The Next UK PM everybody... - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-pompeo-s-promise-to-protect-uk-jews-from-corbyn-was-shocking-and-morally-perfect-1.7361921

As for the context of the Pompeo statement, it’s far from clear that he was warning of a plan to intervene in a British election.
What he did do was to answer a question from an anonymous American Jewish leader who posed a frightening hypothetical to the secretary of state. The person who asked the question referenced the Labour Party’s troubling recent history of tolerance for anti-Semitism and Corbyn’s record of indifference to the problem, as well as his actions and gestures that expressed support for Islamist terrorists who work for Israel’s destruction.
This question was posed: "If Corbyn is elected, would you be willing to work with us to take on actions if life becomes very difficult for Jews in the U.K.?"
According to the Washington Post, Pompeo’s response was to say: "It could be that Mr. Corbyn manages to run the gantlet and get elected. It’s possible. You should know, we won’t wait for him to do those things to begin to push back. We will do our level best," he said to fervent applause from attendees. "It’s too risky and too important and too hard once it’s already happened," he said.
Read in context, it’s just as easy to see it as a pledge to warn Corbyn to avoid anti-Semitic actions and statements, and not to act in such a way as to make life difficult for British Jews, rather than a threat to intervene in an election.

Surely anti-semetism should be challenged?
It's not called traveling "second class" unless maybe you're rich; it's just called getting a train. The only time it's called something different is when you're riding first class.

It's called travelling second class when there are separate carriages on a train called first and second class , and you have a second class ticket and therefore must travel in a second class carriage.

Your posts are getting more and more bizarre; who are the "nobody" people who are packing up this train?

People who can't afford a first class ticket, I suppose.

What on earth is bizarre about that? Have you never made a train journey?

Anyway, a link from the mainstream British media: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... sh-leaders

Pompeo’s comments emerged after Trump turned down Corbyn’s request for a meeting during his state visit to the UK last week, saying the leader was “somewhat of a negative force”. Corbyn joined protests outside Trump’s press conference with Theresa May, where he pledged to oppose the US president’s drive for greater access for US health companies to NHS contracts.

I'm not sure what he thinks he could do. It's probably just more crap from the Trump administration.

Who exactly were the Jewish leaders he was talking to?

Shadow cabinet sources said the leadership was preparing to take on Tom Watson and his supporters after his vocal campaign to soften Corbyn’s Brexit position, with moves under way to generate momentum in favour of a new deputy leadership election.
There is growing talk about the possibility of the party’s rules being changed to create a second deputy leader, alongside Watson, but also the possibility of a new deputy leadership contest altogether. Some Corbyn supporters are circulating motions against Watson around local constituency Labour parties and a grassroots petition against the deputy leader has got about 26,000 signatures so far.
One shadow cabinet minister said they believed the leadership wanted to make the shadow cabinet less in favour of a second referendum. As part of this, Corbyn’s team considered swapping Emily Thornberry, the shadow foreign secretary, with Diane Abbott, the home secretary, over her support for a second referendum and wider foreign policy issues.

I don't know if any of that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

However, it is understood that Thornberry has more recently been assured that she will not be moved and that Abbott was opposed to such a plan anyway, which would make the move difficult to carry out without a public battle.

Well, we shall see.
I'm not sure what he thinks he could do. It's probably just more crap from the Trump administration.

Well, I suppose there would be a range of policy options, from individual sanctions through to regime change.

I want to take the opportunity to reassure all of you tea totaling English people that the free world won’t stand idly by should a genocidal manic take control of your country. You need not fear that the RN’s nukes will hold the forces of freedom at bay since the US has final control over their use. Furthermore, the Royal Navy and RAF are so small these days that only token resistance would be possible. We will have your country liberated in a jiffy.

There is nothing for you to worry about.
This is a well used Jewish supremacist tactic. They say something outrageous and insulting, hoping to provoke a reaction and when they get it, they cry "anti-Semitism, anti-Semitism, anti-Semitism!". Of course we saw with the Lavon Affair that sometimes provocation is not enough and ultra Zionists have had to resort to trying to murder their own men, women and child, so as they can then blame Gentiles for pathological Jew hatred.

Its like in the Middle Ages Jews considered Gentiles to be filth, too dirty to even share a meal with. Even going into a Gentile house was considered polluting, although Jews were allowed to do this, for business purposes. The fact that Gentiles in the middle Ages resented these vile racist attitudes and behaviours from Jews has been twisted by Jewish Suprmacists and Cultural Marxists into something that we should be ashamed of.
snapdragon wrote:It's called travelling second class when there are separate carriages on a train called first and second class , and you have a second class ticket and therefore must travel in a second class carriage.

I didn't know people who bought tickets for trains called them anything but tickets and first class tickets. Do people really call normal tickets 'second class tickets'? #AskingForAMe

People who can't afford a first class ticket, I suppose.

What on earth is bizarre about that? Have you never made a train journey?

Since you said:

Even I don't travel second class in a packed train if I don't have to. Nobody does.

I guess when you said "Nobody", you just meant you. :D

foxdemon wrote:https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-pompeo-s-promise-to-protect-uk-jews-from-corbyn-was-shocking-and-morally-perfect-1.7361921

Surely anti-semetism should be challenged?

1. The antisemitism accusations directed at Corbyn are Zionist propaganda.
2. You're giving the benefit of the doubt to this guy who is OK about meddling in U.K. elections:
skinster wrote:I didn't know people who bought tickets for trains called them anything but tickets and first class tickets. Do people really call normal tickets 'second class tickets'? #AskingForAMe

Of course they do. They're not called normal tickets.

You specify first or second class.

Since you said:

I guess when you said "Nobody", you just meant you. :D

No, of course not. You don't think normal, everyday people actually choose to travel second class on a packed train, do you?
It's murder.

It's unlikely Jeremy Corbyn will get his wish to become PM. At least for a while.