Racism - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Is Racism a mark for a lack of education or intelligence?

Lack of Education
3%
Lack of Intelligence
8%
Both
28%
Neither
36%
Other
26%
By Suntzu
Modern man developed in Africa about 200,000 years ago. About 80,000 years ago one population moved out of Africa. This became the Caucasians and Orientals. Life was much different for them than their African brothers. They interbred with Neanderthals. Then about 40,000 years later the Orientals splits. We know by observing other species that populations when separated develop differently. The ability to run fast is useful in Africa. Living in a cold climate requires planning and organization.
By Hindsite
Suntzu wrote:Modern man developed in Africa about 200,000 years ago. About 80,000 years ago one population moved out of Africa. This became the Caucasians and Orientals. Life was much different for them than their African brothers. They interbred with Neanderthals. Then about 40,000 years later the Orientals splits. We know by observing other species that populations when separated develop differently. The ability to run fast is useful in Africa. Living in a cold climate requires planning and organization.

After the Flood, God commanded humanity to "increase in number and fill the earth" (Genesis 9:1). Humanity decided to do the exact opposite, “Then they said, ‘Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth’” (Genesis 11:4).

God confused the languages of humanity so that they could no longer communicate with each other (Genesis 11:7). The result was that people congregated with other people who spoke the same language, and then went together and settled in other parts of the world (Genesis 11:8-9). God confused the languages at the Tower of Babel to enforce His command for humanity to spread throughout the entire world.

Praise the Lord.
By SolarCross
Godstud wrote::lol: Did you consult your crystal ball, or did you check the stars?

I don't use your methods.
By Godstud
So you have no methods. You just make it up. Explanation accepted.
By SolarCross
Godstud wrote:So you have no methods. You just make it up. Explanation accepted.

My method is observation and extrapolation what is yours?
By Godstud
Same, but you won't believe that because you've already decided you're right, despite there not being proof of it. :knife:
By SolarCross
Godstud wrote:Same, but you won't believe that because you've already decided you're right, despite there not being proof of it. :knife:

You are talking about yourself again. The facts of genetic diversity are that it tends to increase over time not just for humans but all DNA based lifeforms. The one thing that narrows things down is extinction events. Once we leave earth and start colonising the solar system and then the other star systems there will be some very profound genetic isolations occurring and environmental adaptions which will clearly result in a hard increase in genetic diversity. That is not to mention that conscious genetic engineering will be increasingly used to radically further diversify.

Now perhaps you can explain why you believe that humans will go backwards into increasing homogeneity? Noemon Edit: Rule 2 Violation
Last edited by SolarCross on 30 Apr 2019 12:59, edited 2 times in total.
By Godstud
Since you can hardly remain civil, I choose not to respond to your request.
By SolarCross
Godstud wrote:Since you can hardly remain civil, I choose not to respond to your request.

Then you concede I am right by default.
By Godstud
Nope. I do not concede you are right. I just don't choose to cast pearls before swine.
By SolarCross
Godstud wrote:Nope. I do not concede you are right. I just don't choose to cast pearls before swine.

Just admit it you have nothing. :lol:
By Suntzu
Hindsite wrote:After the Flood, God commanded humanity to "increase in number and fill the earth" (Genesis 9:1). Humanity decided to do the exact opposite, “Then they said, ‘Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth’” (Genesis 11:4).

God confused the languages of humanity so that they could no longer communicate with each other (Genesis 11:7). The result was that people congregated with other people who spoke the same language, and then went together and settled in other parts of the world (Genesis 11:8-9). God confused the languages at the Tower of Babel to enforce His command for humanity to spread throughout the entire world.

Praise the Lord.

Yep, Earth is 6,000 years old and the Egyptians were building the pyramids about the time of the great flood. :lol:
By Truth To Power
Suntzu wrote:3a : an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species
also : a taxonomic category (such as a subspecies) representing such a group
b : breed

That's not what people generally mean by race. It could describe people with the gene for CF.
c : a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits
Like dwarfs or albinos? No.

Let me offer a better definition: race is a statistical cluster of visible phenotypes observed in people whose ancestors originated in a specific geographic area that distinguishes them from people whose ancestors originated in other areas. Racism can be defined as the belief that these clusters of visible phenotypes are associated either statistically or causally with differences in behavior.
By Truth To Power
Suntzu wrote:I can buy that. You figure Kenyans behave differently than Norwegians? :)

Yes, they indisputably do, and some portion of that difference is probably genetic. Given the speed of the human brain's evolution, it would be weird if two such physically different and long-geographically-separated populations had exactly the same genetic neurological characteristics.
By Truth To Power
Suntzu wrote:The ability to run fast is useful in Africa.

I suspect resistance to tropical diseases and parasites is more important. That means it is better to roll the genetic dice more frequently than to invest a lot in raising each child. Outside the tropics, the economic burden of having to feed, house, and clothe a lot of kids each winter is too onerous if you are limited to pre-agricultural Stone Age technology.
Living in a cold climate requires planning and organization.

Right. Given our lack of fur and long evolutionary history in the tropics, surviving winter at higher latitude basically requires technology and planning, as well as accumulation and transmission of knowledge.

In particular, note that effective planning requires accurate prediction. Intelligence can be defined as the ability to understand. To understand something means to have an accurate internal model or representation of it. An internal model or representation is accurate if it can predict the phenomenon it represents. Outside the tropics, ability to predict how the environment will change through the seasons would give more intelligent Stone Age humans a significant survival advantage over the less intelligent.
By Verv
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is vague.

As it has to be.

You see, I fully assent to the idea that there is not a hard break between any groups of humans that we can absolutely point to as a singular distinction between the two. Yet, they are clearly distinct because we can very reliably distinguish between people whose grandparents were black Africans and people whose grandparents were all from China.

So, it is a difference, but in some places it can become foggy.

None of this is an argument. It is merely your opinion about my debating style.

I do not think of each point as an individual argument, but as an individual topic.

This is not your original position.

Your original position was that the differenxes between the races are so distinct and clear, and some races are clearly more advantageous to have around and that this is a rational reason for racism.

If you are now conceding that original argument and now are advocating this very different argument, okay.

You do not understand what is meant: I am here to point out that our genetic predispositions affect who we are, and that this comes from our heritage; whatever we call the lines of transmission of our genetics is irrelevant.

It is obvious and true that genetics has an effect on us.

No one ever disputed this.

And, as it is true that some people are born to be tall, some people are born with sets of genes that can make them superior athletes, correct?

Our characteristics are often have a basis in our genetics, correct?
By Pants-of-dog
Verv wrote:As it has to be.

You see, I fully assent to the idea that there is not a hard break between any groups of humans that we can absolutely point to as a singular distinction between the two. Yet, they are clearly distinct because we can very reliably distinguish between people whose grandparents were black Africans and people whose grandparents were all from China.

So, it is a difference, but in some places it can become foggy.

The fact that you can see different skin colours does not provide a scientific basis for race.

And it is still vague.

You do not understand what is meant: I am here to point out that our genetic predispositions affect who we are, and that this comes from our heritage; whatever we call the lines of transmission of our genetics is irrelevant.

Are you abandoning your old argument that the differences between the races are distinct and clear, and some races are clearly more advantageous to have around and that this is a rational reason for racism?

Yes or no?

And, as it is true that some people are born to be tall, some people are born with sets of genes that can make them superior athletes, correct?

Our characteristics are often have a basis in our genetics, correct?

It is obvious and true that genetics has an effect on us.

No one ever disputed this.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Killing people and getting brother to fight br[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]