Federal Government Confirms Nearing Apocalypse -- it's very hard to dismiss this. - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15015478
The record-breaking heatwave that struck France and other European nations in June was made at least five – and possibly 100 – times more likely by climate change, scientists have calculated.Such heatwaves are also about 4C hotter than a century ago, the researchers say. Furthermore, the heatwaves hitting Europe are more frequent and more severe than climate models have predicted.

Last month was the hottest June since 1880, both in Europe and around the world, according to separate data released on Tuesday by the EU’s Copernicus Climate Change Service. In Europe the temperature was 3C above the June average a century ago, and globally it was more than 1C higher.

There have been more than 230 attribution studies to date around the world and these have found that 95% of heatwaves were made more likely or worse by climate change. For droughts, 65% were definitely affected climate change, while the figure for floods was 57%.

“We knew June was hot in Europe, but [the Copernicus data for June] show that temperature records haven’t just been broken – they have been obliterated,” said Prof Hannah Cloke, of the University of Reading. “It is the hottest June on record in Europe by a country mile. As heatwaves become more common, we will have to change the way we live to cope with them.”

Unsurprisingly a primary effect of human caused global warming is ….. heat. It is interesting to see some other unexpected results of global warming. For example: Charles Ray, an entomologist with the Alabama Cooperative Extension System, confirmed a wasp colony “super nest” — one that survives into a second year. He estimated that there were probably 15,000 to 18,000 wasps in a nest he examined in southern Alabama.

Warmer winters contribute to these nests, Mr. Ray said. Most yellow jackets don’t survive the cold months because they freeze to death or have trouble finding food. They need a fair amount of sugar and carbohydrates, he said
#15015664
Humans have created 8,300,000,000 TONS of plastic since 1950. I certainly hope that future generations appreciate our gift to them.

Plastics, made from petroleum, are also an increasingly significant cause of the climate crisis. By 2050, plastics could account for 20% of oil consumption and 15% of the carbon dioxide budget, according to the UN General Assembly.

Image
#15016894
The Trump administration plans to remove protections from thousands of America’s streams and millions of acres of wetlands, which is feared will harm wildlife and enable pollution to enter drinking water. Under the proposal, fewer waterways would require permits to pollute – including agricultural runoff and industry waste. Currently, protected waterways provide drinking water to approximately 117 million people.

Most likely because regulations preventing dumping of toxic poison/waste into our waterways would be "burdensome" to corporations and, worse yet, may reduce their profits a smidgen.
#15017000
jimjam wrote:The Trump administration plans to remove protections from thousands of America’s streams and millions of acres of wetlands, which is feared will harm wildlife and enable pollution to enter drinking water. Under the proposal, fewer waterways would require permits to pollute – including agricultural runoff and industry waste. Currently, protected waterways provide drinking water to approximately 117 million people.

Most likely because regulations preventing dumping of toxic poison/waste into our waterways would be "burdensome" to corporations and, worse yet, may reduce their profits a smidgen.

That is propaganda from the left. The environment is being cleaned up under the Trump administration. Trump just reported today that the USA is the number one country on the environment.
HalleluYah
#15017096
Hindsite wrote:Trump just reported

That the cow jumped over the moon? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Antarctica faces a tipping point where glacial melting will accelerate and become irreversible even if global heating eases, research suggests.

A Nasa-funded study found instability in the Thwaites glacier meant there would probably come a point when it was impossible to stop it flowing into the sea and triggering a 50cm sea level rise. Other Antarctic glaciers were likely to be similarly unstable.

Recent research found the rate of ice loss from five Antarctic glaciers had doubled in six years and was five times faster than in the 1990s. Ice loss is spreading from the coast into the continent’s interior, with a reduction of more than 100 metres in thickness at some sites.
#15017138
jimjam wrote:Antarctica faces a tipping point where glacial melting will accelerate and become irreversible even if global heating eases, research suggests.

A Nasa-funded study found instability in the Thwaites glacier meant there would probably come a point when it was impossible to stop it flowing into the sea and triggering a 50cm sea level rise. Other Antarctic glaciers were likely to be similarly unstable.

Recent research found the rate of ice loss from five Antarctic glaciers had doubled in six years and was five times faster than in the 1990s. Ice loss is spreading from the coast into the continent’s interior, with a reduction of more than 100 metres in thickness at some sites.

Even if all that is true, I am not for destroying our economy with AOC's crazy "green new deal" to fight an invisible enemy.
#15017221
Hindsite wrote:At least, you recognize that it is logic.
Praise the Lord.

A sophist is someone who makes good points about an issue — until you realize those points aren't entirely true, like a political candidate who twists an opponent's words or gives misleading facts during a speech.

Used frequently by con men like Obese Donald but, then, you , bring among the conned, would not know.
#15017228
jimjam wrote:A sophist is someone who makes good points about an issue — until you realize those points aren't entirely true, like a political candidate who twists an opponent's words or gives misleading facts during a speech.

So I assume that you believe AOC's crazy "green new deal" will not destroy our economy. That's okay, for in America you can believe whatever crazy idea you want.
Praise the Lord.
#15018619
New research shows that the extreme weather and fires of recent years, similar to the flooding that has struck Louisiana and the Midwest, may be making Americans sick in ways researchers are only beginning to understand.

By knocking chemicals loose from soil, homes, industrial-waste sites or other sources, and spreading them into the air, water and ground, disasters like these — often intensified by climate change — appear to be exposing people to an array of physical ailments including respiratory disease and cancer.

“We are sitting on a pile of toxic poison,” said Naresh Kumar, a professor of environmental health at the University of Miami, referring to the decades’ worth of chemicals present in the environment. “Whenever we have these natural disasters, they are stirred. And through this stirring process, we get more exposure to these chemicals.”

As the dangers become better understood, governments need to do more to contain toxic chemicals during disasters, rather than hoping those chemicals will harmlessly be absorbed into the environment, according to Kimberley Miner, a research assistant professor at the University of Maine who studies climate change and contaminants.
#15019071
jimjam wrote:New research shows that the extreme weather and fires of recent years, similar to the flooding that has struck Louisiana and the Midwest, may be making Americans sick in ways researchers are only beginning to understand.

Well, until they fully understand all this crap, I say we should not worry about it and just live our lives to be happy as we wait for the return of the Lord.
Praise the Lord.
#15019159
Hindsite wrote:Well, until they fully understand all this crap, I say we should not worry about it and just live our lives to be happy as we wait for the return of the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

and who is to determine when "full understanding" is achieved? Obese Donald? a man who treats his own body with extreme disrespect by stuffing it with an endless conveyer belt of crap food until he looks disgusting :eek: ?

do you not "fully understand" that toxic poison left behind by oil companies in south Louisiana does not make a healthy ice cream topping :lol: . OK pal, you sit around awaiting "full understanding". Meanwhile I will think for myself and not wait around for the "full understanding" of the paid stooges recruited from the fossil fuel industry who lick Obese Donald's over size ass.

Praise the Lord of Abject Ignorance
#15019614
jimjam wrote:Translation for non Trump Zombies: "Those who agree completely with Obese Donald 100% at all times no questions asked and/or those who are paid by the fossil fuel industry". Or, better yet, The Fat Guy himself. :lol:

As I recall, you quoted the guy with the study and he said it was not fully understood.
#15019623
SolarCross wrote:Image


Which 'end' would that be? :hmm: :lol:

Seriously, in man vs earth, man thinks there is an opportunity for a long, 'free lunch', there isn't one, there is always a cost involved.

Just as a building may be severely damaged in inclement weather, so too, the repairs needed afterwards, which virtually double the real cost, that of the original build to the cost of the environment & then the ongoing financial,environmental cost.

There is only one way to rectify human damage to planet earth, that is to reduce human population by control, using fiscal, immigration,minimal health intervention, green policies & other methods to reduce the numbers to a sustainable level fitting for the planet's health.
#15019690
Nonsense wrote:Which 'end' would that be? :hmm: :lol:

Seriously, in man vs earth, man thinks there is an opportunity for a long, 'free lunch', there isn't one, there is always a cost involved.

Just as a building may be severely damaged in inclement weather, so too, the repairs needed afterwards, which virtually double the real cost, that of the original build to the cost of the environment & then the ongoing financial,environmental cost.

There is only one way to rectify human damage to planet earth, that is to reduce human population by control, using fiscal, immigration,minimal health intervention, green policies & other methods to reduce the numbers to a sustainable level fitting for the planet's health.

I am all for it if you can do it without using any of my tax money or lowering my standard of living.
#15019702
Your tax dollars and standard of living will be affected.

If we start now, the impact will be less and may even be beneficial in many ways.

If we wait, it will cost more, have more negative impacts, and will be mostly a series of reactions to events out of our control.
  • 1
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
Election 2020

I'm thinking more of taking responsibility for pe[…]

How ISIS replenishes its ranks

@Palmyrene :p I'm not fully informed on the […]

Oh, OK. So, you understand something intimate abo[…]

https://youtu.be/kmmaRbSunPs