Israeli troops kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – live updat - Page 73 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@Hindsite ;

They decided not to write a constitution but instead write the laws they want. That is the way a democracy works.

That's about as incoherent a mess of an answer as the legal structure the Israelis are working with.

I seriously doubt that.

That comes from willing ignorance and an inability that i've noticed in you to never admit when you are mistaken, on anything.
annatar1914 wrote:@Hindsite ;

That's about as incoherent a mess of an answer as the legal structure the Israelis are working with.

The Basic Laws of Israel are the constitutional laws of the State of Israel, and can only be changed by a supermajority vote in the Knesset (with varying requirements for different Basic Laws and sections). Many of these laws are based on the individual liberties that were outlined in the Israeli Declaration of Independence. The Basic Laws deal with the formation and role of the principal institutions of the state, and with the relations between the state's authorities. They also protect the country's civil rights, although some of these rights were earlier protected at common law by the Supreme Court of Israel. The Basic Law: Human Dignity and Liberty enjoys super-legal status, giving the Supreme Court the authority to disqualify any law contradicting it, as well as protection from Emergency Regulations.

The Basic Laws were intended to be draft chapters of the future Israeli constitution, postponed since 1950; they act as a de facto constitution until their future incorporation into a formal, unitary, written constitution. Israel as of 2018 functions according to an uncodified constitution consisting of both material constitutional law (based upon cases and precedents), common law, and the provisions of these formal statutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Laws_of_Israel

annatar1914 wrote:That comes from willing ignorance and an inability that i've noticed in you to never admit when you are mistaken, on anything.

If you could prove that I am mistaken, I would admit it. However, I am not just going to take your word for it, especially since you don't seem very knowledgeable about such matters.
Hindsite wrote:The Basic Laws of Israel are the constitutional laws of the State of Israel, and can only be changed by a supermajority vote in the Knesset (with varying requirements for different Basic Laws and sections). Many of these laws are based on the individual liberties that were outlined in the Israeli Declaration of Independence. The Basic Laws deal with the formation and role of the principal institutions of the state, and with the relations between the state's authorities. They also protect the country's civil rights, although some of these rights were earlier protected at common law by the Supreme Court of Israel. The Basic Law: Human Dignity and Liberty enjoys super-legal status, giving the Supreme Court the authority to disqualify any law contradicting it, as well as protection from Emergency Regulations.

The Basic Laws were intended to be draft chapters of the future Israeli constitution, postponed since 1950; they act as a de facto constitution until their future incorporation into a formal, unitary, written constitution. Israel as of 2018 functions according to an uncodified constitution consisting of both material constitutional law (based upon cases and precedents), common law, and the provisions of these formal statutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Laws_of_Israel

If you could prove that I am mistaken, I would admit it. However, I am not just going to take your word for it, especially since you don't seem very knowledgeable about such matters.

I have often proven you wrong on many things that you write, a surprising amount coming from material you provide. The quote you bring forwards is yet another such example, interlarded with double-speak about the lack of actual Law in Israeli society. As I previously stated and repeat again, there's nothing you've shown that rebuts what I've said about nobody in Israel being protected by true Rights that cannot be abrogated by the whim of some politician and/or group of politicians in Israel. An example would be PM Netanyahu himself, having to defend himself against corruption charges. In fact, there hasen't been a PM in Israel hardly who hasn't escaped running the gauntlet of Israeli ''law'' being weaponized and used against them by political opponents.
annatar1914 wrote:I have often proven you wrong on many things that you write, a surprising amount coming from material you provide. The quote you bring forwards is yet another such example, interlarded with double-speak about the lack of actual Law in Israeli society. As I previously stated and repeat again, there's nothing you've shown that rebuts what I've said about nobody in Israel being protected by true Rights that cannot be abrogated by the whim of some politician and/or group of politicians in Israel. An example would be PM Netanyahu himself, having to defend himself against corruption charges. In fact, there hasen't been a PM in Israel hardly who hasn't escaped running the gauntlet of Israeli ''law'' being weaponized and used against them by political opponents.

I understand that corruption charges have been brought against PM Netanyahu. So we shall see if he is able to survive those charges under the law.
Hindsite wrote:I understand that corruption charges have been brought against PM Netanyahu. So we shall see if he is able to survive those charges under the law.

Again, you're missing the point with your ''under the law'' comment, when it's a wonder Israel exists politically under it's lack of genuine and not arbitrary ad hoc law at all. Every Israeli government suffers or has suffered from an almost paralyzing inability to either hold together a coalition government for very long or escape legal attacks or having some politician on the wrong side of a power struggle wind up doing jail time.

The problem with Israel is that it is neither enough a truly Jewish nation-state nor enough of a true representative democracy to really work. Imagine an hypothetical ''Israel'' that is a complete free society, where all Arabs have full automatic citizenship and there is no ''Palestine''. What would happen? Muslims would outnumber Jews and you'd have an Arab Muslim Palestine that everyone would have to entrust the safety of the minority Christians and Jews to...

Or imagine an entire Holy Land that has all but maybe a select few that are entirely Jewish of it's citizens. This could only come by expulsion of the Palestinians, and that would be impossible unless Israel became a total military dictatorship unconcerned about it's neighbors reactions nor the world's outrage.
Israel cannot be fully democratic when being under constant threat from its neighbors
and Israel should not be held to the same standards like Switzerland or Norway because those countries are in a completely different environment that is not hostile like it is in the middle east
as long as the conflict continues Israel will have to abuse Human rights because there is no way around it in such position
Hindsite wrote:It is only fair and right that Israel have the right to defend itself against hostile forces.
Praise the Lord.

The Isrealites were not entitled to the land before WW2. And I must say much of the hostility is just a response of the Isrealite policy in the past 70 years, so it is more fair and right if the Isrealites accept that they had committed unnecessary atrocities and take responsibilities of the hostilities they created themselves.

To avoid further hostilities the whole area should be vacated of all parties before a universally accepted agreement could be made IMHO.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
Patrickov wrote:The Isrealites.

Minor history lesson:
The Jews are not the Israelites.

The Israelites comprised of all 12 tribes of Israel. 10 were "lost"(in reality absorbed into the Goy populations). The Jews are technically only the tribe of Judah(and the intermingled other southern tribe which I can't remember the name of), from which the word Jew and Judah/Judea derives. Judaism is descended from the Religion of Yahwism.... The actual Religion of the Israelites.

Although descended from the Israelites, they are not the only cultural group descended from them. And Judaism was NOT the religion of the Israelites.

At this stage most human beings are descended from the Israelite people due to the cultural intermingling of humanity.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:They can protest but if they start to riot they gonna get shot its a simple equation

Not even Chinese Commies are this "determined". Still, a bit short of Himmler who kills Jews regardless of them rioting or not.
colliric wrote:Minor history lesson:
The Jews are not the Israelites.

The Israelites comprised of all 12 tribes of Israel. 10 were "lost"(in reality absorbed into the Goy populations). The Jews are technically only the tribe of Judah(and the intermingled other southern tribe which I can't remember the name of), from which the word Jew and Judah/Judea derives. Judaism is descended from the Religion of Yahwism.... The actual Religion of the Israelites.

Although descended from the Israelites, they are not the only cultural group descended from them. And Judaism was NOT the religion of the Israelites.

At this stage most human beings are descended from the Israelite people due to the cultural intermingling of humanity.

I doubt there are more than 1% of the people east of the Iranian pleatau descended from Isrealites.
Patrickov wrote:Not even Chinese Commies are this "determined". Still, a bit short of Himmler who kills Jews regardless of them rioting or not.

Isrsel have to defend its borders and people and IMO should do it at every cost
also I dont see any value in enemy lives so killing them is like killing cockroaches
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Isrsel have to defend its borders and people and IMO should do it at every cost
also I dont see any value in enemy lives so killing them is like killing cockroaches

I agree that there are instances that one would think killing some others like cockroaches is necessary. However, it's not a matter so simple that one should advocate it so readily. Besides, imagine you are the one assigned to that task, are you confident that you can carry it out effectively?
Patrickov wrote:The Isrealites were not entitled to the land before WW2. And I must say much of the hostility is just a response of the Isrealite policy in the past 70 years, so it is more fair and right if the Isrealites accept that they had committed unnecessary atrocities and take responsibilities of the hostilities they created themselves.

To avoid further hostilities the whole area should be vacated of all parties before a universally accepted agreement could be made IMHO.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Believing what the Lord says by His prophets is not taking the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
(Ezekiel 11:17 KJV)

Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob.
(Ezekiel 28:25 KJV)

And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
(Ezekiel 34:13 KJV)

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
(Ezekiel 36:24 KJV)

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.
(Zechariah 8:7-8 KJV)
Hindsite wrote:Believing what the Lord says by His prophets is not taking the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
(Ezekiel 11:17 KJV)

Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob.
(Ezekiel 28:25 KJV)

And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
(Ezekiel 34:13 KJV)

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
(Ezekiel 36:24 KJV)

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.
(Zechariah 8:7-8 KJV)

None of these imply they are entitled to unleash their harsh treatment of whoever being there and the hostilities in response.

Or do you expect the Arabs / Palestinians there should have unconditionally surrendered whatever they have, and justified being slaughtered just because they didn't?
Patrickov wrote:None of these imply they are entitled to unleash their harsh treatment of whoever being there and the hostilities in response.

Or do you expect the Arabs / Palestinians there should have unconditionally surrendered whatever they have, and justified being slaughtered just because they didn't?

Attacks by Arabs / Palestinians on Israel should expect to be met with defensive attacks in return. The Lord God owns the land and has the right to give it to whomever He pleases. The Holy Bible informs us of this. The Arabs / Palestinians need to accept this reality.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]