Antifa again demonstrates its undemocratic nature - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15029124
Antifa is a terrorist organisation because they use violence to advance their political cause to terrorize their political opponents with coercive force instead of debate like civilised people.

The US legal code defines terrorism as the following

the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives


Is there anyone here who thinks antifa doesn’t do those things.
#15029177
Hindsite wrote:From Antifa past history, I don't understand what is taking so long to declare them a domestic terror group. Do they actually have to kill someone first?


I think they have to commit a terrorist act first.

Though I understand why the more reactionary conservatives want them silenced.

foxdemon wrote:Still no evidence to support your claim. I can reasonably assume you don’t have any evidence.


Believe what you want.

It is a fact that after several pages of me asking for an example,
of how this is not a racism conference, none of you are able to provide one,

Your question is irrelevant to this thread since you haven’t established that the attendees at the conference are actually racist.

So what rights that POC have are the attendees proposing to take away?


Obviously, there is no benefit to having an open dialogue with racists. I gain nothing by politely listening to people who think I am subhuman,

The genocidal nature of communism is well established by scholarship.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_under_communist_regimes

Please provide a link to mass killings instigated by capitalists.


You argued that antifa are terrorists because they are associated with an ideology that has killed thousands.

By this logic of yours, all capitalists are terrorists. This even includes people who are pacifists.

Do you agree that it is illogical to assume that someone is a terrorist just because they have an ideology that is historically associated with megadeaths?

I disagree. And, before you point it out, yes, that does include rejecting white supremacy since it is a system of belief with genocidal outcomes.


Then you also disagree with your own argument that antifa are terrorists because they are communists.

Tim Pool.


He has not openly and consistently condemned racism.

And in fact, he supports racists by condemning anti-racism activists.

Why is it not true? Simply because it doesn’t fit your worldview? Please explain why you disagree that there is a connection between far left and far right socialism.


Because far right socialism is an oxymoron and does not exist.

I am not familiar with all attendees. Please list which ones have links to the far right.


Tim Pool, for one.

—————————

BigSteve wrote:There's no evidence to suggest he would try to instigate anything another way, ....


...except the fact that Ngo has done this repeatedly.

You're assuming that antifa will never kill anyone based on their past behavior, yet you assume Ngo instigated things differently. Interesting.


No. In both cases, both parties are consistent.

See, because if you allow for that, then there's no reason to dismiss the the very real possibility that antifa might kill someone simply because they may decide to make their point in a different manner.


Again, this is a completely wrong understanding of what I wrote.

And it's hard to fight back when you've got a mob attacking you. It was pretty clear that all he could do was try to deflect their unprovoked and unwarranted attacks.


Not in my experience. But Ngo is trying to look like a victim, so he would not be actually interested in a fist fight.

You seem to believe that there's something glamorous about fighting. I'll go ahead and suggest that you've never been in a real fight. If you had been (and I laugh just imagining it), you'd know otherwise...


I lived for a long while in Regina, Saskatchewan.

Until about a decade ago, they used to have this custom there where groups of young white men would get into cars and cruise around looking for young guys by themselves to beat up.

They usually targeted immigrants, indigenous kids, people of colour, and LgBT people. They always attacked in a group. Because that is what cowards and bullies do.

So, unfortunately, I have been in fights. Quite a few. Most of them against more than one opponent.
#15029195
skinster wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmYSNDr84M4


Those are wars, not mass killings/murder/genocide etc

In addition how were they ideologically motivated? Otherwise how are they capitalist?

Compare that to the Khmer Rouge who were ideologically motivated, or the Nazis who were ideologically motivated.

I think they have to commit a terrorist act first.


Any number of their violent acts with the political aim of fighting fascism fits the bill.
Last edited by Aexodus on 24 Aug 2019 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
#15029196
Aexodus wrote:Antifa is a terrorist organisation because they use violence to advance their political cause to terrorize their political opponents with coercive force instead of debate like civilised people.

The US legal code defines terrorism as the following



Is there anyone here who thinks antifa doesn’t do those things.


Please provide an example of antifa doing this.
#15029208
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide an example of antifa doing this.


Andy Ngo being assaulted was a politically motivated case of terrorism against journalists. That’s the first one that comes to mind.

Another example is punching the vile and racist Neo-Nazi Richard Spencer, which despite him being a pitiful excuse for a human being, qualifies as an act of terrorism due to its political nature.

The next step is deciding whether or not terrorism is ever justifed, and if so, when.

Then we ask, does it work, is it functional, in contrast to the successful peaceful approaches taken by Martin Luther King, Mandela (yes I know he disavowed terrorism), and Gandhi.
#15029215
Aexodus wrote:Andy Ngo being assaulted was a politically motivated case of terrorism against journalists. That’s the first one that comes to mind.


No. Antifa regularly ignores other journalists, and all the interactions between antifa and Ngo have involved antifa members identifying him by name before any conflict develops. He is not targeted because he is a “journalist” but because of his antagonistic and self serving habit of instigating conflict with them.

Another example is punching the vile and racist Neo-Nazi Richard Spencer, which despite him being a pitiful excuse for a human being, qualifies as an act of terrorism due to its political nature.


Are you saying that every time someone punches a racist person for being racist that it should be considered terrorism?
#15029221
Pants-of-dog wrote:No. Antifa regularly ignores other journalists, and all the interactions between antifa and Ngo have involved antifa members identifying him by name before any conflict develops. He is not targeted because he is a “journalist” but because of his antagonistic and self serving habit of instigating conflict with them.


What did he do to instigate conflict?

Antifa target Ngo and other conservative journalists because they document and record Antifa’s violent methods.

Are you saying that every time someone punches a racist person for being racist that it should be considered terrorism?


What was he doing at the time that was racist?

I’m saying punching someone for being a Nazi is terrorism.
#15029223
Hindsite wrote:ATTEMPTED STABBING OF US MARINE VET BY ANTIFA


So, what did antifa do in Portland?

Please be specific.

————————

Aexodus wrote:What did he do to instigate conflict?

Antifa target Ngo and other conservative journalists because they document and record Antifa’s violent methods.


If Ngo’s only evidence of violence by antifa is the violence that he himself helps create, then he is creating the story in order to have s9mething to report on.

Because there is no other violence.

What was he doing at the time that was racist?

I’m saying punching someone for being a Nazi is terrorism.


I never claimed he was doing anything particularly racist at that exact time.

If it is terrorism to punch someone for being a Nazi, is it terrorism when Nazis punch people for ideological reasons?
#15029231
Pants-of-dog wrote:If Ngo’s only evidence of violence by antifa is the violence that he himself helps create, then he is creating the story in order to have s9mething to report on.

Because there is no other violence.


How did Ngo ‘help create the violence’?

I never claimed he was doing anything particularly racist at that exact time.

If it is terrorism to punch someone for being a Nazi, is it terrorism when Nazis punch people for ideological reasons?


Yes, why wouldn’t it be. It’s terrorism if anyone of any stripe does it.

Communists attack Nazis: terrorism. Nazis attack communists: terrorism.

I’m surprised you needed to ask that question tbh.
#15029245
maz wrote:So here's the thing; I don't give a shit about UKIP! If the UK wants to or doesn't want to elect some random YouTube guy, I don't give a shit either way.

The UK is probably permanently fucked, and I don't plan on ever visiting the UK, at least London, until until it is unfucked.

Also, I don't understand why citizens of the UK and Canada have such strong opinions of American politics when it doesn't concern them. I certainly could care less about the politics of the UK, at least to the point where I am browbeating other forum members over what goes on there.

So maybe some of the other forum members care about Carl's racial slurs but I don't. To me he is an insignificant media personality. If you have any other off-color Carl videos though, please do post them because if anything, that guys is funny when he does that bit!


I'm lolling at the irony of being blessed with such a simple mind that someone shouting racial slurs is the absolute funniest thing in the world and the height of comedy, but in order to be able to appreciate it at that level you're incapable of actually finding such footage on your own through a search.

What a catch-22.
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 27

Antifa hasn't killed anyone. Fascists have. That m[…]

September 18, Wednesday General Albert Sydney J[…]

https://www.fastcompany.com/90404556/this-personal[…]

90 Scientists: Global Warming Is a Total Hoax J[…]