Nike, Kaepernick and Arizona... - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:Bush became a revered member of the Trump opposition and is now portrayed as a smart guy with worthwhile insights. You're not really making the point you think you're making.

And what point would that be? Dubya is a different kind of moron. A feared one, because he was a warmonger. I prefer Trump's blustering I guess. :excited:
@Kaiserschmarrn
Bush became a revered member of the Trump opposition and is now portrayed as a smart guy with worthwhile insights. You're not really making the point you think you're making.

:D

@BigSteve
Blacks can (and, in many cases are) be every bit as racist as anyone else.

You've again proven to be an abject failure at demonstrating that you might have something which resembles a "point". You just want to whine "RACIST!" and have it taken at face value.

No. Everyone gets my point but you. I want you to think. I am tired of spoon-feeding bigots.
Rugoz wrote:And what point would that be?

The point how people outside a particular bubble judge a person's intelligence or lack thereof. It can change quite dramatically depending on which side the person is on.
Rugoz wrote::lol:

I have news for you. Outside your little safe space called America almost everybody thinks Trump is a fucking moron.

You need to get it through your thick melon that we don't give a fuck.

He's doing what's best for US, as he should, and the rest of the world doesn't like it.

Fuck the rest of the world...
BigSteve wrote:

He's doing what's best for US, as he should, and the rest of the world doesn't like it.

Then don't claim you didn't like Obama because he turned your country into a laughing stock. Trump is doing a far better job at that. Or have you already forgotten your previous post?

Nice troll. It would be fun except I actually believe that you and many Trump followers actually believe this.

A "fuck the rest of the world" attitude is beyond stupid. It is dangerous. Fortunately most fairly smart people reject this attitude out of hand. Only a small but vocal percentage of people are so stupid as to embrace it. And they generally support Trump.

I can tell you something you can take to the bank. Literally. If we go with fuck the rest of the world they will surely fuck us royally. China is a major economic force; perhaps soon to be the major economic force in the world. They are expanding their influence every day and their market for imports growing by leaps and bounds. Our traditional allies have had just about enough of our shit and, looking at the EU for example, even after Brexit will still be the largest economy in the world. We can get by on military force for awhile but we are slowly becoming the world's mercenaries rather than the world's leader. Even Japan is getting pissed at us and looking at China with a wary eye. Mark my words. If we keep fucking up they may choose to go nuclear. Then watch the wheels come off in the region.

So you and your dullard friends have fun with the overheated rhetoric. Intelligent and educated Americans know that we need the good graces of the rest of the world. Badly.
Drlee wrote:Nice troll. It would be fun except I actually believe that you and many Trump followers actually believe this.

A "fuck the rest of the world" attitude is beyond stupid. It is dangerous. Fortunately most fairly smart people reject this attitude out of hand. Only a small but vocal percentage of people are so stupid as to embrace it. And they generally support Trump.

I can tell you something you can take to the bank. Literally. If we go with fuck the rest of the world they will surely fuck us royally. China is a major economic force; perhaps soon to be the major economic force in the world. They are expanding their influence every day and their market for imports growing by leaps and bounds. Our traditional allies have had just about enough of our shit and, looking at the EU for example, even after Brexit will still be the largest economy in the world. We can get by on military force for awhile but we are slowly becoming the world's mercenaries rather than the world's leader. Even Japan is getting pissed at us and looking at China with a wary eye. Mark my words. If we keep fucking up they may choose to go nuclear. Then watch the wheels come off in the region.

So you and your dullard friends have fun with the overheated rhetoric. Intelligent and educated Americans know that we need the good graces of the rest of the world. Badly.

As you continue to be an abject failure at addressing how blacks can't be racist (because they can), there's really no reason to give any consideration at all to any of the other verbal diarrhea you're belching up...
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve

Can you give a realistic example of a black person using racism to discriminate against white people in the modern USA?

Sure.

There's a store here in town which is in a predominantly black neighborhood. The owner of the store is black, and all of the employees are black. White folks who go in are never greeted by the staff and always have to ask for help, while blacks are always greeted by the employees and offered help. Black customers are offered help with their purchases (carrying out to the car, etc). Whites never are and, if they ask, their request falls on deaf ears.

So, yeah, there's an example. I have no doubt you'll completely dismiss it, but racism against whites exists in the modern world, and it's ignorant and naive to believe it doesn't...
BigSteve wrote:Sure.

There's a store here in town which is in a predominantly black neighborhood. The owner of the store is black, and all of the employees are black. White folks who go in are never greeted by the staff and always have to ask for help, while blacks are always greeted by the employees and offered help. Black customers are offered help with their purchases (carrying out to the car, etc). Whites never are and, if they ask, their request falls on deaf ears.

So, yeah, there's an example. I have no doubt you'll completely dismiss it, but racism against whites exists in the modern world, and it's ignorant and naive to believe it doesn't...

If the only example you have is that they get a lesser degree of service in a store, then it is incorrect to argue that white people have to deal with a significant level of racism.

Your example is obviously an insignificant degree of racism. They are still being served, and are not being deprived of anything.

Black people might be able to be racist, but not in any way that has a significant impact on US society.
Pants-of-dog wrote:If the only example you have is that they get a lesser degree of service in a store, then it is incorrect to argue that white people have to deal with a significant level of racism.

Your example is obviously an insignificant degree of racism. They are still being served, and are not being deprived of anything.

Yup, I knew you'd do that. Color me unsurprised.

The fact of the matter is that it's racism, and it exists...

Black people might be able to be racist, but not in any way that has a significant impact on US society.

Oh, so now racism is only something which has a significant impact on US society?

So if I call some black guy a n****r" while we're standing in a men's room, that's not racism, right? After all, it's not something which is going to have a "significant impact on US society", right?
Last edited by BigSteve on 18 Jul 2019 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
No, it is not racism according to several definitions of racism.

But the important thing is that we can see that racism by black people against whites is insignificant and has no political impact, while racism by white people against blacks is widespread, significant, and has major impacts.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, it is not racism according to several definitions of racism.

But the important thing is that we can see that racism by black people against whites is insignificant and has no political impact, while racism by white people against blacks is widespread, significant, and has major impacts.

What a load of horseshit...
Your opinion is irrelevant.

Unless you can show how my claims are incorrect, there is no reason to think that they are not correct. Racism against black people in the USA has been and is far more significant and widespread than racism by black people against whites.

This is for several reasons including, but not limited to, slavery, Jim Crow laws, historical land distribution, economic opportunities, and capitalism.
@Pants-of-dog

Don't feed the troll. Steve isn't worth your time. Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation

@BigSteve

This will be the last thing I say to you. Don't think that Trump won't turn on people like you who support him because he will. This is something some of his black supporters are now finding out. Making deals with the devil to get what you think you want will inevitably only lead to your own destruction. The very people that Trump relies on for support today to gain or maintain power are the very people he will turn on in the future. That's how narcissistic people like Trump operate and how dictators have operated too in the past.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 18 Jul 2019 19:01, edited 2 times in total.
I am using him as an opportunity to dispel certain conservative myths.

I agree that his debate skills are such that it would not be the best use of one’s time if one is desiring to learn about politics through critical analysis.
As long as we agree that blacks do not actually discriminate against white people on any significant level.

It would be interesting to see how many sports leagues have stopped playing the anthem. My local league that I volunteer with decided to stop playing it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Unless you can show how my claims are incorrect, there is no reason to think that they are not correct.

So, if I claim that you sell drugs to children and touch little boys inappropriately, there's no reason not to believe those claims are not true?

That's some pretty stupid reasoning you've got going there...

Racism against black people in the USA has been and is far more significant and widespread than racism by black people against whites.

So we should just turn a blind eye to racism directed at whites from blacks?

More to your point, though, I will buy you a fucking house if you can show where I ever said that racism towards blacks is not far more prevalent.

If all you're going to do is make shit up about what you think I believe, let me know now so I can just laugh at you from here on out...

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]