Far-Right Climate Denial Is Scary. Far-Right Climate Acceptance Might Be Scarier. - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Palmyrene wrote:That's irrelevant to a conversation about global warming.

Conversation with global warming skeptic Anthony Watts

Proof Scientists Are Lying About Global Warming

Gore gets slammed over false global warming prediction

Global Warming Hoax
Published on Jun 18, 2019
Ter wrote:Only the very rich can afford waterfront property.
So if the oceans rise and those mansions and villas are destroyed I say "good riddance"
:D

I don't wish anyone bad luck. That includes myself.
I am for free market capitalism and law and order.
HalleluYah
Ter wrote:Only the very rich can afford waterfront property.
So if the oceans rise and those mansions and villas are destroyed I say "good riddance"
:D

That may be so in the US. In poor countries, poor people often have to settle in precarious locations that will get flooded first.

And in places like Florida, the rich have the resources to fortify their luxury resorts near the beach at enormous costs to the environment, which further accelerates climate change like the spread of air conditioners.
Atlantis wrote:That may be so in the US. In poor countries, poor people often have to settle in precarious locations that will get flooded first.

And in places like Florida, the rich have the resources to fortify their luxury resorts near the beach at enormous costs to the environment, which further accelerates climate change like the spread of air conditioners.

Around Southwest Florida you see a lot of houses built off the ground, supported by stilts. Stilt houses are very common in most coastal and subtropical regions like Florida. Some of the benefits are opening up the view, giving stability on unstable land, protecting against floods, and helping with ventilation.

https://www.hardencustomhomes.com/blog/ ... stilt-home
Palmyrene wrote:How is this relevant?

And I'm trusting scientists not tinfoil hats.

You and your kind have been trusting tinfoil hats ever since AL Gore started the global warming hoax.

18 spectacularly wrong predictions made around the time of first Earth Day in 1970, expect more this year
Posted April 21, 2019

Climate preacher/scientist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez predicted recently that “We’re like… the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.” You can add that to the spectacularly wrong predictions made this year around the time of Earth Day 2019.

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spect ... is-year-3/
Hindsite wrote:You and your kind have been trusting tinfoil hats ever since AL Gore started the global warming hoax.

18 spectacularly wrong predictions made around the time of first Earth Day in 1970, expect more this year
Posted April 21, 2019

Climate preacher/scientist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez predicted recently that “We’re like… the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change.” You can add that to the spectacularly wrong predictions made this year around the time of Earth Day 2019.

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spect ... is-year-3/

Scientists aren't tin foil hats. And AOC isn't a scientist, she never claimed that either. She quoted scientists though.
Hindsite wrote:AOC did not quote any scientists. She is just making false political statements just like all the other Democrats.

The "we have 12 years to save the planet" is the official statement made by the UN at the IPCC which is run by climate scientists.

In fact, the statement was recently updated; we actually have 18 months before climate change reaches critical levels.
Palmyrene wrote:The "we have 12 years to save the planet" is the official statement made by the UN at the IPCC which is run by climate scientists.

In fact, the statement was recently updated; we actually have 18 months before climate change reaches critical levels.

Anyone with common sense should know that's bullshit.
Palmyrene wrote:Common sense isn't an alternative to facts.

You can't "common sense" your way through science. Science is science.

However, there is such a thing as doing good science and doing fake science. Those so-called climate scientist are doing fake science. That only takes common sense when you see their Ouija board predictions don't come true.
Hindsite wrote:However, there is such a thing as doing good science and doing fake science. Those so-called climate scientist are doing fake science. That only takes common sense when you see their Ouija board predictions don't come true.

How do you know it's fake science? Have you done any science? Have you checked how they did their experiments? No. Of course not.

What will you lose by believing climate change is real?
Palmyrene wrote:How do you know it's fake science? Have you done any science? Have you checked how they did their experiments? No. Of course not.

I learned about doing real science in my two years in college.

Palmyrene wrote:What will you lose by believing climate change is real?

I already believe that the climate changes four times a year. It is called spring, summer, fall, and winter. But I would lose my mind if I believed those so-called climate change quacks. I have more faith in the weather men on television. They at least have enough sense to predict only a week ahead.
Hindsite wrote:I learned about doing real science in my two years in college.

You mean back in the 50s? Science progresses dude. What was "common sense" then isn't "common sense" now.

I already believe that the climate changes four times a year. It is called spring, summer, fall, and winter. But I would lose my mind if I believed those so-called climate change quacks. I have more faith in the weather men on television. They at least have enough sense to predict only a week ahead.

Seasons aren't climates dingus. You said you did "real science" for two years and you don't even know what a climate is?

And you wouldn't lose your mind anymore than you do now. You believe that Jesus will come back to life and declare himself the messiah but believing in global warming is too much for you? Are you joking?

Also weathermen believe in climate change.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A good discussion here with Norman Finkelstein and[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]