Right-wing websites allege that Ilhan Omar married her brother - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
Admin Edit: Rule 16

For context, Trump recently called out numerous Democrat congresswomen. Although he didn't name names, everyone immediately knew who he was referring to and numerous people identified as the ones he was criticizing. This is funny in of itself but it gets much, much funnier. A woman who is currently pushing a BDS (boycott and divest) bill against Israel in congress may have married her brother in order to get citizenship.

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/07 ... sis-finds/

Questions surfaced again last month during a state investigation of alleged campaign finance violations indicating that Omar filed federal taxes in 2014 and 2015 with current husband Ahmed Hirsi, but she was still legally married to, but separated from, Elmi.

As further noted by The Gateway Pundit, based on sources and additional reporting, the marriage certificate involving her and Ahmed Nur Said Elmi lists his birthdate as April 4, 1985 (Omar was born in 1982). The marriage took place on Feb. 12, 2009. PJ Media’s Dave Steinberg further reported that official student enrollment records belonging to St. Paul Public Schools, as well as the state of Minnesota, notes that an “Ahmed N. Elmi” was enrolled as a senior during the class of 2003 at Arlington Senior High School in St. Paul between Sept. 6, 2002 and June 10, 2003.

The enrollment record says that Ahmed N. Elmi was born on … April 4, 1985:

Both Ilhan Omar’s 2009 marriage documents and her 2017 divorce proceedings state that Ahmed Nur Said Elmi was born on April 4, 1985.

After an extensive background search, I have not been able to find any other person named “Ahmed Nur Said Elmi,” “Ahmed N. Elmi,” or even “Ahmed Elmi” with the birthdate April 4, 1985. The man Ilhan Omar married and the 17- to 18-year-old who attended Arlington Senior High School in St. Paul, MN, in 2002-2003 are one and the same.

Also, The Gateway Pundit added, Ahmed Nur Said Elmi’s name is nearly identical to Omar’s father, Nur Said Elmi Mohamed.

Further, according to former PJ Media editor David Steinberg, Ilhan’s activities constitute fraud and could be punishable by prison time or deportation (extensive analysis is here).

Although my summary is from what is basically a blog, it sources things from newspapers and in turn, from public record searches and things that have been reported in newspapers.

There's a few possibilities here:
1. This is all a big mistake, yet having the same last name and the same father look like red flags to me. Also, having known some Somali Muslism in my life, the idea that she would be a Somali Muslim who is separated from her husband and filing joint tax returns with another man before even getting divorced would be enough to make me raise an eyebrow in of itself.

2. Ilhan Omar didn't commit marriage fraud because she really was married to her brother. Although this is illegal because incest is illegal, I'm not sure whether or not it would be immigration fraud. So you know, if the occasional defense of pedophilia or "child drag queens" wasn't enough to make you cringe, we may already be headed towards seeing a defense of sibling incest.

3. The marriage was a sham to get her citizenship, in which case she would be subject to various penalties, possibly including deportation.

Let's also consider that Trump himself has mentioned the theory and has been deliberately, it would seem, getting the Democrats to defend this person, which means defending all of her baggage as well, including her BDS bill and if it has any legs, perhaps this story too. If we assume that Trump's moves are actually calculated, an idea that Democrats seem to finally be coming around to after years of setbacks, I would not be too shocked if some people working for him researched this for him before he mentioned it.
There is no evidence Elmi is Omar's brother or that any fraud was committed.

A timeline:

Business Insider, 20 July 2019 wrote:She married her first and current husband, Ahmed Hirsi, in an Islamic faith ceremony in 2002 when she was 19, but the couple did not obtain a legal marriage certificate. The couple had two children together from 2002 to 2008.

Omar and Hirsi split in 2008, also in a faith-based (not legal) proceeding.

Omar legally married her second husband, Elmi, in 2009.

Elmi and Omar separated just two years later, in 2011, but did not get a legal divorce. Elmi moved back to London.

Omar and Hirsi got back together in 2012 and had their third child while Omar was separated from but still legally married to Elmi.

Omar officially divorced Elmi in 2017 and legally married Hirsi in 2018.
ingliz wrote:There is no evidence Elmi is Omar's brother or that any fraud was committed.

A timeline:

In plain English -

Omar was in a defacto relationship with Hirsi when she was 19 years of age where they had 2 children out of wedlock. In 2008 they separated.

In 2009 Omar married Elmi then separated 2 years later in 2011.

Omar then had an extramarital affair with her first defacto partner (Hirsi) in 2012, and had another child.

In 2017 Omar divorced Elmi and married her ‘first love’ Hirsi in 2018.

She’s a progressive Muslim :)
Yeah, none of that disproves anything, actually it makes it seem even more likely to me. She has two children with guy A, separates from him, marries guy B (and gets a US green cad for it), has no children with him, then goes back to guy A and has a third child with him? Sounds like B could have been a fake relationship, or maybe guy A is just really studly.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why would you Americans care? For years you got a[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]