Why are Europeans always condemning the USA instead of stopping it? - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
#15013527
"We probably would if we could. Unfortunately, we share the single largest land border in the world, and they are our number one trading partner. So severing ties is not exactly easy.

Also, how the heck are we supposed to stop the US from making an ass of themselves? It’s not like we can march down there and conquer the US tomorrow.

So we do what we can. We call out the US on their wrong doings, and attempt to guilt pressure them into changing. Not much else we can do."

- Connor Dalton, lives in Canada

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Canadians ... es-with-it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Because hypocrisy is more convenient than principle.

Canadians enjoy their anti US opinions, but take full advantage of the benefits of proximity.

Perhaps Canada should keep its US obsession in check.

Otherwise, pick up a weapon and stand opposed.
"

- David Hapka, Retired Civil Servant

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Canadians ... ent_type=2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hurts don't it canucks? Go on, give me your response!
#15013595
dontwastemytime wrote:Okay, let me rephrase the question: Why is the world always condemning the evils of the US instead of stopping it?

Surely, vs. 194, the US won't stand a chance.


The US is no more evil than anyone else. If they get into scraps a bit more often than most it is only because they have more dollar and can afford the extravagance of war. I don't know how you got the idea that europeans are peaceniks given they, taken together, probably get into fights at least as often as the US.
#15013603
SolarCross wrote:The US is no more evil than anyone else. If they get into scraps a bit more often than most it is only because they have more dollar and can afford the extravagance of war. I don't know how you got the idea that europeans are peaceniks given they, taken together, probably get into fights at least as often as the US.


Without Anglo-Saxon intervention I think it's safe to say Europe would have destroyed itself.

Anglos have always been balancers on the European continent.
#15013605
Political Interest wrote:Without Anglo-Saxon intervention I think it's safe to say Europe would have destroyed itself.

Anglos have always been balancers on the European continent.


Well that is a nice way to put it.

The Brits were fairly desperate to defuse the escalating tensions in the run up to WW1 but to no avail. Neville Chamberlain and co. did no better in the run up to WW2. So Europe ended up destroying itself anyway and we got sucked into the maelstrom. Maybe we helped get a better outcome out of the wars, or maybe we just tried to put out a fire with petrol..

What would the world have been like if the Central powers had won WW1 because Britain had stayed out of it?

What would the world have been like if the Axis powers had won WW2 because Britain had stayed out of it?

:?:
#15013941
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Invading the USA.

Yeah, right.

The only date at which such a posting would be appropiate would be April 1.

Even if all other countries on the planet, not just Europe, would combine their forces, that would still only be about equal forces opposing each other.

Europe alone ? We would have to massively strengthen our military first.

Also, as Eisenhower put it, you cant do military action without support from the population. How exactly are you planning on getting support for THAT from the europeans ? They oppose any war, fullstop. Even more so a war against the USA. Thats just a braindead idea. :knife:

Also, any country that has 200+ nuclear bombs ready for deployment, and the means to deliver them worldwide, can threaten to wipe out mankind, or at least massively reduce population back to the stone ages, with a nuclear winter.

The USA has thousands such bombs, and the ICBMs to deliver them whereever they feel like.


What Europe COULD do would lessen our alliance with USA due to how it spins out of control recently, and form stronger alliances with other countries. Here the choices are limited though. Russia and India would be sort of a possibility. And a lot of smaller countries, like Canada, Japan, Australia etc.

Brasilia is already at least problematic, due to their strong corruption, as are large parts of south america.

But of the really strong countries, a lot are no democracies or very questionable democracies, like China, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Israel.

Still, it could be done.
#15013976
@Negotiator,

Also, as Eisenhower put it, you cant do military action without support from the population. How exactly are you planning on getting support for THAT

Many populations don't support going against the States because they were brainwashed by American Zionist media. It's so Americanized, and the populations are getting more Zionist it's disgusting and ghetto.
What Europe COULD do would lessen our alliance with USA due to how it spins out of control recently, and form stronger alliances with other countries. Here the choices are limited though. Russia and India would be sort of a possibility. And a lot of smaller countries, like Canada, Japan, Australia etc.

Canada and Australia are similar to the States. India is disgusting. Russia is obsolete. Germany is the best option, but it's being ruled by Zionist agencies, American culture, and there's lots of international Zionist treaties that prevent Germany from being a superpower that is similar to the British Empire, or the States.
#15014202
I think maybe somebody is mis-reading Germany. Germany is lead by progressive apologists, not zionist influences.

re: Europeans stopping the USA: I know of about two countries in europe who haven't elected impotent leaders - who lead only through scaring their sheep into allowing more and more government control. European Nations are more concerned with stopping their own nation's economic and social liberty than anything the USA is doing.
#15014208
SolarCross wrote:The US/Nato is a crazy strong alliance, by its mere existence both China and Russia have to watch their steps a bit. Note even having Nato as a rival didn't stop Russia from escapades in the Crimea, Ukraine, Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Chechnya etc in recent times, nevermind ancient history like in Soviet times. China is testing all the powers on its borders: Russia, Japan and India. It was a while ago but they threw the gauntlet down in Tibet, Korea and Vietnam. Neither powers have really changed a bit except they got a little smarter at economics which in all probability will only make them more aggressive and dangerous in the future.

The yanks really don't have any kind of special monopoly on being an obnoxious bad ass as you seem to assume. If anything they tend to be somewhat more civilised on average due to two powerful cultural factors: Christianity and (classical) liberalism. Russia may be recovering their Christianity and may adopt some liberalism in the future but for now realpolitik rules, literally in the figure of Putin. China has neither influence to speak of. In its history it had Confucianism and Buddhism but the elites there now basically hold both in complete contempt. There is hardly a snowball's chance in hell of them ever adopting anything out of liberalism. See what they do to activists for democracy....

You are on the wrong side again.


To piggy-back....

The US with German approval/support removed its armor from Europe 20 years ago. Not long after there was no serious threat, Putin invaded and took over part of Ukraine. Wasn't a coincidence. Weak leadership in the USA at the time, and weaker-still in Germay today paved the way for where we are.

Here is where we are: Germans decided "War bad!" and savagely reduced their military forces, instead depending on the USA's buying power and war-making power to defend them. Germans did this. German weakness is probably half what keeps US Forces in this country.

Further complicating things: Germans, by and large, obey ANY authority appointed over them. It's probably how Hitler did the things he did without much trouble from within german borders. The prevailing sentiment across germans is this: "Well, the government says (insert thing) so that thing MUST be (insert descriptive comment)" For example:

Run-of-the-mill German: "The GOVERNMENT tells us we shouldn't be allowed to shop on Sundays, because the GOVERNMENT knows best, and the GOVERNMENT says we should stay home with our families!" Thus, despite perhaps a desire for SOME people to either avoid their families on sunday, OR despite some people's desire to work to make money to support their families, they kowtow to their Government.

Again: "The Government says mankind is making the climate bad! Thus, the Government says we should waist billions of Euro on Wind generators which not-only damage the environment, they offer little return on investment, but - just like our oppressive taxes - we don't CARE because the GOVERNMENT says we shouldn't care...we should trust them!"

it's sickening what's become of Liberty-minded Germans. :( Breaks my heart a bit.
#15014439
SSDR wrote:@Negotiator,
Many populations don't support going against the States because they were brainwashed by American Zionist media.

Wait, WHAT ?

Are you by any chance completely unaware what war even means ??!?!?!??

War means your young people go into war and many of them either dont come back or only come back as a cripple.

That means young people without arms and legs, unable to ever have a life anymore.

People who are blind.

People without a jaw.

People with all kinds of mental defects due to a hit in the brain.

Every single damn disability you ever heard or not heard of that can be caused by weapons.

And even those that are unharmed on the surface often get all kinds of issues, aka PSD, up to ending up committing suicide because they cannot handle life anymore.

So you need to give people a damn good reason to ever tolerate that. No "brainwashing" necessary for that one !

Even more so because if Europe would fight the USA, we would directly fight our own people. Since the USA is christian and primarily caucasian, just like us Europeans. So we'd cause the same suffering to the other side !

In the case of the USA, after the Vietnam disaster they simply only do war with private soldiers, i.e. mostly with poor people in their country who cant find a better job, in Iraq they even paid good money for completely private companies and their services instead of any official soldiers. The losses of these private companies are officially unknown and arent counted among the 7000 soldiers the USA officially lost in Iraq. And more recently they also simply heavily rely on drones instead of actually going there.

So no, there is really no need for any "brainwashing" there. People simply know a bit more about life than, apparently, you do ?!?!?

I'm really confused now why I even have to explain this. Isnt everything I just wrote bloody obvious to everyone ?

Plus, as I wrote, we europeans dont exactly fancy war in the first place anyway.
#15014546
@Negotiator,

Just because someone doesn't actually want to have war because it's too horrible for them doesn't mean they wouldn't loathe them. It's one thing to not want to go to war with a Zionist country, or with any country. It's another thing to culturally support them because their Zionist media brainwashed you. That's why their culture is corrupt, because they're brainwashed by Zionists.
#15014550
as an aside, few things in life bring me greater peace then seeing an american-made apache helicopter brandishing the star of david, pounding the hell out of some arab-terrorist crap hole "house". Would give almost anything if the arabs in Palestine stop trying to kill the jews - that would solve everything. But they won't stop trying to kill infidels. So the war continues. Until islam is no more - militant islam that is.
#15016399
I know what Europeans are going to say: "The Americans deserve it! They are evil and keep destroying the world with their wars, their invasions, their coups. They are a terrorist state! Their corporations suck up the wealth of poor nations. They have exploited our continent since after WW2. We want to build closer relations with Russia and China but they won't let us. They are the reason why many countries are poor. They are the main threat to world peace. Their tourist are fat and annoying and ignorant and can't point to where Norway is on the map, I wish they didn't come to Europe. We Europeans are smarter then them. We should be ruling the ward, not them. The US will one day fall and a new European age will emerge bringing with it peace and prosperity and spreading it all over the world! We, the enlightened Europeans will lead this and the yankee imperialists will fall to the anal pits of heck! Pax Europaea!"

Europeans, if that is the case, why are you not doing anything to stop them!? Why are you still allied with them!? Why are you still trading with them!? Why do you still flock to their country in the millions! Why let them in as well!? Why let those evil corporations in!? Why let McDonald's and all those so called nasty food that you hate in!? Why tolerate them in, in anyway what so freaking ever!? Why can't you do anything about it!? Why just complain!? Why!? WHY!? WHY!? WHY!? WHY!? WHY!? If your argument is that they are too powerful, then that is not an excuse and if that is the case, why are you complaining then!? You shouldn't complaining! You don't have the right to complain! If your hope is to keep criticizing them in the hopes that they will listen to you, then no! Europeans, the Americans are not going to listen to you and even if they do, what then? Do you expect them to feel sorry, mend their errors, change their ways and become a better people? How naive! If your argument is that most Europeans have been brainwashed by the evil US, then I don't believe you because there many Europeans who say these things and if it is true that Europeans have truly been brainwashed, then why don't you re-brainwash Europeans!?

I ask the question: "Can Europe defeat the US?", many Europeans say yes; heck the British believes that they can defeat them!

I now ask the question: "If Europe can defeat the US, why doesn't Europe stop the US from doing evil things?" and then those same Europeans are gone!

What happened!? Where are you!? Hello!? Europeans who keep saying those things up above, where have you gone!? Seriously, where are you? Are you hiding because you can't give me an answer? So you are quick to give out arguments, you are quick to say yes to show off your superiority but not quick to give out solutions or to prove your superiority, is that's what's going on here!?

"Oh, ahh, the US is going to fall soon anyway so, ummm, no empire can exist forever, you know!"

Europeans, I thought that you are a better people? I thought that morally you are superior? I thought that in terms of intellect, you are superior? I thought that you are a just people who believe in equality for all? I thought that to you, everyone should have access to the basics of what is needed to survive, regardless of who they are? I thought that when you set foot on European soil, you are always entitled to breath Europe's free air; that the chains that were holding you to the ground from where ever you may have come from can be unchained in Europe? That you are free to pursue your dreams and the pursuit of happiness is limitless? And above all else, evil cannot exist in Europe nor can it exist on the face of the Earth, while Europe exists?

Europeans, it is time to prove it! Be better! Prove that you are better! Don't say it! Prove it!
#15016450
Ma'am??? Aren't you jumping to more conclusions? Last time I looked, I was a male in my mid-teens, and I have never claimed to be anything else on this board. I am also an European by birth, although I live in Australia.

The reason for the question marks is that I have never been arrogant to Americans (or anyone else) - as a high school student, I am at the bottom of the social pecking order, and not in the position to feel superior to anyone, and I certainly don't.

If I am to judge your rant by what has been written on this board, I don't remember any European (that I know of - members don't always state their nationality) writing arrogant stuff about Americans. My family visited the USA when I was little, and I remember the Americans I met as nice and friendly people - I think most people probably think of Americans that way.

So unless you can show examples of Europeans being arrogant towards Americans, your rant is just chucking a wobbly over something you imagine is happening.

This definition may help you explain what you mean -

arrogant - unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are more important than, or know more than, other people.
Ref: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... h/arrogant
#15016452
I have not seen this arrogance towards Americans, by Europeans, and I've met a lot of both.

If you are talking about people's attitude towards America, as a nation, and it's foreign policy, then that's something completely different.

Talk about Europe defeating American and such tripe, is complete and utter nonsense. Your questions are absurd, and ridiculous. Reactionary hogwash.
#15016457
Paddy14 wrote:your rant is just chucking a wobbly over something you imagine is happening.


Sir, I know Europeans and they are angry. You can taste the tension when you talk to them. They want something done about the evils of America. Now my question is: why haven't they done anything about it? Why don't they do something about?

Also sir, I wouldn't be posting such things if they weren't happening.
  • 1
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12

The upper classes and middle classes in Mexico ne[…]

The way he--and they--are happy to adopt as an i[…]

It probably shouldn't be surprising that Labour th[…]

Welcome to Social Government Well what if I told […]