Anarchist/“Anti-Fascist” Attacks Detention Center - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15020088
BigSteve wrote:But they're black cops. That would suggest that it's not a "white cop/black criminal" issue...


You're right. It's a cop/black criminal issue.

You've failed to demonstrate how it's the rule. Until you're able to do that, yours is nothing but uneducated whining...


How have I failed? My statistics are the most recent and comprehensive while Kaiser takes most of their statistics from a study done in 2016 and their own math which is probably missing great deals of info.
#15020090
Palmyrene wrote:You're right.


I am. It's not a race issue...

It's a cop/black criminal issue.


Maybe if the black criminals would start acting within the boundaries of the law, they wouldn't have to worry about being killed by cops...

How have I failed? My statistics are the most recent and comprehensive while Kaiser takes most of their statistics from a study done in 2016 and their own math which is probably missing great deals of info.


Because when you say something is "the rule" versus "the exception", you're saying that it's a standard. It's what's to be expected in the majority of cases. And you've not shown that to be the case. Not even close...
#15020093
BigSteve wrote:I am. It's not a race issue...


Ah, so the amount of cops who have ties to white supremacist groups or commit racially motivated killings of black men are just coincidences?

Maybe if the black criminals would start acting within the boundaries of the law, they wouldn't have to worry about being killed by cops...


A majority of blacks killed by cops are innocent. The statistics I showed you prove this.

[Quotr]
Because when you say something is "the rule" versus "the exception", you're saying that it's a standard. It's what's to be expected in the majority of cases. And you've not shown that to be the case. Not even close...[/quote]

It is the rule. Despite making up 11% population blacks make up 25% of cop killings.
#15020096
Palmyrene wrote:Ah, so the amount of cops who have ties to white supremacist groups or commit racially motivated killings of black men are just coincidences?


I would have no idea.

But they're not "the rule".

Or is it your argument that every white cop who kills a black criminal is a member of a white supremacist group?

A majority of blacks killed by cops are innocent. The statistics I showed you prove this.


No they didn't...

It is the rule. Despite making up 11% population blacks make up 25% of cop killings.


So, blacks being killed by cops make up 25% of all cop killings, and you, for some fantastical reason, believe this constitutes a "rule"?

It's a minority of cop killings. It's not "the rule". Insisting that it is will only serve to make you appear more ignorant...
#15020099
BigSteve wrote:I would have no idea.

But they're not "the rule".

Or is it your argument that every white cop who kills a black criminal is a member of a white supremacist group?


Every white cop who kills an innocent black man on the basis and makes excuses for such behavior is probably racist.

No they didn't...


Yes they did.

So, blacks being killed by cops make up 25% of all cop killings, and you, for some fantastical reason, believe this constitutes a "rule"?


Despite being 11% of the population yes.

[Quotr]
It's a minority of cop killings. It's not "the rule". Insisting that it is will only serve to make you appear more ignorant...[/quote]

We're not looking at all cop killings but specifically encounters between blacks and cops which result in death. 25% is really significant if you only make up 11% of the population.
#15020191
Palmyrene wrote:Ah, so the amount of cops who have ties to white supremacist groups or commit racially motivated killings of black men are just coincidences?


Thus far, I've seen no evidence to support that, as a rule, police have ties to white supremacist groups. You certainly haven't provided anything to suggest that...

A majority of blacks killed by cops are innocent. The statistics I showed you prove this.


It is the rule. Despite making up 11% population blacks make up 25% of cop killings.


On what planet does 25% constitute "the rule"?

How fucking stupid...
#15020234
Palmyrene wrote:Then look at the statistics I've provided.[/quoote]

I have. They fail to support your point...



Numbers-wise, they're in a profound minority. That's not "the rule", regardless of how successful you've been in fooling yourself that it is...
#15020271
Palmyrene wrote:Who? blacks?

If you make up 11% of the population but 25% of cop killings that is the rule.


No, it's not.

The vast majority of blacks who interact with police; even criminals, are not shot and killed by police.

It's not the rule. It's tragic, but it's not the rule...
#15020278
Palmyrene wrote:No they don't. Read them.


I have. They fail to prove your point. You've failed to prove your point.

What do you think "It's the exception, not the rule" means?
Last edited by BigSteve on 22 Jul 2019 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
#15020280
Palmyrene wrote:Show me where they have failed instead of making baseless claims.


You've failed to support your argument, and now you're dodging a simple question.

Quite telling...
#15020308
Pants-of-dog wrote:I wonder if actual families that actually require asylum are avoiding US authorities because of their fears of detention and separation.


Maybe. Who knows?

If they are, the reason for that would be the illegal aliens who try to abuse and work the system...
  • 1
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 15

The IG report is out today and it is not favorable[…]

Trump and Russiagate

That the Ukrainians tried to interfere in the 201[…]

Turn, turn, turn

1) Turn on your TV, you know, the impeachment hea[…]

How to become an EU citizen

I'm sorry, but none of that makes any sense whats[…]