Will Africa ever lose third world status? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
#15008019
SolarCross wrote:I recall someone here some time ago "proving" that communism was better than capitalism because Communist China was more technological than Capitalist Kenya as if the average iq of the Chinese 105 in comparison with the average iq of Kenya 80 was not the more pertinent reason. This is what I mean by saying "Africa is less developed now than Europe was a thousand years ago" because a thousand years ago europeans had the ingenuity and will to build cathedrals and all manner of tech and social practices even without an external example. A thousand years ago the foundations of modern europe were already being laid. No such thing is happening in Africa even now and probably never will.


100 years ago the average IQ in Europe was below 80.

I don't get the obsession with IQ tests. AFAIK they're like any other test, the more effort you put into them, the better you get. Some ragged children in Africa probably don't give a damn while the communist party drills its school children to do well.
#15008027
Same for height! The more you practice standing tall, the taller you will be. Intelligence, measured imperfectly by I.Q., is innate. It can be limited by factors such as poor nutrition. Most of the problems in Sub-Saharan Africa can be attributed to low I.Q.

Like the terms used to describe the stupid, idiot, imbecile, moron, retarded, the Third World will remain the Third World no matter what name is attached to it. I think Shakespeare said something about a rose.
#15008088
Rugoz wrote:100 years ago the average IQ in Europe was below 80.


The European average was raised by a combination of industrialisation and killing off the lower classes through intense and sustained structural violence. Conscripting the lower classes into military service and killing them off in pointless wars was the preferred method of industrial eugenics but the penal system got rid of quite a few useless eaters as well. There were over 200 offences on the books that carried the death penalty so that helped thin the herd, and the ones that weren't executed got sentenced to transport.
#15008159
You musta never been to Ethopia. Don't think I ever saw in fat poor folks in Sub-Saharan Africa. 8)


Actually I have. And I did see them. I really don't see how that matters.

There was an old one liner...."What's the fastest thing in Ethiopia? A chicken."
#15008508
Sivad wrote:The European average was raised by a combination of industrialisation and killing off the lower classes through intense and sustained structural violence. Conscripting the lower classes into military service and killing them off in pointless wars was the preferred method of industrial eugenics but the penal system got rid of quite a few useless eaters as well. There were over 200 offences on the books that carried the death penalty so that helped thin the herd, and the ones that weren't executed got sentenced to transport.


That makes no sense. The only major war in Europe in the past 100 years was WW2, but in most Western European countries only ~1% or less of the population died in that conflict. Those countries experienced the same raise in average IQ. Even ignoring that fact, it is questionable whether lower classes were massively overrepresented in the population that died and whether class and (innate) IQ were actually closely related at the time. 100 years ago only ~5% of the population got some college education, 88% didn't even graduate high school (in the US).

Suntzu wrote:Same for height! The more you practice standing tall, the taller you will be. Intelligence, measured imperfectly by I.Q., is innate. It can be limited by factors such as poor nutrition. Most of the problems in Sub-Saharan Africa can be attributed to low I.Q.


I wasn't even referring to the whole nurture vs. nature debate (we all know it's both), but to the simple fact that when you put two equally intelligent children to the test, one ambitious and the other not, the outcome is obvious.
#15009321
Rugoz wrote:That makes no sense. The only major war in Europe in the past 100 years was WW2, but in most Western European countries only ~1% or less of the population died in that conflict.


I dispute this.

What about WW1, which most of England seems to think more devastating to this day?
#15009329
:eh: WW1 was not more devastating. England was not bombed in WW1. Can you provide a source for this claim, @Patrickov ?
#15009377
Godstud wrote::eh: WW1 was not more devastating. England was not bombed in WW1. Can you provide a source for this claim, @Patrickov ?


In WW1 their soldiers suffered and died in trenches spanning France and Belgium, while in WW2 they either were quickly evacuated (through Dunkirk) or simply were counterattacking. Being bombed at home, by comparison, seemed not that devastating...
#15009498
@Patrickov If you ONLY look at casualty counts of WW1 and WW2, then yes, WW1 killed more English. If you look at long-term economic and physical damage to the nation, then WW2 was far more damaging to the nation, as a whole.
#15009561
Godstud wrote:@Patrickov If you ONLY look at casualty counts of WW1 and WW2, then yes, WW1 killed more English. If you look at long-term economic and physical damage to the nation, then WW2 was far more damaging to the nation, as a whole.


Rudoz and Sivad mainly focused on casualties, and in fact that part of the discussion was about "how European countries achieved greatness through elimination of lower-end population", so I consider other damages less relevant.
#15027023
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:Africa has to form an Union

They have a Union, it is called The African Union

The African Union (AU) is a continental union consisting of 55 member states located on the continent of Africa, with exception of various territories of European possessions located in Africa. The AU was announced in the Sirte Declaration in Sirte, Libya on 9 September 1999, calling for the establishment of the African Union. The bloc was founded on 26 May 2001 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and launched on 9 July 2002 in South Africa.[7] The intention of the AU is to replace the Organisation of African Unity (OAU), established on 25 May 1963 in Addis Ababa by 32 signatory governments. The most important decisions of the AU are made by the Assembly of the African Union, a semi-annual meeting of the heads of state and government of its member states. The AU's secretariat, the African Union Commission, is based in Addis Ababa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Union

SaddamHuseinovic wrote:stop imorting cars and clothes instead to produce them locally

Kenya and Ethiopia are already producing garments for the export market.
Those factories are however owned and managed by non-African foreigners.

SaddamHuseinovic wrote:Africa has also to form own mining companies.

That has been tried and failed miserably.
Zambia nationalised its copper mines after throwing out the British but that was a disaster. The Zambian copper mines are now run by the Chinese.
#15027031
Drlee wrote:This thread is disturbing.

....

If the average IQ in Africa is 70 then the difference between the average American is less than the average American and any member of Mensa. Much less. A Mensa member is "smarter" than 98% of the people he/she meets. What does that even mean as a practical matter?

A country requires and benefits from really smart people. The percentage of "smart" people required to perform at their potential is minuscule. An average American with an IQ of 98 and working in a grocery store or as a business manager may well be excellent at his/her job while performing well below the potential indicated by their IQ.

The fact that so many people find talk of IQ disturbing is disturbing.

You seem to have missed the whole point of the Bell Curve, small differences in the mean / median / mode, produce large differences in the distributions of the tails. Cultural Marxists then falsely seek to blame these differences on White supremacism. So a small difference in median IQ can produce large differences say in the number of Physics PHDs. Or at the bottom level of the performance curve small differences in criminal propensity at the mean can produce large differences in the criminality of the community. Genetics and Culture can produce positive feedback loop, like that proposed for the forcing multiplier on Green House gas levels in the Global warming consensus.

Why can't we forget about race? Because the lefties won't let us. Lefties just can't just accept differences in racial performance, they have to constantly manufacture fake discrimination to explain it away. They've started a Culture war. We intend to finish it.

Its just been revealed in Britain that teachers deliberately inflate the A Level prediction of Black students, to get them places at the better universities. There's talk of getting rid of predictions and starting university applications after the results. But lefties are unhappy because this would mean that this form of anti White racism would be lost.
#15027601
Rich wrote:The fact that so many people find talk of IQ disturbing is disturbing.

You seem to have missed the whole point of the Bell Curve, small differences in the mean / median / mode, produce large differences in the distributions of the tails. Cultural Marxists then falsely seek to blame these differences on White supremacism. So a small difference in median IQ can produce large differences say in the number of Physics PHDs. Or at the bottom level of the performance curve small differences in criminal propensity at the mean can produce large differences in the criminality of the community. Genetics and Culture can produce positive feedback loop, like that proposed for the forcing multiplier on Green House gas levels in the Global warming consensus.

Why can't we forget about race? Because the lefties won't let us. Lefties just can't just accept differences in racial performance, they have to constantly manufacture fake discrimination to explain it away. They've started a Culture war. We intend to finish it.

Its just been revealed in Britain that teachers deliberately inflate the A Level prediction of Black students, to get them places at the better universities. There's talk of getting rid of predictions and starting university applications after the results. But lefties are unhappy because this would mean that this form of anti White racism would be lost.


Why is it that the people who love to emphasize how great IQ is are literally the dumbest, most pathetic people out there?
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Both the far left and the far right are dangerous,[…]

September 18, Wednesday General Albert Sydney J[…]

https://www.fastcompany.com/90404556/this-personal[…]

90 Scientists: Global Warming Is a Total Hoax J[…]