#MeToo Hysteria Is A Pretext For Women To Take Power And Money Away From Men - Page 81 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Pants-of-dog wrote:I like how maz quoted an article opposing his position.

Actually, I thought @maz ‘s post was quite appropriate. It well illustrates the ableism of these activists.

Another example of feminist activist ableism occurred in Melbourne in late 2016.

This is Laura Miller’s rant saved from Facebook.

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-58707-post-1412948.html

You're all freaking out about Clowns but women are made to feel unsafe every damn day.

Today when I was on Tram 57 heading into the city, I witnessed this guy creep on each of the three other young women who were on the tram with me.

This is how it went down.

I was sitting at the front and didn't notice you initially until I looked up and saw you waving your hand in front of the face of the young Asian woman you were sitting next to. She looked shocked, and when she didn't respond you stood up and leaned over her and demanded that you give her a "high five" and shoved your hand in front of her face again. She stared pointedly straight ahead and it was obvious that she was fucking scared with this random over-dominating man leaning over her demanding that she give you attention that you were never fucking entitled to.
I got up from my seat and sat next to her to put some space between her and this festering turd of a human being.
You noticed and sat down opposite me and leaned towards me and just stared at me. You didn't say anything at first. That look was enough to tell me that you wanted to put me in my fucking place.
I locked eyes with you and stood my ground.
I was fucking terrified and angry at the same time and quickly started trembling with what was probably supressed rage and nerves at the confrontation.

How dare you go out of your way to make women feel unsafe in a public area.

I stared you fucking down while praying that you wouldn't get fucking violent.
You mumbled something and it became apparant that you were tripping balls on something but I've had encounters before with people who are under the influence, and your behavior towards the women on the tram was nothing short of fucking predatory. That wasn't the drugs. That was you.
I steeled myself up and responded "You right mate?" in a tone that I hoped would imply I wouldn't tolerate your shit.
You looked away and spent the next few minutes standing across from us staring until the young Asian woman I was sitting next to got off and thanked me for sitting next to her.

I hoped that would be the fucking end but it wasn't.

You went and sat down next to the other young Asian woman and when she got up immediately and moved seats, you followed her.
You sat down across from her, legs sprayed across the seat in an attempt to invade as much as her personal space as you could while leaning towards her.
I watched you, and I watched her face mingle with disgust and also fear.
This was the second woman in the space of five minutes you had made feel unsafe.
She left the tram soon enough and it wasn't too long until you zoned in on the last young woman on the tram besides myself, sitting in a seat staring out the window.
You sat next to her, and you stared at her.
You stared at her for a good minute or two and you leaned forward making sure she could see that you were fucking staring at her.
Then you started moving towards her, taking up as much space as you could on the seat and squeezing next to her.
Her face and body language was the same as the two previous women.
You made her feel uncomfortable and unsafe, and you violated her personal space because you felt entitled to it.
When you put your elbow up on the back of the seat with your hand dangling dangerously close to her boob I stepped in and asked her if she wanted to come sit next to me.
She said yes, and moved without saying another word.

You then proceeded to take up the entire seat and glanced occasionally at me as I stood next to her seat. I was ready for a fucking fight by this stage.

Four women, including myself.
Four women in the space of 20 minutes you actively seeked out, disrespected and violated their personal space.
Four women who you seeked out to dominate and intimidate through body language.
Four women you made to feel unsafe in a public space.

When you realised that I took your photo you started yelling at me about what right I had to do that.
Well...WHAT FUCKING RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO SEEK OUT AND INTIMIDATE WOMEN?!

IF YOU DON'T WANT UNWANTED ATTENTION THEN DON'T GIVE UNWANTED ATTENTION.

It is that fucking simple.

Some people argue that street harassment isn't a "real" problem. It fucking is.
No one should be made to feel intimidated or unwelcome in a public space but this is the reality that women face every damn fucking day and I'm sick of it.

Not only am I sick of the harassment, but I'm sick of a culture that remains silent on it.
I am sick of men and women seeing these everyday assaults and remaining silent.
When you remain silent you are letting these perpetrators know that they can get away with their actions.
You're contributing to a society that allows this behavior, that says it's okay for men to actively prey on women and treat them as sexual objects and not as human beings.
By staying silent you become part of the problem.

Men, women don't owe you squat.
You are not entitled to our attention.
You are not entitled to our bodies.
We don't owe you the time of day.

Saying that, this loser went out of his way to make women feel unsafe today and then complained when I gave him unwanted attention back.

So I'm asking you all to share this.
Share my message and make these low lives realise that this behavior will not be tolerated anymore, and make them feel what it's like to have unwanted attention.
When it comes to street harassment, I will be silent no more.
It's up to us to fucking support each other and stop harassment when we see it happening.

#silentnomore
#feminism #hollaback #streetharassment #women #feministrant
— feeling angry.

This led to a doxing and online harassment campaign of the guy in question until....

https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/56up34/man_shamed_online_for_harassing_young_asian_women/

It turned out the guy was autistic and his behaviour had been misinterpreted.

So is there a lesson for progressives to lesson from this? :?:
maz wrote:Wikipedia, which is known for it's 100% accuracy rating, claims that Zoe Quinn did not sleep with journalists in exchange for good reviews, and that the sexual relationship she had with a gaming journalist and his favorable comments of her game was just a coincidence.

Well, no, it's not a 'coincidence', because by definition, coincidences have to happen, and involve two or more things happening at the same time. Quinn's ex-boyfriend, who started it all with his posts saying how much he hates her, said:

Grayson never reviewed Depression Quest, nor did anyone else at Kotaku. And Gjoni later updated his blog to say, "To be clear, if there was any conflict of interest between Zoe and Nathan regarding coverage of Depression Quest prior to April, I have no evidence to imply that it was sexual in nature."

https://uk.pcmag.com/gaming-1/36786/eve ... -gamergate

Quinn and Grayson's relationship started after the reviews of her game, and Grayson didn't write one anyway. This is the problem with 'GamerGate' - the misogynist half just makes things up about what happened, and then gets in a huff about how disgraceful their fiction is. And it apparently still stings them, 5 years later.
Oh good zinger. :roll:

AS I SAID. She should have contacted the police that had jurisdiction over here vile rape. Apparently you disagree. You seem to believe that she should limit her response to the charge of rape to bitching on the internet. I disagree with you. It appears I consider rape a more serious offense than you do.

Please quote where I claimed that she should not report to the police. Or if you wish, you may apologise to me for putting words in my mouth. Your choice.

As long as we agree that the decision to go to the police, and the decision to go on social media have nothing to do with each other, and choosing one does not mean you can no longer choose the other.

I never said that. You are having some comprehension problems. What I said was that she is subject to the libel laws. If she makes an allegation she cannot prove then she MIGHT be sued and the plaintiff may prevail. Now this is not hard even for you to understand. I have backed off of nothing.

You said:

I would also hold the social media responsible for publishing libelous information unless they prohibit unfounded allegations on their TOS.

This certainly sounds like you think Twitter should be held accountable for Quinn’s claims if Quinn herself is not held accountable by Twitter.

But as long as you have backed off, it does not matter.

As I have repeatedly said, and it would appear everyone else here understands, what the social media companies "should" do will no doubt be informed by any liability they might incur. I suggest you consult an attorney if you want to have an opinion on the subject. But you are usually careful so I will assume that you meant to say:

I would be surprised if their terms of service do not already say that. I know they do in the case of Twitter. Read their terms of service. No doubt they have concluded that is wise.

In this case, this is all irrelevant since Quinn would have won any libel or slander suit.

————————

@maz

The article is not wrong simply because you do not like the way the author looks. That has to be the stupidest criticism ever made on PoFo.

————————

foxdemon wrote:Actually, I thought @maz ‘s post was quite appropriate. It well illustrates the ableism of these activists.

Another example of feminist activist ableism occurred in Melbourne in late 2016.

This is Laura Miller’s rant saved from Facebook.

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-58707-post-1412948.html

This led to a doxing and online harassment campaign of the guy in question until....

https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/56up34/man_shamed_online_for_harassing_young_asian_women/

It turned out the guy was autistic and his behaviour had been misinterpreted.

So is there a lesson for progressives to lesson from this? :?:

That conservatives will look the other way when men are trying to intimidate women if the man might have autism?
[quote="Pants-of-dog”]

That conservatives will look the other way when men are trying to intimidate women if the man might have autism?[/quote]

Whose looking the other way? It is a clear case of ableism.

See, if someone happens to be autistic, they aren’t going to understand context. It is extremely ableist to then judge their behaviour as interpreted by a third party.

This applies also in the case of Holowka. The guy had a long history of mental illness. To describe the situation as ‘male fragility’ is also ableism. It is quite clear there is no concern here for people with disabilities.

As to Zoe Quinn, she is clearly an activist with an agenda and can’t be considered particularly trustworthy. She and her comrades are exactly the sort of people who use ‘me too’ allegations to advance their agenda.

These are two episodes of progressives throwing people with disabilities under a bus when it suits a progressive agenda.
foxdemon wrote:Whose looking the other way? It is a clear case of ableism.

See, if someone happens to be autistic, they aren’t going to understand context. It is extremely ableist to then judge their behaviour as interpreted by a third party.

Did you see any intent on the part of the narrator to judge him because of his autism? As far as I can tell, there is no mention of it at all.

This applies also in the case of Holowka. The guy had a long history of mental illness. To describe the situation as ‘male fragility’ is also ableism. It is quite clear there is no concern here for people with disabilities.

How is that ableism, and how does it affect whether or not people should discuss their abuse on social media?

As to Zoe Quinn, she is clearly an activist with an agenda and can’t be considered particularly trustworthy. She and her comrades are exactly the sort of people who use ‘me too’ allegations to advance their agenda.

These are two episodes of progressives throwing people with disabilities under a bus when it suits a progressive agenda.

What is this supposed agenda?

At this point, it seems like you are imagining an ulterior motive and then using this imaginary ulterior motive to simply dismiss everything she says without even considering that she may be right.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Did you see any intent on the part of the narrator to judge him because of his autism? As far as I can tell, there is no mention of it at all.

The narrator is irrelevant. I had to use those sources because the news articles have been removed. I agree those guys are tools.

How is that ableism, and how does it affect whether or not people should discuss their abuse on social media?

ableism
/ˈeɪblɪz(ə)m/
noun
discrimination in favour of able-bodied people.
"we were fed up with the ableism of the women's movement"

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/ableism

They say a person is at fault while ignoring that person’s disability.

Regarding social media, I can’t see why anyone can not discuss whatever they like on social media. I disagree with the idea that a social media company is in any way responsible for such private content. However, liable laws do apply to individuals.

What is this supposed agenda?

At this point, it seems like you are imagining an ulterior motive and then using this imaginary ulterior motive to simply dismiss everything she says without even considering that she may be right.

I think you would be better able to explain their agenda, if at some point you wanted to be honest. I claim this on the basis that their political views are similar to your own.

Anyway, @Drlee is right. If Quinn was bono fide, she would have taken the case to the police. Given she seems to believe her case would not stand up in court, and that she is a known activist with much to gain from accusations of this nature, one is left with the impression that she is mal fide, not acting in good faith.

Instead what we have is a clear case of a progressive activist and allies engaging in ableism.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Quinn and Grayson's relationship started after the reviews of her game, and Grayson didn't write one anyway. This is the problem with 'GamerGate' - the misogynist half just makes things up about what happened, and then gets in a huff about how disgraceful their fiction is. And it apparently still stings them, 5 years later.

This is the kind of shit gamergaters get angry about:

Women are censoring my vidya games!!!
foxdemon wrote:The narrator is irrelevant.

The narrator is entirely relevant since you are accusing that person of being ableist.

Did you see any intent on the part of the narrator to judge him because of his autism? As far as I can tell, there is no mention of it at all.

They say a person is at fault while ignoring that person’s disability.

How is that an example of ableism?

Are you assuming this man acted this way because he was autistic?

Regarding social media, I can’t see why anyone can not discuss whatever they like on social media. I disagree with the idea that a social media company is in any way responsible for such private content. However, liable laws do apply to individuals.

Yes, but libel laws are irrelevant in this case.

I think you would be better able to explain their agenda, if at some point you wanted to be honest. I claim this on the basis that their political views are similar to your own.

At this point, it seems like your argument about a secret agenda is meaningless.

Anyway, @Drlee is right. If Quinn was bono fide, she would have taken the case to the police. Given she seems to believe her case would not stand up in court, and that she is a known activist with much to gain from accusations of this nature, one is left with the impression that she is mal fide, not acting in good faith.

Instead what we have is a clear case of a progressive activist and allies engaging in ableism.

You obviously did not read the words of Eileen Holowka that were already quoted in this thread.

Once again:

The developer Zoe Quinn, who has already faced some of the most poisonous online harassment as enemy number one of Gamergate, went public last week about the extensive emotional and sexual abuse they suffered at the hands of their former partner, developer Alec Holowka. (Quinn uses they/them pronouns.) Others, including Albertine Watson, also came forward about Holowka’s behavior. Like Quinn, and like most people who have been subject to physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, they had thought they were the only ones—until someone broke their silence.

Holowka’s colleagues on the popular game Night in the Woods were quick to cut ties with him. “Enough of the allegations are extremely plausible and just about all of it we've corroborated with other sources,” wrote Scott Benson on the game’s Kickstarter page. “I'm not going to list those out here, this isn't a trial, and we don't /owe/ the internet a comprehensive accounting of why so many people who have known Alec for years have looked at the accusations and believed them.”

Then, on Saturday, August 31, Holowka took his own life. This is a tragic story for everyone involved: for Holowka’s family, for his coworkers, and for the women he allegedly victimized over the years. Nothing has been proved in a court of law, but Holowka’s colleagues were quite clear that they find the allegations credible. “Those who know me will know that I believe survivors and I have always done everything I can to support survivors, those suffering from mental illnesses, and those with chronic illnesses,” wrote Eileen Holowka, Alec’s sister, in a post announcing the death of her brother and “best friend.” “Alec was a victim of abuse and he also spent a lifetime battling mood and personality disorders. I will not pretend that he was not also responsible for causing harm.” Eileen Holowka added that “in case it’s not already f****** obvious, Alec *specifically said* he wished the best for Zoë and everyone else, so don’t use our grief as an excuse to harass people.”

The family’s wishes have been ignored; the backlash against Quinn and others has been relentless. According to the logic of an army of concern-trolls, Quinn has blood on their hands. They should have taken Holowka’s fragility into account before “ruining his life.” They are worse than a murderer. Quinn deleted their Twitter account after a barrage of harassment and threats, many of them from people who consider Quinn’s chief crime “inciting harassment.”
Motti wrote:Actually, it is an attempt to exclude meritorious and intelligent women in favour of libtard women in key positions.
Another person who doesn't have the foggiest idea about what #MeToo was about. :knife:

MeToo
The Me Too movement (or #MeToo movement), with a large variety of local and international related names, is a movement against sexual harassment and sexual assault.
The Me Too movement (or #MeToo movement), with a large variety of local and international related names, is a movement against sexual harassment and sexual assault.

So, why is not happening in Pakistan where minority women and girls are routinely raped and molested by the week? Is it because MeToo stalwarts only focus on nations that are not Islamic, and who refuse to follow the neoliberal agenda?
So, why is not happening in Pakistan where minority women and girls are routinely raped and molested by the week? Is it because MeToo stalwarts only focus on nations that are not Islamic, and who refuse to follow the neoliberal agenda?

Well it might be that the movement is almost entirely an American political movement. You will have to ask the Pakistanis about their problems.

Your point, essentially that American women and leftish men give way too much room to the all too frequent, all too vile treatment of women under Islam is not lost however.
Why are we nattering on about HC? And a RT article to boot?

Seriously folks. Naming Hillary Clinton is not evoking the devil.

This is politics today. People hiding behind sound bites and not thinking for themselves.

Think about what these women are saying. It is not about HC or Weinstein. It is about a systemic cultural problem. The world is not about former US presidential candidates.
Drlee wrote:Think about what these women are saying. It is not about HC or Weinstein. It is about a systemic cultural problem. The world is not about former US presidential candidates.

When they block investigations they're part of the problem. The 1% wreck the world.

Also HC is connected to all three of Weinstein, Epstein and Weiner(who's crimes are lesser than the other two, but he'll always be lumped in with the other two now).
Also HC is connected to all three of Weinstein, Epstein and Weiner(who's crimes are lesser than the other two, but he'll always be lumped in with the other two now).

What does "connected" mean? Are you saying she sanctioned their behavior? I have seen no evidence of that.
I was shocked and appalled by the revelations about Harvey Weinstein," Clinton said in a statement through her spokesman Nick Merrill. "The behavior described by women coming forward cannot be tolerated. Their courage and the support of others is critical in helping to stop this kind of behavior."
Drlee wrote:What does "connected" mean? Are you saying she sanctioned their behavior? I have seen no evidence of that.

No, I'm saying she may have covered it up because of how embarrassing it all is. Also when I said "connected" I mean they are all close friends of the Clinton family.
colliric wrote:https://youtu.be/C1Wy6_dv_6I

Hillary Clinton tried to silence the NBC reporter investigating Harvey Weinstein. Lol.

Of course she did. These liberals don't give a fuck about sexism or racism, they're just cynically exploiting these issues as a distraction to divert energy and focus from the real issues of wealth and power disparities. Anti-racism and anti-sexism don't fundamentally threaten the liberal class's wealth and power, progressive identitarian politics is the perfect diversion from the growing wealth gap and the extreme democracy deficits that are the real source of our trouble and their privilege. The last thing the liberals want is the working poor coming together on issues of class and power.
No, I'm saying she may have covered it up because of how embarrassing it all is. Also when I said "connected" I mean they are all close friends of the Clinton family.

When one is a national politician literally all wealthy people are "close friends". But even if they were real close friends does that mean that Hillary Clinton knew all of this stuff was going on? Or should have? I think not.

I have no problem holding people responsible for their associates to some degree but to insinuate that HC was somehow complicit in this is over the top.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]