"Propaganda, Facts and Fake News" - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

In order to synthesize a somewhat accurate perspective you have to pay attention to all sides and try to be honest and fair in your own analysis. Most people are partisan nitwits that never leave their little ideological echo chambers.
Sivad wrote:In order to synthesize a somewhat accurate perspective you have to pay attention to all sides and try to be honest and fair in your own analysis. Most people are partisan nitwits that never leave their little ideological echo chambers.

I'm not. I love hearing fringe attitudes and reports from all corners of the media. Even love the alt-right reporters obviously. But RT is one of the best news channels at the moment.

The Government sucks, if we can agree on that I'll listen to you and probably like you.

That's why I even like Religious leaders who are not in my choosen faith or denomination. I'm enjoying listening to Rabbi Dovid Weiss at the moment. The Israeli Government sucks!".... Very agreeable.
colliric wrote:I kinda agree. But at least they occasionally tell you the truth due to the imbalance of being the only major conservative MSM cable news outlet.

Some of their reports on Syria lately are on point, so you may have a point. But overall, it's dogshit, just like CNN, MSNBC etc.
On Contact: British government psyops with Mohamed Elmaazi

investigative journalist Mohamed Elmaazi discusses documents showing an alleged British government-financed propaganda mill, similar in nature to the CIA’s Operation Mockingbird psychological operations. Elmaazi’s work can be found at Theinterregnum.net.
The War on Sensemaking, Daniel Schmachtenberger

What can we trust? Why is the 'information ecology' so damaged, and what would it take to make it healthy?

This is a fundamental question, because without good sensemaking, we cannot even begin to act in the world. It is also a central concern in what many are calling the "meaning crisis", because what is meaningful is connected to what is real.

Daniel Schmachtenberger is an evolutionary philosopher - his central interest is civilization design: developing new capacities for sense-making and choice-making, individually and collectively, to support conscious sustainable evolution.
Lawrence O'Donnell Retracts Trump-Russia Loan Story

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell retracted and apologized for reporting on Tuesday that a "single source close to Deutsche Bank" told him that President Donald Trump's loans were co-signed by "Russian billionaires close to Vladimir Putin."

It's like the man said in Godstud's video above: the USA is for everyone.... except the original inhabitants.

Capitalist predators from Europe are especially welcome because they come with bribes in hand.

And then they make clever videos.
colliric wrote:I'm not. I love hearing fringe attitudes and reports from all corners of the media. Even love the alt-right reporters obviously. But RT is one of the best news channels at the moment.

The Government sucks, if we can agree on that I'll listen to you and probably like you.

That's why I even like Religious leaders who are not in my choosen faith or denomination. I'm enjoying listening to Rabbi Dovid Weiss at the moment. The Israeli Government sucks!".... Very agreeable.

RT is Russian Television and it puts out communist propaganda approved by Putin and his government. I am sure you like the propaganda they put out about Israel in particular.

RT (formerly Russia Today) is a Russian international television network funded by the Russian government.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)
Hindsite wrote:RT is Russian Television and it puts out communist propaganda approved by Putin and his government.

Russia is no longer a communist state, so why RT would be trying to communize the world needs some explaining from you.

I am sure you like the propaganda they put out about Israel in particular.

Israel can definitely defend itself in a propaganda war. They are a super-super-power in this regard.

RT (formerly Russia Today) is a Russian international television network funded by the Russian government.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

Is this scary to you? Because CBC is a Canadian government funded TV and radio network, BBC is a British government funded... and most other nations have a government funded network as a hedge against all the commercially-funded ones.
QatzelOk wrote:Russia is no longer a communist state, so why RT would be trying to communize the world needs some explaining from you.

Mow all of a sudden you left wing type love Putin's democracy for interfering with our elections so Trump could become President. If that is the case, then I am on their side too.

QatzelOk wrote:Israel can definitely defend itself in a propaganda war. They are a super-super-power in this regard.

I am sure they can. That is the why I used their short and sweet video.

QatzelOk wrote:Is this scary to you? Because CBC is a Canadian government funded TV and radio network, BBC is a British government funded... and most other nations have a government funded network as a hedge against all the commercially-funded ones.

No, it is not scary to me. But it seems good to know to consider their possible bias in reporting.
About state-funded media, Hindsite wrote:But it seems good to know to consider their possible bias in reporting.

Government-funding means that the media will favor the state which funds it.

Corporate funding means that the media will try to help sell products for its advertisers - like cars and cigarettes.

Both are biases that are built into the funding structure. Which is why I strongly believe in university-funded media, and popular-funded media (like this site) as a way of actually approaching real, useful information that can be used by normal people to make wise decisions.

Car and cigarette ads don't encourage wise decisions at all, and the language and techniques used by commercial media are as close to lying as you can get without losing your license.

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So have people given up on blaming that terrorist […]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]

...Or maybe because there are many witnesses sayin[…]