Nike, Kaepernick and Arizona... - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15019646
Finfinder wrote:You use general terms, specifically to leave wiggle room in your arguments, that is a way to move the goal posts as well. How are you defining " widespread" ?


I am using the standard definition.
#15020285
Pants-of-dog wrote:What exactly is your argument?


That you have no argument. All you have is sweeping generalities that prove nothing. Way to commit !!

You can say that racism in the world is "widespread" in general, that adds nothing to the conversation it's a given based on your standard ( whatever the "standard" is which you won't even commit to answer a simple question of what definition of "widespread" is) of the word widespread. . What is your point, to say racism is widespread in the USA when USA is not a racist country? That is what your are inferring isn't it?
#15020288
Finfinder wrote:That you have no argument. All you have is sweeping generalities that prove nothing. Way to commit !!


Then you should show how.

You can say that racism in the world is "widespread" in general, that adds nothing to the conversation it's a given based on your standard ( whatever the "standard" is which you won't even commit to answer a simple question of what definition of "widespread" is) of the word widespread. . What is your point, to say racism is widespread in the USA when USA is not a racist country? That is what your are inferring isn't it?


If your only criticism is that my wording is too vague, then how does that refute anything I have said?
#15020329
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then you should show how.



If your only criticism is that my wording is too vague, then how does that refute anything I have said?


No you should show, you haven't said anything that is any revelation. That is the point. Your feelings are irrelevant in that you have not shown empirical data to prove the overall conclusion you are just espousing a talking point of how you feel. Doesn't make it true.

Ok there is "wide spread racism" everywhere. Prove me wrong LOL. Or how about this one from you. "It is possible" there is "widespread" racism everywhere. What exactly is there to debate about those statements except in your case it is the inference that you are too scared to commit too.
#15020354
Finfinder wrote:No you should show, you haven't said anything that is any revelation. That is the point. Your feelings are irrelevant in that you have not shown empirical data to prove the overall conclusion you are just espousing a talking point of how you feel. Doesn't make it true.


None of this is even a cogent criticism.

Ok there is "wide spread racism" everywhere. Prove me wrong LOL. Or how about this one from you. "It is possible" there is "widespread" racism everywhere. What exactly is there to debate about those statements except in your case it is the inference that you are too scared to commit too.


If you want to see how widespread racism is in the USA, please see the graph I already posted.

And also note that the graph and other evidence that I already presented are more than “feelings” so your “criticism” is also incorrect.
#15020368
Pants-of-dog wrote:None of this is even a cogent criticism.



If you want to see how widespread racism is in the USA, please see the graph I already posted.

And also note that the graph and other evidence that I already presented are more than “feelings” so your “criticism” is also incorrect.



Your graph doesn't mean shit. Number one researchers cannot accurately measure racism or racist acts. That science is disputed. So what is so earth shattering and intellectually enlightening to say "how widespread racism is in the USA. It is a completely dishonest post especially when it is a fact the US is one of the least racist countries in the world. Canada has widespread racism not true? You just want to bastardize the term to advance your communist dogma,silence speech, and control the narrative.


Drlee wrote:The US is a very racist country. Our racial prejudice goes very deep.

It would be easy for me to explain this to him but I am not going to do it. .


Your not going to do it because you cannot easily explain it because if it is not as a dishonest post it is a very uniformed one.
Last edited by Finfinder on 22 Jul 2019 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
#15020372
Finfinder wrote:Your graph doesn't mean shit.


No need to get emotional.

Number one researchers cannot accurately measure racism or racist acts. That science is disputed.


Please provide evidence for this claim.

So what is so earth shattering and intellectually enlightening to say "how widespread racism is in the USA. It is a completely dishonest post especially when it is a fact the US is one of the least racist countries in the world. Canada has widespread racism not true? You just want to bastardize the term to advance your communist dogma,silence speech, and control the narrative.


It is part of my argument with @BigSteve about how blacks and whites experience racism very differently in the USA, and how the two are not always comparable.

You then attacked a minor premise, and have ignored the evidence supporting that minor premise.
#15020380
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is part of my argument with @BigSteve about how blacks and whites experience racism very differently in the USA, and how the two are not always comparable.


When did I compare how each experiences racism?
#15020384
Pants-of-dog wrote:
It is part of my argument with @BigSteve about how blacks and whites experience racism very differently in the USA, and how the two are not always comparable.

You then attacked a minor premise, and have ignored the evidence supporting that minor premise.


As long as you can agree that the US is not a racist country. ??
#15020389
BigSteve wrote:When did I compare how each experiences racism?


When you said that whites experience racism exactly like black people do.

Do you need me to provide a link?

Finfinder wrote:As long as you can agree that the US is not a racist country. ??


No, I do not believe illogical and counterintuitive things without evidence.
#15020393
Pants-of-dog wrote:When you said that whites experience racism exactly like black people do.


Okay, I can see where there's confusion.

I didn't mean they experience it in the same manner. Read: White people experience racism, just like black people experience racism. It's like saying "The Los Angeles Dodgers are a baseball team, just like the New York Mets are a baseball team".

I did not mean to suggest that the actual racism was exactly the same...
#15020400
BigSteve wrote:Okay, I can see where there's confusion.

I didn't mean they experience it in the same manner. Read: White people experience racism, just like black people experience racism. It's like saying "The Los Angeles Dodgers are a baseball team, just like the New York Mets are a baseball team".

I did not mean to suggest that the actual racism was exactly the same...


You said that the impact is the same in both cases.

Here are your exact words:

BigSteve wrote:Racism directed towards one person is every bit as impactful to that one person as systemic racism has been throughout history, regardless of the color of the skin of the offender or the recipient of said racism.

...


By the way, white people do not experience racism just like black people do.

To use your analogy , it is more like comparing the New York Mets to the local little league team.
#15020407
Pants-of-dog wrote:You said that the impact is the same in both cases.


Yes.

By the way, white people do not experience racism just like black people do.

To use your analogy , it is more like comparing the New York Mets to the local little league team.


If I call someone the "N" word, you would call me a racist. But if a black person says it it's fine.

Why is that?
#15020411
Pants-of-dog wrote:When you said that whites experience racism exactly like black people do.

Do you need me to provide a link?

No, I do not believe illogical and counterintuitive things without evidence.


I love how you endlessly debate things and never say anything of consequence. The US is not a racist country. Your little graph doesn't prove anything, it certainly doesn't prove the US is a racist country. Just simply give me some empirical evidence as compared to what? (other countries) seems simple enough. Or is it your argument that , ... It is my virtue and my logic that makes it so? Maybe you take your orders from the thought police like the media? Certainly leftist propagandist bias in reporting on racism, does not make your beliefs factually true.

Finfinder wrote:Your graph doesn't mean shit. Number one researchers cannot accurately measure racism or racist acts. That science is disputed.


Pants-of-dog wrote:
Please provide evidence for this claim.


do your own research ,,,,,, Ill give an example though, How about the Jussie Smollett case?
#15020419
BigSteve wrote:If I call someone the "N" word, you would call me a racist. But if a black person says it it's fine.

Why is that?


Because that word has historically and recently been used by white people to reinforce the longstanding tradition of anti-blackness in US history.

When black people use it, they are deliberately turning that meaning against itself and using it as a term of empowerment, which defies this long racist tradition.

History is a real thing.

Finfinder wrote:Your little graph doesn't prove anything


Why not?

To me it seems to indicate that 70% of black people deal with racism on a regular basis.

Just simply give me some empirical evidence as compared to what? (other countries) seems simple enough.


So, your evidence that racism is widespread in the USA is an international comparison?

That seems like evidence for another claim: that the USA is more (or less) racist than other countries.

Asking for that would also contradict your previous claim that “ researchers cannot accurately measure racism or racist acts”. Either scientists can count acts of racism and make an international comparison, or they cannot as you claim they cannot. Which is it?
[/quote]

do your own research ,,,,,, Ill give an example though, How about the Jussie Smollett case?


I always do my own research, and you should too.

Let me know when you have evidence for your claim.

What does the Smollett case have to do with limitations in science when it comes to quantifying racism?
#15020439
Pants-of-dog wrote:Why not?
To me it seems to indicate that 70% of black people deal with racism on a regular basis.


Seems to you ? Maybe they do maybe they don't what if they think it was something that it was not. You don't know for sure.

Pants-of-dog wrote: What does the Smollett case have to do with limitations in science when it comes to quantifying racism?


What does he have to do with this... I don't know did your researchers ask him to participate in your graph. :lol: proves my point

Pants-of-dog wrote:So, your evidence that racism is widespread in the USA is an international comparison?
That seems like evidence for another claim: that the USA is more (or less) racist than other countries.
Asking for that would also contradict your previous claim that " researchers cannot accurately measure racism or racist acts". Either scientists can count acts of racism and make an international comparison, or they cannot as you claim they cannot. Which is it?

your wrong they just have to ask the rite question

Image

Pants-of-dog wrote:
I always do my own research, and you should too.

Let me know when you have evidence for your claim.



If did your research then you wouldn't ask that question. Do you think the researchers in your graph asked Jussie You think Smollett is credible did he experience a racist act ? :lol:
Last edited by Finfinder on 22 Jul 2019 22:51, edited 3 times in total.
#15020445
Finfinder wrote:Seems to you ? Maybe they do maybe they don't what if they think it was something that it was not. You don't kniow for sure.


Nothing can be known with absolute certainty. Thus, this is not a viable criticism.

your wrong they just have to ask the rite question


Since it is you who claimed that they were unable to measure it, you are wrong.

If did your research then you would ask that question. Do you think the researchers asked Jussie Smolett to take part in answering question for their graph? You think Smollett is credible did he experience a racist act ? :l:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Oh, I see.

You think they are related because you believe this black Smollett person is a liar, and all black people are the same, so all blacks are liars.

So when they say they experience racism, we know it is a lie.

Is that what you are arguing?
#15020453
Pants-of-dog wrote:Nothing can be known with absolute certainty. Thus, this is not a viable criticism.



Since it is you who claimed that they were unable to measure it, you are wrong.



Oh, I see.

You think they are related because you believe this black Smollett person is a liar, and all black people are the same, so all blacks are liars.

So when they say they experience racism, we know it is a lie.

Is that what you are arguing?


Don't get all emotinal on me POD :lol: Where did I say that? Are you admitting you lost this argument becaue now you are lying about me? Is that what you do when you lose an argument you call someone a racist? I know you always have to have the last word that is usually your strategy. Maybe you should try to read for comnprehnsion?
  • 1
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13

‭History, Macro-Micro -- politics-logistics-lifes[…]

Reducing socialism to the national level always b[…]

Election 2020

There is nothing they can do to the US that would[…]

August 17, Saturday The Federal departments of […]