Trump cancels Denmark visit due to Greenland controversy - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Denmark Offers to Buy U.S.

COPENHAGEN (The Borowitz Report)—After rebuffing Donald J. Trump’s hypothetical proposal to purchase Greenland, the government of Denmark has announced that it would be interested in buying the United States instead.

“As we have stated, Greenland is not for sale,” a spokesperson for the Danish government said on Friday. “We have noted, however, that during the Trump regime pretty much everything in the United States, including its government, has most definitely been for sale.”

Denmark would be interested in purchasing the United States in its entirety, with the exception of its government,” the spokesperson added.

A key provision of the purchase offer, the spokesperson said, would be the relocation of Donald Trump to another country “to be determined,” with Russia and North Korea cited as possible destinations.

If Denmark’s bid for the United States is accepted, the Scandinavian nation has ambitious plans for its new acquisition. “We believe that, by giving the U.S. an educational system and national health care, it could be transformed from a vast land mass into a great nation,” the spokesperson said.

Every good joke has a kernel of truth. By turning the US into a social democracy with a social market economy most of the world's ills could be fixed.

I encourage all US residents to display Danish flags in their windows as sign of consent. A Danish flag can be easily made by using a red rag or sheet and by making a cross with some white tape.

GOP group pitches T-shirts featuring Greenland as part of America

The House Republican campaign arm is pitching T-shirts promoting President Trump’s effort to buy Greenland that feature a map of the United States showing the territory as part of America, the entirety of which is colored in with red, white and blue.

The bl**dy imperialists know no shame.

This will show Greenlanders the evil of the empire, make them close US bases and firmly integrate with the EU.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I see at least three.

And no one seriously thinks that Greenland will be sold to the USA. This is one of those moments where the entire world is laughing at Trump.

What I meant was I was wondering how you concluded that the people in the picture are "clean, healthy and educated" when they're veritable stick figures.
Hindsite wrote:I can understand why President Trump might think Denmark would want to get rid of Greenland, but I don't understand why he would want to offer to buy it. We should be spending money on infrastructure in the USA instead of buying an iceberg.

He must have been sure that Greenlanders will fall over themselves to have some real freedom and democracy and to be bought in the American dream by the greatest POTUS in history. It must be embarrassing that the bitches flatly refused while the Brits even cripple themselves to be the colony of their former colony. :lol:
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-greenland-gambit-finds-allies-103721625.html

But officials who have worked on Greenland were angry that the Beltway class has ridiculed Trump for advocating the Alaska Purchase-type transaction and believe that as more Americans understand the issue, they’ll come around.

“It makes total sense of us to propose it and it makes total sense for them to consider it,” said the senior administration official. “This notion that Donald Trump wants to buy an island so he can put a tower on it, it’s just absolute CNN silliness.”

“One of the jobs of government is to look out over the horizon and basically throw ideas out about what is in the long term interests of the United States,” the official said. “If we didn’t think about these things thoughtfully, not something for tomorrow or next year but 10, 20, 50 years from now, we or the other administrations wouldn’t be doing their jobs. So I don’t understand what the hue and cry is about.”

It seems the Americans have been thinking about this seriously for a long time. The Danes might sell in the end as Greenland costs them money.

Beren wrote:He must have been sure that Greenlanders will fall over themselves to have some real freedom and democracy and to be bought in the American dream by the greatest POTUS in history. It must be embarrassing that the bitches flatly refused while the Brits even cripple themselves to be the colony of their former colony. :lol:

You are just cut because no one in their right mind would want to buy Hungry. :lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]