Radical Muslim Democrat Disrespects 9/11 Attack On USA - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15001033
Ter wrote:Yes agreed, and they managed to keep their women under control.
In the West they are running helter skelter, exposing 98% of their bodies, many are cuckholding their husbands and so on and so forth.
In the typical Muslim household, no monkey business !
Al-Hamdullilah !


I think we really need a middle way.

When I think what I would want for my kids, I think about the life of my parents...

They should have the freedom to go on dates and perhaps burn a joint or two and enjoy some beers -- both boys and girls. Waiting for marriage should be the ideal, and the slip ups that happen should all be in long-term relationships and not one-night stands...

But then I suddenly think about how this quickly degraded into the moral anarchy that we have now, and wonder if the "middle path" I envision is actually just Stage I cancer. I guess I kind of struggle to compute this because no living human has enough experience or enough of a knowledge base to full peal back the layers and come to a wise conclusion.

But we know this:

Our ethical culture was a series of solutions to natural human problems that we had -- but we since forget the problems, and now when we cast off parts of our culture, we are casting off the solutions, and the problems are returning.

Best thing to do is to push back against the modern world and try to give the next generation the time & breathing space from liberal degeneration to get us back on track.
#15001068
Sivad wrote:I'd love to have some wingnut candidly explain their issue with the Muslims. Wingnuts don't give a fuck about savage repression and exploitation and most of them are religious fanatics so we know it's not that. So what gives, wingnuts, what exactly is your retarded beef with these people?


I'm only critical of these people as I am of any other groups of immigrants flooding into my city, not being able to speak the language, taking jobs and generally taking up space and resources.

And now Muslims, like Rep. Omar are being weaponized by liberals to agitate against the American conservatives. I am also against that.

But honestly, for most others their hatred of Muslims came from the brainwashing they received by mass media after after 9/11. Their issue with Muslims is based on the Israel-Palestine debate and the 9/11 attacks. Make no mistake.

This kind of stuff just red meat for old boomers and others who still get their news from legacy media.

Remember the Ground Zero mosque controversy? Boomers were all over that shit.

Image

Image

Image
#15001069
SSDR wrote:@Pants-of-dog, So going against wearing religious scarves is conservative?

Noemon Edit: Rule 2 Violation


It depends on the reasons for wanting to ban it, but in modern western societies, it is mainly done by conservatives who want to forbid the free expression of Islam.

——————————

Verv wrote:I am sure there were Nazi soldiers and Communist fighter pilots who took bullets and did amazing things overcoming their difficulties. I bet there are even some epic little Nazi girls and female suicide bombers who stared down the barrels of guns and chose the hard path -- the path less traveled.

Of course, no one would say that the exploits and bravery of these people justify their beliefs or ideologies.

Why does Malala justify the headscarf?


Once again, people fighting oppression are not comparable (on a moral level) to people who are fighting to oppress others.
#15001088
maz wrote:But honestly, for most others their hatred of Muslims came from the brainwashing they received by mass media after after 9/11. Their issue with Muslims is based on the Israel-Palestine debate and the 9/11 attacks. Make no mistake.

That's why we need to educate people. Its not like 9/11 came out of a clear blue sky (metaphorically speaking). Look at Muslim behaviour in Afghanistan, in Algeria, in Iran. Their hideous behaviour in Saudi Arabia, the storming of the Grand Mosque because Saudi had turned too Liberal.

And what about the African Embassy attacks, their behaviour in Somali, the terrible oppression of the South Sudanese? it just goes on and on. Muslim terror didn't start on 9/11. It had been going on for nearly 1400 years. The lesson is crystal clear. Every Muslim atrocity that goes unavenged just encourages more. And in the sick and twisted minds of the liberal leftie, anyone who doesn't pretend like none of this ever happened becomes the hate mongers.

The liberal lefties along with their cuckservatve friends like George W Bush have spent the years since 9/11 trying to gas light us.
Last edited by Rich on 25 Apr 2019 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
#15001090
It depends on the reasons for wanting to ban it, but in modern western societies, it is mainly done by conservatives who want to forbid the free expression of Islam.


Even if I grant that this charge is led by conservatives (and I don't though I support it) I object to your usual tactic of changing the debate to one about the "free expression of Islam".

I do not support the "free expression" of any religion when it crosses into the realm of oppression. Oppression comes in a wide variety of manifestations. When women are taught that they should protect themselves from the uncontrollable urges of men by wearing clothing that denies their sexuality, it is inconsistent with our libertarian beliefs. At least in the US.

Women are free to wear whatever they like but if they are placed under pressure to do this, it is not supportable.

And yes. If you insist on your moral equivalency arguments, even if it is a Christian shawl or some other irrelevant nonsense.

Then there is the inescapable fact that, unlike western countries, countries where Islam predominates have been unable to police the terrorists in their midst. Indeed some of these countries promote it. It is easy and accurate to say, taken as a group, Islam sucks at preventing extremism.
#15001109
@Pants-of-dog, But just because modern western conservatives want to ban Islamic scarves, doesn't mean that EVERYONE who is against it is "conservative." Where did you get this information from? What sources have claimed that EVERYONE who wants to forbid Islam, is conservative?

"Once again, people fighting oppression are not comparable (on a moral level) to people who are fighting to oppress others."

- Incorrect. Those "people" that you're referring to that are "fighting to "oppress" others" are fighting against oppression. Those "others" in your stance are oppressors. Oppressing the oppressors is liberation. Thus making your statement incorrect.
#15001113
Learn to use your computer Pants. Stop annoying the adults. Two of us have told you how to handle YOUR problem.
#15001122
I still think it's funny that you two are holding up Ilhan and her headscarf as an example of Muslim misogyny. The woman who ran her own successful Congressional campaign.

Like there are easier targets guys. Why are you picking the warzone refugee who seems to have acclimated pretty well to America?
#15001123
SSDR wrote:@Pants-of-dog, But just because modern western conservatives want to ban Islamic scarves, doesn't mean that EVERYONE who is against it is "conservative." Where did you get this information from? What sources have claimed that EVERYONE who wants to forbid Islam, is conservative?


I never claimed that everyone who was against headscarves was a conservative. Just most of them.

"Once again, people fighting oppression are not comparable (on a moral level) to people who are fighting to oppress others."

- Incorrect. Those "people" that you're referring to that are "fighting to "oppress" others" are fighting against oppression. Those "others" in your stance are oppressors. Oppressing the oppressors is liberation. Thus making your statement incorrect.


No, any honest historical analysis will show that certain groups have been historically oppressed and marginalised while their oppressors have not.

————————

Drlee wrote:Learn to use your computer Pants. Stop annoying the adults. Two of us have told you how to handle YOUR problem.


I am not sure what you are referring to.
#15001124
@Pants-of-dog, "Most," but not all. I am not included in that "most." There are many progressives that are against Islamic conquest, including myself for instance. Other progressives that are against Islam are Alice Schwarzer, and Oriana Fallaci. Enver Hoxha was also strongly against Islamic imperialism.

"No, any honest historical analysis will show that certain groups have been historically oppressed and marginalised while their oppressors have not."

So no Islamic nation has ever been oppressive? ISIS? Saudi Arabia? Ottoman Empire? Moslem communities in the Balkans? Pakistan? None of them are oppressive? ISIS is not an oppressor? Iraq oppressed ISIS, and ISIS is far more extreme than the state of Iraq. Oh, and I think Drlee was talking about you.
#15001129
Pants-of-dog wrote:I never claimed that everyone who was against headscarves was a conservative. Just most of them.

I am one of the conservatives that like to see a women wear a head scarf or neck scarf when used in moderation. However, it gets very boring when they are worn so much, like Muslim women do.
#15001131
Hindsite wrote:I am one of the conservatives that like to see a women wear a head scarf or neck scarf when used in moderation. However, it gets very boring when they are worn so much, like Muslim women do.


Public modesty is most becoming in a woman, and ''boring'' hardly fits into the situation. I have no problem with head and neck covering. Here are Orthodox Christian ''Old Believer'' women from Russia;

Image
#15001136
SSDR wrote:@Pants-of-dog, "Most," but not all. I am not included in that "most." There are many progressives that are against Islamic conquest, including myself for instance. Other progressives that are against Islam are Alice Schwarzer, and Oriana Fallaci. Enver Hoxha was also strongly against Islamic imperialism.


You do not seem progressive to me, but my opinion is irrelevant.

Perhaps you should clarify exactly why you think headscarves are bad, and what we should do about it.

"No, any honest historical analysis will show that certain groups have been historically oppressed and marginalised while their oppressors have not."


Okay, here is a little trick you can use.

Look at the top right corner of my post. You will see three things:
-a thumbs up with the word “like” beside it.
-a little gear with an arrow
-two speech balloons.

If you hit the two speech balloons, it will open a page where you can reply directly to my post and all my words will already be quoted in that post. I also automatically get a notification.

Let me know if you have any problems and I can help you out!

So no Islamic nation has ever been oppressive? ISIS? Saudi Arabia? Ottoman Empire? Moslem communities in the Balkans? Pakistan? None of them are oppressive? ISIS is not an oppressor? Iraq oppressed ISIS, and ISIS is far more extreme than the state of Iraq.


I never claimed that Islamic nations could not be oppressive. In fact, I think Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship that we should cut all ties with.

Would you say that the Islamic oppressors during the Armenian genocide (for example) were just as oppressed as the Armenians in that moment?

Oh, and I think Drlee was talking about you.


That is odd. @Drlee did not quote me as far as I can tell, since I never received a notification. Nor did he use the user mention command that I just used to let him know we were discussing him.
#15001138
@annatar1914, I would be a bit careful when saying that the Old Believers or any Western people who continue this kind of practice into the 21st century are doing a good thing. Modesty, yes, absolutely. Head coverings when entering the Church? This is debatable... but, of course, there is zero reason to insist that a woman who does this is in the wrong.

But when Christian men start saying all of us regular Christians must grow beards, or when they say women should cover their hair all the time, they are actually overstepping their bounds. It is absolutely OK if someone comes up with this rule for themselves and perhaps advocates it to others, but creating a cultural norm where we make it out that every single person has to abide by some unnecessarily strict standard ends up exhausting people & running them into the ground, and it can create more hypocrisy and meanness in the religion.

I say... Let your teenage daughters get a short haircut and wear jeans. Let your teenage son grow his hair way too long and wear metal shirts. Let folks be a bit wild and have a lot of room to play, and emphasize only what is necessary in terms of modesty. People need a lot of room to breath. Yes, this room can sometimes let them go too far astray, but if the moral essentials are emphasized, it is for the best. When we pile things on top of each other and come up with stringent protocols it can kill the spirit of people.

Our religion is not legalistic and when people make it legalistic we should not applaud them. Standards are GREAT, but we have only the necessary standard that exists on a spiritual level, and not the legalistic one.

And more specifically: the Old Believers are very extreme in their other interpretations of reality and even if we can say that there are admirable asepcts they ultimately say that every Orthodox Priest today & Bishop is basically completely wrong and have no power of the sacraments. This undermines the efficacy of the Church and is a dangerous precedent.
#15001203
SSDR wrote:@skinster, Headscarves oppress women, and are a symbol of patriarchy.


I'll be sure to tell the members of my family and friends who choose to wear the headscarf for religious/cultural reasons that they're being oppressed because someone on the internet said so. :D

skinster wrote:[no one-liners - Prosthetic Conscience, mod]


Ah. In that case there were five one-liners right before my post that you moderated, and some one-liners since, in case you're busy hunting one-liner posts ITT. :)
#15001212
skinster wrote:I'll be sure to tell the members of my family and friends who choose to wear the headscarf for religious/cultural reasons that they're being oppressed because someone on the internet said so. :D


You might mention it to the Queen too. She's head of the Church of England
#15001213
@skinster, So you feel that if someone wants to be a slave, they should be a slave? You are supporting slavery now?

@Pants-of-dog Headscarves are a symbol of religion, ignorance, and patriarchy. And I am "not" progressive because I don't support ISIS?

And the Turkish Moslem oppressors who did the Armenian Genocide were not oppressed themselves. The Moslem Turks were the oppressive leaders.
#15001217
SSDR wrote:@skinster, So you feel that if someone wants to be a slave, they should be a slave? You are supporting slavery now?


I'm saying I know women who wear the headscarf for religious and cultural reasons and they're not being oppressed by such because someone on the internet thinks they know everything.

That's all. :lol:

I mean, I'm not a fan of them in particular but they also don't trigger me either because I think to each their own, you know? Do you ever consider things like how what other people wear is none of your business and to maybe live and let live since focusing hard on what other people wear/do isn't or shouldn't be that interesting for you? #AskingForAFrand
#15001222
Verv wrote:But when Christian men start saying all of us regular Christians must grow beards, or when they say women should cover their hair all the time, they are actually overstepping their bounds. It is absolutely OK if someone comes up with this rule for themselves and perhaps advocates it to others, but creating a cultural norm where we make it out that every single person has to abide by some unnecessarily strict standard ends up exhausting people & running them into the ground, and it can create more hypocrisy and meanness in the religion.


Says the guy who wants to will homosexuality out of existence through societal consensus and cries if you call him a bigot for believing gays are evil.
  • 1
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 25

Well, @Godstud how dare you burst the bubble of[…]

do you have any proof that they are being persecu[…]

@ingliz Please read my definition of hierarchy[…]