Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 55 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
jimjam wrote:positively brilliant...………. straight from your Master's Voice, Sean and Rush.

I knew you would love the simple truth. :lol:
By jimjam
$16,000,000,000 to bail out farmers (mostly giant agri corporations) from the downside of Obese Donald's easy to win trade war. Add that to last year's $12,000,000,000 and we have another $28,000,000,000 added to the Trump Deficit.

and, hey ………….

How about Obese Donald's Academy Award level performance yesterday designed to duck actually getting something done that would help all or most Americans by shoring up our rotting infrastructure …..
jimjam wrote:$16,000,000,000 to bail out farmers (mostly giant agri corporations) from the downside of Obese Donald's easy to win trade war. Add that to last year's $12,000,000,000 and we have another $28,000,000,000 added to the Trump Deficit.

Yes, but that's easily offset by tariff revenues. We could balance the budget sooner if we cut spending and raise tariffs.

jimjam wrote:How about Obese Donald's Academy Award level performance yesterday designed to duck actually getting something done that would help all or most Americans by shoring up our rotting infrastructure …..

Awesome. It will be interesting to see what comes out now that Barr can declassify all the Russian investigation stuff. Should be fun!
Instead of the competent leadership required to shore up America's crumbling infrastructure, the $ required for the job was handed out to billionaires in the form of a tax cut and our stable genius POTUS staged a grade B drama pretend infrastructure meeting.

Unsurprisingly Obese Donald's Infrastructure Tantrum called into question his deteriorating mental condition. This motivated our Very Stable Genius POTUS to stage a performance the next day to illustrate his awesome stability. He proceeded to counter Pelosi’s claim that he had “flipped out” and had a “tempter tantrum” at Wednesday’s aborted meeting by insisting he had been calm. “I was so calm. I was extremely calm.”

Lest there was any remaining doubt that he was entirely calm in the face of Pelosi’s provocations, he paraded in front of the cameras a long line of White House staffers including his counselor Kellyanne Conway, strategic communications chief Mercedes Schlapp, press secretary Sarah Sanders and others and invited them to provide eye-witness accounts of his calmness.

Conway: “Very calm … you were very calm.”

Sanders: “Very calm.”

Schlapp: “You were very calm.”

“I couldn’t have been more calm,” Trump concluded. In the course of the function Trump had uttered the word “calm” in a preternaturally calm voice to America’s bemused farmers and ranchers no fewer than nine times.

He then called Pelosi “Crazy Nancy” before immediately regretting it. “I don’t want to say ‘Crazy Nancy’ because if I say that you’re going to say it’s a copy of ‘Crazy Bernie’ and that’s no good.”

Sure is great to see the POTUS has his priorities lined up correctly, way more important than fixing America's infrastructure is the quest to name Crazy Nancy or Crazy Bernie.
By jimjam
Obese Donald's deal making "art" consists of a game where his opponent is, eventually, humiliated. This works ok when making a deal with a rug installing company for the latest Trump monstrosity, especially when a hundred or so Trump lawyers are waiting in the wings. It don't work so good, however, on the world stage where Obese Donald's Lawyer Battalion is meaningless.

Mr. Trump has handed Xi Jinping a remarkably effective nationalist card to play at a time when he has been under pressure at home because of a slowing economy. The Chinese media is now full of accounts of the country’s economic resilience and appeals to patriotism, even invoking the spirit of the Korean War, when, according to the official narrative, China was able to stare down the vastly superior American military.

Days after Obese Donald's tweeting, China listed three “red lines,” positions the United States had taken in the trade talks that were unacceptable: First, that it would keep tariffs in place for a period after the proposed trade agreement was signed. Second, that it could impose punitive tariffs if it judged China to be in violation of the agreement, and that China would be forbidden from retaliating with its own tariffs. Third, the ever-inflating expectations of the terms under which Beijing would buy American goods under a proposed bilateral purchasing agreement.

These “red lines” were new. Before that, China’s negotiating team had a fully flexible remit from the leadership. But not anymore. Now that these three lines are in the public domain, there is no way Chinese leaders can yield on them. The leaks of large parts of the negotiating text to the American news media has added a new level of toxicity, making it virtually impossible to return to the existing text as a basis of negotiations. Together with recent moves against the Chinese telecom company Huawei presumably intended to pressure Beijing further, the possibility of negotiating a revised agreement that is more accommodating to American interests is now very slim.
I love watching liberals rant and rave and drool and wet themselves.

It pleases me...
jimjam wrote:The things that matter — housing, health care, child care, education, secure retirement — have become all but unaffordable for the vast majority of Americans. Most families don’t have enough saved to weather even a minor financial setback without going into hock. The employment numbers hide the underemployment statistics and labor force participation rates. The job market is not "booming" when highly educated people are working retail or waiting tables. This kind of pervasive underemployment is why the inflation rate has not budged, despite the official "low" rate of unemployment. Most people are scared.

The bottom line is that more people are working than ever before. You can complain about that all you want, but it doesn't make it untrue...

I don't expect inflation to show up any time soon with the major exceptions of CEO salaries, medical costs and tuition increases. Young people are imprisoned in their parents' basements in student debt peonage at a time in their lives when they should be out shopping, making babies, and buying houses and durable goods. Why does no-one consider the extreme disparity of wealth that has been developing as the reason that inflation has stayed low?

You will never, ever make someone rich by making someone else poor.

You want us to believe that we have poor people in this country because we have rich people in this country. That's utterly ridiculous and wholly unworthy of genuine consideration. I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better. But I didn't get this way by demanding that I get someone else's money. I worked for it. I worked hard for it. And the very idea that my success should finance someone else's complacency and laziness is offensive to any thinking person.

The disparity of wealth in this country exists because too many millennials were raised with an entitlement attitude which tells them they shouldn't have to work for what they want...

What we need is an increase in the minimum wage, more unions, a real infrastructure plan to rebuild roads, schools, ports, hospitals, airports, high speed trains, public transportation, reducing student debt, and more policies that put money in workers' pockets. Giving more money to the wealthy who already have everything they need is useless.

What will raising the minimum wage accomplish? If I'm forced to pay an employee $5 more an hour, I can promise you: That five bucks isn't coming out of my bottom line. It's going to come from increased prices and fees. Period. And if people don't want to pay those increased prices and fees and take their business elsewhere? Well, I guess I'll be in the unfortunate position of having to let people go.

Any guesses on who's going to be shown the door first? That's right, kids, the people who do the least for the company; those earning minimum wage.

I have people who get paid much more than minimum wage. You wanna' know why? Because they've earned it. They've proven their value to the company. I tell my people that I will happily pay them more. But if they don't want a minimum wage job, they shouldn't have only minimum wage skills. Sadly, that's exactly the case for many of them.

I am, I'm sure, very wealthy by your standards. I have very nice things. I live in a very nice house, in a very nice neighborhood. I drive very nice cars and wear very nice clothes. I dine in very nice restaurants and usually fly first class.

And I worked my ass off for every last bit of it.

I've never had college debt (I joined the military out of high school) and, if I did, I wouldn't dream of asking anyone to forgive it. Someone who willingly took on debt to finance their education made a choice, and they should be expected to live with both the benefits and the ramifications of that choice. Schools? Roads? High speed rail? Should that all come out of my pocket simply because I have more than you?

I think not...
By jimjam
Global bond prices have soared, driving interest rates down sharply. Ten-year Treasury bonds are yielding only 2.22 percent as of midday Wednesday, down a full percentage point since November 2018. A 30-day Treasury bill is currently yielding 2.35 percent — meaning you can earn more on your money tying it up for a month risk-free than you can tying it up for a full decade. This is not normal. It is called an inverted yield curve, and historically it has been viewed as a sign of a recession in the offing.

Additionally, there have been signs that the world’s two largest economies might not simply have tensions and a few tariffs, but could be heading toward a broader split.

The time leading up to the 1929 stock market crash (and with it, the depression) were preceded by a booming economy (the roaring 20's). Could history be repeating itself here?

It is, however, premature to assume that a recession or a geopolitical crisis is imminent. You could imagine that U.S.-China relations will enter another period of détente, with the Federal Reserve taking a precautionary interest rate cut, and that the economy and markets will once again be off to the races.

This, for Obese Donald fans, is really really deep thinking. They are generally happy with the thought that there are lots of folks out there making $8 @hr. moving burgers and fries over the counter (They call it "full employment"). Health insurance? Good luck suckers :lol: .
jimjam wrote:They are generally happy with the thought that there are lots of folks out there making $8 @hr. moving burgers and fries over the counter (They call it "full employment"). Health insurance? Good luck suckers :lol: .

Why should they be paid more?

The person responsible for this sandwich is making minimum wage. Why would you pay him more?

That person should be fired, not given a raise.

If you don't want minimum wage, don't have only minimum wage skills...
Rugoz wrote::eh:

US employment rate:
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... yment-rate

Fair catch. I was making the point with regards to blacks and Latinos, who are seeing historically low unemployment, and in the midst of erasing this and adding that I posted what I did. Mea culpa...

True, and his bosses should be executed for poisoning the general public.

His bosses aren't poisoning anyone. No one is forcing people to go buy this garbage. I don't know of anyone who orders a Filet-O-Fish at McDonald's and believes they're eating healthy...
By Torus34
The first relatively independent analysis of the tax cuts often presented by the Republicans as their major accomplishment is available. It appears that rather than paying for themselves, the return is roughly 5% of the cost.

Corporations, though, did very, very well, as did the uber-wealthy.

Cry, my beloved country.
By jimjam
We get taxed twice!

First with the tariffs. And then with the payments to farmers and anyone hit by the retaliatory tariffs.

Trade wars are "Easy to win." Hmmmm :hmm: Not so easy after all.

Mexico will pay for a wall. :hmm: still waiting.

Tax reductions for corporations and billionaires will "trickle down" and help everybody. ….. Social Security and Medicare are "unsustainable". Whoops :eek: ………. wrong kind of trickle.

Boy …. wouldn't it be cool to see Obese Donald's tax returns and take a peek at the truth.
jimjam wrote:We get taxed twice!

First with the tariffs. And then with the payments to farmers and anyone hit by the retaliatory tariffs.

Trade wars are "Easy to win." Hmmmm :hmm: Not so easy after all.

Mexico will pay for a wall. :hmm: still waiting.

Tax reductions for corporations and billionaires will "trickle down" and help everybody. ….. Social Security and Medicare are "unsustainable". Whoops :eek: ………. wrong kind of trickle.

Boy …. wouldn't it be cool to see Obese Donald's tax returns and take a peek at the truth.

Trump Says U.S. Will Hit Mexico With 5% Tariffs on All Goods

President Trump said Thursday that he would impose a 5 percent tariff on all imported goods from Mexico beginning June 10, a tax that would “gradually increase” until the flow of undocumented immigrants across the border stopped.

The announcement, which Mr. Trump made on his Twitter feed, said the tariffs would be in place “until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/30/us/p ... riffs.html

Trump is definitely a genius.
Praise the Lord.
Beren wrote:Sad thing is that it doesn't take a genius to con America.

I agree, that is what the Democrats and their fake news media have been doing for over two years. But those that are near geniuses, like myself, were not conned at all.
Praise the Lord.
I wonder if any other country could ever produce such con men as Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, and Trump. I wouldn't call them geniuses, but they all had or have the talent. All politicians are con men, of course, but Republican US presidents are the greatest.
Beren wrote:I wonder if any other country could ever produce such con men as Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, and Trump. I wouldn't call them geniuses, but they all had or have the talent. All politicians are con men, of course, but Republican US presidents are the greatest.

And Trump is trying to make America great again, but the Democrats and their corrupt news media, are trying to make America weak.
Even his cheap slogans are perfect. Trump is definitely the classic con man mankind should nominate as the greatest con creature in the galaxy. Although he can't talk or act like Reagan could, he's not a nice guy or fake simpleton as Dubya was, and he didn't know jack shit about politics, he still could make it only relying on his experiences and talent as a con man. If Steve Bannon is right, even his multi-billionaire image is fake and he's been successfully faking it since who knows when. So if there's a Trump economy, it must be fake and a con too. After Reagan and Dubya, he'd also deserve a second term.

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]