that involve prison sentences of a year or more.

Do we really want people who have committed felonies, who now can't legally own guns and who would not qualify to become citizens, casting votes?

Do they have the good character or standing to be allowed to vote?

Of course not -- and it's the simplest measure of all: committing a serious crime against our society.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Lmao @ Verv just coming out and saying he supports voter suppression of black people and quoting Breitbart lmao.

This game is jankety but it's fun as fuck and it owns. Evil Genius, if anyone is interested. Graphics are a bit dated but they're cartoony enough that you won't be bothered by it.

The premise is that you're a cartoonish bond villain and you build your secret evil lair on a tropical island and then upgrade to an actual volcano island halfway through the game.

Arming minorities, who have a higher felony conviction rate because of our racist justice system, is the fastest way to implement gun control so I support it.

Reagan passed gun laws in California as governor the second the Black Panthers started exercising their second amendment rights.

The joke is not funny if you need to explain.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Arming minorities, who have a higher felony conviction rate because of our racist justice system, is the fastest way to implement gun control so I support it.

Criminals aren't known for obeying laws.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]