Friend or Foe? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Friend or foe

Friend
39%
Foe
35%
Other (Explain)
26%
By MistyTiger
Friend or acquaintance. I do not get that close to online friends, been burned a bit. Plus I have to reserve a lot of energy for RL.

Ter wrote:Other :
I don't feel like meeting anyone of you shmucks in real life.

:lol:

Likewise, you serious snobby person! How is your bidet treating you?

Awww, @Drlee , you are too kind. I enjoy reading your posts even if do not agree with you. :D
By Stormsmith
Friend. They are far less likely to say Fake news!, Fake news! all night long {{{shudder}}}
By Rancid
SSDR wrote:"It's a sad thing not to have friends, but it is even sadder not to have enemies."

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

Is the ultimate person someone who has no friends and only enemies? :D

It's lonely at the top.
By BigSteve
I have learned far more from people I've disagreed with than I have from people I agree with.

I'll take a foe...
By Hellas me ponas
Foe obviously. If I were to discuss with friend then the whole conversation would be like a British tea party endearments "Oh you're so right dear", "you couldn't state this more perfectly darling", "You find me rather agreed on this one lad", "What do you think Annie is doing now chap?" .

But with a human who has completely opposite ideas and beliefs than me, that would be actually entertaining and exciting, because at the end, I would end up learning new ways of thinking or see a subject from a different point of view. And even if we don't end up in an agreement, still we would both have won soemthing from this encounter.
Fies are always the best teachers
By noemon
You can have an engaging conversation with people you agree with by being constructive on the argument and the data.
By Wellsy
Friend. Can debate “foes” on here. Hanging out with some likable folks who have a similar gist of things sounds a lot more fun and fulfilling.

Care: 73 Fairness: 77 Liberty: 83 In-group: 70 Pur[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]