The Evolution Fraud - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:No, it's not 'speculation'. The age of the earth, and of the fossils found, are known accurately, from the science of isotopes and radioactive decay. This is the science that keeps people alive with radiotherapy, or runs spacecraft, and closely allied to the science that keeps nuclear power plants running, and (if you like this sort of thing) nuclear weapons viable. You can't just pretend that is all 'speculation'.

You should not confuse real science with the monkey to man evolution fraud.
By Sivad
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, there is, or was.

How do you know? From everything I've read they can't really quantify the probability within the given time frame. Evolution is possible but we have no idea how likely it is to get this level of complexity in that amount of time.
By Ter
Sivad wrote:I'm pretty sure life evolved by some means and that the mechanisms that have been identified so far play a role but I doubt we have anything close to a full or accurate picture of biological evolution.

Everybody who is not a creationist will agree with that statement.
So @Sivad what are you bickering and kvetching about ?
Are you doing this out of some contrarian reflex or are you a misanthrope ?
:D

Hindsite wrote:You should not confuse real science with the monkey to man evolution fraud.

Nobody except ignorant lay persons have ever claimed that humans evolved from monkeys.
The monkeys and humans have a common ancestor, they are our cousins, not our fathers.
By Hindsite
Ter wrote:Nobody except ignorant lay persons have ever claimed that humans evolved from monkeys.
The monkeys and humans have a common ancestor, they are our cousins, not our fathers.

Monkeys are our cousins? That's funny.

Are Humans and Chimpanzees Cousins?
By Sivad
Pants-of-dog wrote:We do not have to quantify the likelihood of something we can observe happening.

In this case, we have observed instances of speciation.

That's faulty reasoning, nothing we have observed gives us any indication as to whether random mutation and natural selection are the best explanation for the complexity and diversity of life on this planet. Just because it's theoretically possible doesn't mean it's the best explanation or even a good explanation.
Sivad wrote:That's faulty reasoning, nothing we have observed gives us any indication as to whether random mutation and natural selection are the best explanation for the complexity and diversity of life on this planet. Just because it's theoretically possible doesn't mean it's the best explanation or even a good explanation.

I am not clear what argument you are making, or even if you are making an argument at all.

We have observed mutation. We have no reason to think it is intentional, so it almost certainly random.

Natural selection makes sense and also has been observed.

Are we supposed to also make theoretical calculations about whether ir not these things happened as well?
By Rich
Hindsite wrote:It was the Jews that turned Jesus over to the Roman governor to be put to death. The Roman governor didn't find any fault in Jesus and tried to just have him flogged as punishment to satisfy the Jews and then release him. However, the crowd of Jews shouted and demanded that Jesus be crucified. It was only then that the Roman governor ordered the crucifixion to prevent a riot and restore peace.

Jesus never existed. For the earliest Christians including Paul, Jesus's sacrifice took place, in the lower heavens. When Paul says that Jesus was killed by the rulers of this age, he means the demons that had conquered the lower heavens. Later when Jesus acquired an earthly biography, this was reinterpreted to mean the Roman authorities.

Later still Christians were expelled from the Jewish communities and hence lost their privilege status that exempted them from Emperor worship. Refusing to partake in emperor worship could lead to the death penalty. This was a serious matter. So the stories were reworked to suggest that Christians were the true Jews deserving religious protection, while the Orthodox Jews were represented as evil traitors who should lose their privileges.
By Rich
Pants-of-dog wrote:We do not have to quantify the likelihood of something we can observe happening.

In this case, we have observed instances of speciation.

The question is not whether random genetic mutation and natural selection can account for at least some cases of speciation, its whether it can explain the evolution of complex biochemical machinery, complex organs, and body patterns and complex behaviour. I realised way back in the nineties that the modern neo Darwinist consensus is utter nonsense. There are a whole number of places where the maths just doesn't add up.
By Sivad
[This is not Gorkiy Park - off-topic videos, which only appear to be there to illustrate their titles, are pointless one-liners - Prosthetic Conscience, mod]
By Ter
@Hindsite
I watched your video.
Even if we take what that man said at face value, of 70% comparable DNA between chimps and humans, the bigger picture is that humans have the same body plan as most mammals, head, four limbs, mouth, two eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, stomach, intestines, rectum, penis/vagina, nipples, and so on and so on. To conclude that humans are so very different than the other animals that roam this planet is quite far-fetched don't you think ?
By Hindsite
Ter wrote:@Hindsite
I watched your video.
Even if we take what that man said at face value, of 70% comparable DNA between chimps and humans, the bigger picture is that humans have the same body plan as most mammals, head, four limbs, mouth, two eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, stomach, intestines, rectum, penis/vagina, nipples, and so on and so on. To conclude that humans are so very different than the other animals that roam this planet is quite far-fetched don't you think ?

It is very good evidence that they all had a common designer for body parts don't you think? What makes humans so different is the mental abilities that allows them to invent and create just like their maker, as is indicated in the Genesis creation narrative of the Holy Bible.
Praise the Lord.
By Hindsite
Pants-of-dog wrote:You spelt “ancestor” wrong.

I was referring to God as the common designer in case you really did not get it.
HalleluYah
By Besoeker2
Hindsite wrote:It is very good evidence that they all had a common designer for body parts don't you think? What makes humans so different is the mental abilities that allows them to invent and create just like their maker, as is indicated in the Genesis creation narrative of the Holy Bible.
Praise the Lord.

Do you believe everything was, according to Genesis, created in six days?
How do count days before the sun was created?
By Hindsite
Besoeker2 wrote:Do you believe everything was, according to Genesis, created in six days?

Probably.
Besoeker2 wrote:How do count days before the sun was created?

I suppose God counted the days by the revolutions of the earth. Man did not need to count the days until after the 6th day when man was created.
By Godstud
Here's the big problem. You try to put God into terms a man can understand, and that's stupidity to the extreme. Like saying Evolution is a fraud because it doesn't seem to work with your religion.

Who are you to say what a day was to God? Maybe it was a billion Earth years?

When you try to rationalize a God, you diminish it.

Neat thing: Many things in the Bible actually seem to be retold Greek Myths. Think on that. :D
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Here's the big problem. You try to put God into terms a man can understand, and that's stupidity to the extreme. Like saying Evolution is a fraud because it doesn't seem to work with your religion.

Evolution does not work with the creation of life.

Godstud wrote:Who are you to say what a day was to God?

I am going by what is written in the Holy Bible.

Godstud wrote: Maybe it was a billion Earth years?

Maybe it was a day, one revolution of the earth, just like it is today. That is the only thing that makes sense to me.
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:Evolution does not work with the creation of life.
Why? Just because it doesn't line up with a stupid story written 2000 years ago by people who didn't know a lick about anything?

Hindsite wrote:I am going by what is written in the Holy Bible.
God didn't write it. Men, who are often wrong, did.

Hindsite wrote:Maybe it was a day, one revolution of the earth, just like it is today. That is the only thing that makes sense to me.
It only makes sense if you limit God in such a way that you can understand it. Maybe you should be thinking bigger, instead of limiting your God, simply because you lack the imagination to imagine a God beyond your comprehension.

@FiveofSwords When have I denied it? I've sai[…]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That doesn't answer the question though, how come[…]

@Godstud I suggest you fact-check that. :lo[…]