Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 68 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
jimjam wrote:that's very nice but has Obese Donald ever taken responsibility for something that didn't work out right :?: .

Yes, of course.

jimjam wrote:Maybe he could find Democrat Truman's desk sign up in the Whitehouse attic and start acting like a real leader and not just a front man for billionaires.

President Trump is acting like a real leader.

jimjam wrote:Trump has not delivered on any of his economically populist promises. Any President can spend a trillion dollars to goose an economy - as Trump did with those tax cuts that weren't needed by the fat cats and corporations who received them. But he has done little-to-nothing to improve the lives of the ordinary voters who elevated him to the Presidency. So there's no reason for Trumpism to ever return - except for the fact that promoting the paranoia and emotional barbarism at the heart of Trumpism is extremely profitable for Fox, Infowars, Rush, and the rest of radical right media team.

President Trump has delivered on some of his promises. He could have done more if it were not for the lies and obstruction from the Trump haters. As an ordinary voter, I am satisfied with the improvement in my life under President Trump. However, it could be better if there were no far-left Democrats.
jimjam wrote:that's very nice but has Obese Donald ever taken responsibility for something that didn't work out right :?: .

He took responsibility for Hillary Clinton's failed presidential campaign.

jimjam wrote:Trump has not delivered on any of his economically populist promises.

He promised to cut the corporate tax rate and he did.
He promised to label China a currency manipulator and he did (although, he did say he would do it on day 1).
He promised to renegotiate NAFTA and he did.
He promised to put tariffs on China and he did.
He promised to appoint conservative judges and he did.

He's done a lot of what he said he was going to do.

jimjam wrote:Any President can spend a trillion dollars to goose an economy - as Trump did with those tax cuts that weren't needed by the fat cats and corporations who received them.

US corporations faced the highest corporate tax rates in the industrialized world. US companies banked their profits offshore as a result. Repatriation of money--especially given the nature of the fractional reserve banking system--means that US banks are doing better as a result, too. Besides, I think Gates, Bezos, Cook, etc. would be upset at you calling them fat cats. They aren't fat.

jimjam wrote:But he has done little-to-nothing to improve the lives of the ordinary voters who elevated him to the Presidency.

Much of the cuts to income taxes went to middle and working classes at the expense of the upper classes. Trust me. I paid more.

jimjam wrote:So there's no reason for Trumpism to ever return - except for the fact that promoting the paranoia and emotional barbarism at the heart of Trumpism is extremely profitable for Fox, Infowars, Rush, and the rest of radical right media team.

Apparently, all those fans at Trump rallies disagree with you.
Hindsite wrote:Yes, of course.

please point out one, maybe 2, examples of Obese Donald taking responsibility for one of his failures.

Hindsite wrote:President Trump is acting like a real leader.

This is more meaningless than your usual shit. So was Attila The Hun.

blackjack21 wrote:He took responsibility for Hillary Clinton's failed presidential campaign.

dumb :lol:

blackjack21 wrote:He promised to cut the corporate tax rate and he did.

economic populist move? I don't think so. more help for his billionaire constituency down at The Club.

blackjack21 wrote:He promised to label China a currency manipulator and he did (although, he did say he would do it on day 1).

I'm with him here but, once again, populist? Populist means helping the peons, the "losers".

blackjack21 wrote:He promised to renegotiate NAFTA and he did.

I hear the new NAFTA is over 90% the same as the old NAFTA. Big fucking deal.

blackjack21 wrote:He promised to put tariffs on China and he did.

Oh …. his reckless easy to win trade war with unintended consequences pouring in world wide? I almost forgot :lol: . Oh, higher prices for peons and losers are the only thing "trickling down" here.

blackjack21 wrote:He promised to appoint conservative judges and he did.

An economically populist move? I'm sure the peons and losers are just socking away lottsa cash because of a redneck judge out in Kansas :lol:

blackjack21 wrote:US corporations faced the highest corporate tax rates in the industrialized world. US companies banked their profits offshore as a result. Repatriation of money--especially given the nature of the fractional reserve banking system--means that US banks are doing better as a result, too.

One more time …… economic populist. The peons and losers are, I'm sure, thrilled by the banks raking in more dough re me.

"done little-to-nothing to improve the lives of the ordinary voters" …………… jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Much of the cuts to income taxes went to middle and working classes at the expense of the upper classes. Trust me. I paid more.

Peanuts, if anything. Show me the magnitude, if anything ….. and i'm not interested in your taxes.

Meantime ….. unemployment rate is way down. Lottsa folks working at starvation level wages and making up the difference with multiple jobs or joining in with the all time high of family debt. An unexpected $400 expense? 50% of Americans cannot pay it or have to take out a loan from the "Up Your Ass E.Z. Credit Company".

and

In 2018, the richest 10% held 70% of total household wealth, cool.

blackjack21 wrote:Apparently, all those fans at Trump rallies disagree with you.

I completely agree that 40,000 open mouth dummies disagree with me. I am still awaiting a rally in S.F. or Donnies home town NYC. :lol:
jimjam wrote:I'm with him here but, once again, populist? Populist means helping the peons, the "losers".

Yes. The blue collar worker has had a rough go with Chinese imports and outsourcing. So it definitely improves their peace of mind.

jimjam wrote:I hear the new NAFTA is over 90% the same as the old NAFTA. Big fucking deal.

With tariffs if Mexico underpays its workers relative to American workers, which they undoubtedly will.

jimjam wrote:Oh …. his reckless easy to win trade war with unintended consequences pouring in world wide? I almost forgot :lol: . Oh, higher prices for peons and losers are the only thing "trickling down" here.

Higher prices have yet to materialize in any significant way. In fact, that's why Trump labelled China a currency manipulator--they simply dumped the value of their currency to stay competitive in the US.

jimjam wrote:An economically populist move? I'm sure the peons and losers are just socking away lottsa cash because of a redneck judge out in Kansas :lol:

You assume that people who support Trump are doing so only for the money.

jimjam wrote:One more time …… economic populist. The peons and losers are, I'm sure, thrilled by the banks raking in more dough re me.

An improved economy has led to job growth. That has improved the lot of those who were in need of a job.

jimjam wrote:I completely agree that 40,000 open mouth dummies disagree with me. I am still awaiting a rally in S.F. or Donnies home town NYC. :lol:

I'm sure he will have some rallies that may grace the hollowed urban areas controlled by Democrats, or very nearby.
blackjack21 wrote: improves their peace of mind.

Great …… maybe the Up Your Ass loan business will accept "peace of mind" in lieu of cash.

blackjack21 wrote: if Mexico underpays its workers

"peace of mind" and "if" …… so far after almost 3 years …… nothing.

blackjack21 wrote:Higher prices have yet to materialize in any significant way

This puts you far ahead of The Fat Guy who denies that higher prices will ever be a result of him thinking that China and the rest of the world will eat his shit pie just like US contractors do when they see a flock of Trump lawyers descending upon them.

blackjack21 wrote:You assume that people who support Trump are doing so only for the money.

Not really …… they support The Fat Guy because he has them totally conned. He has their # and knows they will be happy with endless entertainment and lots of hate filled rah-rah shit while he slips another billion or so to his billionaire buddies down at the club. Trump lemmings aren't bright enough to see that $ wise they are getting the short end of the popsicle.

blackjack21 wrote: That has improved the lot of those who were in need of a job.

Finally we agree. I hear that Burger King is "Now Hiring" and college degrees should land you a spot on the counter pushing shit food out to Obese America. …… :|

blackjack21 wrote:I'm sure he will have some rallies that may grace the hollowed urban areas controlled by Democrats, or very nearby.

3 years and still waiting. Oh...………… didn't your boy come from a "hollowed urban area" ……….. I did also, born and raised in the Big Apple. I guess we aren't all bad ….. we turn out an endless supply of the world's best con artists.

It's been a pleasure #21 but I don't know if I can continue responding to your quote bombs with my own quote bombe for 2 reasons ………. I am no way as smart as you and I have a super energetic 9 year old grand son staying here for 2 weeks.
By jimjam
A study from researchers at Harvard, the University of Chicago, the International Monetary Fund and the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston that showed that the cost of Mr. Trump’s tariffs had “fallen largely on the U.S.,” not on China and other countries, as the administration has asserted.

After almost three years, people should realize that Trump is just smoke and mirrors - the testimony and reports from his business colleagues, contractors all show the same - he promotes himself, disregards any negatives or poor outcomes, spins a better story, blames others. Same has happened during his Presidency - to his voter base, blame others for their lot in life - these conspirators, Europeans, Chinese, immigrants, illegal immigrants, they are to blame for your lot in life - I can fix it. It's the story line for the movie - The American President. Trump doesn't read, doesn't take advice, so why not blame others than yourself.
I think the most pathetic thing to come out of this thread, and others like it, is the inability of the never-Trump idiots to accept that many people who voted for Trump had very valid and reasonable reasons for doing so. These reasons had nothing to do with him fooling anyone.

Trump made his case, Clinton made hers, and she came up short.

It's really no more complicated than that, and it's monumentally stupid to attempt to make it so...
BigSteve wrote:I think the most pathetic thing to come out of this thread, and others like it, is the inability of the never-Trump idiots to accept that many people who voted for Trump had very valid and reasonable reasons for doing so. ...

I wouldn't say that a sense of resentment leading to the desire for replacing the traditional establishment with the nasty establishment is a valid and reasonable reason.
Atlantis wrote:I wouldn't say that a sense of resentment leading to the desire for replacing the traditional establishment with the nasty establishment is a valid and reasonable reason.

Neither would I...
jimjam wrote:A study from researchers at Harvard, the University of Chicago, the International Monetary Fund and the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston that showed that the cost of Mr. Trump’s tariffs had “fallen largely on the U.S.,” not on China and other countries, as the administration has asserted.

I would not expect anything different from left-wing study groups. I only know that I haven't seen any cost from tariffs fall on me.
jimjam wrote: so far after almost 3 years …… nothing.

It's all re-negotiated and ready to go. Thankfully, for the globalists who want to drive down wages everywhere, the Democrats won the US House and will not vote on the re-negotiated USMCA. Not to worry. The way Nancy is governing (if you can call it that), the Democrats are quite possibly in for an electoral reckoning in 2020.

jimjam wrote:This puts you far ahead of The Fat Guy who denies that higher prices will ever be a result of him thinking that China and the rest of the world will eat his shit pie just like US contractors do when they see a flock of Trump lawyers descending upon them.

So far, they are taking a giant bite of his shit pie, but doing their level best to distract people from it. I suspect the hullaballoo in Hong Kong is about taking the Chinese mind off the fact that Trump has fucked them pretty good.

jimjam wrote:He has their # and knows they will be happy with endless entertainment and lots of hate filled rah-rah shit while he slips another billion or so to his billionaire buddies down at the club. Trump lemmings aren't bright enough to see that $ wise they are getting the short end of the popsicle.

The lemmings are likely to view things relative to what happened in the Obama years. So far, they are better off than they were under Obama--some people a lot better off.

jimjam wrote:Finally we agree. I hear that Burger King is "Now Hiring" and college degrees should land you a spot on the counter pushing shit food out to Obese America. …… :|

Absolutely. If you got a degree in black studies, women's studies, Asian studies, and the like, you could probably start at manager. If you got a STEM degree, you can get a six figure job helping automate $15 an hour jobs.

BigSteve wrote:Trump made his case, Clinton made hers, and she came up short.

It's really no more complicated than that, and it's monumentally stupid to attempt to make it so...

They seem set to repeat the mistake. They do not want to run on their policy proposals, because they are a dead loser. So all they have is the politics of personal destruction.

Hindsite wrote:I only know that I haven't seen any cost from tariffs fall on me.

China dumped its currency to keep prices down, which means there will be inflation in China rather than in the United States. Having a business degree, it's really interesting to see how they've responded and the longer-term implications. The refusal to buy US agricultural products hasn't shown up in any significant way in the futures markets. The grain complex has been soft since 2015 or so. Basically, as farmers reduce plantings and maybe see a weather event spike prices, they will recover; however, the inflation is going to happen in China evidently. I wonder if China has thought that through. They have a huge debt load from building ghost cities. If they end up with high inflation, they could be looking at a 1930s Germany situation--a hyperinflationary depression.
The White House was blindsided by a pact between California and four automakers to oppose President Trump’s auto emissions rollbacks. Mr. Trump, described by three people as enraged ( :lol: ) by California’s deal, has demanded that his staff members step up the pace to complete his plan.

In an extraordinary move, automakers have balked at Mr. Trump’s proposal, mainly because California and 13 other states plan to continue enforcing their current, stricter rules, and to sue the Trump administration. That could lead to a nightmare situation for automakers: Years of regulatory uncertainty and a United States auto market that effectively split.

In the Trump administration, three senior political officials working on the rollback, a complex legal and scientific process, have all left the administration recently. A senior career official with years of experience on vehicle pollution policy was transferred to another office.That means the process is now being helmed by Francis Brooke, a 29-year-old White House aide with limited experience in climate change policy. It has become obvious by now that anyone with any knowledge or experience has no desire to work for a raving dementia case. Hence our nation is now in the hands of ass kissing amateurs and a wannabe tin horn dictator exhibiting signs of encroaching dementia who is a wholly owned subsidiary of the oil industry. Have a happy day :eek: .
By jimjam
You might think that recent events — market turmoil, weakening growth, declining manufacturing production — must be producing some soul-searching in the White House, particularly over Donald Trump’s view that “trade wars are good, and easy to win.” That is, you might think that if you haven’t paid any attention to Trump’s past behavior.

What he’s actually doing, of course, is attributing the economy’s troubles to a vast conspiracy of people out to get him. And his recent remarks suggest, if anything, that he’s preparing to open a new front in the trade war, this time against the European Union, which he says “treats us horribly: barriers, tariffs, taxes.”

Starting a trade war with Europe would truly be a lose-lose proposition, even more so than our trade war with China. It’s the last thing either America or Europe needs. Which means that Trump is probably going to do it.
jimjam wrote:What he’s actually doing, of course, is attributing the economy’s troubles to a vast conspiracy of people out to get him.

The troubles with the economy are Obama's fault.

After all, when the economy is doing good, libs give the credit to Obama, so when there are problems it's only right that Obama gets the blame...

:lol:
BigSteve wrote:I think the most pathetic thing to come out of this thread, and others like it, is the inability of the never-Trump idiots to accept that many people who voted for Trump had very valid and reasonable reasons for doing so. These reasons had nothing to do with him fooling anyone.

Oh really, and what would those reasons be? Keeping brown people out? I'm not sure he actually managed to do that better than his predecessor. The data we have for 2017 follows the trend:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... n-the-u-s/

blackjack21 wrote:China dumped its currency to keep prices down, which means there will be inflation in China rather than in the United States. Having a business degree...

China hasn't been seen as a currency manipulator for years now. If anything the dollar is overvalued, not the yuan undervalued. At some point Americans will have to admit that their trade deficit has nothing to with others trading unfairly.

Also, why would anyone admit to having a business degree? :lol:
Rugoz wrote:Oh really, and what would those reasons be? Keeping brown people out?

Trump voters don't have a problem with "brown people" coming here. I know I certainly don't. I welcome them here with open arms and I hope they're able to realize every good thing they've dreamed of about coming here.

Unless they come here illegally.

See, that's the distinction that idiot libs can't make, because it destroys there stupid argument that Trump voters are racists. So, instead, they just keep parroting the lie that Trump voters are racists...
BigSteve wrote:Trump voters don't have a problem with "brown people" coming here. I know I certainly don't. I welcome them here with open arms and I hope they're able to realize every good thing they've dreamed of about coming here.

Unless they come here illegally.

See, that's the distinction that idiot libs can't make, because it destroys there stupid argument that Trump voters are racists. So, instead, they just keep parroting the lie that Trump voters are racists...

Some of them certainly are.

As for illegals, why doesn't Trump ban them from the labor market? Until somebody can answer me that question, I don't believe Trump is genuinely interested in keeping them out, after all he employs them in large numbers.
Rugoz wrote:Some of them certainly are.

As for illegals, why doesn't Trump ban them from the labor market? Until somebody can answer me that question, I don't believe Trump is genuinely interested in keeping them out, after all he employs them in large numbers.

Trump's son has fired all the illegals that he found working for them. Trump does not have the power to ban them from working everywhere because he could never get the Congress to go along with that, especially the Democrats, who want an open border and free healthcare for them.

Undocumented immigrant workers fired from Trump golf clubs

Nearly two dozen immigrant workers who were fired from President Trump’s golf clubs earlier this year are requesting a White House meeting to argue that they shouldn’t be deported.

The letter, signed by 21 maids, groundskeepers, kitchen staff and other former employees from five of Trump’s clubs, calls on the president to "do the right thing" and give them a chance to talk to Trump "about helping to give us a chance to become legal."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... bs-seeking
Last edited by Hindsite on 21 Aug 2019 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
Rugoz wrote:Some of them certainly are.

Laying this on Trump's feet is stupid. We've allowed illegals into this country for far too long. Now we have idiots running "sanctuary cities" which actually welcome illegals (well, until Trump says he'll send the illegals to those cities).

It should be a felony to hire an illegal alien, and they should receive nothing from our government whatsoever...
BigSteve wrote:Laying this on Trump's feet is stupid.

I do, because Trump could likely do it by executive order:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... al-workers
https://cis.org/Arthur/Could-President-Mandate-EVerify

Moreover, even if he couldn't do it all by himself, he has never even attempted to spend any political capital on it. He hasn't even mentioned it, to my knowledge, despite him tweeting about every little nonsense. Instead his favourite subject is his stupid wall, which will do little to nothing to keep illegals out.

Edit:
Here's a video

Also, Trump has recently been asked about it:

FOX NEW’S STEVE HILTON: One thing that people have speculated about was that it might include E-Verify. Is that going to be in the —

TRUMP: So E-Verify is going to be possibly a part of it. The one problem is E-Verify is so tough that in some cases, like farmers, they’re not — they’re not equipped for E-Verify. I mean I’d say that’s against Republicans. A lot of the Republicans say you go through an E-Verify. I used it when I built the hotel down the road on Pennsylvania Avenue. I use a very strong E-Verify system. And we would go through 28 people — 29, 30 people before we found one that qualified.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/05/ ... ented.html

So basically, it's bad because it's difficult to find (cheap) legal workers for the job. Spoken like a true capitalist. :lol:

There seems to be no counter argument to the clai[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If Hamas were to have built that tunnel, there wou[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]