Bolton is fired - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Hindsite
Political Interest wrote:Bolton is a political dinosaur. Hawkish leadership is outdated.

We need to be working more towards multi lateral cooperation and a multi polar world.

We have two poles, a north and a south. :lol:
Bolton is a dangerous retard. As Heisenberg says, Bolton is a boorish idiot as equally obsessed with spreading war and devastation as Hillary Clinton. As much as I don’t think Trump is very competent, it’s amusing that he has never been impressed with Bolton’s hardon for war and even baited him a number of times. Firing Bolton is a great thing.

I’m not sure Trump overtures to Iran will be any more successful than ones to the DPRK. However, he’s intelligent enough to back off from Syria and to want detente with Iran now, apparently.
By blackjack21
Beren wrote:Trump fired Bolton most likely because he's about to change course in his foreign policy and Bolton was in his way, and he was in his way in the case of Iran especially, which is the most important foreign policy issue recently.

Indeed. It will be interesting to see what happens in response to the Houthi (Iranian) attack on Saudi oil facilities. Getting rid of Bolton may have encouraged Iran. There has been no response to the shoot down of the US drone either.

Bulaba Jones wrote:I’m not sure Trump overtures to Iran will be any more successful than ones to the DPRK. However, he’s intelligent enough to back off from Syria and to want detente with Iran now, apparently.

I'm not inclined to think that diplomacy will work either. What will be interesting is what will Trump, or regional governments, do in response to the attacks on Saudi Arabian oil facilities. Trump will lose re-election if oil is North of $100 a barrel throughout 2020. I assume he understands that. Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud seems to be running things in Saudi Arabia these days, and the war in Yemen doesn't appear to be going that well even though Saudi Arabia is armed to the teeth. The US doesn't need oil from the Middle East anymore, but nations that depend on it have usually let the US handle the situation in the gulf.
By Heisenberg
Bulaba Jones wrote:As much as I don’t think Trump is very competent, it’s amusing that he has never been impressed with Bolton’s hardon for war and even baited him a number of times. Firing Bolton is a great thing.

That article that quoted Trump as saying "John, is Ireland one of the countries you want to invade?" during a meeting with Leo Varadkar was hilarious. Who knew he had it in him? :lol:
By skinster
Bulaba Jones wrote:However, he’s intelligent enough to back off from Syria and to want detente with Iran now, apparently.

He bombed Syria and there are currently still thousands of American troops in Syria. I think he only backed off in the way Obama backed off, realizing continuing overt war on Syria would result in war between the U.S. and Russia.

blackjack21 wrote:Houthi (Iranian)

For the gazillionth time, Houthis are from Yemen, not Iran.

Heisenberg wrote:That article that quoted Trump as saying "John, is Ireland one of the countries you want to invade?" during a meeting with Leo Varadkar was hilarious. Who knew he had it in him? :lol:

I didn't know this happened. :lol:
By foxdemon
Rancid wrote:Good riddance, but he will likely be replaced by someone worse.

Oh come on! There is no greater warmonger than Bolton. Oh wait, there is Hillary Clinton.
By Hindsite
skinster wrote:For the gazillionth time, Houthis are from Yemen, not Iran.

I believe he means that Iran supports the Houthis or at least the ones that attacked the oil field in Saudi Arabia the other day.
By Beren
blackjack21 wrote:Indeed. It will be interesting to see what happens in response to the Houthi (Iranian) attack on Saudi oil facilities. Getting rid of Bolton may have encouraged Iran. There has been no response to the shoot down of the US drone either.

What Houthi attack? I'd believe the drones attacked the Abqaiq facility from Qatar rather than Yemen.

By Negotiator
Political Interest wrote: Bolton is a political dinosaur. Hawkish leadership is outdated.

I would use much stronger words to describe Boltons political agenda. That guy wants to kill lots of people for archieving his political goal of suppressing lots of people.
By blackjack21
skinster wrote:For the gazillionth time, Houthis are from Yemen, not Iran.

Uh. I said that only once. The Houthis are Iranian-backed. You may not be familiar with the concept of proxy war, but those of us who lived through the Cold War are very familiar with the game. Nobody is fooled.

Beren wrote:What Houthi attack? I'd believe the drones attacked the Abqaiq facility from Qatar rather than Yemen.

The Houthi claimed responsibility.

Hindsite wrote:I believe he means that Iran supports the Houthis or at least the ones that attacked the oil field in Saudi Arabia the other day.

In any case, the Houthis, who claimed responsibility for the attack, do not have the technical capability or the financial resources to buy and fly drones beyond line of sight. That technology came from someone other than Houthis, more than likely Iran.
By Hindsite
blackjack21 wrote:In any case, the Houthis, who claimed responsibility for the attack, do not have the technical capability or the financial resources to buy and fly drones beyond line of sight. That technology came from someone other than Houthis, more than likely Iran.

Yes, that makes perfect sense.
Thank god the president fired that dangerous and unstable person that he hired. Who could have possibly known Bolton can only cum to declarations of war?
By Godstud
Yes, I think it might be good to remember who MADE him the NSA... :|
But no you see, it was a brilliant move to let Bolton push for the ending of the Iran deal.

Now that Iran knows we won't honor our agreements and that engaging with us is pointless because we will always antagonize them President Deals can swoop in and... ???

???

And that's how he'll Make America Great Again. Now Iran knows we are serious, because the president says we will go to war with them if the Saudis give us money. Who wouldn't be excited to die as part of a mercenary army purchased by a foreign monarchy that has always been a good ally to us?
By Hindsite
SpecialOlympian wrote:Who wouldn't be excited to die as part of a mercenary army purchased by a foreign monarchy that has always been a good ally to us?

Not me, I am too old to die. :lol:
By Patrickov
Godstud wrote:@Verv All Trump's done in North Korea is to make photo ops for himself. He's done nothing that has had any practical effect.

It has. It makes China look truly alone, had it not been the treacherous (with respect to the U.S. at least, but more like the vast amount people who yearn for freedom from oppression) South Korean and Filipino presidents that is.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession ... This is co[…]

The UCJ just ordered Israel to allow food aid . […]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]