Nike, Kaepernick and Arizona... - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15019456
Pants-of-dog wrote:If so, what does that mean for dealing with existing widespread and significant racism?

Perfect example of gaslighting.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you then arguing that we should oppose minor acts of racism because they can snowball into larger and more significant ones?

apparently you are >
Pants-of-dog wrote:Black people might be able to be racist, but not in any way that has a significant impact on US society.



I really wish that I can buy back the time it took to read this stupid thread.
Last edited by Finfinder on 19 Jul 2019 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
#15019457
BigSteve wrote:Absolutely...


Then please provide evidence for this claim. Thank you.

It's not an "either/or" scenario.

Deal with both at the same time...


If we use the same logic as your argument, these widespread and significant acts of racism can and will snowball into even larger racist acts, such as slavery and genocide.

If we had limited resources (which we do), which should we focus on?
#15019459
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then please provide evidence for this claim.


You want me to provide proof for my claim that I'm making an argument?

What kind of stupid fucking request is that?

If we use the same logic as your argument, these widespread and significant acts of racism can and will snowball into even larger racist acts, such as slavery and genocide.


We've already been down the "slavery" road, and I don't see genocide on the horizon anytime soon, which is to say I believe it to be a non-issue...

If we had limited resources (which we do), which should we focus on?


You're assuming that we can only address one or the other. I dismiss that as a completely failed perspective...
#15019461
BigSteve wrote:You want me to provide proof for my claim that I'm making an argument?

What kind of stupid fucking request is that?


I did not realise I need to clarify.

Please provide evidence for your claim that we should oppose minor acts of racism because they can snowball into larger and more significant ones.

We've already been down the "slavery" road, and I don't see genocide on the horizon anytime soon, which is to say I believe it to be a non-issue...


So, when we look at modern society, we see that acts of racism do not snowball into larger and more significant ones. This then contradicts your argument.

You're assuming that we can only address one or the other. I dismiss that as a completely failed perspective...


I see I need to clarify what a hypothetical is:

For the purposes of this discussion, we are going to assume that we have limited resources, and that these limited resources mean that we can deal with only one.

The fact that this hypothetical situation is actually true is irrelevant, but interesting.

—————————

Finfinder wrote:Perfect example of gaslighting.


How so?

apparently you are >


Your opinion of me is irrelevant.

————————

Edited to get rid of double post.
Last edited by Pants-of-dog on 19 Jul 2019 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
#15019469
Pants-of-dog wrote:How so?
Your opinion of me is irrelevant.


Obviously my opinion matters or you wouldn't have replied. You saying some racism is ok, is just a lame (hypocritical ) argument. You cannot prove that there is wide spread racism which is proof your feelings are just an opinion and, your debate tactic to gaslight your feelings doesn't make them true.
#15019476
Pants-of-dog wrote:That seems like a laundry list of unsupported accusations about me.

Let me know if you have an actual argument or criticism about my argument.


You are getting a little dramatic a laundry list? How are they accusations when they your your exact quotes from this topic? Let me know if and when you can prove your accusation there is widespread racism. Until then its just an opinion a wrong one at that.
#15019479
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you arguing that there is no widespread racism in the USA today?


Your are the one using your feeling as provable opinion but, ha ha nice try to turn what cannot prove onto me. Do you have any proof there is widespread racism in the USA.

BTW before you try to move the goal posts as you always do keep in mind you said "wide spread"
#15019480
So yes, you are arguing that.

I presented evidence in another thread that Trump used racism to get elected to POTUS. That shows that racism in the US is widespread enough to influence US elections.

I can link to it here as well if you need.
#15019482
Pants-of-dog wrote:So yes, you are arguing that.

I presented evidence in another thread that Trump used racism to get elected to POTUS. That shows that racism in the US is widespread enough to influence US elections.

I can link to it here as well if you need.


Seems like your example falls short on credibility when we just elected a black president for two terms. So no that doesn't prove it at all. All you have proven is that people making unsubstantiated claims is "wide spread" doesn't make those claims true.
#15019484
Pants-of-dog wrote:My point still stands because Obama's elections do not disprove the claim that there is widespread racism in the USA.

It is possible for both to be true.


That is ridiculous..,.. I called it you are moving the goal posts. So now you are saying that elections can only prove something but they cannot disprove the same thing. What facts are you using to say that Obama's election does not disprove your opinion (@Pants-of-dog "Obama's elections do not disprove the claim that there is widespread racism in the USA"). . Points or opinions are not facts, you haven't proven anything to be factual, you only have shown your bias. We can play this game all day long, or you can present some real evidence as apposed to your "possible "opinion. .
#15019494
Finfinder wrote:That is ridiculous..,.. I called it you are moving the goal posts.


No, and I doubt that you will try to show how I did.

So now you are saying that elections can only prove something but they cannot disprove the same thing.


No. That is a strawman based on a lack of logic.

What facts are you using to say that Obama's election does not disprove your opinion (@Pants-of-dog "Obama's elections do not disprove the claim that there is widespread racism in the USA"). . Points or opinions are not facts, you haven't proven anything to be factual, you only have shown your bias. We can play this game all day long, or you can present some real evidence as apposed to your "possible "opinion. .


Obama’s election would only disprove the claim of widespread racism if it were impossible for both to happen.

They have to be mutually exclusive.

But it is possible for racism in the USA to be so widespread that it helped Trump get elected, while at the same time it is not so widespread that it kept Obama out of the Oval Office.

Thus, the point still stands.
#15019496
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, and I doubt that you will try to show how I did.

that is easy
Pants-of-dog wrote: if it were impossible for both to happen.
But it is possible for racism in the USA to be so widespread that it helped Trump get elected, while at the same time it is not so widespread that it kept Obama out of the Oval Office.

Pants-of-dog wrote:But it is possible

Anything is possible facts are what transform opinion. You lack the former.
#15019497
Well POD. It is not my fault that Big steve is incapable of understanding things more complicated than playground rules. People like him are why we are going to get another four years of Trump.

The US is a very racist country. Our racial prejudice goes very deep.

It would be easy for me to explain this to him but I am not going to do it. I want him to call around to his friends until he finds someone smart enough to take him to school. Until then I want him to continue making blatantly racist and shallow posts. He serves as an example to our offshore friends what is wrong with out previously wonderful democracy.
#15019521
Finfinder wrote:that is easy


Anything is possible facts are what transform opinion. You lack the former.


“Moving the goalposts” means that the person has changed their argument.

My argument (in terms of our discussion) is, and always has been, that racism is widespread in the USA.

The fact that Obama was elected does not refute my argument.

Image

As you can see, black people experience a lot of racism, but white people do not see it nearly as often as black people experience it.

Image from here: https://igpa.uillinois.edu/programs/racial-attitudes
#15019555
Pants-of-dog wrote:“Moving the goalposts” means that the person has changed their argument.

My argument (in terms of our discussion) is, and always has been, that racism is widespread in the USA.


You use general terms, specifically to leave wiggle room in your arguments, that is a way to move the goal posts as well. How are you defining " widespread" ?
  • 1
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
Made in Israel

https://youtu.be/cpDCAgQrPL0 I know you don't li[…]

Admins framed me. Why did you bann the thread crea[…]

Now please read the link concerning increased foli[…]

Trump, Oh my god !

At a rally last week, Obese Donald ridiculed a ma[…]