No wonder Labour antisemitism got the Panorama treatment Tory racism is too much to fit into 1 hour - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15018408
noemon wrote:How is what I wrote about Hodge in any way "a criticism"? You are not making any sense.

You are pointing out faults in her behaviour.

noemon wrote:You are not making any sense here either. Skinster did make a claim in other thread and relied on innuendo and flippancy to argue her claim that the Hong Kong protesters were US stooges/pawns rather than honest and real protesters for their own human rights. You are also using and abusing the exact same tactics in this thread and you are also being proud about it too. :?:

I have no idea about the details of your argument with her, as I didn't follow the several pages of your discussion. She did not make a claim in my exchange with her and that's what I was referring to. Now that I clarified this for you, I will ignore you on this issue. Let's get to the appalling anti-semitism in the Labour party.
#15018411
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:You are pointing out faults in her behaviour.


You are misrepresenting what I wrote. What do you see as a fault in her behaviour any why? It seems to me that you are the one making the assumptions against the victim. I have only stated precisely what she did by her own admission(.ie she compared her own Labour party to Nazi Germany), but have not taken any position on it. Why are you falsely claiming that I have?

I have no idea about the details of your argument with her, as I didn't follow the several pages of your discussion. She did not make a claim in my exchange with her and that's what I was referring to. Now that I clarified this for you, I will ignore you on this issue. Let's get to the appalling anti-semitism in the Labour party.


I am not sure why you are making all these untrue statements:

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:It looks like none of those who are insinuating that the protests were fabricated by the US/west seem to be prepared to put forward a concrete case, preferring to rely on innuendo, counter questions and dismissive or flippant comments in response to valid questions.


You are referring to a particular claim indeed. And everything you are telling her apply to yourself in this thread and the most disappointing thing is that it was said at exactly the same time. You wrote to her and then came to this thread second later to use the exact same tactics that she did.

Regarding Labour's antisemitism:

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Since you have so far offered nothing but evasive and/or flippant answers, don't be surprised if you are not taken seriously but regarded as someone who has gone down the propaganda rabbit hole a bit too far.
#15018422
noemon wrote:You are misrepresenting what I wrote. What do you see as a fault in her behaviour any why? It seems to me that you are the one making the assumptions against the victim. I have only stated precisely what she did by her own admission(.ie she compared her own Labour party to Nazi Germany), but have not taken any position on it. Why are you falsely claiming that I have?

Saying you didn't mean it as a criticism isn't a good look either. On the upside, every post you made in this thread serves to demonstrate my points that people on the left are mostly unaware of the rules they apply to the opposition and have no idea how to deal with allegations like this. Since I don't have much hope that lefties will learn anything from this, I'll restrict myself to watching them dig what is hopefully their own grave on this issue and getting a few laughs out of it.
#15018427
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Saying you didn't mean it as a criticism isn't a good look either.


Misrepresenting what I wrote is not a good look for you. You have been asked more than 3 times to show what exactly in my words "criticises or attacks" someone and you have failed to do so.

On the upside, every post you made in this thread serves to demonstrate my points that people on the left are mostly unaware of the rules they apply to the opposition and have no idea how to deal with allegations like this.


Sounds like you are projecting and talking about yourself, unashamedly so as well since you admit you are merely trolling this thread with what you rationalise to be "leftist" logic.

Since I don't have much hope that lefties will learn anything from this, I'll restrict myself to watching them dig what is hopefully their own grave on this issue and getting a few laughs out of it.


I have not taken a laugh out of our conversation, just disappointment that a good poster is engaging in such trolling and flippant arguments.
#15018429
noemon wrote:Misrepresenting what I wrote is not a good look for you. You have been asked more than 3 times to show what exactly in my words "criticises or attacks" someone and you have failed to do so.

Those are the left-wing rules. Don't shoot the messenger.

noemon wrote:Sounds like you are projecting and talking about yourself, unashamedly so as well since you admit you are merely trolling this thread with what you rationalise to be "leftist" logic.

I have not taken a laugh out of our conversation, just disappointment that a good poster is engaging in such trolling and flippant arguments.

I'm not trolling at all. I think this could serve as a valuable lesson for the left if they wanted to understand what's happening to them. It just doesn't look likely.
#15018431
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Those are the left-wing rules. Don't shoot the messenger.


Do not blame others for intentionally misrepresenting my posts. There is no such excuse.

I'm not trolling at all. I think this could serve as a valuable lesson for the left if they wanted to understand what's happening to them. It just doesn't look likely.


If your argument is that the left should tolerate active racist policy like the windrush scandal, or otherwise they should be accused of racism with unsubstantiated anecdotes and slander, then you should understand why your argument is not just wrong but pure blackmail. "Do not oppose racism in any form otherwise we will call you racists till the end of time and mobilise the entire MSM infrastructure to that end". :roll: That's not a lesson, that's just blackmail.
#15018433
Counter-attacks and double standards won't help with this, sorry. It's no coincidence that the most severe damage to the Labour party is done by left-wingers themselves. They have this method down pat through long term practice against the right.
#15018435
As you said to someone else:

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Since you have so far offered nothing but evasive and/or flippant answers, don't be surprised if you are not taken seriously but regarded as someone who has gone down the propaganda rabbit hole a bit too far.


Sounds like you have gone down the propaganda hole a bit too far and you are offering nothing but evasive and/or flippant answers.
#15018448
The arguments used(just the truth really, mainly that the accusers have not offered any evidence or even named the accused) have not been challenged and your flippant arguments have run out of steam despite your intelligence which just goes to show you how quickly they should run out of steam for the average propagandist out there. Flippancy always run out of steam as long as intelligent people stand up to it. Of course if they give up due to the repression of the MSM(as some of them often do), then they have only themselves to blame.

Regardless, despite all these attacks, and despite that the entire media apparatus in the UK is reproducing these attacks on a permanent basis totally ridiculing the idea that the "MSM are leftist", Labour continues to grow both in membership and in the polls. Lastly this here is the political arena.
#15018461
It probably shouldn't be surprising that Labour thinks it's a good idea to try and suppress the airing of the documentary, but still... :lol:
The Times wrote:
Labour tells BBC to remove Panorama from iPlayer

Labour has demanded that the BBC remove its Panorama documentary about antisemitism in the party from iPlayer.

A spokesman said yesterday that the programme should be “removed from BBC iPlayer until basic facts are corrected, full and unedited quotes are used and an apology is issued”. According to Labour’s analysis of the hour-long programme its own position was on screen for five minutes, he added.

The BBC has strongly defended its programme and the reporter, John Ware.

Twenty-eight MPs have demanded that Jeremy Corbyn set up an independent investigation into accusations that the Labour high command interfered with antisemitism allegations.

The Tribune group of Labour MPs, mostly on the mainstream “soft left” of the party, said that they were shocked by claims made in last Wednesday’s Panorama “about the handling of antisemitism complaints and how individual employees have been treated”.

They added: “We support former employees in speaking out and commend their bravery in doing so.” The group includes Yvette Cooper, the former cabinet minister, Dan Jarvis, mayor of Sheffield City Region, Owen Smith, former leadership candidate, and four serving members of Mr Corbyn’s front bench.

“We do not accept that the thrust of these latest disclosures by hardworking staff members was motivated by anything other than genuine distress and concern . . . We are overdue the time for taking the kind of action which has any chance of restoring confidence in our values and processes.”

They called on the party’s ruling national executive committee to “immediately establish an independent investigation into the allegations of interference in the party’s disciplinary procedures [and] an independent complaints procedure with representation from the Jewish community which is totally independent from the leadership of the Labour Party”.

The Mail on Sunday reported that Mr Corbyn’s son, Seb, who works for John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor, had complained to his father that his aides, including Seumas Milne and Karie Murphy, had “too much power”. A Labour spokesman said the claim was “completely invented” and “categorically untrue”.

A BBC spokesman said: “There are no plans to remove the programme from iPlayer. The BBC stands by its journalism and we completely reject any accusations of bias or dishonesty. The investigation was not pre-determined, it was driven by the evidence. The outcome shows the serious questions facing the Labour Party and its leadership on this issue. The programme adhered to the BBC’s editorial guidelines, including contacting the Labour Party in advance of the broadcast for a full right of reply.”



And of course "smearing the victims" is not a good look.
#15018503
noemon wrote:BBC & SKY caught red-handed cutting and pasting, fiddling with Labour people's statements in order to create fake outrage.

Laura Pidcock Uncut seriously pawning outrageous journalists from the BBC and SKY.

Neither Pidcock nor McDonald accused the BBC or Sky of "cutting and pasting, fiddling with Labour people's statements in order to create fake outrage". They said a former Tory worker posted something misleading on Twitter (that seems to be Gareth Milner). Why are you claiming that was the BBC or Sky?
#15018506
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Neither Pidcock nor McDonald accused the BBC or Sky of "cutting and pasting, fiddling with Labour people's statements in order to create fake outrage". They said a former Tory worker posted something misleading on Twitter (that seems to be Gareth Milner). Why are you claiming that was the BBC or Sky?


This is quite astonishing. You have said nothing on the topic, ever, and the only outrage you consider reprehensible is this one. :roll:

a) Laura Pidcock said clearly:

I answered those questions for 10 minutes. Whether journalists choose to use that footage is a matter for them, but that is the truth of the matter


By journalists she means BBC and SKY journalists.

b) I thought it was the BBC and SKY who had released these outrageous footage, but even if they weren't, they were the ones who buried their own footage and permitted the outrage to fester. This outrage has been reproduced in all UK media. It was not the BBC and Sky who released the original footage that showed Laura's integrity but a private individual.

c) The journalists in the footage released are clearly agenda-driven, and the SKY people are obnoxious and quite rude.

---------------------------

What is you opinion on Labour's antisemitism? And what is your opinion on the British media's handling of this issue?
#15018513
noemon wrote:This is quite astonishing. You have said nothing on the topic, ever, and the only outrage you consider reprehensible is this one. :roll:

Not quite true; I reprimanded Rich earlier for making stuff up about the origins of the term 'antisemitism'. But yes, I do think your fake outrage is a bit reprehensible too. Both times I've commented when I've seen something fake.

b) I thought it was the BBC and SKY who had released these outrageous footage

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and agree you were just mistaken, if you go back and remove your incorrect accusation of the BBC and Sky.

, but even if they weren't, they were the ones who buried their own footage and permitted the outrage to fester. This outrage has been reproduced in all UK media. It was not the BBC and Sky who released the original footage that showed Laura's integrity but a private individual.

Ah, more fake outrage. The BBC and Sky went to the Durham Miners' Gala, an event only well known because Labour politicians use it to make speeches, and interviewed a Labour frontbencher about the main current Labour topic - antisemitism. You now think they should be broadcasting all their footage, however long or boring it may have been, and policing Twitter for anything anyone else ever films themselves about the interviews. Get real. No, it's not "in all UK media". It was in HuffPost, and a few specialist political websites.

What is you opinion on Labour's antisemitism? And what is your opinion on the British media's handling of this issue?

Labour has had a few people in it who are antisemitic, and quite a few more who are pro-Palestinian, but sometimes say unfortunate things that recall old antisemitic attacks. Labour has become very pig-headed about never admitting fault, and drags its heels, and gives the benefit of the doubt to the culprits, more than it should, since its history has been of fighting all forms of prejudice.

You can see this is a real problem because the Equality and Human Rights Commission, a body whose outlook you would have said a few years' ago was shared by the Labour leadership, launched an investigation, when the Labour party's initial response was inadequate.

Mark Steel, in the OP, is quite right that the Tory's Islamophobia is far larger. But a large part of that party has been traditionally prejudiced. It's news when it's Labour, because it's literally newer. There are many Labour members, Lords and MPs saying it's a problem. The media should not be ignoring them.
#15018516
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Not quite true; I reprimanded Rich earlier for making stuff up about the origins of the term 'antisemitism'. But yes, I do think your fake outrage is a bit reprehensible too. Both times I've commented when I've seen something fake.


It is actually very true, since you have never expressed an on-topic opinion on the matter since this post. There is nothing more fake than accusing Jeremy Corbyn for antisemitism and you have said nothing at all on it. Perhaps, it is time you reprimand you self for offering tacit support on fake accusations and for openly supporting all this fake outrage propagated by British media. Here's to hoping that you will apply your own standards to your own self with the same kind of no-nonsense honesty as myself for example.

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and agree you were just mistaken, if you go back and remove your incorrect accusation of the BBC and Sky.


If I go back and edit my post, I will also remove your post as well as it will no longer be referring to something. Second, this sentence is incredibly arrogant, rude and unnecessary.

Ah, more fake outrage. The BBC and Sky went to the Durham Miners' Gala, an event only well known because Labour politicians use it to make speeches, and interviewed a Labour frontbencher about the main current Labour topic - antisemitism. You now think they should be broadcasting all their footage, however long or boring it may have been, and policing Twitter for anything anyone else ever films themselves about the interviews. Get real. No, it's not "in all UK media". It was in HuffPost, and a few specialist political websites.


Why should these cheap excuses be given the benefit of the doubt? The BBC and SKY have failed to release their interviews with Laura and have permitted fake accusations against Laura be made regarding their interviews with her.

"Main current topic" is stretching it as well, it has been the "main current topic" British media are interested in relation to Labour for the past 3 years.

Labour has had a few people in it who are antisemitic, and quite a few more who are pro-Palestinian, but sometimes say unfortunate things that recall old antisemitic attacks. Labour has become very pig-headed about never admitting fault, and drags its heels, and gives the benefit of the doubt to the culprits, more than it should, since its history has been of fighting all forms of prejudice.

You can see this is a real problem because the Equality and Human Rights Commission, a body whose outlook you would have said a few years' ago was shared by the Labour leadership, launched an investigation, when the Labour party's initial response was inadequate.

Mark Steel, in the OP, is quite right that the Tory's Islamophobia is far larger. But a large part of that party has been traditionally prejudiced. It's news when it's Labour, because it's literally newer. There are many Labour members, Lords and MPs saying it's a problem. The media should not be ignoring them.


Labour has adopted the most stringent antisemitism definition that exists in the world today. It has hired 4 times more staff to deal with alleged antisemitic accusations coming from labour members and supporters in social media. Labour is being accused for not policing what members of the public(who support Labour) say in their facebook and twitter pages. Jeremy Corbyn himself has spoken several times and has offered to meet with Jewish Leaders and anyone. While at the same time there is an openly explicit policy from the Israeli Embassy to "never let this matter go". People that showed up in the BBC documentary accusing Jeremy Corbyn also featured in this documentary, where they were filmed planning to undermine Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party:



What exactly would bring this matter to an end? What should Labour and Jeremy Corbyn do exactly to counter this issue?
#15018990
Independent wrote:Baroness Hayter: Labour deputy Lords leader sacked as minister over 'deeply offensive' comments about Corbyn

'To compare the Labour leader and Labour Party staff working to elect a Labour government to the Nazi regime is truly contemptible,' spokesman says

Labour's deputy leader in the Lords Baroness Hayter has been sacked from her post as a shadow Brexit minister as the party's row over antisemitism has deepened further.

A spokesman said she had been removed from her frontbench position "with immediate effect for her deeply offensive remarks about Jeremy Corbyn and his office."

He added: “To compare the Labour leader and Labour Party staff working to elect a Labour government to the Nazi regime is truly contemptible, and grossly insensitive to Jewish staff in particular.”

Baroness Hayter remains the party's deputy leader in the Lords as that is an elected position.

She had compared Mr Corbyn’s “bunker mentality” leadership to “the last days of Hitler”.

Her firing came less than 24 hours after more than 60 Labour peers took out an extraordinary newspaper advertisement, accusing Mr Corbyn of failing the “test of leadership” and claiming he had been unable to defend Labour’s ”anti-racist values”.

The party is no longer a “safe place”, they warned.

The full page advertisement in The Guardian claims that he has prompted the resignation of “thousands” of members due to a “toxic culture you have allowed to divide our movement”.

It adds: “After initially defending the racist mural in east London you admitted being unable to recognise that it was antisemitic because you didn’t look closely enough.”

The peers also accuse Mr Corbyn of not having “opened (his) eyes” or “accepted responsibility” for the row which has engulfed the party.

“We can’t be a credible alternative government that will bring the country together if we can’t get our own house in order,” the advert says. “Your failure to do the right thing will lead to the failure of the Labour Party being able to make our country a better place for the people and communities we seek to serve.”

“You have failed to defend our party’s anti-racist values,” it adds. “You have therefore failed the test of leadership.”

Responding to the advert, a Labour Party spokesperson said Mr Corbyn “stands in solidarity with Jewish people”, adding: “Regardless of false and misleading claims about the party by those hostile to Jeremy Corbyn’s politics, Labour is taking decisive action against antisemitism.

They added: “Jeremy Corbyn has made clear in interviews, videos and and articles that there is no place for antisemitism in the party. Jennie Formby [general secretary] has sped up and strengthened procedures and the rate at which cases are dealt with has increased more than four-fold. Since September 2015, the number of cases that have undergone disciplinary procedures relate to about 0.06 per cent of members.


This seems like a turning point from Jeremy Corbyn constantly turning the other cheek to moving into the offensive. Jeremy Corbyn has tolerated being called a nazi by officials of the Labour party like Margaret Hodge and others for quite a while now while Labour has suspended several people merely for standing up and defending Jeremy Corbyn and the party against these accusations. Evidently this strategy of appeasement against libel and slander does not work.

It also seems that George Galloway is back in politics standing as an independent with a bid to unseat Tom Watson. It's probably fair to say at this point that Tom Watson's career in politics with Labour is most likely finished and what a dramatic end for the Deputy Leader that would be, unseated by an expelled former Labour MP running as an independent with no party or money backing him pledging to support a Labour government and Jeremy Corbyn.

#15020107




People ITT crying antisemitism while literally NEVER saying anything about the racism Israel perpetrates against the Palestinians EVERY DAY are not in the least convincing, sorry. WE SEE YOU. :D





noemon wrote:Skinster did make a claim in other thread and relied on innuendo and flippancy to argue her claim that the Hong Kong protesters were US stooges/pawns rather than honest and real protesters for their own human rights. You are also using and abusing the exact same tactics in this thread and you are being proud about it too. :?:


I posted an article about how the NED has been involved in protests in Hong Kong, that's not "innuendo" or whatever else. As I said to everyone in that thread crying about that report - as if I wrote it lol - that if you think the info in the article is incorrect, feel free to prove it.

But you're right about Watson's career in Labour.






#15020471
BBC Panorama hatchet job on Labour antisemitism is a farce
It is worth mentioning first of all that Panorama has not done a story on racism in months. This is astounding, given the Tory government’s victimisation of the Windrush generation, Theresa May’s ‘hostile environment’ policy, the growth of the far right, and the claims of extensive Islamophobia in the Tory Party, not to mention the number of openly racist statements made by Boris Johnson, Britain’s likely next PM.

Furthermore, the journalist behind this episode, John Ware, has a track record of targeting Muslims, the left and the Palestinian cause. This includes one Panorama episode where he accuses a Palestinian charity of being a front for terrorism, for which the BBC was forced to apologise and pay libel damages to the General Manager of Islamic Relief UK. That a rare Panorama episode on racism is now aiming at the left, and being fronted by a man like this, is remarkable.

The programme comes as three Labour peers, led by Lord Triesman, resigned from Labour this week citing institutional antisemitism in the party. Although, as is often the case with such charges of antisemitism from those hostile to Corbyn, no concrete evidence or examples of antisemitism have been given. However, his suggestion of a lack of commitment to NATO or to the EU, and accusations of “callow support for authoritarian leaders, not least Putin” appear to indicate more cynical motives and deep ideological differences with Corbyn and his politics.

The programme relies heavily on anecdotal evidence from a small number of members and ex-members. That’s not to assume that they are untrue, certainly not to deny that antisemitism exists. However, I think it is worth pointing out that, as anyone who has worked in any kind of public or commercial setting knows, the response procedures to allegations such as these never rest exclusively on the say-so of one individual. Less still are they taken as evidence that a particular issue, racism or otherwise, is endemic in the organisation. There should always be an attempt to establish an objective understanding of what is going on. For this, some data would surely help.

An investigation carried out by Labour General Secretary Jenny Formby found that since April 2018, 0.08% of Labour members have been involved in substantiated allegations of antisemitism. According to YouGov, antisemitic attitudes are far more prevalent in the Tory Party, whilst in Labour such attitudes have actually decreased since Jeremy Corbyn became leader. A study by the Institute for Jewish Policy Research in 2017 shows, unsurprisingly, that antisemitism is by far most prevalent on the far right. By no stretch of mathematics does any of this data stand as evidence that there is a particular problem of institutional antisemitism in the Labour Party. It does reveal, however, that antisemitism is being completely overlooked where it is actually prominent. I’m not at all surprised that the programme didn’t mention any of this.

The programme also targets the Palestine solidarity movement, by making conflations which so many of us have become familiar with. Ware asserts that solidarity with the Palestinians ‘blinded some to antisemitism’. This is absolutely not the experience of those who attend the wonderfully diverse demonstrations in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, where Jewish groups are often present, where anti-imperialism and anti-racism go hand-in-hand, and where there is always a loud and enthusiastic response to speakers who mention the need to oppose racism in all its forms, including antisemitism.

But, once again, there is a fudging of the definition of Zionism as something which is inseparable from Jewish identity, and concluding that it is therefore antisemitic to oppose Zionism. It is necessary, therefore, that we continue to be absolutely clear on what Zionism is and why we oppose it. Zionism is an expansionist colonial project, sponsored by Western powers with the aim of maintaining a client regime in the Middle East. This has led to the decades-long dispossession and military occupation of the Palestinians, creating a brutal apartheid regime and a huge refugee population.

It follows, therefore, that any serious opponent of imperialism must necessarily also be an opponent of Zionism. Conversely, support for Zionism is essential for any backers of current UK foreign policy, which of course include the Tory government as well as Corbyn’s most determined opponents in Labour. Establishment smears against the Corbyn project have always been as much about maintaining Western interests in the Middle East as they are about countering the threat from the left at home.

Some antisemitism does of course exist in the Labour Party. Like all forms of racism, antisemitism is a regular feature of society which will inevitably be reflected to some degree in its largest political party. This is especially believable when you consider the flirtations with various conspiracy theories which exist on some parts of the left. In the case of some individuals, this can become an obsession which often includes antisemitic tropes about financial cartels and plots for world domination. Often, they will place Israel at the centre of this world view, arguing that it is somehow controlling Western foreign policy (the opposite is actually true, since the very existence of Israel historically relies on US/UK sponsorship).

I must say, however, that in over ten years as an active socialist, anti-imperialist and Palestine supporter, I have found these views to be very marginal and they often get very short shrift in meetings. They are, after all, completely antithetical to a principled opposition to capitalism, racism and imperialism. In the case of Stop the War and the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, anyone promoting these views has been challenged or, where necessary, excluded.

But if such a conflation between Zionism and Judaism is sometimes mistakenly made by individuals on the left, amongst Corbyn’s leading opponents it is systematic. The strategy is to paint as much of the radical left as possible with the antisemitic brush. There are several instances in the documentary where people are automatically assumed to be using the word ‘Zionist’ as a euphemism for ‘Jew’, as if they are engaging in some kind of covert dog whistle racism (impossible to prove in the scenarios described) rather than making a sincere criticism of Israel and its supporters. Footage is also shown of Corbyn supposedly being antisemitic by suggesting Israel was playing a role in undermining the Egyptian Government following the Arab Spring. Given that Israel shares a border with Egypt, and has a history of assisting Western military intervention there, I would’ve thought that this was a reasonable suggestion.

It is this strategy of overgeneralisation by the Labour right and the establishment, together with repeated retreats by the left, which enabled Labour MP Siobhan McDonagh to go even further earlier this year by suggesting that it is antisemitic to even oppose capitalism. Along with weaponising the issue of antisemitism in this way, and exaggerating its scale within Labour, comes the other line of attack – to pin it all on the most left-wing and anti-racist leader the party has ever had.

But the mistake made by too many on the Labour left has been a failure to call out the smears for what they are, instead assuming that every accusation of antisemitism in this context is made in good faith. Front bench MP Andrew Gwynne, there to represent Corbyn, was predictably weak in his responses when challenged. He stuck to the failed script of pleading that ‘we’re doing everything we can about this’. Not once did he even suggest a smear campaign by Corbyn’s political opponents, the findings by Jenny Formby, the Palestinians, or the much greater problem of racism in the Tory Party, including the likely next Prime Minister.

While maintaining a focus on antisemitism and other forms of racism where they do exist, some of us have been consistent in pointing out that Corbyn’s politics, and the hope he represents for millions of people who want an alternative to austerity and war, mean that the political and media establishment will stop at nothing to sabotage this project. Right wing opponents in the PLP are not concerned with antisemitism as much as they are concerned with ousting the left from leadership of the party. This is a deeply ideological commitment, wedded as they are to the legacy of Blairism. They cannot forgive him for leading a resurgence of the left within Labour and they will never accept a radical left-wing leader in charge of one of the two main parties of the British parliament. This is why they have taken every retreat by the left as an opportunity, not for reconciliation, but to stick the knife in deeper.

This documentary ought to be a wake-up call to those who believed that allowing the IHRA definition of antisemitism to pass would put all of this to bed. It has only given more ground to the right wing of the PLP and the political and media establishment. But with the most profound crisis of the British state and the Tory Party, it must be abundantly clear by now that our only option is to mobilise the movements against austerity, war and racism, build on the advances made by the left in recent years, and call out these disgusting smears for what they are.
https://mronline.org/2019/07/16/bbc-pan ... 8CkkbKFh68

To tell you AGAIN, this is not about something be[…]

From 2016: Researchers discovered that, unlike a […]

Election 2020

Hindsite wrote: Jesus said in Mark 14:7, "Fo[…]

melting glaciers, dying polar bears, spreading […]