Nike, Kaepernick and Arizona... - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Politics_Observer wrote:America was founded on white supremacy. It just didn't always show it's face until recently when Obama got elected twice...

Yep. Nothin' say "white supremacy" like a black guy being elected President.

Twice.

and it really began to show it's face when Trump ran his campaign and then got elected by appealing to the fears, racism and prejudices of white Americans.

No, he got elected because his opponent was a bat-shit crazy hag...

The vast majority of people who voted for Trump did so out of a perception of status threat to wealthy white people here in America. Most Americans who voted Trump were reasonably well off and white and perceived a status threat from the election of Obama and that was motivated in large part to racism too.

There's a town not far from me: Palatka, Florida. Lotsa' tobacco chewin', gun totin', Confedrate flag wavin' bible thumpers over there. They've got their F-150's with the homemade lifts parked out in front of broken down double wides.

And there are towns like that all over the south, and I'd be shocked if any of them didn't vote for Trump. Wealth had little to do with anything...

A lot of white women voted for Trump despite the controversies surrounding the Access Hollywood video tape and various allegations from women against Trump. The reason why white women voted Trump despite all this is because they perceive that white supremacy suits their best interests.

No, they voted for him because they understood the tape to be no more than it was, and that it was pretty fucking meaningless.

How about blacks who voted for Trump? I'm not talking about the "Obamaphone" folks, but good, decent, hardworking Americans. Why did they vote for Trump?

But voting for white supremacy is making a deal with the devil.

Which is why no one voted for white supremacy...

Many Germans made that deal with the devil when they voted for Hitler many decades ago.

They were largely coerced and intimidated into doing so...

And white supremacy is not just a problem in the United States, it's a problem in other countries too, like Australia for example. Anyway, their is no changing each other's mind so there is no sense in continuing the discussion.

It's not a "problem" here. Sure, it exists, but it's not running as rampant as many of the whiners on the left would have you believe...
@BigSteve

Dictatorships like Adolf Hitler in Germany for example require consent. They are not forced on everybody in any given country. People like Hitler and Stalin had some level of consent to be able to operate. For example, Hitler was duly elected before he then turned on the German republic and destroyed it. And many Germans are anti-semetic. Even today. Germans were very happy to vote for Hitler and loved and approved of him.

It was only when bombs started falling and destroying their cities and German families lost loved ones on the Eastern front to the Soviets and later on to our troops in the Western front to our troops as well as suffer revenge reprisals by Soviet troops who committed war crimes against German civilians in some of the territories they took from the Germans did the German people finally begin to turn on Hitler.

But by then it was too late. Same concept here with Trump. You don't want to wait till it's too late to see the error of supporting Trump. But make no mistake, Germans chose to support Hitler. It was a choice they made freely. And they paid the price for that choice. We are already paying a price for electing Trump and if we continue to support Trump we will pay an even bigger price. I talked to a German guy who is married to an American citizen who I go to his shop to buy video games and he'll tell you Germans were happy to support Hitler and they did so because they appealed to their fears and prejudices. He'll tell you.
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve For example, Hitler was duly elected before he then turned on the German republic and destroyed it.

Hitler was technically already in power. Hitler was appointed Chancellor by Hindenburg in 1933. By law, upon Hindenburg's death the office of the President and of the Chancellor were to be merged. This occurred in 1934.

Given the level of intimidation which took place, the "election" is now widely regarded as a farce...

But by then it was too late. Same concept here with Trump. You don't want to wait till it's too late to see the error of supporting Trump.

I can only then imagine the horror which would've befallen us had everyone who voted for Trump instead voted for Clinton...

But make no mistake, Germans chose to support Hitler. It was a choice they made freely.

No, it wasn't. By the time of the "election", Hitler was already the commander in chief. Accordingly, Brownshirts were stationed at polling places for purposes of intimidation. Pretending that didn't happen is stupid...

And they paid the price for that choice. We are already paying a price for electing Trump and if we continue to support Trump we will pay an even bigger price. I talked to a German guy who is married to an American citizen who I go to his shop to buy video games and he'll tell you Germans were happy to support Hitler and they did so because they appealed to their fears and prejudices. He'll tell you.

Oh, well.. shit. If some German guy who sells video games says it's true, I guess it must be true...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a town not far from me: Palatka, Florida. Lotsa' tobacco chewin', gun totin', Confedrate flag wavin' bible thumpers over there. They've got their F-150's with the homemade lifts parked out in front of broken down double wides.

And there are towns like that all over the south, and I'd be shocked if any of them didn't vote for Trump. Wealth had little to do with anything...

You are right. Wealth has little to do with it. Ignorance has everything to do with it. Uneducated people are easy to manipulate. So are unintelligent ones. (It is not the same thing.)

But then Trump spoke often about how much he like uneducated people. He made his career off of their backs.
Drlee wrote:You are right.

Nice to see you've finally smartened up...

Wealth has little to do with it.

You libs need to get your story straight. Which one of you is right?

Ignorance has everything to do with it.

Do you believe that everyone who voted for Trump are either rich or ignorant?

Uneducated people are easy to manipulate. So are unintelligent ones. (It is not the same thing.)

Unintelligent ones, perhaps. But some of the smartest people I've ever met aren't educated. Some don't even have a GED...

But then Trump spoke often about how much he like uneducated people. He made his career off of their backs.

Often? How often? I'd love to see some examples. I recall hearing one sound bite in which he refers to them, but no more than that.

Then again, if liberals hear the same sound bite ten times, they'll believe that he actually said something ten times...
@BigSteve

Steve wrote:Do you believe that everyone who voted for Trump are either rich or ignorant?

Pretty much based on the factual data. You can be intelligent and yet still ignorant. There is a difference between intelligence and ignorance. Most people who voted Trump were reasonably well off white people who wanted to preserve white supremacy in this country and their privileged status and don't give two shits if it comes at the cost of hurting others. They were voting against Obama because he was a black man who they saw as a threat to their privileged status. They don't give a damn about anybody but themselves and their status. That's it brother! Most people who voted Trump that's who they were and why they voted Trump. They can deny it all they want but it still doesn't change the facts and the logical conclusions. You just to face the facts Steve.
Politics_Observer wrote:@BigSteve

Pretty much based on the factual data. You can be intelligent and yet still ignorant. There is a difference between intelligence and ignorance. Most people who voted Trump were reasonably well off white people who wanted to preserve white supremacy in this country and their privileged status and don't give two shits if it comes at the cost of hurting others. They were voting against Obama because he was a black man who they saw as a threat to their privileged status. They don't give a damn about anybody but themselves and their status. That's it brother!

First off, Trump didn't run against Obama. On second thought, since Clinton would've simply continued Obama's policies, maybe Trump was running against Obama.

But, since you brought him up, what about the blacks who voted for Obama because he was black, and didn't vote for McCain or Romney because they were white? They would be equally racist.

Your reasoning is the typical nonsensical bullshit we've come to expect from the non-thinking left. You simply can't admit that the Democrats were stupid enough to hand the nomination to a tragically flawed candidate who simply couldn't win.

The truth is far from what you think it is. Many people who voted for Trump did so because the alternative was so horrendously fucking bad. A Clinton Presidency would've been the equivalent of an Obama third term, and that wasn't going to be allowed. Obama did his level best to turn this country into a laughing stock, and he was far more interested in being liked by people around the world than he was of being respected. His primary concern was his "legacy", not doing what was right for our country.

That's a complete, unqualified failure of a Presidency.

To say that anyone who voted for Trump was ignorant or rich is, well, ignorant and stupid. It ignores the reality that there were a plethora of reasons to vote for him and not vote for Hillary Clinton.

Do you believe that anyone who didn't vote for Hillary Clinton is a misogynist?
@BigSteve

I didn't see any compelling reason to vote for Trump based on good policy that would help the public good. The good economic times we are enjoying (and who knows how long that will last) was in fact due to the policies enacted by Obama which do take time before they are felt. Fortunately for Trump, he gets credit for Obama's work and then turns around and destroys Obama's work. And if Trump wants to tell others to "go back to your country" then he should just turn around and go back to whatever cotton patch he came from along with Mitch McConnell and some of the other Republicans who give their silent approval to Trump's racist tweets.

I didn't see any compelling reason to vote for Trump based on good policy that would help the public good. The good economic times we are enjoying (and who knows how long that will last) was in fact due to the policies enacted by Obama which do take time before they are felt. Fortunately for Trump, he gets credit for Obama's work and then turns around and destroys Obama's work. And if Trump wants to tell others to "go back to your country" then he should just turn around and go back to whatever cotton patch he came from along with Mitch McConnell and some of the other Republicans who give their silent approval to Trump's racist tweets.

RACIST!!! RACIST!!! RACIST!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You have nothing of value to offer this forum...
@BigSteve

If me, telling a racist white dude like Donald Trump to "go back to whatever cotton patch he came from" because he makes a public racist statement like "go back to Africa" towards black members of Congress; makes ME a racist for telling Donald that along with republicans who refuse to condemn this rhetoric from him, then I guess I'll just have to wear that label as a badge of honor in this case given that label is coming from you.
Big Steve said: But, since you brought him up, what about the blacks who voted for Obama because he was black, and didn't vote for McCain or Romney because they were white? They would be equally racist.

No it wouldn't. Not even close. However, there is not the slightest chance you or any other Trump supporter would even want to try to understand, not to mention actually understand.

So I will add this one to our list of Big Steve racist comments. :roll:

If me, telling a racist white dude like Donald Trump to "go back to whatever cotton patch he came from" because he makes a public racist statement like "go back to Africa" towards black members of Congress; makes ME a racist for telling Donald that along with republicans who refuse to condemn this rhetoric from him, then I guess I'll just have to wear that label as a badge of honor in this case given that label is coming from you.

So, you admit you're a racist.

About time you came around...
Drlee wrote:No it wouldn't. Not even close. However, there is not the slightest chance you or any other Trump supporter would even want to try to understand, not to mention actually understand.

Your argument is meaningless and stupid if you're not going to support it.

I'll just go ahead and accept your capitulation that you're incapable of making an intelligent argument...

So I will add this one to our list of Big Steve racist comments. :roll:

So, if I say I voted for McCain because McCain is white, that would make me a racist, but the black guy who voted for Obama because he's black isn't a racist?

Your ignorant hypocrisy shines with the light of a thousand suns...
So, if I say I voted for McCain because McCain is white, that would make me a racist, but the black guy who voted for Obama because he's black isn't a racist?

Absolutely correct. And, as I said before, you simply do not understand this or are too racist to understand it. I will be kind and conclude that you simply do not understand.

Or to be more clear, the black guy may be a racist but not for voting for President Obama primarily because he is black.

Anyone want to spend the time to help him? :|
Drlee wrote:Absolutely correct. And, as I said before, you simply do not understand this or are too racist to understand it. I will be kind and conclude that you simply do not understand.

Or to be more clear, the black guy may be a racist but not for voting for President Obama primarily because he is black.

Anyone want to spend the time to help him? :|

Bullshit.

Blacks can (and, in many cases are) be every bit as racist as anyone else.

You've again proven to be an abject failure at demonstrating that you might have something which resembles a "point". You just want to whine "RACIST!" and have it taken at face value.

Well, fuck that...
@Drlee

All I got to say and this might not have nothing to do with this discussion on race; is that Senator McCain was a great American hero. He was tortured by the North Vietnamese communists on our behalf and I am proud of Senator John McCain and the goodness and genuine patriotism he represented in our country. It was sad to see him go. And Trump's attacks on Senator McCain, whether some veterans realize it or not, was an attack on ALL veterans who made hard sacrifices for this country.

I took Trump's attacks on Senator McCain as a personal attack on me. I was deeply offended by them. And I was also deeply offended by Trump's attacks on the Gold Star Family who lost a son in Iraq. Trump treaded on sacred hollow ground by launching attacks on Senator John McCain and the Gold Star family and I haven't forgotten that. It ain't funny degrading or downplaying their status as war heroes and veterans who made terrible, painful sacrifices for this country.

To me that was rubbing salt in the wounds of Senator McCain, his family and the Gold Star family and quite honestly some salt in my wounds. I was very angry and damn mad. Trump represents the bad side of America. The lack of respect for veterans, minorities, immigrants, the working man, narcissism and the economic gluttony of the rich. The total lack of character and lack of sacrifice that Trump represents. It's all about taking, not showing any gratitude and not giving back.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Drlee

All I got to say and this might not have nothing to do with this discussion on race; is that Senator McCain was a great American hero. He was tortured by the North Vietnamese communists on our behalf and I am proud of Senator John McCain and the goodness and genuine patriotism he represented in our country. It was sad to see him go. And Trump's attacks on Senator McCain, whether some veterans realize it or not, was an attack on ALL veterans who made hard sacrifices for this country.

No, it was not. Stop being so dramatic...

I took Trump's attacks on Senator McCain as a personal attack on me. I was deeply offended by them.

You weren't attacked...

And I was also deeply offended by Trump's attacks on the Gold Star Family who lost a son in Iraq.

Trump was absolutely, 100% justified in what he said about Khizr Khan. Trump didn't even know who Kahn was until Khan started running his fat fucking mouth the last night of the Democratic clown show known as their convention. Khan's attacks on the President were completely unjustified and absolutely unprovoked.

Losing a son in combat does not afford you the right to be an asshole, and that's exactly what Khan was. Frankly, Trump's response was quite measured and respectful considering how unnecessarily aggressive Khan's attack was.

Fuck Khizr Khan...

Trump represents the bad side of America. The lack of respect for veterans, minorities, immigrants, the working man, narcissism and the economic gluttony of the rich. The total lack of character and lack of sacrifice that Trump represents.

Plenty of people have sacrificed nothing for this country. You don't seem to be whining about them.

As a Veteran, I do not believe Trumps lacks respect for our Veterans or the working man, minorities or immigrants. I applaud you, though, for sticking to the liberal playbook.

[KS mod edit: Rule 3]
BigSteve wrote:Obama did his level best to turn this country into a laughing stock, and he was far more interested in being liked by people around the world than he was of being respected.

:lol:

I have news for you. Outside your little safe space called America almost everybody thinks Trump is a fucking moron.

I bet you voted for Dubya as well. :lol:
BigSteve wrote:No, it was not. Stop being so dramatic...

Trump should have stopped after McCain's death.

Rugoz wrote:I have news for you. Outside your little safe space called America almost everybody thinks Trump is a fucking moron.

I bet you voted for Dubya as well. :lol:

Bush became a revered member of the Trump opposition and is now portrayed as a smart guy with worthwhile insights. You're not really making the point you think you're making.

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712