Israeli troops kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – live updat - Page 75 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Hindsite wrote:Why do you keep posting this propaganda from Twitter?

Maybe he is just a messenger boy for the patron saint of lost causes, palestinian terrorism?
annatar1914 wrote:@Hindsite

You brought up an article that defends the Roman Catholic Crusades, something which is strange for a protestant to do but which I've seen regularly many times before.

The Encyclopedia Britannica is a well respected and authoritative source, whereas Wikipedia sometimes provides inaccurate and biased information.

annatar1914 wrote:You're being spiteful, like you usually are when you're proven mistaken. You don't learn when you already think you know it all.

I don't know it all, but you haven't presented any proof that the Encyclopedia Britannica is incorrect.
@Hindsite

The Encyclopedia Britannica is a well respected and authoritative source, whereas Wikipedia sometimes provides inaccurate and biased information.

:eh: :roll:

From the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica article on the Crusades, long before ''political correctness'' had much sway in the West;

It was thus natural, for these reasons, that the conquest of the Holy Land should gradually become an object for the ambition of Western Christianity—an object which the papacy, eager to realize its dream of a universal Church subject to its sway, would naturally cherish and attempt to advance.

Emphasis in bold. I shouldn't have to do your historical research for you as you expound on things you neither know nor understand.

I don't know it all, but you haven't presented any proof that the Encyclopedia Britannica is incorrect.

The current politically correct Encyclopedia Britannica isn't saying anything untrue, more like incomplete. If you read ''Western Christianity'' and didn't know the history of the churches in the West, especially prior to the ''Reformation'', you might not understand that prior to that time, the church of the Papacy WAS western Christianity.

My point is, and remains, that the Crusades were and are nothing to emulate, the Papal versions of the Islamic Jihads with a clerical leader issuing 'fatwas' to kill non-believers and having declared their sins forgiven for such a fight....

From the New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia on the Crusades;

The idea of the crusade corresponds to a political conception which was realized in Christendom only from the eleventh to the fifteenth century; this supposes a union of all peoples and sovereigns under the direction of the popes. All crusades were announced by preaching. After pronouncing a solemn vow, each warrior received a cross from the hands of the pope or his legates, and was thenceforth considered a soldier of the Church. Crusaders were also granted indulgences and temporal privileges, such as exemption from civil jurisdiction, inviolability of persons or lands, etc. Of all these wars undertaken in the name of Christendom, the most important were the Eastern Crusades, which are the only ones treated in this article.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04543c.htm

Emphasis on the part I underlined. Let's be clear about the worldview of the crusaders; medieval Roman Catholic. The impetus for the Crusades came from the drive towards universal domination of the Papacy, and example should suffice from the crowning of a new Pope back then with the Papal Tiara, the words addressed to him were;

Accipe tiaram tribus coronis ornatam, et scias te esse patrem principum et regum, rectorem orbis in terra vicarium Salvatoris nostri Jesu Christi, cui est honor et gloria in saecula saeculorum (Receive the tiara adorned with three crowns, and know that you are the father of princes and kings, the ruler of the world, the vicar of our Savior Jesus Christ on earth, to whom is honor and glory, world without end)
annatar1914 wrote: My point is, and remains, that the Crusades were and are nothing to emulate, the Papal versions of the Islamic Jihads with a clerical leader issuing 'fatwas' to kill non-believers and having declared their sins forgiven for such a fight....

My point is that the Christians Crusades were necessary as a push back against Islamic expansionism and control of formerly Christian areas. Otherwise, even all of Europe would have become under Islamic control and all Europeans would probably be Muslims today.
Hindsite wrote:My point is that the Christians Crusades were necessary as a push back against Islamic expansionism and control of formerly Christian areas. Otherwise, even all of Europe would have become under Islamic control and all Europeans would probably be Muslims today.

I doubt that would be a bad thing either. The Native Americans and Australians surely would have approved of this had they foreseen their fate 500 years after the Crusades.
@Hindsite

My point is that the Christians Crusades were necessary as a push back against Islamic expansionism and control of formerly Christian areas.

Actually, the Crusades were un-necessary and by energizing the Islamic forces truly accelerated an even greater wave of Islamic expansion, which created the Ottoman Empire. Remember the Fourth Crusade that sacked Constantinople and Latin Empire that I mentioned that you weren't interested in knowing anything about? Well, they fatally weakened the East Roman (called ''Byzantine'' in the West) Empire. That brought the Muslims into the Balkans, into Europe.

Otherwise, even all of Europe would have become under Islamic control and all Europeans would probably be Muslims today.

Things are so much different now :lol: :eh:

So it maybe, even if you were right, it granted Europe a few decades of non-Muslim rule, considering how things are developing?

No, the Crusades were evil because they were created for an evil purpose, and one cannot allow or excuse evil deeds just so some good MIGHT come out of it. No, all the fruits of the Crusades were absolutely evil: ''a tree is known by it's fruits''.
annatar1914 wrote:No, the Crusades were evil because they were created for an evil purpose, and one cannot allow or excuse evil deeds just so some good MIGHT come out of it. No, all the fruits of the Crusades were absolutely evil: ''a tree is known by it's fruits''.

I disagree. I view the fruits of the Crusades as good. It at least slowed the spread of Satan's evil religion, so that Christopher Columbus could discover America for Christianity, instead of Islam.
Praise the Lord.
@Hindsite ,

I disagree. I view the fruits of the Crusades as good. It at least slowed the spread of Satan's evil religion,

No, you don't read any links or anything anyone says to you much, do you? The Crusades fatally weakened the East Roman Empire and accelerated the rise of the Muslim Turks and eventually their Ottoman Empire. Consider that Constantinople fell in 1453 AD, and in 1492, Columbus discovered the New World, a mere generation later...

so that Christopher Columbus could discover America for Christianity, instead of Islam.

Christopher Columbus discovered what he thought originally was Asia, with the stated intent to convert the ''Indies'' to Roman Catholicism (he was a Third Order Franciscan) and send them off to invade the Middle East in a new Crusade, taking Jerusalem with a Papal army from the East instead of the West.

[img]Praise%20the%20Lord.[/img]

I have asked you before to please be respectful and knock it off with the 'praise the Lord' stuff, because you make it sound to others as if you and your opinions are the word of God, and that you are demanding that others believe as you do. I know that you get a lot of stuff thrown at you here, some of it justifiable, but I was hoping that you would be respectful like you initially tried to be with me, as I noticed that you stopped in your posts addressed to me.
Hindsite wrote:I disagree. I view the fruits of the Crusades as good. It at least slowed the spread of Satan's evil religion, so that Christopher Columbus could discover America for Christianity, instead of Islam.
Praise the Lord.

The occupation and exploration of the New World is another of the Holocausts that can be directly attributed to Christianity, much like the christian holocaust perpetrated against the Jews in WW2. Just as the murderous Christians killed the Jews of the Rhineland on their way to attack Jerusalem during the crusades. Unfortunately the ignorance of some Christians has not changed.

Getting back to the subject of the thread we can see how christian zionism supported the terrorists such as Begin who created the apartheid "Jewish State" that both celebrates terrorists and assists a few hundred thousand ultra religious Jew settlers to bring about the end of civilisation. Having nearly achieved this with WW1.

Baruch HaShem
'Trump Heights' Opens in Israel

Celebrating President Donald Trump's recognition of Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is naming a settlement community "Trump Heights," The Washington Post reported.

"This is a historic day," Netanyahu said Sunday, per the report. "We are going to do two things — establish a new community on the Golan Heights, something that has not been done for many years. This is an act of Zionism and it is paramount. The second thing is to honor our friend, a very great friend of the State of Israel — President Donald Trump, who recently recognized Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ne ... 6a11230721

Hindsite wrote:'Trump Heights' Opens in Israel

Celebrating President Donald Trump's recognition of Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is naming a settlement community "Trump Heights," The Washington Post reported.

"This is a historic day," Netanyahu said Sunday, per the report. "We are going to do two things — establish a new community on the Golan Heights, something that has not been done for many years. This is an act of Zionism and it is paramount. The second thing is to honor our friend, a very great friend of the State of Israel — President Donald Trump, who recently recognized Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ne ... 6a11230721

How appropriate that occupied land should be named after Trump a person who is a fine example of real christian values.

Praise be to the Jewish Apocalyptic Prophet.
Baloo wrote:The occupation and exploration of the New World is another of the Holocausts that can be directly attributed to Christianity, much like the christian holocaust perpetrated against the Jews in WW2. Just as the murderous Christians killed the Jews of the Rhineland on their way to attack Jerusalem during the crusades. Unfortunately the ignorance of some Christians has not changed.

Getting back to the subject of the thread we can see how christian zionism supported the terrorists such as Begin who created the apartheid "Jewish State" that both celebrates terrorists and assists a few hundred thousand ultra religious Jew settlers to bring about the end of civilisation. Having nearly achieved this with WW1.

Baruch HaShem

A priest who saved hundreds of Jews during WWII by disguising them as seminarians

God & Hitler

Hindsite wrote:A priest who saved hundreds of Jews during WWII by disguising them as seminarians

God & Hitler

Interesting that you appear to have learned history from Mr Banana man himself Ray Comfort, he fails to note anything about Martin Luther and his polemic "The Jews and their Lies" being available at every Nazi rally and the deep rooted antisemitism of the christian church which began with the Blood Curse
Mathew 27.24-25.

So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying "I am innocent of this man’s blood; see to it yourselves." And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!"

He fails to mention the GDC and the great german theologians who were considered leaders in christian thought at the time.

Strangely he fails to mention that nearly every Jew who was denounced, handed over, transported and murdered did so at the hands of a christian. If you get your history from christian apologists and not historians then do not be surprised when you fail to comprehend the extent of christian complicity in the Jewish Holocaust.

Not one mention of the Ustase the ultimate in Christian Jew killers, that made the Nazis blush.

For god is a loving god.
Baloo wrote:Interesting that you appear to have learned history from Mr Banana man himself Ray Comfort, he fails to note anything about Martin Luther and his polemic "The Jews and their Lies" being available at every Nazi rally and the deep rooted antisemitism of the christian church which began with the Blood Curse
Mathew 27.24-25.

So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying "I am innocent of this man’s blood; see to it yourselves." And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!"

He fails to mention the GDC and the great german theologians who were considered leaders in christian thought at the time.

Strangely he fails to mention that nearly every Jew who was denounced, handed over, transported and murdered did so at the hands of a christian. If you get your history from christian apologists and not historians then do not be surprised when you fail to comprehend the extent of christian complicity in the Jewish Holocaust.

Not one mention of the Ustase the ultimate in Christian Jew killers, that made the Nazis blush.

For god is a loving god.

It is clear to me that you are not Christian.
Hindsite wrote:It is clear to me that you are not Christian.

Very interesting, but some facts for you.
You are not the arbiter of who is or is not a christian.
You have made your decision based on 6 posts.
You have broken your own gods rules,
Mathew 7, Judge not, that ye be not judged.
But most importantly whether I am a christian or not has absolutely no bearing on the rebuttal I made to your Banana Man video.
No mention of the GDC,
No mention of those who actually carried out the Holocaust.
No mention of Martin Luther.
No mention of the german theologians.
No mention of the blood curse.
No mention of christian antisemitism
No mention of the Ustase.

My comments stand without rebuttal.

god is great (all of them!)
Hindsite wrote:I read your fukin' links and I said I disagree.

Hey, I got a two-fer out of you, showing both class and intelligence :roll:

Fact is there are persons too stupid and arrogant to convince rationally, because they're too invested in the evil beliefs that nurture their disordered passions...

So that the spectacle of a 20th century evangelical Protestant defending 11th-14th century Roman Catholic Crusades because of his hatred of Muslims because of his love for Israel because he wants an unbiblical ''Rapture'' to occur triggered by their actions because that's how he was told he and his type can cheat natural death doesn't boggle one's mind, I don't know what would.
Baloo wrote:Very interesting, but some facts for you.
You are not the arbiter of who is or is not a christian.
You have made your decision based on 6 posts.
You have broken your own gods rules,
Mathew 7, Judge not, that ye be not judged.
But most importantly whether I am a christian or not has absolutely no bearing on the rebuttal I made to your Banana Man video.
No mention of the GDC,
No mention of those who actually carried out the Holocaust.
No mention of Martin Luther.
No mention of the german theologians.
No mention of the blood curse.
No mention of christian antisemitism
No mention of the Ustase.

My comments stand without rebuttal.

god is great (all of them!)

The Ustasche killed a lot of Orthodox Christian Serbs and Gypsies too, Baloo. God is greater and more merciful and loving than His children.
annatar1914 wrote:The Ustasche killed a lot of Orthodox Christian Serbs and Gypsies too, Baloo. God is greater and more merciful and loving than His children.

They certainly were a heady brand of fascism, nationalism and Roman Catholicism, one of the most vicious killing groups in WW2.
Baloo wrote:god is great (all of them!)

Or the common Arabic phrase "Allahu Akbar" is the cry of Islamic terrorists when Muslims commit murder in the name of their god, Satan the devil. It appears that I am a pretty good judge.
HalleluYah

You should put the full quote I am of the o[…]

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]