America's Opioid Epidemic - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By KS757
The opioid crisis was declared a national public health emergency by President Trump in October of 2017. The Initiative to Stop Opioid Abuse proposes to reduce over-prescribing opioids, restrict the flow of international/domestic drugs into our communities, and provide support for people struggling with addiction through treatment and recovery services.

Kellyanne Conway was announced as the president’s choice to lead the White House’s opioid crisis efforts in November of 2017. Kellyanne Conway, however, has ZERO experience in drug policy or enforcement. It begs the question: How serious is the White House about implementing positive and effective change in the opioid crisis by appointing Kellyanne Conway as the "Drug Czar?" The political appointees of her “opioid cabinet” have no more experience in drug policy or enforcement than she does. Americans have seen it before with the “War on Poverty” and “War on Drugs?” We know how those turned out. America's opioid crisis requires effective, professional and responsible policy-making and leadership.

America's dealings in the pharmaceutical, addiction and treatment industry is highly questionable:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/13/meet-the-sacklers-the-family-feuding-over-blame-for-the-opioid-crisis

https://medicallyassisted.com/trumps-opioid-plan-sparks-controversy/
By SSDR
Recreational drugs are a threat to the survival of humanity for multiple reasons.

Drugs Make People Abusive And Corrupt - Drug users who have social power in society often abuse those around them immorally, manipulate them, and mock them out of false political correctness. Drug users have impaired senses of reality, so what they feel is right is usually wrong and abusive.

Drugs Impair Work Abilities - Drug users tend to be more lazy, have basic memory issues, develop health problems that affect their work abilities, and have driving issues (if they are delivery drivers, truck drivers, etc.). Drug users tend to miscoordinate or mismanage things.

Drugs Cause Pre Mature Death - This makes drug users have to retire earlier.
Not being someone who uses drugs, I found this pretty surprising:

Think about that the next time you hear a report about 1,000 pounds of fentanyl being seized...
SSDR wrote:
Drugs Impair Work Abilities - Drug users tend to be more lazy, have basic memory issues, develop health problems that affect their work abilities, and have driving issues (if they are delivery drivers, truck drivers, etc.). Drug users tend to miscoordinate or mismanage things.

Drugs Cause Pre Mature Death - This makes drug users have to retire earlier.

Drugs make more creative, Elon Musk is a pothead, Thomas Edison a coke nose... The cities with the highest pot and coke consumption are also the richest and most creative
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ocaine_use

But Heroin is just selfdestruction. Why does the US not burn down the Opium poppy fields in Afghanistan 90 % of world production
By SSDR
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:Drugs make more creative, Elon Musk is a pothead, Thomas Edison a coke nose... The cities with the highest pot and coke consumption are also the richest and most creative
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ocaine_use

But Heroin is just selfdestruction. Why does the US not burn down the Opium poppy fields in Afghanistan 90 % of world production

Drugs make people more socially corrupt. It also makes people more uncomfortable to be around with.
it's a shame that America's anti opioid program withholds pain killers from people with obvious pain issues, treats them like addicts and directs them to Tylenol. A friend recently had a chunk taken out of her arm by a pit bull and, after a morphine drip in the E.R. ,she was discharged and advised to take Tylenol . Two days later a doctor treated her like a drug addict when she asked for pain meds.
jimjam wrote:it's a shame that America's anti opioid program withholds pain killers from people with obvious pain issues, treats them like addicts and directs them to Tylenol. A friend recently had a chunk taken out of her arm by a pit bull and, after a morphine drip in the E.R. ,she was discharged and advised to take Tylenol . Two days later a doctor treated her like a drug addict when she asked for pain meds.

It sucks but all good things do eventually come to an end. I remember at the height of the opiate bonanza people were just giving me handfuls of pills, maybe they were trying to get me hooked so they had another junkie in their network to help with the hustling or something but I was living on the big rock candy mountain for a while there.
Drugs should be legal and taxed, heroin i turkey is 70% and the Junkys look much better rhen in europe which is quality 1-10%

Drug addiction is genetical according newest science

Today you want not force alcoholics to stop drinking, rather to consume fewer to be able to work.

I am addicted to Marijuana not because I like it. I have sleeping problems therefore I need it. Most Heroin addicts have extreme pain issues.

Not smoking marijuana means I can not sleep this means torture.

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]