Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 60 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
:lol:

That's not an argument. That's an excuse.

Trump's tax cuts are the primary cause of the deficit.

Trump's Big "Win": The Largest Budget Deficit With A Strong Economy

Trump will break the record

When you take into account how the economy is doing it shows that President Trump’s budget deficits as a percentage of GDP will exceed any other President’s during a time of economic expansion. From the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget or CFRB, the chart’s blue line shows the deficit as a percentage of GDP. At the projected 4.6% for fiscal 2019 it will the be largest in a non-recession year and is expected to stay above this level in the future.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones ... 56730549d1
Godstud wrote:That's not an argument. That's an excuse.

Actually, it was neither. It was a simple fucking question.

A question, I might add, for which you possess a remarkable inability to intelligently address...
By Godstud
I addressed it. I assumed that your question was rhetorical. My source even shows that Trump's on track for being the WORST deficit when the USA was not in a recession.

At the projected 4.6% for fiscal 2019 it will the be largest in a non-recession year and is expected to stay above this level in the future.
Godstud wrote:I addressed it. I assumed that your question was rhetorical. My source even shows that Trump's on track for being the WORST deficit when the USA was not in a recession.

At the projected 4.6% for fiscal 2019 it will the be largest in a non-recession year and is expected to stay above this level in the future.

That is all left-wing propaganda.
By Godstud
It's facts. You simply can't accept any facts that don't confirm your deluded worship of Deranged Donald.
Godstud wrote:It's facts. You simply can't accept any facts that don't confirm your deluded worship of Deranged Donald.

Speculation and propaganda are not what I call facts. Donald Trump is a genius; however, I do not worship him. I worship and praise the Lord.
HalleluYah
Then you should be condemnning what Trump's done to those children on the border
Stormsmith wrote:Then you should be condemnning what Trump's done to those children on the border

I condemn the Democrats for not appropriating the money to take care of them properly. They would not even give money for more beds. There was a big story about that even in your left-wing media.
By Crantag
BigSteve wrote:Who was the last President to leave office with a smaller deficit than when he took office?

Bill Clinton. Bush made a huge tax give away and wages war on credit. Obama was elected in the midst of the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression.
Stormsmith wrote:Then you should be condemnning what Trump's done to those children on the border

Here is something more recent. Apparently the left-wing radicals don't even want charitable groups to help.

Wayfair employees protest apparent sale of children’s beds to border detention camp, stock drops

More than 500 Wayfair employees signed on to a petition and are trying to rally support for a walkout Wednesday to protest the company’s apparent sale of $200,000 of mattresses to a detention camp for migrant children along the Mexican border.

The company sold the mattresses on June 13 to a charity group that works as a federal contractor managing some of the camps along the southern border, according to a copy of the sales receipt obtained by CNBC and verified by an employee. The roughly 1,600 mattresses and 100 bunk beds are scheduled to arrive in Carrizo Springs, Texas, on Wednesday and Thursday, according to the receipt.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/25/wayfair ... -camp.html
By jimjam
The country’s three richest individuals—Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezos—collectively hold more wealth than the bottom 50% of the domestic population, “a total of 160 million people or 63 million American households.” Roughly a fifth of Americans have zero or negative net worth. Bezos, Gates and Buffett held a combined fortune of $248.5 billion in mid-September, when numbers were locked in for the 2017 Forbes 400 list. Since then that figure has risen to an estimated $263 billion.

Hey! Here's an idea. Let's give a giant tax reduction of a trillion or two to these folks and their buddies down at the club. Without any doubt whatsoever they will jump at the chance to help the less wealthy Americans with the ole "trickle down" routine :lol: . The "Trump Deficit" is now over a trillion a year. No problem ….. just oil up the printing presses down at the mint and pretend there is no inflation.
jimjam wrote:The country’s three richest individuals—Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezos—collectively hold more wealth than the bottom 50% of the domestic population, “a total of 160 million people or 63 million American households.”

I am sure those three richest individuals are Democrats. So you Democrats should be able to get them to redistribute some of their wealth with no problem.
HalleluYah
By jimjam
As a result of Obese Donald's easy to win trade war economists at the New York Fed estimate that the average household will end up paying more than $1,000 a year in higher prices.
Hindsite wrote:I am sure those three richest individuals are Democrats. So you Democrats should be able to get them to redistribute some of their wealth with no problem.
HalleluYah

For your information, Gates and Buffet already pledged to give out most of their wealth.
jimjam wrote:As a result of Obese Donald's easy to win trade war economists at the New York Fed estimate that the average household will end up paying more than $1,000 a year in higher prices.

And they will also have at least 2 or 3 times that much in higher income.
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:And they will also have at least 2 or 3 times that much in higher income.
There is no evidence of this, so this is just empty speculation.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:And they will also have at least 2 or 3 times that much in higher income.

Did the Federal reserve say that? WOW! :eek: I must have missed it? :lol:
By Godstud
Nice cool morning... 25C :)
Rained most of the night, and now should be a cloudy by mostly dry, day.

Cows next door, even! They didn't seem to mind.
By jimjam
Despite declaring Canadian steel and aluminium a "national security threat" and imposing tariffs that had no other effect than to permit U.S. producers to raise their prices and gouge the market, the end result was a NAFTA 2.0 barely distinguishable from the version that preceded it. All the tariffs Trump imposed on Canada and Mexico in an attempt to force a renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement led to a new agreement so similar to the old one that you need a magnifying glass to see the differences. And while Canadians know that Americans don't care (or even know) about anything outside their own borders, the opinion of the U.S. in Canada has fallen to historic lows, a shift in sentiment echoed rather broadly around the world. Trashing allies, praising despots, treating migrant children worse than cattle and lurching from one strange policy position to its opposite in the same day. American has truly become the loud, boorish, drunk neighbour you hope will just leave.

Hmm. How old is this guy? Could be he is not an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the question of why is the Liberal so stupid, i[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]