Trump cancels Denmark visit due to Greenland controversy - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15029408
Pants-of-dog wrote:And the people in that picture are all clean, healthy and educated.


Please cite your source for that.

Thanks so much...

Palmyrene wrote:Are you seriously trying to pretend Greenland is a "shithole country" that deserves getting colonized- oh I'm sorry, bought?


No. Nowhere did I say "shithole". This would be more enjoyable if you'd stop making up bullshit and trying to put words in my mouth. I've been to Greenland. Have you?

I was merely pointing out that the current landscape isn't much to look at, with or without a Trump tower...

The people in those houses are probably more educated than you are.


I sincerely doubt that...

Beren wrote:Trump could have done better perhaps if he had some sense of diplomacy after more than two years as POTUS. Now it's time to visit NK again, shake hands with Kim, make history and claim the Nobel Peace Prize.


Well, at least he would've done something to get it, as opposed to the last US President who "won" it...

[Please don't make multiple posts in a row - edit your earlier one if no one else has replied before you return a few minutes later. Thanks - Prosthetic Conscience, moderator]
#15029438
BigSteve wrote:No. Nowhere did I say "shithole". This would be more enjoyable if you'd stop making up bullshit and trying to put words in my mouth. I've been to Greenland. Have you?

I was merely pointing out that the current landscape isn't much to look at, with or without a Trump tower...


It is very nice to look at. You just chose the wrong picture from the internet.

I sincerely doubt that...


They have a lower level of education than Nordic countries and they're still higher than the US.
#15029444
Palmyrene wrote:It is very nice to look at. You just chose the wrong picture from the internet.


I simply used a photo previously used in this thread.

Or haven't you been paying attention?

They have a lower level of education than Nordic countries and they're still higher than the US.


So what?

I'm confident that the people living in those huts, while most certainly good, hardworking, salt of the earth kind of people. But I'm also quite confident in my own level of education..
#15029445
BigSteve wrote:I simply used a photo previously used in this thread.

Or haven't you been paying attention?


Yeah well if you actually took the photo yourself it wouldn't be so bad.

So what?

I'm confident that the people living in those huts, while most certainly good, hardworking, salt of the earth kind of people. But I'm also quite confident in my own level of education..


Not be to offensive but...

Do you know how Churchill says that the best argument against democracy is to talk with the average voter? You're the average voter.
#15029450
Palmyrene wrote:Not be to offensive but...


Don't fight something which comes so naturally to you...

Do you know how Churchill says that the best argument against democracy is to talk with the average voter? You're the average voter.


Honestly, I'm not.

Sadly, the "average voter" tends to be not too well informed. Even PoFo could provide them an education.

Then again, I don't really feel compelled to explain the "average voter" to someone who can't even vote...
#15029451
BigSteve wrote:
Honestly, I'm not.

Sadly, the "average voter" tends to be not too well informed. Even PoFo could provide them an education.

Then again, I don't really feel compelled to explain the "average voter" to someone who can't even vote...


You are the definition of the average voter. Or maybe Hindsite it is, who knows?
#15029475
Hong Wu wrote:What I meant was I was wondering how you concluded that the people in the picture are "clean, healthy and educated" when they're veritable stick figures.


@BigSteve:

Because Greenland, unlike the USA, is a developed nation.

So they have clean water for almost everyone, subsidised education, and public health care.

The citizens of the USA should consider being bought by Denmark. It would improve your daily life.
#15029493
Palmyrene wrote:You are the definition of the average voter. Or maybe Hindsite it is, who knows?


You can't make such a statement intelligently, simply because you really know nothing about me...
#15029494
BigSteve wrote:You can't make such a statement intelligently, simply because you really know nothing about me...


I know your opinions based on your posts and that's all I need to know to determine whether you're the average voter.

Also I know you do good photography and I'm pretty sure you can tell when a picture isn't taken well (which can be obviously seen from the picture you quoted; the lighting is shit).

So it's rather disingenious for you to point to what you can clearly tell is a low quality picture of Greenland (and you should know even moreso because you've been there) as evidence that there isn't much in Greenland.
#15029500
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BigSteve:

Because Greenland, unlike the USA, is a developed nation.

So they have clean water for almost everyone, subsidised education, and public health care.

The citizens of the USA should consider being bought by Denmark. It would improve your daily life.


I'm not entirely sure why you felt the need to mention me after quoting Hong Wu, especially considering I've never suggested they're not educated, unhealthy or have no clean water...
#15029501
Palmyrene wrote:I know your opinions based on your posts and that's all I need to know to determine whether you're the average voter.


You've not lived long enough, nor had the life experience, to understand who the "average voter" is...
#15029502
BigSteve wrote:You've not lived long enough, nor had the life experience, to understand who the "average voter" is...


Just looking at you and the opinions of other conservative PoFos here, I've seen enough.

We got one dude who thinks the US is capable of invading and killing off all Muslims and completely ignores logistics saying that they'll figure it out.

We've got a Lebanese dude who think forming an alliance with Israel is a good idea.

We've got people in this thread who think buying Greenland is a good idea.

We've two guys who the Christian apocalypse is coming.

We've got a poster who just opposes anything that is Western which means that they support Palestinians but pretend that Uighur Muslims aren't in concentration camps.

We've got, and I swear to god, a German socialist anti-semite (yeah no one's going to make parallels here) who thinks the colonization of Africa is a good thing.

We've two conspiracy theorists, one who thinks Muslims control the world and other thinks Jews control the world and they have arguments.

So yeah, I've seen enough.
#15029507
BigSteve wrote:I'm not entirely sure why you felt the need to mention me after quoting Hong Wu, especially considering I've never suggested they're not educated, unhealthy or have no clean water...


You asked for a source.

I have now provided evidence.

Do you agree that Denmark has these policies (i.e. public health care, public education, and excellent access to clean water)?

Do yo agree that these things make people healthy, educated, and clean?
#15029510
Pants-of-dog wrote:You asked for a source.

I have now provided evidence.


So you're willing to accept Hong Wu as a reliable source?

Works for me...

Do you agree that Denmark has these policies (i.e. public health care, public education, and excellent access to clean water)?


Sure. Then again, I've never stated otherwise.

Do you agree that water is wet?

Yeah, that's how stupid your question was...

Do yo agree that these things make people healthy, educated, and clean?


Absolutely not. Those policies don't make anyone anything. Those policies are nothing unless someone decides to take advantage of them. Their mere existence, though, accomplishes nothing...
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

September 16, Monday At Lexington, Missouri, Ma[…]

The Popular Vote...

No it doesn't. It works as it was designed. Stop[…]

The Next UK PM everybody...

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1173496164[…]

Al Jazeera is indeed the most proper news source f[…]