Is Israel's Annexing of the Golan Heights Similar to Russia's Annexing of Crimea? - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

colliric wrote:Therefore, because of you, Sion shall be ploughed as a field, and Jerusalem shall be as a heap of stones, and the mountain of the temple as the high places of the forests.

(Micah 3:12 DRV)

....and I picked one of the more tame Destruction of Jerusalem verses.....

Which is Funny because everyone knows the Bible describes the prophetic Destruction of Jerusalem a heck of alot more than any other place. Both the Babylonian destruction and in the NT the Roman(/Future if you are Protestant) destruction.

We will always have unlearned and unstable people, entire heretical sects of them in fact, twisting Scripture. But my God... This particular segment of American Baby Boomer Christian Zionism is all the more odious because their support for more chaos and mayhem in the world actually results in large numbers of people killed and many more lives ruined... Not to mention souls.
annatar1914 wrote:See, this is the kind of insane and vicious ''prophesy'' talk that surely is the hallmark of the Fallen Archangel, because you are basically-again-calling for the destruction of a city and it's people in order to fulfill your End-Times theories. Funny (as in ''funny'' sick) that all these prophesies from Scripture are shoehorned into our present timeline based on a very flimsy and unbiblical understanding of prophesy itself.

The prophesy talk was from Isaiah in the Holy Bible. Isaiah is a prophet of God not the fallen Archangel.

annatar1914 wrote:Oh you would be so excited to see more destruction and death, wouldn't you?

No. Destruction and death does not excite me. I am excited by the resurrection and the life.

annatar1914 wrote:Here's a Protestant Evangelical source refuting your false prophesy against the people of Modern-Day Damascus, from Americanvision.org;

It is yet to be determined that Isaiah is a false prophet. I believe Isaiah is a true prophet of God.

annatar1914 wrote:I place in bold what DeMar wrote about the historical record concerning the destruction of Damascus. Essentially, it already has happened, thousands of years ago by the Assyrians, and it wasn't ''forever''.

Some believe the passage refers to Assyria back in the 8th century B.C. However, Isaiah 17:12-14 warns several nations instead of just one.

The Lord will rebuke the attacking nations and will rout them according to Isaiah 17:13.

Jeremiah 49:24, 27 says “Damascus has grown feeble... I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, And it shall consume the palaces of Ben-Hadad."

Damascus is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. It has never been turned into a ruinous heap. That means God’s word to Isaiah is still waiting to be fulfilled. And the prophecy is so specific that it even speaks of destroying the king’s palace. Currently that is the residence of Syria’s president, Bashar Assad.

"Prophecy Update: Destruction of Damascus"
The Bible also predicted that Jesus would return "soon..." more than 1900 years ago....

Soon to us, is not the same as soon to God. We live generally at most 100 years, and our lives are brief, yours and mine included. Something to think about.

The Bible also states that the stars fall to Earth like fig leaves, meaning the idiot who wrote Revelation had no clue what a star was....

You're talking nonsense. The Bible uses the symbolic figure of ''stars'' to represent Angelic and/or Spiritual figures, so the ''fall of stars'' represents the downfall morally and spiritually of Angels and Clergy.
No. Destruction and death does not excite me. I am excited by the resurrection and the life.

It must excite you, the way you froth at the mouth talking about non-christians dying to satisfy your views on Eschatology.

It is yet to be determined that Isaiah is a false prophet. I believe Isaiah is a true prophet of God.

St. Isaiah the Prophet was of the House of David, Prophesied His Cousin Christ in exact terms, he was no false prophet, although the Jews sawed him in half for the things he said against them. But you twist some of what he wrote.

Some believe the passage refers to Assyria back in the 8th century B.C. However, Isaiah 17:12-14 warns several nations instead of just one.

Assyria was a brutal and militaristic empire, and God used them to crush many heathen peoples, and they at last were crushed themselves (although the Assyrians are Christians today)

The Lord will rebuke the attacking nations and will rout them according to Isaiah 17:13.

He always does, and always will, but it does not mean that the prophesy in question applies to today's events, because it doesn't.

Jeremiah 49:24, 27 says “Damascus has grown feeble... I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, And it shall consume the palaces of Ben-Hadad."

''Ben-Hadad'' was the name of a dynasty of Syrian kings, a throne name. Those palaces haven't existed for thousands of years, showing again that the prophesy was fulfilled in the era of Tiglath-Pileser, when he destroyed Damascus and many other cities in the region in yet another Assyrian war campaign.

Damascus is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. It has never been turned into a ruinous heap.

Bullshit. I just showed you an article explaining that Damascus has been destroyed before.

That means God’s word to Isaiah is still waiting to be fulfilled.

Wrong.

And the prophecy is so specific that it even speaks of destroying the king’s palace.

Yes, the Palace of ''Ben-Hadad'' (''son of Hadad'', the Syrian storm god) who was KING of Syria, not President of Syria. You folks interpret the Bible literally only when it suits you, not necessarily when the text calls for it.

Currently that is the residence of Syria’s president, Bashar Assad.

That's one of the stupidest things i've heard in a while. President Assad does not live in the long-destroyed palace of King Ben-Hadad, but in a quite modern residence, younger than our American White House.

So again, Hindsite is never wrong, right? :roll:
skinster wrote:A bit late for that comment considering the events of last year; you came, we saw, you failed.

It is not too late. There is plenty of time for that palace in Syria to be blown to bits.
Also the USA is a permanent member of the UN Security Council.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/AndyVermaut/status/1111311254772047873

A bit late for that comment considering the events of last year; you came, we saw, you failed.

@skinster , you'll have to forgive Hindsite; he suffers from the delusion that the Syrian Presidential Palace is the same one that was to be destroyed along with Damascus, from the prophesy made by St. Isaiah in Scripture. He refuses to accept that the Assyrians under Tiglath-Pileser III fulfilled that prophesy, destroying the Palace of King Ben-Hadad along with Damascus back then thousands of years ago. He refuses to accept this because he worships Israel and the Jews, and considers the people of the Middle East to be demonic sub-humans (it's a transfer and projection of latent anti-semitism from Jews to Arabs). Actually, all of this lunacy is followed by him and others not so much because they love Israel and the Jews, as their twisted perception of the End Times makes them think that they will cheat regular mortal death in a matter of years, decades at the most. So in their Satanic thinking, the worse it gets for everyone else, especially in the Middle East, the better.

I cannot emphasize enough how much I loathe and despise these false and heretical teachings, taught to them by pastoral wolves in sheep's clothing who will burn in hell for all time.

I am an Orthodox Christian, I do not follow this sick madness, and I think that the good people of the Middle East understand that this small and sick heretical cult is not representative of the faith of Jesus Christ.
skinster wrote:I get it anna, I know Christians who are on the same page too and not weirdo apocalypse freaks like SOME PEOPLE. :D

I feel sorry for them, they have allied themselves to a people who are more like Amalek than Israel, who are absolutely Antichrist, hating Jesus Christ... And with all that, supporting them so they in their soft American Bourgeoisie lives can be beamed up during the End Times and escape any kind of death and suffering like the rest of us. It really doesn't get more twisted than that, and they don't realize their own betrayal of the One they claim to follow.

Here's how much ''Israel'' hates Jesus of Nazareth;

annatar1914 wrote:I feel sorry for them, they have allied themselves to a people who are more like Amalek than Israel, who are absolutely Antichrist, hating Jesus Christ... And with all that, supporting them so they in their soft American Bourgeoisie lives can be beamed up during the End Times and escape any kind of death and suffering like the rest of us. It really doesn't get more twisted than that, and they don't realize their own betrayal of the One they claim to follow.

Here's how much ''Israel'' hates Jesus of Nazareth;

There are people in every nation that mock and hate Jesus the Christ. Israel and the USA are no different. It has become clear to me that we are living in the Last Days when the Temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt and the man of sin will appear and demand worship and there will be mockers also.
HalleluYah
There are people in every nation that mock and hate Jesus the Christ.

Yes, but these people are organized around the principle, as far as they are concerned, that Jesus of Nazareth was a Sorcerer who led all Israel astray, and that their alleged ancestors did nothing wrong in putting him to death. And you support them fanatically, knowing all this that they hate Him and they hate you.

Israel and the USA are no different.

You're more right than you realize.

It has become clear to me that we are living in the Last Days when the Temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt and the man of sin will appear and demand worship and there will be mockers also.

QED.

Anything terrible and you wash your hands, laying up to what you think is the fulfillment of your interpretation of Scripture, so you can escape suffering and death while cheering from the sidelines...
SSDR wrote:@Ter, No land should be claimed by any ultranationalist. That is used to control people.

Only capitalists believe in "finders keepers losers wheepers."

I do not know offhand why Russia took Abkhazia and South Ossetia but the Crimea was a strategic necessity as their black fleet navy is stationed there and the US arranged a coup d'etat in Ukraine.
Kosovo was taken by Nato for so-called humanitarian causes and the Golan by Israel for strategic reasons.
I don't see a lot of nationalism involved here, or capitalism for that matter.

None of those territories is going to be given back to their previous owners.
Ever.
Ter wrote:I do not know offhand why Russia took Abkhazia and South Ossetia but the Crimea was a strategic necessity as their black fleet navy is stationed there and the US arranged a coup d'etat in Ukraine.
Kosovo was taken by Nato for so-called humanitarian causes and the Golan by Israel for strategic reasons.

Ever.

Yes, all of these actions make sense from a geopolitical perspective. But, people are much more involved in these conflicts than from just a mere geopolitical perspective. They're invested into these lands for a multitude of reasons.

I'm a little different. I totally understand why Israel will never willingly give up the Golan Heights, I get their strategic considerations even if I don't accept Zionism personally.
annatar1914 wrote:Soon to us, is not the same as soon to God. We live generally at most 100 years, and our lives are brief, yours and mine included. Something to think about.

You're talking nonsense. The Bible uses the symbolic figure of ''stars'' to represent Angelic and/or Spiritual figures, so the ''fall of stars'' represents the downfall morally and spiritually of Angels and Clergy.

LMAO...

So "soon" does mean MORE THAN 1900 YEARS from now... or at least it does NOW....

because it DIDN'T in the PAST when "Christians" were 100% WRONG over and over and over again on this very subject.

Indeed, the "Crusades" were over the very same issue, and in year 980, the largest denomination of "Christian" was predicting the ancient version of David Koresh would float down from the clouds in the year 1000...

How any human with a working brain could still fall for this utterly ridiculous bullshit is beyond me.

Only one demographic observed this fraud when he actually lived, the Jewish demographic, and they reject him and consider him a fraud, and those whose ancestors never got near this guy are absolutely certain that those who actually observed him are wrong about him, because they parrot and sing songs every Sunday....

I challenge ANYONE to interpret the passage from Revelation as anything but proof the author (John via an angel via "God") had NO CLUE AT ALL what a STAR was....

https://biblehub.com/revelation/6-13.htm

New International Version
and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

New Living Translation
Then the stars of the sky fell to the earth like green figs falling from a tree shaken by a strong wind.

English Standard Version
and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.

Berean Study Bible
and the stars of the sky fell to the earth like unripe figs dropping from a tree shaken by a great wind.

Berean Literal Bible
and the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs, being shaken by a great wind.

New American Standard Bible
and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind.

King James Bible
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Christian Standard Bible
the stars of heaven fell to the earth as a fig tree drops its unripe figs when shaken by a high wind;
Ter wrote:I do not know offhand why Russia took Abkhazia and South Ossetia but the Crimea was a strategic necessity as their black fleet navy is stationed there and the US arranged a coup d'etat in Ukraine.

Ever.

No nationality needs to get any of "their land" back. One's life is one's life, and their lives are in destined by the economics that they are living under. If one wants to live comfortably, they need to work as hard as they have the ability to.

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]