Do we owe reparations to LGBT? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

BigSteve wrote:"I am an LBGT."

Which one? I don't think you can be all of them, can you? So why do you identify as such?

I'm straight as straight as a desert highway. I don't hang out with too many people from the "LGBTLMNOP" community. My knowledge of the alphabet community largely comes from what I see in the media. Let's face it, people like Jessie Smollett don't exactly help your cause. When I see idiots acting like animals, dancing on top of police cars at a gay pride parade, I'm not too inclined to think they should be given reparations for anything.

You can call it fake news if you want, but then you'd damn well better do something about changing the perception, or that "fake news" will become real...

@QatzelOk actually is all of them, he has had all the most fashionable trans operations too. Under his rainbow tutu is a panopoly of synthetic organs representing every one of the hundreds of new genders. There are more shapes and colours writhing and wriggling around his crotch than a Dutch sex museum.
Godstud wrote:There sure is a difference between dancing and burning cars, even if you're too obstinate to recognize it.

Um, wow.

You stupidly tried to compare two things which can't reasonably be compared...

Dancing is what people do to celebrate things. it is not "acting like animals".

When they're dragging their crotch over the light bar of a police car, yeah, it is...

That you have to make up a name for them shows your disdain for LGBTQ people. It also shows some pretty big ignorance.

I'm sure this will come as so much of a shock to you that you'll dismiss it, but I have an equal amount of disdain for dumbass heterosexual males, who burn cars and riot...

Your so-called compassion for the LGBTQ community is pretty much shown to be be complete bullshit by what you write when regarding them.

When did I claim to be compassionate? So, there's really no "so-called compassion" for you to comment on one way or the other. I certainly have zero compassion for idiots like the ones in the video, as they are undeserving of it.

Perhaps you should stop pretending to know what I think about them. You'll appear smarter...
Pants-of-dog wrote:Instead of paying reparations, perhaps conservatives could simply stop being homophobic?

It's ignorant of you to assume that "conservatives" are homophobic. Some certainly are, most of us aren't.

It's like liberals. Many are stupid enough to believe that conservatives are homophobic. Most, however, are not...
BigSteve wrote:It's ignorant of you to assume that "conservatives" are homophobic. Some certainly are, most of us aren't.

It's like liberals. Many are stupid enough to believe that conservatives are homophobic. Most, however, are not...

So we agree that many conservatives are homophobic.

Now, would it not also make sense for these conservatives to let go of their irrational fear, hatred and bigotry that they direct towards LGBTQ2S people?
How can "we" owe reparations to LGBT? Who is "we"? I never denied any LGBT their rights, I supported them.

I would think those responsible for any wrongdoing should pay for any liabilities. The only "we" I guess that would apply is if the government did any wrongdoings to any LGBT and my taxes would go to any payouts. But then how do you even identity people who are LGBT? Anyone could identity as LGBT as a lie and get a payout lol.
Generally, I don't like the idea of punishing current generations for the sins of a past generations. While I'm for extending rights, legal benefits, etc. etc. etc.

Reparations is kind of a very broad stroke the basically makes all of us guilty for shit we didn't do. I don't like it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So we agree that many conservatives are homophobic.

Sure, just as we agree that many liberals are stupid enough to believe that most conservatives are homophobic...

Now, would it not also make sense for these conservatives to let go of their irrational fear, hatred and bigotry that they direct towards LGBTQ2S people?

Just as it would make sense for these liberals to let go of their ignorant belief that most conservatives are homophobic...
What is the definition of "homophobic"?
I saw some posts on Reddit that said that if you are disgusted to see two man kissing than you are homophobic
Well I dont hate gays and I have no problem if they got their rights of marrying or whatever but Im disgusted when I see two man kissing and nothing will ever change that
No reparations.

One note though. We are not talking ancient history when homosexuals were discriminated against. I was well into my adulthood before homosexual acts were legalized. I had retired from the Army before they were allowed to openly serve. I was in my 60's before they could marry.
BigSteve wrote:Sure, just as we agree that many liberals are stupid enough to believe that most conservatives are homophobic...

Just as it would make sense for these liberals to let go of their ignorant belief that most conservatives are homophobic...

The supposed beliefs of progressives about conservatives are not relevant.

We are discussing whether or not reparations are a good idea to redress the centuries of homophobia that LGBT+ people have traditionally dealt with.

I think that before we discuss redress for supposed past wrongs, we deal with the fact that many of these wrongs are ongoing.

But you seem to agree that conservatives need to deal with the homophobia in their midst.
BigSteve wrote:It's ignorant of you to assume that "conservatives" are homophobic. Some certainly are, most of us aren't.

No, you just don't like when "the gays" jump on top of burning police cars. This is something that I've never done, and had never associated with "LGBT" before. Like I said, I've grown up as a gay, lived a full gay life, know many other gay people, and still don't understand your comment as anything except extreme lack of knowledge of any gay people. Ten percent of your hometown are gays, so you're probably just not socializing enough to know people.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So we agree that many conservatives are homophobic.

Yes, all they have to do is take selfies of themselves crying next to a Stonewall Monument, and then all will be well at their college dorm? :roll:

Pants, perhaps working class, ordinary people in our society have been ruined by their serfhood to finance capital and its propaganda industry (in lieu of subsidized education), and commercial media has turned their eyes towards scapegoats? If so, your upper middle class snivelling isn't helpful at all. "Guys, just go to Greece for a few weeks, do a few centering workshops, buy yourself a new wardrobe of clothes, and you should be fine. Works for me!"

*laughs at upper class-inspired "solutions" to working class despair*

Rancid wrote:Generally, I don't like the idea of punishing current generations for the sins of a past generations.

Why not? Current generations benefit from the sins of their grandparents (today's Americans live well off of stolen land that was genocided for them), so why shouldn't they pay for these sins as well?

It's the only way to stop them. Otherwise, the lesson learned is "to keep doing the same thing over and over, in Libya, Syria, Iraq, Venezuela" etc. First step is admitting you have a problem.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The supposed beliefs of progressives about conservatives are not relevant.

Of course they are...

We are discussing whether or not reparations are a good idea to redress the centuries of homophobia that LGBT+ people have traditionally dealt with.

Oh, okay... cool.

No, it's a fucking shitty idea...

I think that before we discuss redress for supposed past wrongs, we deal with the fact that many of these wrongs are ongoing.

I'm not convinced. Convince me...

But you seem to agree that conservatives need to deal with the homophobia in their midst.

And you seem to agree that liberalsd need to stop being blockheads and assuming that "conservatives" are "homophobes"...
QatzelOk wrote:No, you just don't like when "the gays" jump on top of burning police cars.

I don't like it when anyone does it...

Ten percent of your hometown are gays, so you're probably just not socializing enough to know people.

I know plenty of gay people. They're all decent people, and not a one of them has ever acted like the scumbag animals in the video...
I have a son that is a gay genius, who I am very proud of and love very much.
However, that does not mean that I would not prefer that he be straight.
I don't see why he should be entitled to any reparations.
BigSteve wrote:Of course they are...

No.

Oh, okay... cool.

No, it's a :D idea...

Again, your opinion of the idea is not relevant and my reaction to your opinion is simply apathy.

I'm not convinced. Convince me...

No, I do not care if you are convinced about anything.

If you can find a flaw in my reasoning, please present it. If not, keep up these replies and it will continue to look as if I am right and you have no argument.
Do we owe reparations to dogs? People used to kick dogs a lot more than now.

Do we owe reparations to women? Men used to slap dem ladies a lot more and denied them the vote etc.

Do we owe reparations to monkeys? Hot damn have we wasted a lot of bananas & threw them out after we let them go brown when the monkeys would have loved dem yum yums.
Godstud wrote::Heterosexual males, however, haven't been discriminated against, ridiculed and demeaned for decades(much longer actually), however.

Cis heterosexual males have suffered massive discrimination, take the prison system just for starters. Through out the ages homosexuals have conspired with out rulers in oppressing the poor majority of heterosexual males.
Rich wrote:Cis heterosexual males have suffered massive discrimination, take the prison system just for starters.
:roll: What a fucking load of bullshit.

Please provide a source for this utterly baseless claim.

Oh joining the EU is easy ! Just ask Turkey ! :l[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

They should. That's the role of a tool. Europe […]

I did say that Trump and Biden have similar views,[…]

Quibbling about terminology is the exact method u[…]