EU-BREXIT - Page 190 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:A confluence of fortuitous circumstances seems to be conspiring to make Corbyn PM.

Do you mean Tory brilliance due to which there are three potential future PMs such as BoJo, Farage, and Corbyn? :lol:
By B0ycey
Potemkin wrote:A confluence of fortuitous circumstances seems to be conspiring to make Corbyn PM.

Corbyns past is what is conspiring to prevent Corbyn from becoming PM. The mere fact he cannot command a majority in the local election polls from what can only be described as a Tory gift of incompetence should be obvious of that.

Todays election more important in understanding which direction the next PM will be after BoJo has fucked up everything. I have no doubt that we will see a coalition, but it may well be a Lib Dem leader if they poll higher than Labour today as this seems like a growing trend that fence sitting cannot stop.
By Nonsense
snapdragon wrote:From what I can gather from reading online comments from various sources, an awful lot of remainers intend to vote Labour, which worries me a bit.

I don't look on this election as being anything to do with domestic policy, which, let's face it, it isn't.

There 's nothing undemocratic in giving people a chance to change their minds.

Especially as not one person voted to leave the EU for the shit shambles we're getting.

It was all supposed to be sunny uplands and easy deals.

Nonsense-

Indeed there isn't, that's what elections are for,but, you do not eclipse the result of one election by holding another before the current mandate is fulfilled over the term of a parliament & the same is true of referendums.

If you do, there are consequences, sometimes affecting a country fundamentally for many years ahead & the betrayal by Theresa MAY is going to affect this country for generations.
Those effects, as bad as they currently are, have only just begun, those disaffected voters will exert punishment in both depth & breadth within our system of political government.

When JUNCKER visits Theresa MAY in a couple of weeks or so, she will declare 'Mission Accomplished' to him, she is a traitor who has sold out the democratic decision of the people to Brussels, that was always her intention, her party will pay a very heavy political price for not opposing her or removing her earlier.

Her Cabinet had the power to oppose, they chose to be subservient 'yes' men & women at the price political stability.

Everything that happens from here on is people's justice, with much wailing about those effects felt by those who class themselves as internationalist, the betrayed will opt for the democratic 'nuclear option' of frustrating the Left & Right's 'elitist' political objectives at the ballot box.

The future is one where the politicians delusion of power is shattered, we the people intend to control the politicians on our terms from here on, they will be our 'puppets'.
By ingliz

“We could have two referendums. As it happens, it might make more sense to have the second referendum after the negotiation is completed.”

Jacob Rees-Mogg, Oct 2011
By Nonsense
ingliz wrote:https://youtu.be/B3rX4nJ0snc

“We could have two referendums. As it happens, it might make more sense to have the second referendum after the negotiation is completed.”

Nonsense-

Of course we can, serially - not-in-parallel, as you might well say, 'nothing's changed'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Nonsense
MAY- announces resignation

Finally, after 3 dismal years of unbridled incompetence, that waste of time -space has decided to bow to the inevitable, deciding to walk the plank.

She says,'I have done my best' - to try and scupper Brexit. :muha1:

Today is the first in that whole period that she has rendered a service to the country,by taking that step to depart on 07 June 2019.

She alone is the architect of her own demise, it is right & proper that she herself wields the sword that servers her from the position that the Tory Party foolishly placed her.
She had no choice when her party's MP's gave her notice to leave, yet, she ignores more than half of the country's eligible voters to leave europe, it seems that politicians take more notice of their own ilk, than they do of the democratic voice of the people. >:

There is of course, more good news that has become apparent from getting her marching orders from her own party, the currency immediately rose on the money markets, news that ought to bring a smile on her face. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By B0ycey
Theresa May was a zombie Prime Minister. Her successor will also be a zombie Prime Minister. The Tories simply do not have the numbers in parliament but refuse to have a general election to try and increase their numbers.

Nonetheless her error was never commitment or trying to deliver Brexit. Her error was calling a snap election on a shit manifesto and losing the slender majority she had. I suspect if the DUP didn't need wooing her deal would have past actually.
By SolarCross
ingliz wrote:“We could have two referendums. As it happens, it might make more sense to have the second referendum after the negotiation is completed.”

I suppose on the back of the rapid rise of the brexit party he is probably pretty confident Leave will win a second one too. Two wins in a row for Leave should finally make the remainers put up and shut up. It might be worth the extra bother just for that.
By skinster
When do we get the results of the Euro elections?

Potemkin wrote:A confluence of fortuitous circumstances seems to be conspiring to make Corbyn PM. Jeremy Corbyn

Isn't it great?

I mean, who decided to put forward a real-life clown to replace that withered hag? :D

B0ycey wrote:Corbyns past is what is conspiring to prevent Corbyn from becoming PM.

You spelt 'right-Labour and the MSM' wrong.
By B0ycey
SolarCross wrote:I suppose on the back of the rapid rise of the brexit party he is probably pretty confident Leave will win a second one too. Two wins in a row for Leave should finally make the remainers put up and shut up. It might be worth the extra bother just for that.

It is pretty impressive if Mogg knew the existence of the Brexit Party in 2011. :lol:
By Rancid
Bookmakers are putting Boris Johnson in front at the moment.

How does that square up with what's in this thread?
By B0ycey
Rancid wrote:Bookmakers are putting Boris Johnson in front at the moment.

How does that square up with what's in this thread?

Fitting that we can expect to have a clown for a joke of a situation. He can't do anything and parliament won't support no deal. So unless he is committed to 'No Deal' and destroying the UK economy, nothing changes and he'll just be a Maybot mark II.
By Rancid
B0ycey wrote:
Fitting that we can expect to have a clown for a joke of a situation. He can't do anything and parliament won't support no deal. So unless he is committed to 'No Deal' and destroying the UK economy, nothing changes and he'll just be a Maybot mark II.

I see.

Question:
Is their hope that BREXIT can be reversed in the UK? Are there people that were initially for BREXIT that have regretted supporting it?
By B0ycey
Rancid wrote:Is their hope that BREXIT can be reversed in the UK? Are there people that were initially for BREXIT that have regretted supporting it?

Well there is hope coming from me at least. But less so in terms of expectation.

As for a change of attitudes about leaving, I would say there is. But when looking at the polls it isn't enough of a factor to say there is a voters gulit about leaving because I suspect the Brexit Party will win the EU elections - all be it with a 1/3 of the vote. So we are still a divided nation. And the only way to stop that is by leaving the EU with No Deal, take the economic consequence of that and then reapply to join up again. It really is a case of 'You don't know what you have lost until it is gone.'
By Rancid
B0ycey wrote:Well there is hope coming from me at least. But less so in terms of expectation.

As for a change of attitudes about leaving, I would say there is. But when looking at the polls it isn't enough of a factor to say there is a voters gulit about leaving because I suspect the Brexit Party will win the EU elections - all be it with a 1/3 of the vote. So we are still a divided nation. And the only way to stop that is by leaving the EU with No Deal, take the economic consequence of that and then reapply to join up again. It really is a case of 'You don't know what you have lost until it is gone.'

Has the EU stated if they would be ok with the UK reapplying later on down the road? I wonder what concessions would the UK have to give ot be allowed back in.
By B0ycey
Rancid wrote:Has the EU stated if they would be ok with the UK reapplying later on down the road? I wonder what concessions would the UK have to give ot be allowed back in.

Any European nation can apply to join the EU so reapplying wouldn't be a problem. Although it would mean we wouldn't have the concessions we have now or the rebate either.

If we leave I suspect we wouldn't reapply actually due to stubbornness. Instead we will just whore ourselves out to the rest of the world and perhaps even join up to TTP. But whatever we did, you cannot compensate the trade levels we have with Europe and as such the cost of living will rise and economic growth will shrink.
By Beren
Rancid wrote:Are there people that were initially for BREXIT that have regretted supporting it?

I'm sure there are and there will be even more when they see BoJo become PM. The next big round of regret will take place when he's followed by Corbyn. :lol:
By Nonsense
It's quite funny watching Theresa MAY engorging herself with emotional over-indulgence as though she were a 'victim' of some injustice.

I'm a great believer in natural justice, considering her complete indifference to millions of people at the mercy of her Party's austerity policies, I find that person's display of 'emotion', an act that is totally fake, indeed it's vomit inducing & she has finally achieved a 'brexit' of sorts by her own exit.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]