Stem School Shooting in Colorado - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/edu ... 152604001/

There was a school Shooting at a STEM prep school in Colorado last week. Maybe I missed the thread but I didn't notice one getting made on PoFo for this.

Normally a school shooting gets a 30+ page thread attacking gun advocates but the media has been relatively mum on this one for a variety of reasons. These probably include that some Democrats who tried to politicise the event got walked out on by the students, that the shooters were a leftist high school kid and a trans boy on testosterone therapy or perhaps that an armed guard at the school may have helped to neutralize the situation. Unfortunately, there was one death and multiple injuries.

I still think that things like the ease of bomb building in the Internet age and rising crime rates in some areas makes gun control a bad proposition.
Hong Wu wrote:Normally a school shooting gets a 30+ page thread attacking gun advocates but the media has been relatively mum on this one for a variety of reasons. These probably include that some Democrats who tried to politicise the event got walked out on by the students, that the shooters were a leftist high school kid and a trans boy on testosterone therapy or perhaps that an armed guard at the school may have helped to neutralize the situation. Unfortunately, there was one death and multiple injuries.
School shootings happen all the time in the USA. Most people are probably just jaded from seeing them on an almost daily basis.

Here's an article, as well, but probably with more information.
Attacked Colorado school forewarned of 'repeat Columbine'
Months before a fatal school shooting this week in Colorado, a parent warned that student violence and bullying could cause "a repeat of Columbine".

The parent also alleged "an extremely high drug culture" on the campus in suburban Denver, warning it was "the perfect storm".

The call was made five months before the attack.

Both suspects in the shooting, aged 18 and 16, were pupils at the charter school. Their motivation is unclear.

Suspected Colorado STEM shooter was a bully, made jokes about school shootings, students say
The suspected shooter, Devon Erickson, "would whisper, like get really close and kinda put his arm around you, and whisper in your ear, ‘don’t come to school tomorrow,'" former student Kevin Cole said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/su ... l-n1004181

The gender of the shooters is irrelevant, and if one of the shooters prefers a male pronoun even though they are female, doesn't change anything about this shooting. Your implying that it does, is childish, at best. Right-wing nonsense, as usual.
Yea the media and political figures got served a poopy sandwich.
Rhe parebts and students were not going to let them turn it into a media zoo for thier own purposes.
They wanted to offer respects to thier freinds and family.
They also made it plain the issue was mental illness not firearm.
I think this is one of the few cases where anyone actually stood up and decided to fight back.

The politicans and media were hoping to take control and turn it into a circus for anti gun promotion.
Clearly mental illness is the issue.
Normal sane people dont do these things.
Day by day in these United States of America, some 30 or so people die from gunshot. Each day. Only those events which are exceptional in the number of dead or which have some other characteristic which makes them newsworthy are brought to our attention.

There are sources which detail some of the shootings, but it's necessary to look for them on the 'net. Most people don't.
Last edited by Torus34 on 12 May 2019 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
They also made it plain the issue was mental illness not firearm.

The issue is mentally ill people who have access to firearms. That is the issue. :roll:

The politicans and media were hoping to take control and turn it into a circus for anti gun promotion.

That is sick. Nobody hopes for this stuff. Everyone wants it to end. The gun lobby is its own enemy. Mostly because it is comprised of not very smart people.

Clearly mental illness is the issue.
Normal sane people dont do these things.

Clearly it is mentally ill to make it so easy for mentally ill people to get firearms. And even more pathologically stupid to oppose laws that would help alleviate the problem.
Drlee wrote:The issue is mentally ill people who have access to firearms. That is the issue. :roll:

This is just one reason that de-institutionalization was a bad idea.

Drlee wrote:Nobody hopes for this stuff.

The media is optimized for event-driven political programming. Once an event like this occurs, they start propagating their political message. It's been obvious to me for a long time. It came to truly disgust me after the Japanese tsunami where 20k+ people died, but all they could talk about was the nuclear reactor.

Drlee wrote:Clearly it is mentally ill to make it so easy for mentally ill people to get firearms.

Institutionalizing the mentally ill is the right thing to do. It will dramatically reduce homelessness too. We should do the same for drug-addicted and chronically alcoholic people, rather than just imprisoning them--unless of course they commit a violent crime. That will do so much to clean up the streets and address homelessness.
Institutionalizing the mentally ill is the right thing to do. It will dramatically reduce homelessness too. We should do the same for drug-addicted and chronically alcoholic people, rather than just imprisoning them--unless of course they commit a violent crime. That will do so much to clean up the streets and address homelessness.

With a few minor caveats, I agree with this.
Hong Wu wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2019/05/10/school-shooting-colorado-shooter-hero-stem-school-highlands-ranch-denver/1152604001/

There was a school Shooting at a STEM prep school in Colorado last week. Maybe I missed the thread but I didn't notice one getting made on PoFo for this.

Normally a school shooting gets a 30+ page thread attacking gun advocates but the media has been relatively mum on this one for a variety of reasons. These probably include that some Democrats who tried to politicise the event got walked out on by the students, that the shooters were a leftist high school kid and a trans boy on testosterone therapy or perhaps that an armed guard at the school may have helped to neutralize the situation. Unfortunately, there was one death and multiple injuries.

I still think that things like the ease of bomb building in the Internet age and rising crime rates in some areas makes gun control a bad proposition.
There was an armed security guard present at the school .
The shooters, armed with handguns, entered the K-12 school Tuesday afternoon through the middle school, which has no metal detectors and one contracted armed security officer, Spurlock said.

They were both "able to get deep inside the school" because they were students there, he said.

Officers arrived within two minutes and heard gunfire when they entered the school, but they never exchanged gunfire with the suspects, Spurlock said.

One of the suspects had already been restrained by a security officer, and was apprehended within a minute of deputies arriving at the school, Spurlock said. The other was detained in a hallway four minutes later.
. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/colorado-stem-school-shooting-juvenile-suspect-identified-female-everything-else-n1003246. The whole situation reminds me of this song , which was written in response to a prior school shooting
. There is a duration between then and what happened just recently here of 40 years . And in this country there has been an even more extensive history of school shootings , of various kinds . https://www.k12academics.com/school-shootings/history-school-shootings-united-states And segments of the population will want to try to assign blame , even if it's simply guilt by association , by bringing up the perpetrator's sexual orientation , for instance Brenda Spencer turned out to have been a lesbian , and one of the Stem School shooters , as has been pointed out is gender variant , or even that the perps were allegedly political extremist . Like how the Columbine shooting coincided on Hitler's birthday , or the Stem shooting , besides occurring on my own birthday , like thanks alot :roll: , was also the birthday of Yugoslav Communist leader Josip Broz Tito , as if that might have anything to do with anything . But as the song says , there are no rational reasons that are of any significance . And even after all is said and done , it all just remains part of America's overall gun culture , and has impacted the development of the popular culture in general , such as with the subject matter of such songs as this more recent one , post Columbine .
All that I have to say in conclusion is that American society is itself psychologically ill , for whatever arguable reasons .
Hong Wu wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2019/05/10/school-shooting-colorado-shooter-hero-stem-school-highlands-ranch-denver/1152604001/

...school Shooting at a STEM prep school in Colorado ...

...the shooters were a leftist high school kid and a trans boy on testosterone therapy ...

Do you think the transexual and leftist were trying to protect their school from bomb-makers and potential criminals?

Should we arm all leftists and transexuals to make sure their schools are safe like this one?
Beren wrote:I wonder if how we could tell if school shootings are fake or real, I guess they must be real if leftists or transsexuals are involved. :lol:

With our zero-community capitalist cultures, Westerners get their "reality" from mass media.

And our oligarchs need anarchy right now, so they're promoting school shootings (through massive media coverage) in order to "stir things up" like they do in world wars and attacks on poor countries.

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspirac[…]

Candace Owens

She has shown to many Americans what Zionism is s[…]

Both of them have actually my interest at heart. […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

As predicted, the hasbara troll couldn't quote me […]