The Next UK PM everybody... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
snapdragon wrote:Kaiserschmarrn , if I had neighbours who'd call the police if they heard a woman screaming, "Get off me" along with a lot of crashing and banging, I'd be very happy.

I have no problem with the police being called especially when no-one answers the door (assuming it is true that the neighbour knocked on the door). Would you also be happy if your neighbours made a recording and gave it to a newspaper, knowing that this was nothing but a loud row because the police made sure that nothing was wrong?

Here's another neighbour's account:
MSN wrote:Another neighbour, a nursery teacher who lives with her husband and four-year-old son in the top flat next door, told the Times that she could hear “shouting and screaming”.

Fatimah, 32, said: “It was really loud, loud enough to make me turn down the TV and see what was going on. I could hear shouting and screaming from a lady, she sounded really angry. There was a man’s voice too, but he was much calmer and he was telling her to calm down but she was still chucking things about,” she said. “It went on for about 10 minutes. I’ve never heard anything like it. I was considering calling the police but then a [police] van and car came.”
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:made a recording and gave it to a newspaper

Are you really so naive? It's a political campaign. If you have proof the other fellow beats his wife/girlfriend, you tell the world.

:)
If the neighbour concerned was likely to be our next PM, I'd be delirious with joy.

Politicians shouldn't get away with anything.
Although some PoFoers are absolutely not concerned by this, some big Tory donors are. :excited:

The Guardian wrote:Boris Johnson row: top Tory party donor joins calls for explanation

Taxi tycoon John Griffin voices concerns about morality of leadership favourite

Rajeev Syal

Mon 24 Jun 2019 12.18 BST First published on Mon 24 Jun 2019 11.06 BST

ImageJohn Griffin, founder of Addison Lee: ‘We deserve an explanation about that row.’ Photograph:
Frantzesco Kangaris/The Guardian

One of the Conservative party’s most generous donors has joined a growing chorus of demands for Boris Johnson to explain why police were called to his home after an altercation with his partner.

John Griffin, the taxi tycoon who has given £4m to the Tories over the last six years, has expressed concerns about the morality of the favourite to become prime minister and called on him to explain the circumstances of a furious row with his partner, Carrie Symonds.

His comments follow demands from Johnson’s leadership rival, Jeremy Hunt, fellow cabinet ministers and Tory backbenchers for the former London mayor to answer questions about his past behaviour amid growing concerns about his character.

Asked about Johnson’s responsibilities before the Conservative party chooses a new leader next month, Griffin, the Tories’ second biggest donor, told the Guardian he should explain exactly what had happened.

“We deserve an explanation about that row, and he has to handle it properly. He can’t assume that we are going to support him when he has not explained every detail,” he said.

“It is likely that he is going to become the PM and most members want to support him. But if I did anything wrong, I would need to explain. Because he hasn’t, it is a real worry.”

The story emerged after a neighbour told the Guardian he had been so concerned by a late-night altercation between Johnson and Symonds that he had felt obliged to call the police. Other neighbours confirmed the argument had taken place and said they had been concerned by its intensity.

Griffin, a Brexiter and founder of the cab firm Addison Lee, expressed concerns about Johnson’s morality and said he should also come clean about his previous behaviour, including his responsibilities to his children.

Johnson has four children by his former wife, Marina Wheeler, and a child with a woman with whom he had an affair. However, he has been dogged by unproven claims that he has at least one more child. Johnson has refused to comment.

Griffin, who stood down as chairman of Addison Lee in 2014, said: “Each of his children need his love and attention. But he needs to show that he has given it to them. He cannot say that it is irrelevant. It is highly relevant. It is one of the ways you measure a person.

“He may very well be the best father ever, but he needs to tell us about it. It is a fair question,” he said.

Griffin also called for Johnson to address allegations that he had had extramarital affairs and had mistreated women in those relationships.

“We need to know if he can be trusted because he will get even more attention from women if he becomes PM. I would be concerned if he went marauding around, taking advantage of women by using his position. It would not be right at all,” he said.

Griffin is the second major Conservative donor to demand that Johnson explain what happened on Friday in Camberwell, south London. Another, who has given the party more than £500,000, told the Guardian the issue around the row was damaging the party. “We are a laughing stock,” he said.

Griffin’s intervention comes as the party becomes increasingly dependent upon major donors.

The former mayor of London, who is widely expected to win the leadership race, is due to take part in a digital hustings with Tory party members on Monday.

Earlier on Monday, Hunt sidestepped questions about whether Johnson was a fit person to be prime minister, but emphasised that the runaway favourite among the party’s members needed to earn the trust of voters.

“The way to earn that trust with Conservative party members and with the country is to subject yourself to scrutiny to answer questions about what you actually want to do,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.

He said it was “incredibly disrespectful” of Johnson to refuse to take part in any head-to-head television debates until after ballot papers had gone out to party members, and warned that a Johnson-led government would rapidly collapse.

Good job, Carrie, congratulations! :up: :D
Beren wrote:Although some PoFoers are absolutely not concerned by this, some big Tory donors are. :excited:

Indeed. Silence speaks volumes. If the event wasn't embarrassing and just a tiff he would have explained by now. The fact he hasn't suggests that BoJo has been a very naughty clown. :lol:
Beren wrote:Although some PoFoers are absolutely not concerned by this, some big Tory donors are. :excited:

If UK sentiment is anything like the US, I don't think anybody will care because when you demand that people support gay marriage, there really isn't any sort of moral argument you can make from a traditional perspective. What we know is that Boris Johnson is heterosexual and seems to like the ladies. I don't think the establishment realized that they were throwing away a lot of their soft power of moral arguments when they signed up for all the weirdness they espouse.
blackjack21 wrote:What we know is that Boris Johnson is heterosexual and seems to like the ladies.

Sure, this is all about BoJo and Trump just being real men. :lol:

However, Trump kept his promise and married Melania at least. ;)
ingliz wrote:Are you really so naive? It's a political campaign.

I've been saying it's political.

ingliz wrote:If you have proof the other fellow beats his wife/girlfriend, you tell the world.

This is a case of if you know nothing happened you tell the world.

snapdragon wrote:Politicians shouldn't get away with anything.

Spilling red wine is indeed beyond the pale.
ingliz wrote:If you have proof the other fellow beats his wife/girlfriend, you tell the world.

Yes, but if this behavior is going to be tolerated in the UK's Muslim population, it should be tolerated for everyone else too. Much more so in Europe than in the US, acquiescence to Islam is at the very least the end of feminism as a movement. With the establishment embrace of non-traditional families, there is nothing BoJo is doing that is far outside the mainstream of contemporary British culture. Britain is no longer a nation of prim and proper moralists with a stiff upper lip.

Trump just received another #metoo claim that he sexually assaulted some women selling a book who claims to have been sexually assaulted by some five other people and never reported any of this to the police.

Beren wrote:Sure, this is all about BoJo and Trump just being real men. :lol:

I'm not that close on British politics, but I'm guessing if attitudes are anything like the United States, the electorate doesn't give a shit. You can't have your police forces hiding rape grooming gangs and then throwing a fit, because your leading candidate for PM is a baller.

Beren wrote:However, Trump kept his promise and married Melania at least. ;)

Trump's got enough money to raise a lot of kids, and he has kids with all of his wives.

AFIAK wrote:BoJo's tenure as foreign secretary was such a mess I wonder why anyone thinks he's qualified to be PM. Especially during Brexit.

Britain is a such a mess, how could he possibly be any worse?
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Spilling red wine is indeed beyond the pale.

If that was all that happened then declare as such rather than dodge questions. Although we know a laptop was also involved and so was encroachment by the audio evidence.

As for BoJos Brexit plans, it relies on unicorns. He has now declared it requires cooperation with the EU. Being that the EU did not cooperate with May and are unlikely to do so with someone they hate, coupled that a dozen Tory rebels have declared they will bring down a no deal government, you have a ask why he wants to be leader anyway. His rein will not last three months.
B0ycey wrote:If that was all that happened then declare as such rather than dodge questions. Although we know a laptop was also involved and so was encroachment by the audio evidence.

Up to him if he wants to answer silly questions like this.

B0ycey wrote:As for BoJos Brexit plans, it relies on unicorns. He has now declared it requires cooperation with the EU. Being that the EU did not cooperate with May and are unlikely to do so with someone they hate, coupled that a dozen Tory rebels have declared they will bring down a no deal government, you have a ask why he wants to be leader anyway. His rein will not last three months.

Let's come back to this thread in three months' time and see if you are right.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Up to him if he wants to answer silly questions like this.

Then he is fucking useless. You believe these questions will disappear because "he or you" thinks they are silly? These questions will remain right up until his tenure and beyond. Although to me he is a GF beating adulterer who isn't fit for office until some form of other explaination is given and scrutinised.

Let's come back to this thread in three months' time and see if you are right.

Well I will be right unless he U-turns and asks for an extention because he has a slim majority of 4 with a minimum of 12 rebels saying they will force a no confidence vote on him if he pursues "No Deal".
B0ycey wrote:Then he is useless. You think these questions will disappear because "he or you" thinks they are silly? These questions will remain right up until his tenure and beyond.

I'm sure the Guardian will be desperate to keep this non-story alive.

B0ycey wrote:Although to me he is a GF beating adulterer who isn't fit for office until some forms of other explaination is given and scrutinised.

You are entitled to your vivid imagination.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:I'm sure the Guardian will be desperate to keep this non-story alive.

You are aware that this story remains as such because of Johnson and not the Guardian? Had he answered the questions in the Birmingham hustings perhaps the news outlets would have stopped running this story by now, especially if all that happened was the spilling of wine. Although the evidence does suggest that what happened was actually more than that. Nonetheless just to make it clear, this "non-story" is a story now because of the secrecy and not the event itself and the blame of that comes down to Johnson.

You are entitled to your vivid imagination.

Silence speaks volumes in such a story. Only the guilty would hide behind bogus excuses to maintain their silence. Although my imagination has audio evidence. What evidence do you have that this is a non story and a nothing event?

You don't even have a testimony from Johnson suggesting otherwise FYI. :lol:
Last edited by B0ycey on 25 Jun 2019 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
B0ycey wrote:rein

reign

noun

1. the period of rule of a monarch.

:roll:
blackjack21 wrote:Trump's got enough money to raise a lot of kids, and he has kids with all of his wives.

Even Trump is a more reliable and devoted family man, he's a patriarch actually, and even his promises are worth more than that of BoJo's are. BoJo is a joke even compared to Trump.
B0ycey wrote:Only the guilty would hide behind bogus excuses

Add to that the 'bogus' lovey-dovey photo turning up so conveniently.

Bogus?

When pressed*, Piffle admitted it was staged photograph taken a full 6 weeks before the bust-up.

:lol:

* Nick Ferrari, LBC talk radio.
Last edited by ingliz on 25 Jun 2019 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]